PDA

View Full Version : having 1 day eating a surplus during a cut

iLiftNoodBrah
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
the last 4~ish weeks ive been dieting pretty strict (as in hitting my calories for the day, thats it really, lol) lost a good amount of water weight, maintained most my size, and look a little leaner, so far so good.

i have decided on friday im gonna have an all out cheat day and just eat everything in sight, most likely hit a surplus. im not sure what to call this, its like a one day break from cutting i guess u could say.

the reason im doing it is because my lifts have been reset the last 4 weeks, and now im back to setting PRs, and i operate better on a surplus, and just want to make sure i hit my lifts.

question is now: whats the worst that happens from a day of a surplus during a cut, if it still is a cut, lol.

also, will the increase in carbs make fill my muscles with more glycogen, kind of "filling" me up a little better, since lately my carbs have been rather low.

HunterCML
06-29-2011, 02:53 PM
1. It's called a binge and isn't healthy.
2. You will gain weight according to how many calories you consume over expenditure and subsequent water/glycogen weight.

With that said, eat some pizza for me.

tsrobfl
06-29-2011, 03:12 PM
for gym performance you should do a controlled re-feed where you eat at maintenance, up the carbs and lower the proteins and fat. Don't just do a binge day

iLiftNoodBrah
06-29-2011, 03:16 PM
1. It's called a binge and isn't healthy.
2. You will gain weight according to how many calories you consume over expenditure and subsequent water/glycogen weight.

With that said, eat some pizza for me.

can do sir

for gym performance you should do a controlled re-feed where you eat at maintenance, up the carbs and lower the proteins and fat. Don't just do a binge day

well the more i actually think about, i think i could hit close to maintenance. my maintenance is around 2000 calories, what if i were to eat all 2000 calories prior to lifting (not all at the same time, spread through meals), and just fast the rest of the day (which wouldnt be very long anyways, only 4-5 hours tops). im almost positive i can operate well off of 2000 calories prior to working out, i also usually do sprints post workout, so it might even be possible to hit a deficit.

WonderPug
06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
You're 14.

Enjoy your youth.

waqas11
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM
can do sir

well the more i actually think about, i think i could hit close to maintenance. my maintenance is around 2000 calories, what if i were to eat all 2000 calories prior to lifting (not all at the same time, spread through meals), and just fast the rest of the day (which wouldnt be very long anyways, only 4-5 hours tops). im almost positive i can operate well off of 2000 calories prior to working out, i also usually do sprints post workout, so it might even be possible to hit a deficit.

are you sure your maint is around 2k?

DDon1996
06-29-2011, 03:40 PM
It won't hurt you (much), but it won't help you.

iLiftNoodBrah
06-29-2011, 03:43 PM
are you sure your maint is around 2k?

does that sound too low or too high?

It won't hurt you (much), but it won't help you.

fancy seeing u here

wasnt expecting it to help me, lulz. but yeah just didnt want it to erase my progress, gonna see what i can do as far as cardio post workout possibly.

frejisaur
06-29-2011, 03:45 PM
maintenance yes, surplus no-in response to initial question

iLiftNoodBrah
06-29-2011, 03:46 PM
maintenance yes, surplus no-in response to initial question

gonna try my best to see if i can hit around maintenance, will have to see, i appreciate everyones responses, i think im good to go now,

frejisaur
06-29-2011, 03:52 PM
gonna try my best to see if i can hit around maintenance, will have to see, i appreciate everyones responses, i think im good to go now,

as previous posters have mentioned, remember you are still young and while your motivation is pretty remarkable its also essential to take some time off. Try finding your maintenance on your next day off, and if in the proceeding days u bloat/ hold some excess water weight, eat less next time around... pretty simple

greekmanman
06-29-2011, 04:06 PM
You are 14 years old. Eat as much as you want and then go pound those weights! :P

J.Thomas
06-29-2011, 04:25 PM
I do it.. Its called carb cycling. But i eat 60 or less carbs through the week at about 1200-1300 cals. Then eat 6000 cals (1200g or so of carbs) 1 day, then taper off the next 2. Rinse and repeat