PDA

View Full Version : Fan dies after falling from stands at Rangers game

texanadian
07-07-2011, 08:31 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Texas-Rangers-Fan-dies-after-falling-out-of-stands-070711

will find a vid/pics and report back ITT

The accident happened in the second inning after Oakland's Conor Jackson hit a foul ball that ricocheted into left field. Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton retrieved the ball and tossed it into the stands.

video credit to thenextlevel11

W0nA-X-5MKA

JKS4
07-07-2011, 08:36 PM
damn...pretty fd up. Its not his fault but you know Josh Hamilton feels terrible about this.

GPx
07-07-2011, 08:38 PM
damn...pretty fd up. Its not his fault but you know Josh Hamilton feels terrible about this.

I think Conor Jackson, the guy who hit the ball, would feel worse...

Shinya-Aoki
07-07-2011, 08:38 PM
if he was part cat theres a 50% chance he would have lived...rip

MA5Bergey
07-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Note to self... never go near the railings at the Ballpark in Arlington... apparently those upper decks are a death trap. Isn't this the second time in two years?

texanadian
07-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Note to self... never go near the railings at the Ballpark in Arlington... apparently those upper decks are a death trap. Isn't this the second time in two years?

yep happened last year vs CLE, i live near arlington and word is he was a firefighter... fuuuu

edit: last year's dude was a firefighter... damn fb rumors

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
this is terrible.

feardafronfz3
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I think Conor Jackson, the guy who hit the ball, would feel worse...

No way. Guy who hit the ball has no control of it after it leaves his bat. Hamilton could have given it to a kid in the front row, thrown it in another direction, etc. He will be questioning his decision for a long time

bigcc
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I always wondered how often people actually get ****ed up by quick foul balls hitting the stands, all takes is one look away of an at bat if you're on the 1st/3rd base line and in, and you could take a wicked shot to the face

AmazinJason
07-07-2011, 08:50 PM
I always wondered how often people actually get ****ed up by quick foul balls hitting the stands, all takes is one look away of an at bat if you're on the 1st/3rd base line and in, and you could take a wicked shot to the face

i'd say more people get phucked up during batting practice in the outfield stands than during the game.

bigcc
No way. Guy who hit the ball has no control of it after it leaves his bat. Hamilton could have given it to a kid in the front row, thrown it in another direction, etc. He will be questioning his decision for a long time

didn't see it, but it sounds like in no way is it actually Hamiltons fault.... he was just trying to hook someone up with a cheaper seat with a souvenir

melanimal_old
edited. im sick for that family.

badabing81
07-07-2011, 08:53 PM
20 ft doesnt seem all that far of a fall? he must've landed straight on his head or just very awkwardly.

bigcc
i'd say more people get phucked up during batting practice in the outfield stands than during the game.

you'd have to imagine they are expecting it and get time to see it incoming, with a line drive foul right by the 3rd base if you're some old lady or are looking and talking to the person next to you, I could foresee a lot of people getting drilled

thenextlevel11
lets blame the fat boy TEXASHEAT

VTheKing
07-07-2011, 08:54 PM
That ****ing sucks. But gee, it's a pretty hefty height - don't reach for something you aren't sure you aren't going to catch!

20 ft doesnt seem all that far of a fall? he must've landed straight on his head or just very awkwardly.

From the video it seemed like he went head first. Ouch.

bigcc
07-07-2011, 08:55 PM

wouldn't have to land straight on his head, if you fall 20 feet, land on your ass but your head bounces back from the impact and hits a bar/concrete, it could easily kill you

a 20 foot fall is pretty wicked bro, especially if you're just an average person and you're falling off balance

IShootCMen
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
O lawd...do we have a wizard here?

Rangers manager Ron Washington said: "Josh is fine -- outwards he's fine. I guess he's got to deal with it in his own way."

AmazinJason
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
you'd have to imagine they are expecting it and get time to see it incoming, with a line drive foul right by the 3rd base if you're some old lady or are looking and talking to the person next to you, I could foresee a lot of people getting drilled

thing is these kind of foul balls happen only a few times a game. and a lot of times there are so many other fans around you who will probably block the ball somehow. i know the ball a lot of times ricochets off people and ends up hitting other people.

thing is during batting practice the players are hitting bombs over and over and over and there's just so many home runs hit. and there's not as many fans during batting practice so the people around you can't protect you. and the thing is during batting practice the bombs are being hit one after another. sometimes the people all go after one ball, and don't pay attention to the next ball being hit and that's how a lot of people get hit.

rsnnh12
07-07-2011, 08:57 PM

One of the guys who saw it said it looked like he broke his neck on the fall, but he was moving his extremities so the other fan thought he'd be okay. Died on the ambulance ride.

Heard he was at the game with his son... fukking awful if true :(

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 08:57 PM
lol dying over a foul ball

IShootCMen
07-07-2011, 08:59 PM

Not funny tho

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I regret watching that video. He was there with his young son. That kid just watched his father fall to his death.

GPx

Oh I misunderstood the situation.

I thought the fan reached over and fell trying to catch a foul ball.

thenextlevel11

fck you fattty

W0nA-X-5MKA

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:04 PM

yea, he leaned over and fell face first.

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:06 PM
fck you fattty

[youtube]W0nA-X-5MKA[/youte]

I dont recommend watching this. its tragic

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:06 PM
fck you fattty

W0nA-X-5MKA

I feel even less sorry after seeing the video.

dude was a dumbass, going for a foul ball like ****ing superman lulz

AmazinJason
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM

what the phuck is wrong with you you fat phucking low life scum?

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM

I feel even less sorry after seeing the video.

dude was a dumbass, going for a foul ball like ****ing superman lulz

damn you are such a ****ty troll.

get you **** together if you think its cool to troll people about a kid watching his father die.

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:08 PM
if you wanna feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the kid, not dumbass parent.

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM

get you **** together if you think its cool to troll people about a kid watching his father die.

i feel sorry for his kid, not the guy though. was stupid and reckless.

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM

fuuu

GPx
I regret watching that video. He was there with his young son. That kid just watched his father fall to his death.

Where's the video?

kyleTX
fck you fattty

W0nA-X-5MKA

replay is at 0:57, both announcers will be fired in the morning

and what a fuking deathtrap for fans, brb falling into a thin gap face-first and not being able to lay your body out for the impact

AmazinJason
if you wanna feel sorry for someone, feel sorry for the kid, not dumbass parent.

he made a bad decision, every1 makes bad decisions, and sadly his bad decision led to his death, but you are here joking about it?

you fat ass phuck

TexasHeat
oh and dying is what hippies do to tshirts. you dye cloth. dieing is what happens when life exists the body.

cool story bro

bigcc
07-07-2011, 09:11 PM
thing is these kind of foul balls happen only a few times a game. and a lot of times there are so many other fans around you who will probably block the ball somehow. i know the ball a lot of times ricochets off people and ends up hitting other people.

thing is during batting practice the players are hitting bombs over and over and over and there's just so many home runs hit. and there's not as many fans during batting practice so the people around you can't protect you. and the thing is during batting practice the bombs are being hit one after another. sometimes the people all go after one ball, and don't pay attention to the next ball being hit and that's how a lot of people get hit.

suppose that makes sense, especially if a couple balls hit the same area back to back, but line drive foul balls happen more than a few times a game

wow so you bash dirk, then bash your fellow fans by laughing at one of them dying trying to snag a ball for his kid, you truly are a phaggot, even compared to other texans (no offense texas brahs but you do have a good bit of trash down there)

TexasHeat

and what a fuking deathtrap for fans, brb falling into a thin gap face-first and not being able to lay your body out for the impact

death trap for fans? thats the first time this has happened in 17 years.

thegenerel
i feel sorry for his kid, not the guy though. was stupid and reckless.

its not reckless to lean for a foul ball. people lose their balance all the time.

its not like he was trying to get a picture of himself planking off the side of the stadium, that is reckless. reckless is going on a heroin bender and going 90 in a 35 MPH zone.

VTheKing
oh and dying is what hippies do to tshirts. you dye cloth. dieing is what happens when life exists the body.

Dying = To Die
Dyeing = To Dye

;)

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
he made a bad decision, every1 makes bad decisions, and sadly his bad decision led to his death, but you are here joking about it?

you fat ass phuck

Yes I am joking about it, fukk off and deal with it.

ryantodd7
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
the phaggot announcers are feeling like **** right about now

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Dying = To Die
Dyeing = To Dye

;)

this lol

Greg1983
Guy's an idiot and made his own fate. Why feel sorry for him?

TexasHeat
its not reckless to lean for a foul ball. people lose their balance all the time.

its not like he was trying to get a picture of himself planking off the side of the stadium, that is reckless. reckless is going on a heroin bender and going 90 in a 35 MPH zone.

he went over the rail like fukking superman, that is RECKLESS

Gris419
07-07-2011, 09:14 PM
inb4 lawsuit and firing of announcers

LostOne287

Why would they be fired? They couldn't possibly have known he was seriously injured, they apparently didn't even know what was down there. When they realized he was still down there they got serious about it.

TexasHeat

finally someone with common sense!

AmazinJason
Yes I am joking about it, fukk off and deal with it.

fat ass. i hope you get chinese water tortured one day.

poppa_boner
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow that seemed like a young guy, and that seemed like his little son next to him, oh man that is tragic, very sad. RIP :( my condolences to his family

wonder how the announcers will feel like tomorrow for laughing and also josh hamilton for throwing that ball.

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Dying = To Die
Dyeing = To Dye

;)

this lol

oh lawd, you are right. my bad. already took my ambien.

bigcc
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM

wrong on this one brah, I'm not even sure if "dieing" is even a word

EDIT: ^^^^ehhhh beat to it

kyleTX
07-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Why would they be fired? They couldn't possibly have known he was seriously injured, they apparently didn't even know what was down there. When they realized he was still down there they got serious about it.

they dun goof'd, have you ever heard announcers joking about a fan falling? Don't think so. The victim's family will surely sue the organization and those two asshats will be canned to save face

thegenerel
07-07-2011, 09:17 PM
wrong on this one brah, I'm not even sure if "dieing" is even a word

yea, look one post up.

reLaxx1
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Who can tell me why texasfat is still green even after the past few months

poppa_boner
07-07-2011, 09:19 PM
wtf at people arguing at how to spell shiit and fat ugly depressed fukcs laughing about this incident.

did you not notice his son right next to him, a young man just died, its a very tragic incident.

eriugcm
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
they dun goof'd, the victim's family will surely sue the organization and those two asshats will be canned to save face

Suing? For what? The railing is there for a reason. He was like "lol this is mine" and he dies. His fault, not the organizations. Fuarkin' sue-happy Americans. It's pretty sad when you can't accept responsibility for your own short comings.

b3rtstare
07-07-2011, 09:20 PM
:-/ That's terrible, What a FREAK accident. It's hard to imagine the pain his family is going through right now, but I can relate. Unfortunately, this hits way too close to home for me right now seeing as my grandpa died of a heart attack 2 weeks ago.

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:21 PM
wtf at people arguing at how to spell shiit and fat ugly depressed fukcs laughing about this incident.

did you not notice his son right next to him, a young man just died, its a very tragic incident.

Who cares, hes a dumbass.

edit: i saw you on nba draft coverage, people who live in glass house shoudn't throw stones.

El Matatan
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM
wow that didnt even seem like a big fall either... maybe he got impaled on something below or maybe even broke his neck?

thenextlevel11
07-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Stats: 6'2", 202 lbs
BodyBlog Entries: 2
BodyPoints: 6162

-MarcusD-
07-07-2011, 09:24 PM
Sub'd for later.

To those saying he was a dumbass etc. He was with his Son and probably wanted to get his Son a ball, and lost his balance.

Also keep in mind if that was your Father who had an accident and died. Probably not such a dumbass anymore.

bigcc
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
yea, look one post up.

dyeing =/= dieing

but w/e no point in arguing over small details

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Sub'd for later.

To those saying he was a dumbass etc. He was with his Son and probably wanted to get his Son a ball, and lost his balance.

Also keep in mind if that was your Father who had an accident and died. Probably not such a dumbass anymore.

just because he was with his son doesnt mean hes incapable of being a dumbass.

son wants a ball? go to the gift shop if he wants one so bad.

feardafronfz3
07-07-2011, 09:28 PM
dyeing =/= dieing

but w/e no point in arguing over small details

he meant look one post up as in his last post admitting that he dun goof'd

Greg1983
07-07-2011, 09:28 PM
Thousands of people die every day through no fault of their own. If there was enough time for me to feel sorry for every one of them, then maybe I'd move on to people who caused it for themselves.

pkahnman
07-07-2011, 09:29 PM

you gotta be the biggest phaggot ever

do you do this for attention?? nothing better to do in your life?

eriugcm
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
Thousands of people die every day through no fault of their own. If there was enough time for me to feel sorry for every one of them, then maybe I'd move on to people who caused it for themselves.

While it is tragic, I do believe that it was his fault. I'm just baffled on how people are saying his survived family is going to sue the organization.

TexasHeat
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM
you gotta be the biggest phaggot ever

because im right?

reLaxx1
07-07-2011, 09:31 PM

brb growing up after watching my dad die right in front of me at a baseball game when he was trying to catch a ball for me.

because im right?

No, because you're banned now.

Ty mods

Greg1983
07-07-2011, 09:32 PM
brb growing up after watching my dad die right in front of me at a baseball game when he was trying to catch a ball for me.

Oh I absolutely feel sorry for the kid. Doesn't make his father any less of an idiot.

-MarcusD-
because im banned!

Fixed lol

In b4 new batman thread ;)

kyleTX

yall rioting canadians have turned cold blooded

poppa_boner

Hes banned, thank god, what a fat bitch

rsnnh12
To the people calling him a dumbass- don't you think its a natural reaction to try to catch the ball? It would be much harder to just stand there and let the ball fall than to lean a little over the railing to catch it. It really could've happened to anyone, unless you're like TexasHeat and too fat to stand up to try to catch a ball.

Just a really shiity situation, feel awful for his son, family, and Josh Hamilton. Must suck having that on your conscience, even though it obviously wasn't his fault. He'll be haunted by the thought of "why didn't I just throw it a little further". feelsbadman

Greg1983
07-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Lulz am I about to be banned then?

reLaxx1
07-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Oh I absolutely feel sorry for the kid. Doesn't make his father any less of an idiot.

Doesn't mean is death isn't sad and uncalled for. Yet calling him a dumbass and an idiot is highly disrespectful considering he died.

also, how long is texasfat banned for

kyleTX
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Fixed lol

texasfat banned

ben and jerry's better watch the fuk out, hide ya ice creams, hide ya pies

eriugcm
07-07-2011, 09:38 PM
To the people calling him a dumbass- don't you think its a natural reaction to try to catch the ball? It would be much harder to just stand there and let the ball fall than to lean a little over the railing to catch it. It really could've happened to anyone, unless you're like TexasHeat and too fat to stand up to try to catch a ball.

Just a really shiity situation, feel awful for his son, family, and Josh Hamilton. Must suck having that on your conscience, even though it obviously wasn't his fault. He'll be haunted by the thought of "why didn't I just throw it a little further". feelsbadman

Yes the entire situation is sad, but he didn't lean over the rail. He hopped on it. The rail is a safety feature. I understand he was going for a ball, but hopping over the railing usually isn't the wisest thing to do.

AmazinJason
07-07-2011, 09:40 PM
texasheat banned and sent off to fat ass camp

Walther_p38
07-07-2011, 09:42 PM

if he had fallen on your stomach he would of bounced back up into the seats.

rsnnh12
07-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Yes the entire situation is sad, but he didn't lean over the rail. He hopped on it. The rail is a safety feature. I understand he was going for a ball, but hopping over the railing usually isn't the wisest thing to do.

Huh? Did you watch the vid? I didn't see "hopping" there, at all... looked like he leaned over a little too far and lost his balance

feardafronfz3
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
texasheat banned and sent off to fat ass camp

http://bearseatpeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/perkisystem1.jpg

eriugcm
07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Huh? Did you watch the vid? I didn't see "hopping" there, at all... looked like he leaned over a little too far and lost his balance

Are you serious? He pounced toward the rail.

dtbrehm
07-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Didn't look like that far of a fall...

Dude just didn't know how to fall.

Neg_Train
07-07-2011, 09:52 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If the ground beneath had been open area, he could have braced for impact and prolly broken a bone or two. FCKING narrow gap head first= death trap.

Aran
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM

no they won't.

batman15
07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Wait, wtf? He died???

batman15
07-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Fixed lol

The fuk?

hockeyislife9
07-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Rip

SlateSedan
07-07-2011, 10:12 PM
:( Terrible.

Aran
07-07-2011, 10:14 PM
there is no justice in the world. this poor guy dies and casey anthony goes free.

wtf world? wtf!

Ted1122
07-07-2011, 10:16 PM
but at what cost

gottk2x
07-07-2011, 10:19 PM

Hope you are perma banned you fat ass ***got.

And you're cold as ****.

ek3
07-07-2011, 10:19 PM
I think it's kind of disrespectful to actually show the guy falling given that we all know his fate. Sad story, and I think he was with kids, hopefully they weren't his.

The_Albatross
07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Should've had a basket installed like they do at wrigley.

Wearing flip flops to a stadium isn't the best idea either, though in the video it appears the guy just wasn't aware of where his body was in relation to the rail.

GingerBrah
07-07-2011, 10:42 PM
K... I know this is a retarded question but I'm 100% srs.

Could Josh Hamilton be charged with manslaughter??? Isn't this the basic definition?? (causeing the death of another human through your actions... Intentional or not)

Srs... I know the question is dumb, but it's not a real possibility is it??

R.I.P. Dude. Never wanna see something like that happen to a sports fan, yet alone a dad with a kid there. Sad.

stbncbn
07-07-2011, 10:46 PM
people saying he deserved to die for trying to catch a foul ball need to GTFO. go to 4chan to get your kicks, phaggots.

I think it's kind of disrespectful to actually show the guy falling given that we all know his fate. Sad story, and I think he was with kids, hopefully they weren't his.

it was his kid :(

cliffs:
-Josh Hamilton fields a foul ball, throws it towards a fan in the stands.
-Fan leans over the edge to try and catch it, falls 15-20 feet head first. After the game it's announced that he died.

-Fan was a Texas firefighter who brought his son to see a ballgame.
-""When they had him on a stretcher and they were carrying him out, he was saying stuff like 'Please check on my son, he's left up there by himself.'" Athletics reliever Brad Ziegler said. "The people that carried him out reassured him that, 'We'll get your son, we'll make sure he's OK.' We just kind of assumed that he's talking, he's conscious, he'll be okay. To find out he's not is just ... tough.""

-His facebook link- default picture is him and his son: http://www.facebook.com/people/Shannon-Stone/100002222034966

RIP Shannon Stone :(

The_Albatross
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Could Josh Hamilton be charged with manslaughter??? Isn't this the basic definition?? (causeing the death of another human through your actions... Intentional or not)

R.I.P. Dude. Never wanna see something like that happen to a sports fan, yet alone a dad with a kid there. Sad.

Uh, no.

LostOne287
07-07-2011, 10:49 PM

Lol'd.

USAviator
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM
How will Hamilton hold up? I know he has to be in knots, knowing that if he would have thrown it just a bit harder. I mean, this is not his fault, but I cant imagine how he feels right now. Hope he is ok.

GingerBrah
07-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Uh, no.

Why tho??

GingerBrah
07-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Lol'd.

I said it was a stupid question... But where am I gonna ask dumb questions if not the Internet? Lol

Srs tho, I'm looking for a legal description of why... Not trying to be a troll or a dikk

solidus2k3
07-07-2011, 11:01 PM
what a crappy way to die

GetBigyo
07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Damn, this is just terrible and sad. :(

eriugcm
07-07-2011, 11:19 PM

notsureifsrs...

iNerted
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I said it was a stupid question... But where am I gonna ask dumb questions if not the Internet? Lol

Srs tho, I'm looking for a legal description of why... Not trying to be a troll or a dikk

Because the batter was the one who chose to swing, Hamilton has to throw pitches. Lets just say America has turned stupid and they do take him to trial he could just say it was out of his control the wind etc.

OrdoAbchao
07-07-2011, 11:22 PM
people saying he deserved to die for trying to catch a foul ball need to GTFO. go to 4chan to get your kicks, phaggots.

cliffs:
-Fan leans over the edge to try and catch it, falls 15-20 feet head first. After the game it's announced that he died.

-""When they had him on a stretcher and they were carrying him out, he was saying stuff like 'Please check on my son, he's left up there by himself.'" Athletics reliever Brad Ziegler said. "The people that carried him out reassured him that, 'We'll get your son, we'll make sure he's OK.' We just kind of assumed that he's talking, he's conscious, he'll be okay. To find out he's not is just ... tough.""

-His facebook link- default picture is him and his son: http://www.facebook.com/people/Shannon-Stone/100002222034966

terrible man...seriously tragic

most of the time I am a cold hearted bastard but this is fukced up

GingerBrah
07-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Because the batter was the one who chose to swing, Hamilton has to throw pitches. Lets just say America has turned stupid and they do take him to trial he could just say it was out of his control the wind etc.

Lol at everyone saying I'm retarded but not able to offer ANY sort of explanation why.

Basically what im saying is thanxs for your answer

badabing81
07-07-2011, 11:26 PM

i think you're confused.

ek3
07-07-2011, 11:27 PM
strong disrespect and lack of compassion by some of you mofos in this thread.

A man died in a tragic accident in front of his kid (if that was his kid), nothing funny about this. And karma is a bitch so don't go talkin **** about this man

reLaxx1
07-07-2011, 11:27 PM

Hamilton is the Rangers new SP? Interdasting

GingerBrah
07-07-2011, 11:28 PM
i think you're confused.

Lol I know, but at least he tried haha

cor030
07-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol at everyone saying I'm retarded but not able to offer ANY sort of explanation why.

it's usually for people doing reckless **** that puts people directly in danger

like a drunk driver for example. sure, they probably don't mean to get into accidents/hurt people, but they are intoxicated and putting themselves and others at risk by driving.

Hamilton wasn't doing anything reckless, he was simply throwing a ball to a fan and a freak accident happened. I feel absolutely awful for everyone involved. Hamilton has to be torn up right now.

Neg_Train
07-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Interdasting... if this could be a potential manslaughter case.

In Hamilton's defence
1. Fan crossed over safety rail
2. He did not have to pursue the ball.

GingerBrah
07-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Interdasting... if this could be a potential manslaughter case.

In Hamilton's defence
1. Fan crossed over safety rail
2. He did not have to pursue the ball.

It won't become an issue, just an interesting thought IMO

WhiskeyBent3
07-08-2011, 12:24 AM

because your question is so fuking retarded it deserves no kind of decent response, come on now man...

WhiskeyBent3
07-08-2011, 12:30 AM
god damn i feel so sorry for this kid...i almost started to cry, imagine how he is feeling. for the rest of his life he will think his dad died trying to catch a ball for him. fuuuuuuu its sad

KG3
07-08-2011, 12:36 AM
we have the same kind of rail to scoreboard stretch at Petco but it's caged off so if anybody fell you would drop about a foot and land on a cage linked top. i know hindsight is 20/20 but that should have been covered. it's really unfortunate someone has to associate baseball and death together. i feel extremely bad for the son.

unleashed132
07-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Damn.. RIP. So sad, feel sick to my stomach for the son :(

unleashed132
07-08-2011, 12:48 AM

cliffs:

wow.. :(:(:(

PitBillSoxFan
07-08-2011, 04:23 AM
they dun goof'd, have you ever heard announcers joking about a fan falling? Don't think so. The victim's family will surely sue the organization and those two asshats will be canned to save face

All the time.

If the guy got up and walked away, he'd be on today's "not your top 10" on Sportscenter

iamgenus
07-08-2011, 05:06 AM
This is so tragic. Can't believe people are actually laughing at this.

The guy was clearly trying to get a ball for his son. A kid getting a ball at a game puts them on cloud 9 and the guy was just trying to make his son's day. Pure tragedy that in trying to do so this accident happened now poor kid will be haunted the rest of his life.

Nothing about this is funny. Now if he was some drunk guy falling over people while spilling his beer to get to a ball that's a different story.

Rangers need to scramble to cover up that damn area.

Trapstar4.4
07-08-2011, 05:08 AM
damn i feel so bad for that kid. his body rotated so badly, so much so that it seemed like he was pretty much vertical.

ugh sad story is sad

ATownDRock
07-08-2011, 05:12 AM

you're such a fuking phaggot dude. You'll obviously never understand how bad you'd want to get a ball for your kid, but no woman in their right mind would have a kid with your pathetic ass. Seriously, top 3 worst posters in this section. Just behind the previously banned TexasHeat and KC.

hopped? Are you a little too baked there Big Time Timmy Jim? He clearly was just leaning over the railing and lost his balance and flipped over.

This is so tragic. Can't believe people are actually laughing at this.

The guy was clearly trying to get a ball for his son. A kid getting a ball at a game puts them on cloud 9 and the guy was just trying to make his son's day. Pure tragedy that in trying to do so this accident happened now poor kid will be haunted the rest of his life.

Nothing about this is funny. Now if he was some drunk guy falling over people while spilling his beer to get to a ball that's a different story.

Rangers need to scramble to cover up that damn area.

This. But hey, they're behind a keyboard and think they look tough. Bunch of fuking phaggots. And they definitely need to put something over the top of that now. It wasn't their fault, but they should prevent it from ever happening again.

Trapstar4.4
07-08-2011, 05:13 AM

meh, people reach for balls all the time. hell i have even reached for ball before.
most people know that they wont ever catch a baseball in an mlb game in their lifetime so when the opportunity presents itself, in the heat of the moment you reach because you think "oh i got this!". not to mention the ball was from josh hamilton's toss. fans get excited over this sort of thing.

not sure if i would call these people idiots, but to each his own.

Trapstar4.4
07-08-2011, 05:19 AM
oh and i just watched it agian, the fact that he WASNT leaning on the rail is what made this all possible. when the ball was tossed there was space between him and the rail. he was looking at the ball in the air and thus didnt realize that should have taken two steps closer, touch the rail with his hip then reach. instead he leaned, while thinking the rail was there when it wasnt. once your upper body is going over, thats pretty much it.

it was just a misjudgement in the heat of the moment. I feel sorry for everybody.

Trapstar4.4
07-08-2011, 05:21 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If the ground beneath had been open area, he could have braced for impact and prolly broken a bone or two. FCKING narrow gap head first= death trap.

yeah i was thinking about that and was wondering if it was narrow, so once you are fairly vertical and head first, all it does is make sure that you are perfectly vertical on impact. ouch. one might be better off falling from the second deck than a situation like that.

iamgenus
07-08-2011, 05:25 AM
meh, people reach for balls all the time. hell i have even reached for ball before.
most people know that they wont ever catch a baseball in an mlb game in their lifetime so when the opportunity presents itself, in the heat of the moment you reach because you think "oh i got this!". this guy wasnt even reaching that far. just looks like he lost his balance and the worst case scenario was the call

not sure if i would call these people idiots, but to each his own.

Exactly. I think the biggest mistake was wearing flip flops. Looked like he just leaned a bit too much and lost his footing cuz with flip flops you don't get the same grip on the ground.

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 05:26 AM
you're such a fuking phaggot dude. You'll obviously never understand how bad you'd want to get a ball for your kid, but no woman in their right mind would have a kid with your pathetic ass. Seriously, top 3 worst posters in this section. Just behind the previously banned TexasHeat and KC.

You are so obsessed with me. Everywhere I post, there you are.

Mac_xX
07-08-2011, 05:35 AM
omfg, just heard about this on the news... My condolences first and foremost to the kid and his family, I don't even know what I can say there... Secondly I feel so bad for Hamilton, that;s going to be on him for life, what a terrible situation....

fly4navy117
07-08-2011, 05:38 AM

Srs tho, I'm looking for a legal description of why... Not trying to be a troll or a dikkBecause to any reasonable person, what happened was an accident. Because no reasonable person would even entertain the notion of Hamilton being at fault, it would never make it anywhere in the courts.

RIP to that guy. We've all gotten caught up in the moment and he just happened to do it at the wrong place. So tragic...

Trapstar4.4
07-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Exactly. I think the biggest mistake was wearing flip flops. Looked like he just leaned a bit too much and lost his footing cuz with flip flops you don't get the same grip on the ground.

yeah, from this Im just going to try to make sure I am fully aware of my surroundings and when that excitement builds as that ball heads my way, but falls just short of my hands.

Because to any reasonable person, what happened was an accident. Because no reasonable person would even entertain the notion of Hamilton being at fault, it would never make it anywhere in the courts.

RIP to that guy. We've all gotten caught up in the moment and he just happened to do it at the wrong place. So tragic...

yeah it would set a pretty bad precedent if anybody was brought up on charges.
not to mention we dont want to get away from the tradition that the players toss balls into the stands. that part has always been awesome

ATownDRock
07-08-2011, 06:18 AM

this is the sports section. There's not many threads. This thread was 5 pages, so I read it. You and Texasheat are the only retards posting complete and utter bullshiet thinking it's cool to call someone trying to catch a ball for his kid an idiot.

Herp derp.

edit: I have plenty of free time to misc at work. Gonna follow you around and harass you. You mad phaggot?

and lol @ the amount of reps i've gotten that say "Greg1983 is a phaggot"

editx2: lol @ you always negging me. Seems like you're the mad one

eriugcm
07-08-2011, 06:46 AM

this is the sports section. There's not many threads. This thread was 5 pages, so I read it. You and Texasheat are the only retards posting complete and utter bullshiet thinking it's cool to call someone trying to catch a ball for his kid an idiot.

Herp derp.

edit: I have plenty of free time to misc at work. Gonna follow you around and harass you. You mad phaggot?

You guys were meant for each other.

fly4navy117
07-08-2011, 06:49 AM
yeah it would set a pretty bad precedent if anybody was brought up on charges. not to mention we dont want to get away from the tradition that the players toss balls into the stands. that part has always been awesomeExactly. Players have done this at every game since baseball was invented. We should learn from this tragedy and take a fresh look at some railings/nets/ect to keep it from happening again, but accidents happen.

Uncontested
07-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Greg and TexasFatass are a bunch of phaggot trolls. Useless fuccks don't deserve to be posting here, just perma ban these idiots already.

IraHays
07-08-2011, 06:55 AM
Wow, TexasHeat really is scum.

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 06:56 AM

Herp derp.

Oh no people on a message board don't like me! I'd better work on this :rolleyes:.

Greg and TexasFatass are a bunch of phaggot trolls. Useless fuccks don't deserve to be posting here, just perma ban these idiots already.

LOL at "deserve" to be posting on an internet message board. It's a true privilege that must be earned.

KenStiffyJr
07-08-2011, 06:56 AM
wait so he didnt die instantly? He was able to talk on the stretcher? im confused

either way RIP

ATownDRock
07-08-2011, 07:04 AM
LOL at "deserve" to be posting on an internet message board. It's a true privilege that must be earned.

ummm yeah, posting on these boards isn't a right you moron. Hence why they are able to ban people. Retard

rsnnh12
07-08-2011, 07:05 AM
wait so he didnt die instantly? He was able to talk on the stretcher? im confused

either way RIP

Apparently he went into full cardiac arrest in the ambulance

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 07:06 AM
ummm yeah, posting on these boards isn't a right you moron. Hence why they are able to ban people. Retard

Well be sure to let me know what that's like in a few months.

cma416
07-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Hamilton must feel awful. However, the man who died's son is who we should be worried about. I feel so bad for the young boy who has to live with that every day of his life. So tragic. RIP.

Aran
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM

dude you didn't just ask this did you?

tyronebiggums69
07-08-2011, 07:26 AM
Feel sorry for the dudes family.

If he did in fact go into cardiac arrest, it was probably due to shock, and worrying where his kid was.

Mr. Manlet
07-08-2011, 07:39 AM
announcers laughing lol...bet u they feel like ****

matty_b_bop
07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Apparently he went into full cardiac arrest in the ambulance

he must have hit his head/neck pretty badly. might have caused a clot.

feels badman. really tragic.

announcers laughing

wtf?! not one of them even said "I hope he's okay" or something to that effect. unbelievable.

FWIW, i would have done the exact same thing as that guy did and go for the ball. i may not have had the same fate, but I definitely would have went for the ball like everyone else in here would have.

Aran
07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
wtf?! not one of them even said "I hope he's okay" or something to that effect. unbelievable.

yes they do. @1:34

matty_b_bop
07-08-2011, 07:48 AM
yes they do.

really? i must have missed it. i was even paying attention to hear if they did.

my bad if they did, but they were laughing which wasn't appropriate or professional.

Aran
07-08-2011, 07:51 AM
really? i must have missed it. i was even paying attention to hear if they did.

my bad if they did, but they were laughing which wasn't appropriate or professional.

it sounds bad because you are watching this knowing that the fan dies. the announcers didn't know that. it's a pretty awkward situation for an announcer to be in. if it was clear he had died and the were still laughing that would be inexecusable. but everybody should cut them a little slack.

cshugair23
07-08-2011, 07:55 AM
This is fcukin terrible man :( he was there with his young son........feel horrible for his entire family

matty_b_bop
07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
it sounds bad because you are watching this knowing that the fan dies. the announcers didn't know that. it's a pretty awkward situation for an announcer to be in. if it was clear he had died and the were still laughing that would be inexecusable. but everybody should cut them a little slack.

you're right. i have a different perception knowing the fan is about to die. good point, brah.

However, if you're an announcer on television, i still think publicly laughing at someone falling from the stands is unprofessional regardless of whether or not the individual is okay. it's distasteful.

ATownDRock
07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
you're right. i have a different perception knowing the fan is about to die. good point, brah.

However, if you're an announcer on television, i still think publicly laughing at someone falling from the stands is unprofessional regardless of whether or not the individual is okay. it's distasteful.

I could see laughing in someone in the first row along the 3rd baseline falls and basically rolls to the ground. But this was obviously not the case. I honestly can't believe the set-up they have out there. No room for him to maneuver himself to brace his fall. (broken arms > mashing your head obviously)

tyronebiggums69
07-08-2011, 08:13 AM
I could see laughing in someone in the first row along the 3rd baseline falls and basically rolls to the ground. But this was obviously not the case. I honestly can't believe the set-up they have out there. No room for him to maneuver himself to brace his fall. (broken arms > mashing your head obviously)

Did it say somewhere he broke his arms? I think even if he did use his arms his head still would have smashed in the position he was in.

EvolutionSic
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM

People die from falling over brah, Look at all the dudes who die when they get punched and crack their skulls on the floor.

Now put 10stone + 20feet to that you have slim chances.

iamgenus
07-08-2011, 10:03 AM

Exactly. They're paid professionals. I know the game can get a bit boring sometimes so you need to shoot the sh*t but some things you just know isn't right. Laughing at a fan who fell is one of them. Especially from a height like that. Odds that anyone falling from 20 feet would come away perfectly fine are very slim.

Obviously if they knew he would die from this they wouldn't be laughing but even chuckling at some guy falling is very unprofessional and an adult should be able to restrain himself from laughing at something like that.

UtahGetMe2
07-08-2011, 11:17 AM
How some of you can be so insensitive is beyond me. The guy was trying to get a foul ball to give to his son. HIS SON! Who instead had to watch his Dad die right in front of his face. Fuk all you phaggots. What if that was your Dad? What if that was you? It was a freak, tragic death and as a father my heart hurts for that little boy.

Show some fuking respect instead of living your online alias.

poppa_boner
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
How some of you can be so insensitive is beyond me. The guy was trying to get a foul ball to give to his son. HIS SON! Who instead had to watch his Dad die right in front of his face. Fuk all you phaggots. What if that was your Dad? What if that was you? It was a freak, tragic death and as a father my heart hurts for that little boy.

Show some fuking respect instead of living your online alias.

This...it blows my mind how heartless and ignorant some people can be

LostOne287
07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Man after thinking about this more and seeing all the coverage on it, this is so heartbreaking. This kid just lost his dad because he was trying to get a ball for his son and just make him happy. He's going to be thinking of that day every single day for the rest of his life and it's going to haunt him forever. It just tears you up how a simple act of a father trying to do something great for his son can turn into such a horrible tragedy. I also feel bad for Hamilton, imagine how distraught he is about this.

Sublime88
07-08-2011, 11:39 AM

you know i kinda felt sorry for you before because your obese, ugly as fuk and will probably die alone. but how can you not have sympathy for the dude tryin to probably get the ball as a souvenir for his kid, everyone makes mistakes dude.

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
I also feel bad for Hamilton, imagine how distraught he is about this.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9382/hamiltont.png

namean
07-08-2011, 11:46 AM

Did TexasHeat get banned for this comment?

LostOne287
07-08-2011, 11:47 AM
[img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9382/hamiltont.png[img]

This thread has exposed you as the worst poster in this section. I obviously knew about your stupid posts already, but I didn't know how pathetic of a human being you were.

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 11:48 AM
This thread has exposed you as the worst poster in this section. I obviously knew about your stupid posts already, but I didn't know how pathetic of a human being you were.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110621182525/callofduty/images/2/20/Kobe-U-Mad.jpg

namean
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM

^^^this
you know if a fan died at a curling match hed be upset and crying

his location: canaduh

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 11:54 AM
^^^this

Lakers fan from Ohio repping the Mavericks under his name.

Sublime88
07-08-2011, 12:02 PM
^^^this

good to see a troll such as yourself not crossing the line and being a phaggot

namean
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
good to see a troll such as yourself not crossing the line and being a phaggot

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/Ambrey06/herpderp.jpg

ATownDRock
07-08-2011, 12:30 PM

^^^this

been saying this for months now.

texanadian
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
lol my thread caused TexasHeat to be banned, do i win some kind of award?

AmazinJason
07-08-2011, 01:10 PM

sports miscer of the year, completely srs.

Edit: Anyways, I'm pretty sure that fat ass didn't even lift. Hopefully he joins some Texas sports forum or something and I'm pretty sure they would all hate him there too.

namean
07-08-2011, 02:09 PM

lmao, sure, have some greens

iamgenus
07-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Just saw interview on espn with the two fans who were sitting near the guy and his son...started out really heartwrenching just hearing them talk about how the kid was so excited to be there and catch a ball with his new glove. Talking about how right after the guy fell he tried to get up and telling people to look after his dad. I just about teared up there(my parents were divorced awhile ago so I have daddy issues)

Then the woman being interviewed had to ruin the moment. When asked what they had to say for the guy's family if they were watching she goes "It was a gift from God. He had a reason to take him..."

I facepalm'd when she said that. I got no problem with religious people but who in their right mind would try to tell a family who just lost someone that it was a f*cking gift?

The more I hear about this story the more retarded people who made fun of this sound.

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 03:11 PM
been saying this for months now.

Better say it all you can the next couple of months, too. Not much time left!

texanadian
07-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Just saw interview on espn with the two fans who were sitting near the guy and his son...started out really heartwrenching just hearing them talk about how the kid was so excited to be there and catch a ball with his new glove. Talking about how right after the guy fell he tried to get up and telling people to look after his dad. I just about teared up there(my parents were divorced awhile ago so I have daddy issues)

Then the woman being interviewed had to ruin the moment. When asked what they had to say for the guy's family if they were watching she goes "It was a gift from God. He had a reason to take him..."

I facepalm'd when she said that. I got no problem with religious people but who in their right mind would try to tell a family who just lost someone that it was a f*cking gift?

The more I hear about this story the more retarded people who made fun of this sound.

fukkin sad story, will not watch

but srs the "gift from god" thing will probably comfort the family, they are from brownwood which is pretty close to me so im sure they were quite religious.

fly4navy117
07-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Did TexasHeat get banned for this comment?We should just enjoy that he's gone.

Wtf?
07-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Heard about this last night. Horrible. Guy taking his kid to a baseball game.. gets caught up in the moment reaching out to grab that ball for his kid and has to die over it. Sucks. Why couldn't he flip over and land another way and just break his legs? No miracle for that guy.

Guy who threw it must feel awful. Guy who ran and tried to grab his leg as he fell must feel awful. Poor kid will be screwed up for life and blame himself for wanting to go to that game that killed his dad.

Green54
07-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I made this same thread last night before OP did. I deleted it 5 minutes later because I knew what kind of phaggotry was about to insue from some of the posters on this board. Looks like I was right.

bbacn123
07-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Hamilton said he could hear the kid screaming for his dad as he fell. Makes me wanna cry (serious)

reLaxx1
07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Hamilton said he could hear the kid screaming for his dad as he fell. Makes me wanna cry (serious)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lizhozFjNY1qcin3j.png

AmazinJason
07-08-2011, 05:02 PM

almost cried (srs)

eyes watered

-MarcusD-
07-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Maybe the mod who banned Texas Heat can check out this thread.

More idiots.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=714180321#post714180321

feardafronfz3
07-08-2011, 05:39 PM
[img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9382/hamiltont.png[img]

why isnt this clown banned?

Greg1983
07-08-2011, 05:41 PM
why isnt this clown banned?

http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/i-dunno-lol.jpg

iamgenus
07-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Maybe the mod who banned Texas Heat can check out this thread.

More idiots.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=714180321#post714180321

that's disgusting. Don't even care about his rep power, that sh*t deserves a neg at the very least.

AmazinJason
07-08-2011, 05:52 PM
negged him lol

TexasHeat
07-15-2011, 08:00 PM
banned for telling the truth

haters gonna hate

IShootCMen
07-15-2011, 08:07 PM
banned for telling the truth

haters gonna hate

What happened to your avi?