PDA

View Full Version : Why does my weight fluctuate so much?

Shadowlink1990
06-22-2011, 03:37 PM
I currently weigh around 224lbs. A few days ago I was at 220lbs. I haven't pigged out on anything and I've been eating around 1800 calories a day. I also do cardio every single day (Insanity in the morning and jogging at night).

A few months ago I was at 250lbs and I was extremely happy to hit the 30lbs mark a few days ago. Now I am disappointed to have mysteriously gained 4lbs.

Any reason why it keeps changing or why I'm not losing as much weight?

wyofire
06-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I currently weigh around 224lbs. A few days ago I was at 220lbs. I haven't pigged out on anything and I've been eating around 1800 calories a day. I also do cardio every single day (Insanity in the morning and jogging at night).

Water retention? Have you been eating more sodium or drinking less water? Also, weight flux is normal.

KingOfChaos
06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Lift weights, acquire water retention.

drewsedg
06-22-2011, 03:58 PM
It is perfectly normal for bodyweight to fluctuate like that. Hydration levels and digestive track contents can and do differ by more weight than you can lose over the period of a few days. This is why you shouldn't be weighing yourself more than once a week. Doing so will only end up discouraging you. There is no reason to weigh yourself more than once every week or two. You are following a plan that you know will create weight loss and weighing yourself more often won't speed up the process so forget about it. It is a lot less frustrating when you only think about your weight once a week. Just do your thing and the weight will come off.

VictoryX
06-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Many things could be causing your weight changes. My first suggestion would be to weigh your self at the same time of day, mornings is best if you have a scale at home.

Congrats on your weight loss so far, Keep it up!

samsont
06-22-2011, 04:30 PM
weightloss is not linear. sometimes it all goes at once... sometimes it's water. if you know your diet is in check and you're keeping it going w/ the gym, you're golden man.

don't let it discourage you. use it as motivation if you must, but don't get hung up on the scale.

Shadowlink1990
06-22-2011, 04:38 PM
I've switched to water almost exclusively for the last few months. Only time I don't is if I'm drinking tea or the occasional diet soft drink if I'm at an event.

Thanks guys, I really hope it's just me being paranoid. I've been hitting it pretty hard these days so I didn't want to believe nothing is happening. This topic really kept made me feel better.

It's true, BB is full of bros. I love it.

samsont
06-22-2011, 05:10 PM
I've switched to water almost exclusively for the last few months. Only time I don't is if I'm drinking tea or the occasional diet soft drink if I'm at an event.

Thanks guys, I really hope it's just me being paranoid. I've been hitting it pretty hard these days so I didn't want to believe nothing is happening. This topic really kept made me feel better.

It's true, BB is full of bros. I love it.

My weight usually goes up right before it goes down, dont know why.

heres my log over last few days, as you can see, i droped to 250, then 248, mirror and clothes also tell me i'm doing good. but you can see on some days my weight spiked, my diet has been flawless calorie wise - and i'm lifting weights, only drink water.

june weightloss
14 - 255
15 - 253
16 - 250
17 - 254
18 - 251
19 - 250
20 - 256
21 - 248
22 - 248

thats a small sample size, but it also mirrors my old logs of when i went 300 to 230.

I like to keep my weight charted as motivation, if i have a spike on a couple days, it motivates me more to stay strict.

you can do it! i can do it! lets get ourselves in shape man.