PDA

View Full Version : Question about loose skin! advice needed!

qsd
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I have been working out for 2 years plus, I have a solid workout + diet, but this fat under my belly button is the worst, yes I might have a little fat but this wont go away, many people say its loose skin and ill need a tummy tuck.. any advice?

here are some pictures, any advice would be helpful

nef087
07-02-2011, 07:23 PM
doesn't look bad mine is way worse comin of 60 lbs... hiit that shiz lol and lift hard :D

qsd
07-02-2011, 07:27 PM
ive been lifting for 2 years running etc... that little part keeps staying

DRtrainer
07-02-2011, 08:01 PM
i have the same thing, it's been known that if your skin got thickness then you still got some fat.

mpipes
07-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I have been working out for 2 years plus, I have a solid workout + diet, but this fat under my belly button is the worst, yes I might have a little fat but this wont go away, many people say its loose skin and ill need a tummy tuck.. any advice?

here are some pictures, any advice would be helpful

It's fat. Keep getting leaner and leaner. It will be the absolute last part to go away but it will go when you get totally shredded.

Panzee
07-02-2011, 09:04 PM
i have the exact same thing, do you also got that same type of skin on the love handles area also? like I do, even more in the love handles area.

however I agree with the above guys who said if you go leaner and leaner it will disappear at the end , will be last to go, but imo don't do that, well, it actually depends, I know you been active for 2 yrs, thats lifting and cardio? ok, my question, what type of lifting, and what type of cardio? how is your lifting routine, and what kind of weights, also if you post a whole picture of you, would be a good idea, a front, and a side, pic.

Because if your like me, i would suggest to you what everybody suggested to me few months ago, and I will save you probably a week of researching, which I done.... I havent succeeded as of now yet, but i'm on the way, it will be a matter of another year to go :) and ill keep on it, one more year is nothing. even if the year passed, I will keep on exercising obviously for life anyways.

johnaay
07-03-2011, 12:08 AM
Doesn't seem to be too much of it.. Looks normal actually.

But if you're that worried, maybe a slight bulk and cut will suffice.
I've seen some pics sometime or other of people who had loose skin from losing weight and bulking up filled it out somewhat. To even the extent of getting rid of the extra skin.

But if it's just fat, disregard post lol.

LengthyLifter
07-03-2011, 03:58 AM
Whatever it is, those pictures don't give me the impression of someone in need of surgery. But they're so close-up it's possible they're misleading.

qsd
07-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Heres a Front and Side picture view. To the person above, what did you do that changed? My cardio is usually 1 mile jog pre workout, or after workout, my workout goes from full body ( explosions / core) to single body workouts, to push-pull workouts, change it every 6 weeks, workout my core a lot, core bridges every time after my workouts, or turkish getups.

TelusLob
07-03-2011, 07:33 AM
That's not loose skin brah!! Just fat..

Almost insulting to see someone think that they have loose skin when it's not even remotely close to loose skin.

lovingit
07-03-2011, 07:53 AM
notsureifsrs

And also agree with this vvv

Almost insulting to see someone think that they have loose skin when it's not even remotely close to loose skin.

Delgadido
07-03-2011, 07:53 AM

this.
rofl

Jake11
07-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Agreed, just fat. Maybe try switching up your routine - add more cardio perhaps. I have a similar bit of fat there too and (as said above) it's the absolute last to go.

GENET1CS
07-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I have loose skin and will probably need to have plastic surgery to correct it no matter what I do I can not get rid of it this is after coming off a 120 lb. Weight loss in 6 months time.

alex2363
07-03-2011, 02:45 PM
its fat, i have the same, im at 14 % so if i go down to 8 or 7 % it will go away.http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/alex2363/attachment-8.jpghttp://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/alex2363/attachment-9.jpghttp://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/alex2363/attachment-10.jpg

qsd
07-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Im at 9%, ive showed many people they said its loose skin, is there anyway If i have been doing core / abs for 2 years and its still there, other then surgery

Delgadido
07-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Im at 9%, ive showed many people they said its loose skin, is there anyway If i have been doing core / abs for 2 years and its still there, other then surgery

9% what?

not bodyfat thats for sure

Iwant6pack
07-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Problem is your body use to what you doing and you not going to lose no more weights till you try something new. Do sprint at your local school track. Or try swimming it good for cutting up.

Samuels
07-04-2011, 12:36 PM

No way your even remotely close to 9% bf and in reality probably close to double that. I'd say your atleast 16-18% bf.

BigD208
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
No way your even remotely close to 9% bf and in reality probably close to double that. I'd say your atleast 16-18% bf.

WRONG. Op saying 9% is ridiculous. You saying 16-18% is just as ridiculous.

OP is most likely around 13/14%. There is no way he is above 15%.

OP if you want that fat gone keep cutting. I would start clean bulking if I were you though. You dont have enough mass to be aesthetic at single digits IMO.

qsd
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm going to start clean bulk, with same amount of cardio, try to gain muscle in my abs.

Delgadido
07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm going to start clean bulk, with same amount of cardio, try to gain muscle in my abs.

wow way to give up.

responding to this thread was a waste of time/processing speed

Modest_Force
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
I was once told that if you think you have loose skin, pinch it. If your belly skin isn't as thin as the skin on the back of your hand, then it's just fat. No worries, just keep doing what you're doing.

You actually don't look bad, man. It's in your head. Plus, everyone gets the rolls when they are sitting or hunching. I have them right now typing this post.

I hope this helps. Train hard.

qsd
07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
wow way to give up.

responding to this thread was a waste of time/processing speed

reading you're response was a waste of my life, because they were useless information, I wanted someone's opinion that knew what they were talking about. And its not giving up, I have no ab muscles, and doing a lean bulk will gain them and help them build, to push out. Because I went to a Trainer, and I had 12% BF, and he said the lower belly was half skin half fat.

cyco85
07-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Your trainer sounds wrong, that doesn't appear to be loose skin to any significant degree. Just fat. Lose another 10 lbs over the course of 8 weeks and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Or you could bulk and then cut but since this is bugging you so much, I think a bulk is wrong for you. Unless you're very careful, your bulk is gonna put on some fat...

drewsedg
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Absence of muscle, presence of fat. Lose 10 pounds and then gain 20.

Delgadido
07-06-2011, 03:46 PM
reading you're response was a waste of my life, because they were useless information, I wanted someone's opinion that knew what they were talking about. And its not giving up, I have no ab muscles, and doing a lean bulk will gain them and help them build, to push out. Because I went to a Trainer, and I had 12% BF, and he said the lower belly was half skin half fat.

cause becoming a personal trainer is hard?

Modest_Force
07-06-2011, 06:29 PM

Your trainer sounds wrong, that doesn't appear to be loose skin to any significant degree. Just fat. Lose another 10 lbs over the course of 8 weeks and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Or you could bulk and then cut but since this is bugging you so much, I think a bulk is wrong for you. Unless you're very careful, your bulk is gonna put on some fat...

I'll go with this ^^^ Be careful bulking, if that's what you're choosing to do. You have to be prepared to see some fat gains.

cause becoming a personal trainer is hard?

Man, this is the second thread that I've seen you flame someone for no reason.