PDA

View Full Version : vegans and their life

danielbor
06-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone i am trying to assure my friend that eating only plants is nothing better than eating normal food like meet, but he is telling me vegans live longer, and he said that people don't need meet at all. Could u give me some studies that shows there is no big difference eating plants and meet. I was looking on search button but couldn't find something like that. I want to prove him that he is completely wrong.

Thank you everyone.

wisteron
06-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone i am trying to assure my friend that eating only plants is nothing better than eating normal food like meet, but he is telling me vegans live longer, and he said that people don't need meet at all. Could u give me some studies that shows there is no big difference eating plants and meet. I was looking on search button but couldn't find something like that. I want to prove him that he is completely wrong.

Thank you everyone.

You don't need studies...just say that it's important for good health to devour the souls of slain animals. That's how you become powerful. Then ask him how powerful he thinks a soy bean's soul will make him. You'll have him drinking the blood of lambs and baby rabbits in no time.

WonderPug
06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone i am trying to assure my friend that eating only plants is nothing better than eating normal food like meet, but he is telling me vegans live longer, and he said that people don't need meet at all. Could u give me some studies that shows there is no big difference eating plants and meet.

Meat, not meet.

And, by the way, one confounding variable is many vegan diets are CR.

desslok
06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Meat, not meet.

There's no team in meet!

joelash302
06-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Meat, not meet.

I had a great discussion with a CR vegan recently. He claimed that CR diets had a myriad of benefits including longer life and lowered aggression. I countered that his longer life would only be possible if I allowed it.

I feel I won the argument, but it was apparent that CR was not beneficial to his ability to detect humor.

synthetic
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Meat, not meet.

CR?

science will eventually replace animal by products...but a post apocolypitic era humans would suffer with out the products generated by science.

desslok
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
science will eventually replace animal by products...but a post apocolypitic era humans would suffer with out the products generated by science.

<twists imaginary goatee>

deadpool9
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
CR?

I believe that stands for Calorie Restriction.

rhizome
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I thought it meant crazy retarded :confused:

IamJonsCranium
06-23-2011, 01:58 PM
He may live longer.

But he'll die a frail old man, shriveled up on his death bed.

I want to die with my boots on.

danielbor
06-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Thank u very much for answers, reps for everyone. :)

Yeah it's meat not meet hehe my mistake.

nlite2000
06-23-2011, 04:10 PM
CR?

I agree. There was a great article in the new yorker recently about how far we are from being able to "grow" meat, we're not there, but it's going to happen. And the unintended consequence you mentioned sounds pretty accurate.

joelash302
06-23-2011, 05:15 PM

This. It's the new craze of controlled eating to hit your macro and micronutrients within your "survival" level of calories.

Basically, it's **** that we would never think about haha.