PDA

View Full Version : Cheeseburgers?

bambam0323
07-04-2011, 07:34 PM
First post, figured I'd break it in with a question about a food I am addicted to. Cheeseburgers. Jalapeno bacon cheeseburgers to be exact with raw onion some mayo and mustard and pepper. I am currently trying to bulk and was just wondering how beneficial/detrimental they are or can be to my diet. I know they are high in fat content but arent they also very high in protein? Im all extremely new to bodybuilding. Currently im 6'3 230 and Id like to bulk to maybe 245 and then cut hard back down and I know I wont be able to eat like I am now. Only been lifting since last August but I am seeing gains, noob gains I guess you'd call it. I am at 225x5 in Squat Im not sure what my DL max is but I have done 215x8 and my bench has gone up tremendously from 125x8 to 165x10 but Im not 100% sure what my max would be. I havent lifted since football weight training my freshman year in HS but did play and participate in sports through high school (i.e. football, track, and lacrosse. lacrosse was by far my favorite, it was the most fun out of all three, track just sucked.)

Please take it easy on me haha.

I also had some internal bleeding problems but it turned out to be nothing serious, but I had seen a nutritionist because we thought at the time food allergies may have caused it but it turned out to be otherwise, but he is going to revamp my diet and he is fully aware that I am getting into lifting and would like to gain mass and be healthier than I am now.

and yes, I am sad to say, I have the skinny fat syndrome, Lookin like an hourglass and I would like to change that eventually.

phozosado
07-04-2011, 07:38 PM
First post, figured I'd break it in with a question about a food I am addicted to. Cheeseburgers. Jalapeno bacon cheeseburgers to be exact with raw onion some mayo and mustard and pepper. I am currently trying to bulk and was just wondering how beneficial/detrimental they are or can be to my diet. I know they are high in fat content but arent they also very high in protein? Im all extremely new to bodybuilding. Currently im 6'3 230 and Id like to bulk to maybe 245 and then cut hard back down and I know I wont be able to eat like I am now. Only been lifting since last August but I am seeing gains, noob gains I guess you'd call it. I am at 225x5 in Squat Im not sure what my DL max is but I have done 215x8 and my bench has gone up tremendously from 125x8 to 165x10 but Im not 100% sure what my max would be. I havent lifted since football weight training my freshman year in HS but did play and participate in sports through high school (i.e. football, track, and lacrosse. lacrosse was by far my favorite, it was the most fun out of all three, track just sucked.)

I also had some internal bleeding problems but it turned out to be nothing serious, but I had seen a nutritionist because we thought at the time food allergies may have caused it but it turned out to be otherwise, but he is going to revamp my diet and he is fully aware that I am getting into lifting and would like to gain mass and be healthier than I am now.

and yes, I am sad to say, I have the skinny fat syndrome, Lookin like an hourglass and I would like to change that eventually.

You are going to get bombarded with requests that your read the stickies in this section, so you might want to do that first. To summarize what you'll learn anecdotally: I eat a bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries just about every day. Its like baby jeebus put cheeseburgers on this earth just for bodybuilding.

bambam0323
07-04-2011, 07:39 PM
You are going to get bombarded with requests that your read the stickies in this section, so you might want to do that first. To summarize what you'll learn anecdotally: I eat a bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries just about every day. Its like baby jeebus put cheeseburgers on this earth just for bodybuilding.

yeaaa... I just saw them at the top, Ive been going through them since I posted. My bad!

and yea, good lawd I just cant get enough of em.

phozosado
07-04-2011, 07:50 PM
yeaaa... I just saw them at the top, Ive been going through them since I posted. My bad!

Happy reading. Just don't mistake IIFYM for "FUKITILLEATWHATEVER". Moderation is going to keep coming up and it's very important. Bottom line is fat isn't bad for you and neither are cheeseburgers.

bambam0323
07-04-2011, 07:58 PM
thats what im trying to figure out. I dont even know what my maintenance calories are a day. Thanks bruddah!

desslok
07-04-2011, 08:31 PM
I just ate 3 cheeseburgers, fargin delicious...

bambam0323
07-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Bump?

WonderPug
07-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Bump?

The stickies are still there...

snuffs
07-05-2011, 01:23 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471

Read this please.

PWOGasMan
07-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Good thing the second poster quoted the OP, I would have no idea who he was answering.

MikeK46
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I am currently trying to bulk and was just wondering how beneficial/detrimental they are or can be to my diet.

Total macro & micro composition of diet = relevant.

Individual food selections = IRRELEVANT.

WonderPug
07-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Happy reading. Just don't mistake IIFYM for "FUKITILLEATWHATEVER". Moderation is going to keep coming up and it's very important. Bottom line is fat isn't bad for you and neither are cheeseburgers.

thats what im trying to figure out. I dont even know what my maintenance calories are a day. Thanks bruddah!

Bump?

Read this please.

Good thing the second poster quoted the OP, I would have no idea who he was answering.

I agree, PWOGasMan.

psychodiver9
07-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Pug please don't quote long lines of text just to add a single line of reply

WonderPug
07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Sans context, I'm not sure what you're talking about. ;)

psychodiver9
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Just messing with you

Cumulonimbus
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM

Bump?

Read this please.

I agree, PWOGasMan.

[b]Pug please don't quote long lines of text just to add a single line of reply[b/]

Why is that?

Shrederator
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Bump?

Read this please.

I agree, PWOGasMan.

Sans context, I'm not sure what you're talking about. ;)

Just messing with you

Why is that?

It does not amuse WP when people do... basically this.