06-24-2011, 09:52 PM
so jimmer arrived at the airport today and look at the crowd to greet him

http://www.nba.com/media/kings/DSC_0049.JPG

RekeDMC
06-24-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/kings/DSC_0040.JPG

jimmyb6281
06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
lol hes not even going to be that great....well atleast for his first 3 or 4 years.

RollinSwollin28
06-24-2011, 09:54 PM
liking the teach me how to jimmer sign

Mac_xX
06-24-2011, 09:58 PM
dudes gonna get so much pussy there.

Oh wait.

batman15
06-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Who?

Brobbeh
06-24-2011, 10:02 PM
http://static.images.memegenerator.net/Instances400/8/8219/8416773.jpg

3MGS6
06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
lol finally banned

XZV
06-24-2011, 10:48 PM
lol finally banned

What did he get banned for?

feardafronfz3
06-24-2011, 10:49 PM
What did he get banned for?

made a thread calling out the mods

3MGS6
06-24-2011, 10:50 PM
He called out mods in the main misc thread locked. Hope it's perma.

XZV
06-24-2011, 10:50 PM

Is he gone forever?

skizz
06-24-2011, 10:53 PM
lol finally banned

Reke should take SolitaryMan with him too

GingerBrah
06-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Banned?!? Happy days are here.

Masstastic
06-24-2011, 11:01 PM
Thats ****ing pathetic.

It goes to show you how pathetic the NBA is in some of these small markets. I like the Kings because I follow the career of Donte Greene, but it really shows how a NBA team is viewed in these places. Its nothing but a ****ing novelty act.

Nobody there seems to care you have a future All Star duo in Tyreke & DeMarcus. They just cant appeal to that fanbase longing for a savior......

But the Jimmer is here to save the franchise and Tyreke/DeMarcus are just going to be his thug sidekicks.

Masstastic
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Just checked their website.

Mind = Blown

Do they actually believe Jimmer is their new Franchise player? I know ownership wanted him, but they are convinced hes that type of player.

I mean seriously, if I was Tyreke Evans I'd be demanding a trade out of there. They'd rather take the ball out of the hands of your best player so Jimmer can jack up 30 footers and make the fans jizz themselves and the kids do the Jimmer.

No hate to Jimmer, but I hope he realizes they're using him as a novelty act to sell tickets rather than trying to win.

m30wc0w
06-24-2011, 11:06 PM
YES
OMG YES BEST THREAD EVER
(only because this pricks finally banned)

InsanePain11
06-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Just checked their website.

Mind = Blown

Do they actually believe Jimmer is their new Franchise player? I know ownership wanted him, but they are convinced hes that type of player.

I mean seriously, if I was Tyreke Evans I'd be demanding a trade out of there. They'd rather take the ball out of the hands of your best player so Jimmer can jack up 30 footers and make the fans jizz themselves and the kids do the Jimmer.

No hate to Jimmer, but I hope he realizes they're using him as a novelty act to sell tickets rather than trying to win.

You're overreacting. I know plenty of Sacramento fans and they all are excited about Evans and Cousins (although I personally think they are both a bit overrated). They are both going to continue to get a ton of shots and opportunities. I'm pretty sure the educated fans are not expecting Jimmer to come in and tear it up- they are just fans, nothing wrong with them being excited about their new draft pick.

JTrain306
06-24-2011, 11:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zKW7X.gif

Masstastic
06-24-2011, 11:22 PM
You're overreacting. I know plenty of Sacramento fans and they all are excited about Evans and Cousins (although I personally think they are both a bit overrated). They are both going to continue to get a ton of shots and opportunities. I'm pretty sure the educated fans are not expecting Jimmer to come in and tear it up- they are just fans being fans- nothing wrong with them being excited about their new draft pick.

Im not overreacting. The day before the draft, they reported the coaching staff/management had won the battle over ownership when it came to drafting Jimmer. Nope, ownership always wins.

That is because the Maloofs were going to do it for ticket sale purposes, not for the betterment of the team. They made a senseless trade just to do it. Adding another wingplayer in Salmons who will play out of position at SF, instead of targeting an actual defender.

Masstastic
06-24-2011, 11:29 PM
Just to follow up on it:

You're ****ting yourself if you dont think they are doing this to make Jimmer their star player. Hes coming in as their starting PG. This is a direct sign to the team, management, & the fans that Jimmer Mania is real.

This is Pistol Pete Maravich in Atlanta all over again. Read up on it.

How are Tyreke & Jimmer supposed to co-exist on the court? You're adding a gunner at PG to a wreckless slashing SG. The gunner always wins because hes the one who has the ball in his hands and gets rid of it quicker.

They're not adding Jimmer so he can play off the ball and pray Tyreke spots him wide open for a 3. They could find guys in Round 2 who would do that. They're doing it so Jimmer can run the offense, play his "game", and Tyreke/Cousins has to fall in line with it. Pretty simple.

I dont hate Jimmer at all, I compare him to Ben Gordon as a player but you have to factor in a deceptive first step that people will get caught slipping on.

sups31
06-24-2011, 11:36 PM
lol seriously kings had the worst draft out of everybody. brb trading down to get jimmer and take on john salmons' awful contract

jvinci
06-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Im not overreacting. The day before the draft, they reported the coaching staff/management had won the battle over ownership when it came to drafting Jimmer. Nope, ownership always wins.

That is because the Maloofs were going to do it for ticket sale purposes, not for the betterment of the team. They made a senseless trade just to do it. Adding another wingplayer in Salmons who will play out of position at SF, instead of targeting an actual defender.

Dude, you can't believe all the media hype over that. Paul westfall and Geoff petrie loved this guy and thought kemba was overrated. I do think the trade was dumb, especially now seeing that brandon knight was available at 7. I still think jimmer was the second best guard in this draft.

And I remember people going crazy 2 years ago when the kings were predicted to take rubio and miraculously turned up with tyreke. People love him #1 best and cousins too but he's a little hard, so jimmer might be able to be #2 favorite in sac.

Point is today was the coming of jimmer, he's allowed to have his day. Tyreke is still the face of the franchise.

Masstastic
06-24-2011, 11:45 PM
lol seriously kings had the worst draft out of everybody. brb trading down to get jimmer and take on john salmons' awful contract

Yep.

PG- Jimmer
SG- Evans
SF- Salmons
PF- Thompson
C- Cousins

The Salmons trade blows my mind in a variety of ways.

-Sacramento traded their #7 pick to move down 3 spots and take back Milwaukee's most overpaid player.

How did Milwaukee's GM pull that off? Sacramento was doing them a favor by giving them Udrih, one of the most underrated PG's in the NBA.

jvinci
06-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Lol worst draft? You're retarded. Brb, drafting jimmer, honeycutt, and Isaiah Thomas. Without looking at the bizarre trade, everyone says our drafting was legit.

tyqb4
06-24-2011, 11:49 PM
jimmer/tyreke COULD be an awesome combo assuming both pick their spots and get the ball to cousins instead of each trying to be volume scorers (it's not unreasonable to think they could do this, and what you saw with jimmer at byu isn't going to be the same thing you get in the NBA. he won't have the same green light that he did in college and he's going to have to stop "saving energy" on defense). definitely a good "come buy tickets to watch this guy" pick, but in this draft that's not necessarily a bad thing if he can learn to fit in around the other guys. as the point guard it's going to be on him to adapt to what they do and make them the best that he can possibly make them...that's going to decide if he's a true point guard with scoring ability or just a 6th man chucker once jimmermania wears off. i really don't know what to think about him since that entire team is built on boom or bust players...but if they can all put it together they are going to be really ****ing good.

1stChanceToLose
06-24-2011, 11:58 PM
so jimmer arrived at the airport today and look at the crowd to greet him

http://www.nba.com/media/kings/DSC_0049.JPG

Black guy on the bottom: Dis gon be gud

jvinci
06-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Yep.

PG- Jimmer
SG- Evans
SF- Salmons
PF- Thompson
C- Cousins

The Salmons trade blows my mind in a variety of ways.

-Sacramento traded their #7 pick to move down 3 spots and take back Milwaukee's most overpaid player.

How did Milwaukee's GM pull that off? Sacramento was doing them a favor by giving them Udrih, one of the most underrated PG's in the NBA.

Beno was **** on defense. I'm talking peja against the heat bad. He can't stay in front of his man. Sac won't miss him for long.

Overpaid? Beno and salmons make the same money/year lol. Won't affect our cap at all.

GingerBrah
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Beno was **** on defense. I'm talking peja against the heat bad. He can't stay in front of his man. Sac won't miss him for long.

Overpaid? Beno and salmons make the same money/year lol. Won't affect our cap at all.

They got the guy they were targeting at 7, plus upgraded beno.
Minor cap hit but I don't get all the hate for the trade

Masstastic
06-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Dude, you can't believe all the media hype over that. Paul westfall and Geoff petrie loved this guy and thought kemba was overrated. I do think the trade was dumb, especially now seeing that brandon knight was available at 7. I still think jimmer was the second best guard in this draft.

And I remember people going crazy 2 years ago when the kings were predicted to take rubio and miraculously turned up with tyreke. People love him #1 best and cousins too but he's a little hard, so jimmer might be able to be #2 favorite in sac.

Point is today was the coming of jimmer, he's allowed to have his day. Tyreke is still the face of the franchise.

I dont know brah. Its just a conspiracy to sell tickets rather than build over their actual core.

Jimmer is just a bad fit to pair with Tyreke in the backcourt, he needs the ball just as much as he does. Jimmer's game revolves around creating his own shot, but primarily around his shooting from the perimeter. Tyreke's game has always been a scorer who can get in the lane and maybe from there he can set up a big man for a basket. It just doesnt mix, simply because I dont see Jimmer being the same ticket draw he'll be if he has to turn himself into a spot shooter to accomodate Tyreke. You dont take a guy in the Lottery for that purpose.

You then have a guy like Thornton who stepped in and immediately put up big numbers in Sacramento moving into hopefully a 6th Man role. What does he do? Score.

How do you play him in a lineup? Do you slide Tyreke to the 3 and go with Jimmer at PG, Thornton at SG, & Evans at SF for a stretch? Do you bring Thornton in at SG and let Evans play PG again for a stretch? So many options, so many guys needing touches.

The NBA has proven time & time again that you cant win with a scoring PG and a scoring SG. Who sets up the offense? Who manages the game? Every single time the franchise picks the PG over the SG.

Kings fans loved Tyreke compared to what they had. A guy like Jimmer sells tickets, and he does have a personality that you can market. That swap of #1 or #2 started today.(srs)

InsanePain11
06-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Btw regarding other Kings picks, Honeycutt has a lot of work to do if he is to make the team and get any significant playing time. He's a turnover machine with zero toughness. He had one very good game vs Kansas and then decided to coast the rest of the year in college. They drafted him purely on upside but he better put the work in if he's going to survive in the league.

Thomas was an exciting college guard, but he won't have an impact either. He dominates the ball at 5'8 and isn't a great shooter.

Masstastic
06-25-2011, 12:28 AM

Im not saying Beno is a top of the line PG, but for a backup PG who knows his role and can give you spot shooting + scoring in a highly efficient manner due to knowing how to pick his spots. That gets underrated in the NBA. The guy has 2 championships too.

jvinci
06-25-2011, 12:41 AM
I dont know brah. Its just a conspiracy to sell tickets rather than build over their actual core.

Jimmer is just a bad fit to pair with Tyreke in the backcourt, he needs the ball just as much as he does. Jimmer's game revolves around creating his own shot, but primarily around his shooting from the perimeter. Tyreke's game has always been a scorer who can get in the lane and maybe from there he can set up a big man for a basket. It just doesnt mix, simply because I dont see Jimmer being the same ticket draw he'll be if he has to turn himself into a spot shooter to accomodate Tyreke. You dont take a guy in the Lottery for that purpose.

You then have a guy like Thornton who stepped in and immediately put up big numbers in Sacramento moving into hopefully a 6th Man role. What does he do? Score.

How do you play him in a lineup? Do you slide Tyreke to the 3 and go with Jimmer at PG, Thornton at SG, & Evans at SF for a stretch? Do you bring Thornton in at SG and let Evans play PG again for a stretch? So many options, so many guys needing touches.

The NBA has proven time & time again that you cant win with a scoring PG and a scoring SG. Who sets up the offense? Who manages the game? Every single time the franchise picks the PG over the SG.

Kings fans loved Tyreke compared to what they had. A guy like Jimmer sells tickets, and he does have a personality that you can market. That swap of #1 or #2 started today.(srs)

Everything you said is true, and I don't see why any of that doesn't work. What did the kings need? Defense. They did that with getting rid of beno and bringing back salmons.

If you have a hard slashing guard who can get to the rim, what do you need to balance that out? A guard that can nail the perimeter shot to prevent the defense from clogging the lane.

As for rotations, there are all sorts of possibilities. Westfall has already tested out tyreke at the 3 with beno and thornton as the guards. Dont see why substituting in jimmer would cause any problems.

Jimmer is an obedient player. If the staff tells him he's a pg first, scorer second, he'll be fine with that.

Masstastic
06-25-2011, 12:44 AM
jimmer/tyreke COULD be an awesome combo assuming both pick their spots and get the ball to cousins instead of each trying to be volume scorers (it's not unreasonable to think they could do this, and what you saw with jimmer at byu isn't going to be the same thing you get in the NBA. he won't have the same green light that he did in college and he's going to have to stop "saving energy" on defense).

2 scorers like that are not going to sacrifice their game to accomidate Cousins. Maybe if he was an established superstar big man and they were coming in as rookies, but Cousins is still some years away from that if he does ever work hard.

& I know Jimmer wont have the same green light he did at BYU. That doesnt mean he still isnt a scorer who will be looking for his shot. The best case scenarios for him as a player in the NBA fall between a Ben Gordon and Steph Curry. Hes either an undersized SG or hes a scoring PG. Either way hes going to need his touches to make it work.

definitely a good "come buy tickets to watch this guy" pick, but in this draft that's not necessarily a bad thing if he can learn to fit in around the other guys. as the point guard it's going to be on him to adapt to what they do and make them the best that he can possibly make them...that's going to decide if he's a true point guard with scoring ability or just a 6th man chucker once jimmermania wears off. i really don't know what to think about him since that entire team is built on boom or bust players...but if they can all put it together they are going to be really ****ing good.

Yeah, I agree. The only thing is hes never been that type of player even in college in terms of making others around him better. Actually, I think Tyreke is better at that role because he can penetrate his only problem is hes trying to learn a PG mentality.

Jimmer Mania will never wear off btw. Hes too marketable for the casual NBA fan.

Jimmer is money. Hes going to at least go for 40 in a game in his rookie season.

jimbogr
06-25-2011, 12:46 AM
2 scorers like that are not going to sacrifice their game to accomidate Cousins. Maybe if he was an established superstar big man and they were coming in as rookies, but Cousins is still some years away from that if he does ever work hard.

& I know Jimmer wont have the same green light he did at BYU. That doesnt mean he still isnt a scorer who will be looking for his shot. The best case scenarios for him as a player in the NBA fall between a Ben Gordon and Steph Curry. Hes either an undersized SG or hes a scoring PG. Either way hes going to need his touches to make it work.

Yeah, I agree. The only thing is hes never been that type of player even in college in terms of making others around him better. Actually, I think Tyreke is better at that role because he can penetrate his only problem is hes trying to learn a PG mentality.

Jimmer Mania will never wear off btw. Hes too marketable for the casual NBA fan.

Jimmer is money. Hes going to at least go for 40 in a game in his rookie season.

God damn you're overreacting.

No need to write a novel on each post about a bench player

jvinci
06-25-2011, 01:03 AM

Kings are gonna be a high scoring team. Cousins ain't gonna be the next shaq, he'll probably be a 15 and 10 guy with jimmer and tyreke scoring, with thornton killing it off the bench.

We could go back and forth, but I'm telling you, tyreke is still number 1.

Masstastic
06-25-2011, 01:14 AM
God damn you're overreacting.

No need to write a novel on each post about a bench player

You mean, like Cory Joseph?

In 5 years Jimmer will be viewed as one of the 3 best players to come out of this draft.

Im not overreacting, I'm just massively intrigued by the thought of him & Tyreke playing together.

jimbogr
06-25-2011, 01:34 AM
In 5 years Jimmer will be viewed as one of the 3 best players to come out of this draft.

http://www.theironsamurai.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/laughing-mona.jpg

That won't happen.

Even if one of the top 4 doesn't pan out, the other 3 WILL be better than Jimmer.

unleashed132
06-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Kings will get to the playoffs!! Yeaaaaa