PDA

View Full Version : Help Lose Some Stubbron Fat

DJBAS
07-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Hey guys, I really need some advice on getting rid of my stubborn fat. I'm 18 and I'm athletic and I'm able to lift good weights for my age and exposure to the gym. I've seen a huge change in my body and overall fitness from lifting so much but a problem still remains. Last summer I lost 40 pounds and all of that body fat seemed to have come from everyone but my butt. I've always had a more plump ass than most in general but when I got fat the butt followed suit and now that the rest of me is back into shape my ass is retaining it's fatty appearence. I really want to know if there is anything I can do to get rid of the fatty ass. I know you can't spot reduce and I'm really afraid to train my butt and leg since I know that'll just make the problem areas larger right? Are there are recommendations for someone like me as in what I can do. It's becoming a real problem espcially since clothes fit VERY weird and I look like I have a coke bottle figure. Any advice is much appreacted!

Bout2break69
07-01-2011, 05:09 AM
The areas that are stubborn just take patience. Eat at a deficit of 200-500 calories to lose the fat, its really the best way. Eventually it will start to come off and look better. also lifting for those areas wont necessarily make the problem worse. As you build muscle it will tighten up and youll burn more fat there by addig more muscle. Muscle takes up much less space than fat so if you can add muscle to the area it mayactually get smaller.

fade2green514
07-01-2011, 05:30 AM
The areas that are stubborn just take patience. Eat at a deficit of 200-500 calories to lose the fat, its really the best way. Eventually it will start to come off and look better. also lifting for those areas wont necessarily make the problem worse. As you build muscle it will tighten up and youll burn more fat there by addig more muscle. Muscle takes up much less space than fat so if you can add muscle to the area it mayactually get smaller.

This would be spot reduction and it is a myth. Working out the area may not prevent it from getting smaller if you got really low bf% but it will either build the muscle or keep the muscle the same size making it appear bigger like you thought.

To solver your problem eat 500 calories less than maintenance per day, if u don't kno exactly what to do then read the stickies

buffjam
07-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Ass fat is often down to excess estrogen. You could try taking an estrogen blocker or at least look at possible sources of excess estrogen. Often drinking water (tap and some bottled) can have high levels of the hormone present. Stay away from beer and eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables which help purge this estrogen from the body. Watercress is also a great estrogen stripper so try and have a portion a day.
Everyone is different and although every male requires a certain level of estrogen in his system, some guys just hold on to more than others.

DJBrickman
07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Ass fat is often down to excess estrogen. You could try taking an estrogen blocker or at least look at possible sources of excess estrogen. Often drinking water (tap and some bottled) can have high levels of the hormone present. Stay away from beer and eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables which help purge this estrogen from the body. Watercress is also a great estrogen stripper so try and have a portion a day.
Everyone is different and although every male requires a certain level of estrogen in his system, some guys just hold on to more than others.

Before you try to manipulate estrogen..........diet harder. Refigure macros and daily intake. Estrogen blocker such as SERMs and AIs as estrogen blockers can be harmful to people who do not use the properly and under the care of a physician.

I think this is very dangerous advice to be giving to on a forum such as this. Without proper blood tests no one can determine what a persons estrogen levels are at. Horrible advice. The simplest answer is most often the correct one. Yes there could be other issues, but which is more likely that the diet is off or that there is some rare occurance of excess estrogen in the OPs system?

OP keep dieting and working hard. It takes time. Put in the time and effort needed and it will come.

buffjam
07-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Haha, yeah you're right, an estrogen blocker is unnecessary. I guess I was just thinking of something herbal anyway, not an actual SERM. But the nutrition advice might help if it is a problem with estrogen. You don't need a blood test to work out why some guys get moobs and some don't.