PDA

View Full Version : Tim Ferriss (Real Life Troll?)

TylerMitchell22
06-29-2011, 04:16 AM
I realize I'm lightyears late on this, but I mistakenly came across his "4 hour body" podcast this morning and am dumb founded people believe this guy. It's even better when people site him as a source.

Claims:

20-30lbs of muscle (lean body mass) in 28 days

Grapefruit juice before cheat days to blunt insulin response

Using personal results as scientific fact

Carbs are bad

Consume high GI foods earlier in the day so your body doesn't become catabolic.

You only need six 20 minute naps a day

Add your own.....

snorkelman
06-29-2011, 04:19 AM
... It's even better when people site him as a source.

Agreed.

Ajaro
06-29-2011, 04:32 AM
gotta give the guy some credit, he knows how to market and sell, even if it is utter junk.

TylerMitchell22
06-29-2011, 04:38 AM
gotta give the guy some credit he knows how to market and sell, even if it is utter junk.

I agree with you. This guy is a marketing GOD.

mike201011
06-29-2011, 04:40 AM
gotta give the guy some credit he knows how to market and sell, even if it is utter junk.

Pardon the pun?

Melonious
06-29-2011, 05:11 AM
dang this guy is the best bro scientist

TylerMitchell22
06-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Aparently Bro-Scientists are allowed in Ivy League schools. I thought they had higher standards.

cbratholt
02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
heres what most dont understand, yes negative lifting will add weight to you, your down motion tears larger rips in your muscles than the positive motion, but your diet has to support it. If your diet is wrong, don't bother doing negative resistance, it requires a lot of rest time and a very high calorie and protein diet. I played college football and our entire regime was almost all negatives so i do know it works, but we had a diet to go with it. If you are planning on trying this make sure you have a diet pre-planned to go along with it, otherwise don't waste your time.

snorkelman
02-20-2012, 12:03 PM
heres what most dont understand, yes negative lifting will add weight to you, your down motion tears larger rips in your muscles than the positive motion, but your diet has to support it. If your diet is wrong, don't bother doing negative resistance, it requires a lot of rest time and a very high calorie and protein diet. I played college football and our entire regime was almost all negatives so i do know it works, but we had a diet to go with it. If you are planning on trying this make sure you have a diet pre-planned to go along with it, otherwise don't waste your time.

Bet your strength and conditioning coach didn't have y'all doing body weight squats in cold showers, as some of Ferriss' followers are actually advocating.

vitornoob
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Googled Tim Ferris...found his website, saw that he says he is inspired by Paulo Coelho.....closed it loling fuarking hard!
Enough to know that this guy is troll!

cbratholt
02-20-2012, 01:00 PM
Googled Tim Ferris...found his website, saw that he says he is inspired by Paulo Coelho.....closed it loling fuarking hard!
Enough to know that this guy is troll!

i agree he is a tool, he stole his info from a 1975 university of Colorado report on negative lifting, then added crap that doesnt make sense and called it his own.

I just agree with him that there are benefits of negative lifting, but many better authors on how to do it than him, most you can find on this site.
My biggest point is the weight gain is dependent on the diet, can someone gain 20lbs of muscle in a month negative lifting, yes, can everyone, no, but you can gain plenty with a good diet

WonderPug
02-20-2012, 01:02 PM
can someone gain 20lbs of muscle in a month negative liftingNobody can come close to that type of gain unless he is using an absurd amount of contraband.

Lvisaa2
02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
i agree he is a tool, he stole his info from a 1975 university of Colorado report on negative lifting, then added crap that doesnt make sense and called it his own.

I just agree with him that there are benefits of negative lifting, but many better authors on how to do it than him, most you can find on this site.
My biggest point is the weight gain is dependent on the diet, can someone gain 20lbs of muscle in a month negative lifting, yes, can everyone, no, but you can gain plenty with a good diet

No, someone can not gain 20 pounds of muscle in one month. Even for beginners with proper diet and nutrition it is estimated at 2 lbs/month of muscle gain.

cbratholt
02-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Nobody can come close to that type of gain unless he is using an absurd amount of contraband.

i am going to train negative for a month just to find out, lol, been a while since i did it and at the very least a good change of pace. if it works for me then maybe not all bs, but a 150lb person who never lifted before eats alot better and trains has a chance to gain 20, if i gain 5 i will be happy

WonderPug
02-20-2012, 01:08 PM
a 150lb person who never lifted before eats alot better and trains has a chance to gain 20 [pounds of muscle in one month]Utterly nonsense.

cbratholt
02-20-2012, 01:12 PM
google search the colorado experiment, wasnt recent but did happen, so it is possible

snorkelman
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/supplement-marketing-on-steroids-by-alan-aragon.html

^^ Please pay attention to the discussion about the Mr. Olympia Winners

SOJA
02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
google search the colorado experiment, wasnt recent but did happen, so it is possible

Nope.

Let me enlighten you.

http://blog.legendarylife.com/the-colorado-experiment

oblems with the study

There are numerous problems with this study that dramatically affected the results, one is both the number and quality of the subjects. One was a former Mr. America (pro bodybuilder Casey Viator whose before/after is shown in this blogs photograph) who had a string of bad lucks and lost a lot of weight due to an accident. The other subject, Arthur Jones had extensive training experience under his belt as well. These where not an average representations. Put another way, both subjects where relatively underweight and their bodies where aching for some activity after a period of inactivity. The study also didnít last long enough, 22 and 28 days is too short a period of time, I have also read elsewhere that these subjects where pretty much given unlimited nutritional resources as well (protein, food etc. ), anabolic drugs where well known by both subjects and compensation was based on the amount gained. Having a few weeks to prepare, they most likely dieted themselves down from their previous state of inactivity to make the gains that much more incredible. Yes, they are incredible.

Muscle memory. That is all. If they had started as n00b lifters, it would never happen. I'd also say that even if chemically enhanced, they wouldn't be able to put on that much muscle in such a short period of time.

WonderPug
02-20-2012, 01:16 PM
google search the colorado experiment, wasnt recent but did happen, so it is possibleDo you realize that the "experiment" was performed by Jones on himself and one other participant and the outrageous claims made were never duplicated by anyone else. And I'm not even touching the contraband issue or the de-conditioned/reconditioned issue.

One man, with a vested interest, making outrageous claims that no one else could confirm, is hardly probative.

cbratholt
02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
good article, muscle memory does help, still going to do negatives for awhile just to change up my routine for a bit, will i gain 60lbs of muscle, no, can it hurt to try it, nope, will let everyone know if i have any luck, btw i wont be on steroids so if i have gains its from diet and NO only supplement i take

BBqChicken1
02-20-2012, 02:13 PM

So.. they did gain 20lbs of muscle.

can someone gain 20lbs of muscle in a month negative lifting, yes, can everyone, no

cbratholt is right, trololol.

He said someone can gain 20lbs of muscle in a month, and these people did, he said not everyone can, which is also true.

lol

SOJA
02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
good article, muscle memory does help, still going to do negatives for awhile just to change up my routine for a bit, will i gain 60lbs of muscle, no, can it hurt to try it, nope, will let everyone know if i have any luck, btw i wont be on steroids so if i have gains its from diet and NO only supplement i take

They got those gains through the use of performance enhancing drugs in addition to muscle memory, not to mention copious amounts of food. Good luck with your wheel spinning goals in 2012.

cbratholt
02-21-2012, 08:58 AM
They got those gains through the use of performance enhancing drugs in addition to muscle memory, not to mention copious amounts of food. Good luck with your wheel spinning goals in 2012.

fair enough, did it one day and sorest i have been in years, so it definitely works your muscles different, btw i know negative lifting has positive effects besides just weight gain so it wont be just for wheel spinning, once again though everyone is taking this as i think tim frerriss knows what hes doing, i read a bit of his crap and he is full of hot air, however negative lifting works so enjoy being 150 lbs the rest of your life.

jon1995
02-21-2012, 09:01 AM
http://media.prleap.com/image/333/full/tim_ferriss.jpg

ajm422
02-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Ok, most of his book is shyte, but let me offer a few valuable things I learned from him:

-yerba mate is a badass beverage
-tracking data and self-experimentation is awesome
-his slo-carb diet (no calorie counting, lots of meats, veggies, beans, no dairy) doesn't necessarily make total sense for people who are comfortable counting calories and tracking macros, but I put my Dad on something very like it and he lost like 15 lbs. It's not the optimal diet, but when you factor in adherence, it can help people lose weight.
-applying an ice pack to the neck prior to bed and taking cool showers has improved my sleep (there's an actual reason for this)

Focusing in on his flawed diet, outrageous mass gain claims, and bizarre supplement ideas (PAGG = crap) is easy to do, but he presents some useful ideas. Finding the minimal dosage (exercise, supplementation, food, time) to get the maximum results (muscle gain/fat loss, fat loss/energy, fat loss/tastiness, productivity) is a good attitude to have, and in general he preaches bucking conventional wisdom, hacking the body, and self-experimentation, all of which are good things.

t12jm
02-21-2012, 09:43 AM

Read this thinking it was a quote from the.guy OP is talking about, lol'd and thought "good find".....

....but then....

majorchamp
02-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I do find much of his stuff hilarious, however couple things I "am" doing to see if there is any merit.

I am trying his triple testosterone piece. So I ordered the Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Butter pills or whatever, I am taking the vitamin d-3 and brazil nuts for selenium.

I am doing the Yerba Mate tea, and the cold water on the shoulders to further fat burn.

Had a buddy of mine actually do the triple testosterone theory...definitely said it worked for him. I trust a lot what he tells me, so figured I would give it a shot. Only downside is I have not gotten a testosterone test pre, so no clue what my blood levels are at lol. Just seeing if I will feel different when it comes to strength, energy, libido, etc... in a couple weeks.

he said he tried it for 30 days, and had to quit because it was driving him nuts (the libido part).

cbratholt
02-21-2012, 11:34 AM
I do find much of his stuff hilarious, however couple things I "am" doing to see if there is any merit.

I am trying his triple testosterone piece. So I ordered the Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Butter pills or whatever, I am taking the vitamin d-3 and brazil nuts for selenium.

I am doing the Yerba Mate tea, and the cold water on the shoulders to further fat burn.

Had a buddy of mine actually do the triple testosterone theory...definitely said it worked for him. I trust a lot what he tells me, so figured I would give it a shot. Only downside is I have not gotten a testosterone test pre, so no clue what my blood levels are at lol. Just seeing if I will feel different when it comes to strength, energy, libido, etc... in a couple weeks.

he said he tried it for 30 days, and had to quit because it was driving him nuts (the libido part).

have you tried a Zinc and omega 3 supplement ? they are available everywhere this just sounds like the same things just more expensive, its a good way to sell product i guess

majorchamp
02-21-2012, 11:39 AM
have you tried a Zinc and omega 3 supplement ? they are available everywhere this just sounds like the same things just more expensive, its a good way to sell product i guess

Yes, I take about 50mg zinc every other day, but I do take NOW Ultra Omega-3's everyday. Just ran out actually.

WonderPug
02-21-2012, 11:40 AM
^ As long as you know that you're attempt at meaningfully increasing T via those supplements is an utter waste, that go for it. At least you'll lose some wallet weight.

cbratholt
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM

day 3, 2 workouts in and up 2.5 lbs, gained a pound day 2 and a pound and a half day 3, will this continue, i am not sure, but in fairness i did weigh 240 in my early 20s, so i do have a bit of muscle memory i am sure and i have only been light training for the past 1yr.(at least what i consider light). I am sure some cheerio pee'er is going to come by and say bs, but if i can get back to 240 in 5 months i will be happy. I did up my protein intake by almost double so i am sure that is helping quite a bit as well. So so far so good, negative lifting is producing positive results 3 days and 2 workouts in, but i wont lie, soreness is a mfer, not the day of but the next day. Actually it feels easy right after you are done.

WonderPug
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
^ By the way, I noticed a few pigs flying too and, thus, pigs now fly.

cbratholt
02-22-2012, 03:06 PM
^ By the way, I noticed a few pigs flying too and, thus, pigs now fly.
Arnold is in the building.

theres the optimist ;), well as i said before i am sure my protein intake is helping as well, but it is a hell of a work out, but since you know everything already, you already knew that.

t12jm
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
^ As long as you know that you're attempt at meaningfully increasing T via those supplements is an utter waste, that go for it. At least you'll lose some wallet weight.

NO NO NO.

knowing it's a waste ruins the placebo.

WonderPug
02-22-2012, 03:15 PM
^ True.

visualfreak
02-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Actually, no. There are studies suggesting that even people who know they're taking a placebo still get better using it.

See: www .plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0015591

t12jm
02-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Actually, no. There are studies suggesting that even people who know they're taking a placebo still get better using it.

See: www .plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0015591

That's a pretty interesting read. Sounds like the key was encouraging the ritual of pill taking and having a positive attitude. Although it does leave much to be desired, due to the subjective nature of pain (which - admittedly - is the most studied symptom with regard to placebos).

inb4 maltodextrin and a good attitude cures AIDS

cbratholt
02-25-2012, 10:10 AM
after a week of negative only training i can say 3 things that i have found
1. the rest factor is a huge benefit for weight gain and muscle development (i gained 3lbs) think its more from food and rest than anything, but i know the heavy weight played a part too.
2. you will see strength gains since you are priming your muscles and joints for more weight
3. would be impossible to do forever, but a nice shock to the system , it gives your body a change from the traditional training methods, once i am done with this traditional methods should shock my system better than ever.

cbratholt
02-25-2012, 10:21 AM
after a week of negative only training i can say 3 things that i have found
1. the rest factor is a huge benefit for weight gain and muscle development (i gained 3lbs) think its more from food and rest than anything, but i know the heavy weight played a part too.
2. you will see strength gains since you are priming your muscles and joints for more weight
3. would be impossible to do forever, but a nice shock to the system , it gives your body a change from the traditional training methods, once i am done with this traditional methods should shock my system better than ever.

one more point, think i could write a crap book and make up stuff too, think 2/3rds lifting would show the same effects. example would be if you just did bench to 3inches above your chest, you never hit your drop point and could do much more weight, may test my hypothesis out, but sticking this out for the month.

cbratholt
03-05-2012, 11:11 AM
well, still going strong on the negatives, gained 3lbs the first week, 1lb the second and 1lb the third, so its my conclusion that you will gain weight the first week pretty good if you arent currently doing negatives, the rest is key here, think i may have been overtraining a bit, after that 1lb a week isnt bad, not 1lb a day like ferriss said he achieved but i will take it. If you are a stronger guy i suggest wrist wraps and elbow braces, had to buy some it kills your joints raw.

Lvisaa2
03-05-2012, 11:13 AM
well, still going strong on the negatives, gained 3lbs the first week, 1lb the second and 1lb the third, so its my conclusion that you will gain weight the first week pretty good if you arent currently doing negatives, the rest is key here, think i may have been overtraining a bit, after that 1lb a week isnt bad, not 1lb a day like ferriss said he achieved but i will take it. If you are a stronger guy i suggest wrist wraps and elbow braces, had to buy some it kills your joints raw.

You realize that weight gain is more indicative of caloric consumption and not training protocol, right? Your training will simply help in determining how the nutrients are partitioned.

ironwill2008
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
....i suggest wrist wraps and elbow braces, had to buy some it kills your joints raw.

Sounds like the perfect training strategy.

:rolleyes:

LOL @ this BS 'training' method. It's an injury looking for a victim.

shooter1101
03-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I honestly dont know if I have ever felt dumber after reading something on the internet, and that is saying a lot. OP, you seriously believe you gained 2.5lbs of MUSCLE in 3 days from doing negatives?

Tellmethisisajokebeforeiburnthismotherdown.jpeg

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 11:55 AM
I can honestly say, of all the criticism against 4HB... I have never heard anyone say 'I followed his advice and it didn't work'. Never.

I did the weight loss protocol and went from 240 lbs - 207 in three months. I've stayed around 15% body fat in the 9 months since. I didn't attempt the final stage to drop under 10%.

I used his dietary recommendations for increasing testosterone and can say i feel more aggressive. Call it placebo if you like. He says he measured his results, I haven't mine. I don't think it's so far-fetched that you can acutely impact hormone levels through diet.

His tips on getting better sleep have definitely worked. Simple environmental adjustments I just never thought about. Quite possibly common sense to some.

I haven't attempted the weight-gain. I feel I'm naturally a pretty big guy, I train for definition and slight gains. But, some here have suggested that weights of any approach won't work without diet, and Ferriss is adamant of the same. A major point he stresses is that the 'maximum' amount of usable protein is way undershot by most people.

If you're not going to read the book and follow his plan, you're not in a position to cast shadows. His point is that popular biochemistry and nutritional guidelines are not complete, that the status quo is wrong.

So if you're evidence is that he contradicts the status quo and conventional wisdom, then you're just proving yourself someone who isn't willing to try a different approach.

If you try it, adhere to it, and still say it doesn't work... only then are you credible.

snorkelman
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM
I don't think it's so far-fetched that you can acutely impact hormone levels through diet.

my man rhizome addressed this concisely.

No food is going to produce a clinically relevant testosterone boost assuming dietary fat intake is adequate ;)

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Again... you're relying on the very status quo he is refuting to refute him... like using a word to define itself.

And, again... a critic who has not attempted to apply his material.

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Again... Only those who haven't tried it are criticizing it. Find one report where someone followed the book exactly and complains about their results.

JPFaultless
11-12-2012, 12:21 PM
20lbs of muscle in a month lol it's not possible even with the correct 'supplements' ;)

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Try it. What have you got to lose? Even if it doesn't work, you'll gain actual credibility. Rather than being a stubborn skeptic.

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Mind you all... I'm not saying Ferriss' weight gain protocol works. I'm saying I'm satisfied with the results for every time I've followed his advice.

And if you haven't tried it, you're ultimately ignorant. No matter how well-versed or knowledgable you are in conventional info on the matter, you are ignorant as to whether his approach actually defies logic as he claims.

snorkelman
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Try it. What have you got to lose? Even if it doesn't work, you'll gain actual credibility. Rather than being a stubborn skeptic.

What you need to realize is that there are plenty of reasons to not try something. Just because someone doesn't actually buy that book and follow it, does not mean that they are wrong. However, what you seem to fail to appreciate is that there are many ways to lose fat. Just because you lost fat following a certain path does not mean that all of the explanations in that path are correct.

tden99
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM

You lose time when you could actually be making progress, and affect lifestyle that could be more enjoyable.

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
You know, I will say that I enjoy working out. Personally I find that that makes his approach unappealing to me.

Again, people who haven't even attempted it have some pretty strong ideas on whether it works or not.

Who's the trolls?

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 01:23 PM
If you're skeptical because his information doesn't correlate with your knowledge and beliefs, then say that.

If you're going to use definitive language like 'fraud', 'liar', or 'con-man' then I'm sorry... You need to put in the work to prove it.

Because every postulation of his that I've followed through with has been spot on.

JPFaultless
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Omg get real you cant put 20lb of pure muscle on in a month, there is no compound in existence that could get these results especially not a crackpot diet and training regime.

WheresMyTuna
11-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I agree with you. This guy is a marketing GOD.

Yes. Yes he is.

FYI he made his money selling BrainQuicken/BodyQuick (which BB.com sells btw)

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Omg get real you cant put 20lb of pure muscle on in a month, there is no compound in existence that could get these results especially not a crackpot diet and training regime.

OMG..like, do you see how many people have given the book 5&4 star reviews? Those are people who actually followed the instructions and got the desired results.

In contrast, the relatively few negative reviews are consistently people who refuse to try it because it conflicts with standard accepted 'fact' (his entire point, by the way) or people who clearly, by their own accounts, did not follow the instructions properly.

Which one are you? Somebody who has refused to attempt it because it conflicts with status quo (his entire point, bu the way).

If you haven't read the book or tried the program, you are ignorant by definition. Say you don't believe it, that's fair. Don't say it isn't possible. You're out of line. 100%

tden99
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
OMG..like, do you see how many people have given the book 5&4 star reviews? Those are people who actually followed the instructions and got the desired results.

In contrast, the relatively few negative reviews are consistently people who refuse to try it because it conflicts with standard accepted 'fact' (his entire point, by the way) or people who clearly, by their own accounts, did not follow the instructions properly.

Which one are you? Somebody who has refused to attempt it because it conflicts with status quo (his entire point, bu the way).

If you haven't read the book or tried the program, you are ignorant by definition. Say you don't believe it, that's fair. Don't say it isn't possible. You're out of line. 100%

You sir are a moron.
It is nearly impossible to put on more than .5lbs/week of muscle even with proper "supplementation".
I will refer you to Lyle Mcdonalds in depth discussions on the subject but these things have been discussed ad nauseam.

AdamWW
11-12-2012, 04:36 PM
i am going to train negative for a month just to find out, lol, been a while since i did it and at the very least a good change of pace. if it works for me then maybe not all bs, but a 150lb person who never lifted before eats alot better and trains has a chance to gain 20, if i gain 5 i will be happy

I see frowns in your future

AdamWW
11-12-2012, 04:38 PM

You may be interested in:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lying?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exaggeration?fromAsk=true&o=100074

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dishonesty?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fabrication?s=t

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stupid?s=t

Kashkillz
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Haha... 1500 reviewers of the book are liars. Alright. I'm lying too, about my experience, right? I just don't know it?

How about this... claiming to be an authority on a matter that you refuse to investigate is... wait for it... IGNORANT.

I can't wait for so many more of you to tell me all about this book that you refuse to read, and its programs that you refuse to follow.

The one that I read and followed to achieve the exact results it said I would...

hilarious...

JPFaultless
11-13-2012, 06:53 AM
Yawn, avoid this foolish nonsense

Kashkillz
11-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Yep...

Avoid actual testimonial accounts in favor of stubborn, ignorant skeptics.

Which sounds more foolish?

Funniest thing is people don't even recognize their own motivation. So I'll spell it out for you...

When someone comes along with a new way of doing things, making conventional methods obsolete, people feel threatened. Since you've been doing things one way - a much more difficult and tedious method - you feel this new information is an attack on you personally.

It's not. Lighten up. This information is here for you to use, too.

Ghosting
11-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Yep...

Avoid actual testimonial accounts in favor of stubborn, ignorant skeptics.

Funniest thing is people don't even recognize their own motivation. So I'll spell it out for you...

When someone comes along with a new way of doing things, making conventional methods obsolete, people feel threatened. Since you've been doing things one way - a much more difficult and tedious method - you feel this new information is an attack on you personally.

It's not. Lighten up. This information is here for you to use, too.

This is Tim or a shill. I refuse to believe anyone else could be this ignorant.

ColLoki
11-14-2012, 09:45 AM
I read the Tim Ferris book after a mate of mine gave it to me. I was skeptical but he had been following it and gotten into good shape. I said to myself my current diet/routine isn't working, sure I will give it a go. Now some of the things I followed to the letter, some of the things I thought WTF I am not doing that.
Here is what I found.

1) The Slow Carb Diet is ace. It worked extremely well for me. Why it worked so well is because it makes you really take notice of the amount of Carbs I was actually eating and got me to replace them in my Diet with lower Kcal foods (beans/Lean meats/Veg). The initial weight loss is mainly water weight but after that it was fat.
This Diet works for people who don't know about nutrition/kcal counting etc. Its easy to follow, strict rules and it involves a "cheat" day for people who would otherwise quit the diet because of craving bad food (fall off the wagon).
A lot of the reasons he gives for not eating certain food and being really strict on no carbs or it will ruin your Diet is utter nonsense.....but it makes the reader stick to it.
It also made me more interested in Diet & Nutrition, I did my own research and went a different way (read a lot on bb.com). Kcal in < Kcal used = Weight loss....simple.

2)The ohh you will gain so much muscle in 30 days if you do the following....again pretty much crap IMO, BUT it makes people think sure why not try it for 30days.... they try it and get used to exercise....then start doing more. Again I think the book is meant to energise people who have tried other methods/fitness books and almost trick them into doing something. The thing is if they follow the exercise recommendations they will feel better and see some results(a hell of a lot less than what he thinks).

3) His crazy experiments are interesting.....maybe they work, maybe they are crap.....its a bit of fun to give it a try but I wouldnt be putting much faith in it.

4) I did buy a Kettlebell for the kettlebell swing & did the abs exercises he recommends and honestly I am keeping it up....find both of them fantastic.

I stuck with the Tim Ferris book for a month before increasing my Gym time and changing my Diet a bit (keeping the basics), I continued to do the KettleBell & Abs workouts on my non Gym days. To be honest I am really happy with my results. Am not saying ohh thank you Tim you transformed my body with your knowledge but his book was the spark that ignited my fitness again.....after that I took over, I had the flame for nutrition/fitness/weights and was reading constantly....I took over and never looked back.

I am delighted I read his book, even more delighted I started reading bb.com.... (I changed my routine 4 months ago btw, here is a thread about it....used to look terrible forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149602673&p=978268433#post978268433 )

ironwill2008
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM

Someone claiming 'results,' but having no visual proof of said results.