PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Bulking ~ Help

ericcdong
07-10-2011, 07:29 AM
alright so ive learned through this forum and site about bulking and learned i want to clean bulk. I know its 500 calories above my maintenance, however, i when i found my maintenance it says i need 2400 calories to maintain my weight if i exercised 5 days a week (which i do). now thing is i sorta don't BELIEVE that is the right number because i eat less than 2400 calories in one day and i maintain my 145 pounds, so is something wrong? or what?

Ajaro
07-10-2011, 07:31 AM
your body knows your maintenance better than a calculator and some equations. That is, assuming, you're calculating your daily calories correctly.

Rog447
07-10-2011, 07:38 AM
your body knows your maintenance better than a calculator and some equations.

Agreed, Weight yourself this morning on an empty stomach.....add 500 calories per day to your diet, weigh yourself again next sunday, then make changes.

peanut-butter
07-10-2011, 07:39 AM
There are a lot of factors that determine how many calories you will need, and there is also a lot of people in this world, thus making online calculators/formulas only a rough estimate, not an exact calculation.

Count calories for a certain period of time, if you're not gaining weight/you're losing weight, increase/decrease calories appropriately until you are gaining/losing your targeted weight per week.