PDA

View Full Version : T-Pups reject Laker trade offer of Lamar Odom for #2

Lasers1
06-22-2011, 04:14 PM
The Lakers tried to move up in Thursday's NBA draft by offering forward Lamar Odom to Minnesota for the Timberwolves' No. 2 overall pick, but Minnesota turned them down, according to two NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly about the trade talks.

The Lakers wanted to use the No. 2 pick to select Arizona's forward Derrick Williams, the officials said.

However, Minnesota didn't want Odom, the NBA's sixth man of the year last season, because the Timberwolves have Kevin Love at power forward and see him as part of the franchise's cornerstone.

Instead, Minnesota asked the Lakers for either Andrew Bynum or Pau Gasol -- two players the Lakers were not going to trade -- for the No. 2 draft pick. Talks broke down and the teams aren't talking anymore about a deal, the officials said.

The Lakers don't have a first-round pick in Thursday's NBA draft; their second-round draft picks are Nos. 41, 46, 56 and 58.

-- Broderick Turner

Intradesting....

aznbeast
06-22-2011, 04:17 PM
wolves are not even close to becoming a playoff bound team, trading for odom wouldnt make sense, they need someone young, even getting gasol would be a waste for them

RekeDMC
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
lol at a old odom for the 2nd pick lol

rjordan562
06-22-2011, 04:19 PM
If it were Fisher Kahn would take it

Realism
06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
If it were Fisher Kahn would take it

Point guard joke?

LiftTheIron
06-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Why are the Lakers trying to trade Lamar? Dude is an all star.

poppa_boner
06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just keep it in here.

Theres a rumor out there theres discussions for a straight swap Iguodala for Odom.

2L8forGrace
06-22-2011, 06:06 PM
If the Timberwolves accepted that trade that might be single handedly the dumbest move in team history which is saying a lot! Basically you are giving up a shot at a HUGE talent like Derrick Williams or Kyrie Irving for a 31 year old 6th man who does essentially the same things as Anthony Randolph (Abeit at this point in their careers odom does it much better)but with none of the upside. Odom would be way past his prime by the time the timberwolves get their stuff together and are relevent again.

nickrut
06-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol at kevin love being the cornerstone of their team. Most overrated player in the league IMO.

bigcc
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Instead of starting a new thread, I'll just keep it in here.

Theres a rumor out there theres discussions for a straight swap Iguodala for Odom.

I'd take it if I were the Lakers in a second

neilsabo
06-22-2011, 06:24 PM
in b4 lakers troll the league again and somehow end up with both the #2 pick and dwight howard

2Burnt
06-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Lol at kevin love being the cornerstone of their team. Most overrated player in the league IMO.

He picks up garbage stats to me as well. He's good. But not to be compared to Moses Malone like has been done.

nickrut
06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
He picks up garbage stats to me as well. He's good. But not to be compared to Moses Malone like has been done.

I got him coming in at MAYBE the 10th best PF in the league. He's just the best player on a horrid team.