02-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Which one is better for you?

sutitle101
02-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Which one is better for you?

water

Ledfut
02-05-2007, 06:23 PM
the only time i drink gatorade anymore is after my 2 hour training w/ a master that just got off the plane from korea. otherwise water is the way to go.

Wrestler145
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I thought water was better for you because gatorade has 35grams of sugar per bottle.

Ledfut
02-05-2007, 06:31 PM
it also has a lot of sodium (110mg per cup).

gatorade isn't bad. it's meant to replace nutrients lost during workouts.

sportyhp
02-05-2007, 07:46 PM
well during a workout, i like to drink something like propel or a flavored water that's got a bit of sugar so i dont get tired out too easily......otherwise id go for water, your cells will thank u

Big Zach
02-05-2007, 07:50 PM
green tea with dextrose and creatine is the best ever my own special pre/during workout blend.

82web
02-05-2007, 08:19 PM
If you are using it during workout I would suggest diluting it with water. For relativley short workouts with frequent breaks such as weightlifting you really don't need more than 15-20 grams of sugar. Any more and you may be hindering the fat burning that is taking place. Optimatlly you shouldn't use any drink high in sugars while lifting. Gatorade is much more beneficial for activities which are anaerobic in nature, such as marathons, biking, long duration activities at submaximal levels. These activities deplete glycogen stores and if not replenished will negatively affect performance levels. As for postworkpout it is a simple way to get a good amount of sugar back into your blood and spike insulin levels.

randomguest
02-05-2007, 08:21 PM
If you are intending to just drink it just for fun, then go with water. If you are looking for a drink after an intense athletic workout or an intense sports game/practice, then go with Gatorade.

Gatorade allows you to replenish the salts that you lose through sweating (explains the high sodium). Sugars help you regain the energy you lose.

What I do on game days is drink water through the entire day. During games I drink gatorade. After games is water mixed with gatorade.

Hoped that help!

BTW, I have heard that drinking Gatorade just as a a regular drink is as bad as a soft drink. Anyone know if this is true?

OneBetter
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM
well during a workout, i like to drink something like propel or a flavored water that's got a bit of sugar so i dont get tired out too easily......otherwise id go for water, your cells will thank u

not sure if you were talking about both, but propel has maybe a gram of sugar.

If you are intending to just drink it just for fun, then go with water. If you are looking for a drink after an intense athletic workout or an intense sports game/practice, then go with Gatorade.

Gatorade allows you to replenish the salts that you lose through sweating (explains the high sodium). Sugars help you regain the energy you lose.

What I do on game days is drink water through the entire day. During games I drink gatorade. After games is water mixed with gatorade.

Hoped that help!

BTW, I have heard that drinking Gatorade just as a a regular drink is as bad as a soft drink. Anyone know if this is true?

not to be a dick, but have you ever actually looked at the label for gatorade? hey cool it's got some electrolytes, but there's what 1% of the RDA of K and 4% of the RDA for Na.. sugar during the workout, everyone has their own opinion but just make sure to get your pre WO down.

a pop is refined sugars, caffeine, and dyes.
gatorade is dextrose (powdered version), dyes, and some electrolyes.

in any other situaiton except a workout, it's not something i would just drink. if you need some taste, have some coke zero cherry. amazing.

Brooks15
02-05-2007, 09:06 PM
water

Tejmik
02-05-2007, 09:41 PM
I drink water through-out the day and workout.

I heard Gatorade is decent for right after the workout. Gives you a hit of needed carbs.

From a nutrition nut friend of mine was saying the perfect thing would have a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of Carbs to Protien for immediately after the WO.