PDA

View Full Version : Drink uncooked brown rice?

aex3x
07-08-2011, 02:53 PM
I do it with oatmeal all the time and figured why not brown rice?

Would this work? Or would the rice not get digested because it was not cooked?

clangsta
07-08-2011, 02:56 PM
one question.

Why?

Lvisaa2
one question.

Why?

This^. Eat a carb source that you enjoy?

sunchienlee
one question.

Why?

^^ This
WHY?

WonderPug
07-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Yuck.

perumina
07-08-2011, 02:59 PM
youd probably get stuck

lovingit
07-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Yeah. Let us know how it goes.

WonderPug
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
^ Wait, no. No NOOOO.*

------------
* Referencing lack of avi.

phozosado
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_scfe5YzN958/TGVciE1ic2I/AAAAAAAACDA/IcRkNrrSfmY/s1600/Daniel+Plainview+has+a+suggestion.jpg

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Yeah. Let us know how it goes.

What did we do wrong?

lovingit
07-08-2011, 03:03 PM
^ Wait, no. No NOOOO.*
------------
lol I've been in a mood today. I'll add one back.

eta: phisig - ...you are being PUNISHED! *evil laugh*

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
Why?

Because the only carbs I enjoy are fruit and I figured it would be good to incorporate brown rice. I cook a steak, pork chops, chicken breast, or whatever and very much enjoy eating them, but I dislike having to find carbs to go with them all the time. Therefore, I would enjoy drinking the brown rice because I could just get it over with.

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:06 PM
lol I've been in a mood today. I'll add one back.

eta: phisig - ...you are being PUNISHED! *sexy & seducing laugh*

Fixed

lovingit
07-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Why?

Because the only carbs I enjoy are fruit and I figured it would be good to incorporate brown rice. I cook a steak, pork chops, chicken breast, or whatever and very much enjoy eating them, but I dislike having to find carbs to go with them all the time. Therefore, I would enjoy drinking the brown rice because I could just get it over with.
Personally, I hate rice myself, and I'm not much of a potato fan. Do you not like bagels, or sandwiches, or waffles, or pancakes, or crackers, or pita bread, or tortillas, or oatmeal, etc etc?

WonderPug
07-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Do you like chocolate milk, ice cream, cake, cookies or similar products? They contain carbs.

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Why?

Then do it.. you know, it would be easier to find delicious carbs if you spent less time making stupid threads about shooting uncooked cardboard

cornbread112
07-08-2011, 03:16 PM
tried drinking uncooked grits in water. besides almost choking, im pretty sure i just crapped it out. you need to cook it to convert the starches or something... if you're this desperate to get carbs into you, buy the dehydrated potatoe flakes, cook em up, throw em in a cup, hold your nose and swallow

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Personally, I hate rice myself, and I'm not much of a potato fan. Do you not like bagels, or sandwiches, or waffles, or pancakes, or crackers, or pita bread, or tortillas, or oatmeal, etc etc?

I eat sandwiches, but they also get old.

I do like bagels, waffles, pancakes, crackers, pita bread, tortillas, etc..., but I can't eat that kind of stuff because then my body will crave more and crave even worse foods.

lovingit
07-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Oh yeah, forgot cornbread. I love cornbread.

phozosado
07-08-2011, 03:19 PM
This is a great companion to the recent "oil drinking" trend we've seen. If we can find someone who drinks shrimp, we've got ourselves a stir-fry.

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Then do it.. you know, it would be easier to find delicious carbs if you spent less time making stupid threads about shooting uncooked cardboard

Why do it if they are not going to digest? That's the point of this thread, to find out if they would digest or not.

I don't have a problem finding delicious carbs, I have a problem finding delicious carbs that will not cause me to crave even more delicious carbs 10 minutes later.

clangsta
07-08-2011, 03:24 PM
just eat bagels, seriously, even in your bro scienced world they will do whatever it is you are hoping to achieve by drinking brown rice. You must like bagels, surely?

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:31 PM
tried drinking uncooked grits in water. besides almost choking, im pretty sure i just crapped it out. you need to cook it to convert the starches or something... if you're this desperate to get carbs into you, buy the dehydrated potatoe flakes, cook em up, throw em in a cup, hold your nose and swallow

from bad to worse..

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Why do it if they are not going to digest? That's the point of this thread, to find out if they would digest or not.

I don't have a problem finding delicious carbs, I have a problem finding delicious carbs that will not cause me to crave even more delicious carbs 10 minutes later.

So doing something like this will help?

What's wrong with eating more carbs later?

Is this a binge type thing?

Kozlicek
07-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Drinking uncoooked brown rice? Soon ppl will drink nails I guess...

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:48 PM
So doing something like this will help?

What's wrong with eating more carbs later?

Is this a binge type thing?

Well, this is the place the talked me into drinking oatmeal. I figured there would be more crazies around here that have tried drinking brown rice.

More carbs later, then I have to find even more carbs to eat at one time.

I don't know what you mean by a binge type thing.

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:49 PM
Well, this is the place the talked me into drinking oatmeal. I figured there would be more crazies around here that have tried drinking brown rice.

meaning you can't control yourself

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:49 PM
just eat bagels, seriously, even in your bro scienced world they will do whatever it is you are hoping to achieve by drinking brown rice. You must like bagels, surely?

Yes, I agree, if I could eat just one.

phozosado
07-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Most of us don't drink solid food.

TASEVSKI
07-08-2011, 03:50 PM
This is a great companion to the recent "oil drinking" trend we've seen. If we can find someone who drinks shrimp, we've got ourselves a stir-fry.

lol.

aex3x
07-08-2011, 03:53 PM
meaning you can't control yourself

Correct, I can't control myself when I eat bad food like canybars, white bread, white pasta, pancakes, waffles, fast food, etc...

I'm working on eating slower when I go out to eat with people, it really seems to be helping with the not able to control myself thing.

PhiSig2298
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Correct, I can't control myself when I eat bad food like canybars, white bread, white pasta, pancakes, waffles, fast food, etc...

I'm working on eating slower when I go out to eat with people, it really seems to be helping with the not able to control myself thing.

Have you discussed this with someone? Like with a professional instead of us Internet Doctors?

First off.. What's your current stats? Maintenance calories? Current calories? Macros & goals?

Anzy
07-08-2011, 03:57 PM
If you ate/drank brown rice uncooked, it would come out the other end exactly the same as it went in (read: undigested). This is an idiotic idea, that you should slap yourself for having.

AlmostDecent
07-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I eat sandwiches, but they also get old.

I do like bagels, waffles, pancakes, crackers, pita bread, tortillas, etc..., but I can't eat that kind of stuff because then my body will crave more and crave even worse foods.

Worse? Worse than what?

A bunch of the posters are deliberately avoiding asking this to not goad you into talking about clean and unclean foods, at which point you will get slammed and be instructed to read the stickies. I'll spare them them the effort: read the stickies.

Worse... The only 'worse' I saw was this absurd idea of drinking uncooked rice and oats. Geez.

desslok
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
Just drink brown rice syrup??profit?

aex3x
07-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Have you discussed this with someone? Like with a professional instead of us Internet Doctors?

First off.. What's your current stats? Maintenance calories? Current calories? Macros & goals?

I'm not trying to discuss this with internet doctors, I came here with a simple question and everyone asked questions instead of answering. Someone finally answered on the second page.

Stats:
5'11"
210 Lbs
rep 225 6 times on bench

I don't know maintenance calories or current calories are. I just watch the scale and mirror every couple weeks and adjust intake and exercise accordingly. Goal is to cut more and get rid of that pesky stomach fat covering my abs.

Macros should be pretty close to 40/40/20

moneyrich
07-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Why?

you dislike ice cream? get out.

aex3x
07-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Worse? Worse than what?

A bunch of the posters are deliberately avoiding asking this to not goad you into talking about clean and unclean foods, at which point you will get slammed and be instructed to read the stickies. I'll spare them them the effort: read the stickies.

Worse... The only 'worse' I saw was this absurd idea of drinking uncooked rice and oats. Geez.

I'm confused, the stickies will claim that there is not such a thing as clean and unclean foods? Man how this place has changed.

bbavender
07-08-2011, 04:33 PM
OP if your afraid of binging on solid food, then drink some milk. At least it's a drink. It is a great carb source that provides good protein, and even some good fats if you opt for whole milk. Or try some yogurt in a smoothie. The options are endless but don't resort to drinking brown rice

Runner99
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM

you must be real fun out on a date man

waiter: 'what sides would you like'

OP: 'I'll take brown rice, but only if it's available in liquid form'

smh

aex3x
07-08-2011, 05:57 PM
OP if your afraid of binging on solid food, then drink some milk. At least it's a drink. It is a great carb source that provides good protein, and even some good fats if you opt for whole milk. Or try some yogurt in a smoothie. The options are endless but don't resort to drinking brown rice

I already do that. I eat apples, 100% whole grain bread, oranges, cherries, raspberries, whole wheat tortillas, milk, oatmeal, broccoli, lettuce, and 100% whole grain pasta all the time. It would have just been nice to have another option.

aex3x
07-08-2011, 06:01 PM
you must be real fun out on a date man

waiter: 'what sides would you like'

OP: 'I'll take brown rice, but only if it's available in liquid form'

smh

I don't have anything against eating out. I do it about every other day. I just try to eat well when when im not in a social setting.