PDA

View Full Version : Best way to cook chicken breast?

EnriqueDeLeon
06-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I make my chicken breast in the oven and quite frankly, it sucks!

The chicken is very dry.
I was wondering if cooking chicken breast on a Foreman Grill or something would make it more tender/juicer.

I need help/advice/tips/etc!

Ksorra
06-18-2011, 05:34 PM
George foreman! Cooking some as we speak.... Comes out perfect.

WonderPug
06-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Cover in bacon, cook, eat the bacon, discard the chicken.

SumDumGoi
06-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Cover in bacon, cook, eat the bacon, discard the chicken.

This made me laugh

otterakl
06-18-2011, 05:47 PM

x2. I cook frozen chicken breasts on the Foreman and they always come out tender and perfectly cooked.

EnriqueDeLeon
06-18-2011, 05:49 PM
x2. I cook frozen chicken breasts on the Foreman and they always come out tender and perfectly cooked.

Thank you both very much for the info!

Going out to buy a Foreman Grill!

Reps!

otterakl
06-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Thank you both very much for the info!

Going out to buy a Foreman Grill!

Reps!

If you can find it (and afford it), get one with removable grill plates. Makes clean up SO much easier.

HunterCML
06-18-2011, 05:54 PM
The best chicken I've had in a while was 3 days ago.

Take a large chicken breast and butterfly it. Then put ~2-3 strips of bacon in the breast. Cover the breast and inside of the breast with a marinade and spices of choice. Then place on the smoker for about an hour (this depends largely on if you're smoking - or just grilling - and the temperature of the inside of your smoker/grill).

Juicy. Delicious.

bigtedwards
06-18-2011, 06:17 PM
season it up real well! Get a cast iron pan! Sear it on both sides, and into the oven 400 for 15 minutes. Longer if its a thick breast

EnriqueDeLeon
06-18-2011, 07:26 PM
If you can find it (and afford it), get one with removable grill plates. Makes clean up SO much easier.

Thanks! Didn't know this...will most likely save up to buy that one.

The best chicken I've had in a while was 3 days ago.

Take a large chicken breast and butterfly it. Then put ~2-3 strips of bacon in the breast. Cover the breast and inside of the breast with a marinade and spices of choice. Then place on the smoker for about an hour (this depends largely on if you're smoking - or just grilling - and the temperature of the inside of your smoker/grill).

Juicy. Delicious.

Sounds so delish! Definitely gonna give that a go when I get the griller!

season it up real well! Get a cast iron pan! Sear it on both sides, and into the oven 400 for 15 minutes. Longer if its a thick breast

Will try this out tonight! Thanks!

SS2Trunks69
06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Meh, I just buy bags of frozen chicken tenderloins at the grocery store. Dump the whole bag in a pot with water and boil it for like 45 minutes or so.

They're juicy (or watery? :p), and I just throw em in a ziploc bag in the fridge and eat em whenever.

I used to do them on the foreman grill, but the one I have can only fit like 3 breasts on it, and each bag has 10-15 of em. I'm too lazy to do multiple batches of chicken. :p

Askari2010
06-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Dry you say? Wrap it in foil (do it right and your juices wont drip out making a mess). Season with anything you like.

Also, the bacon thing like wonderpug said.

desslok
06-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Personally I marinate it in Chakas Mmmmm sauce, then BBQ.

determined4000
06-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Marinate overnight in vinegar and seasonings
Foreman it up the next day

sailingpece
06-18-2011, 08:51 PM
drop the tenderloins into a container containing a salty water solution and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Grill like you normally would, or if using oven preheat at 450 degrees and place tenderloins onto an aluminum foil surfaced pan...cook for 20-30 minutes depending on how much chicken your cooking, use the higher end for any more than 16 ounces.

To preserve the "juiciness" , add seasonings and whatever flavorings after chicken has cooled add brown rice, lettuce, or other fibrous vegetables, and wash it down with OG or grape juice for a tasty nutritious dinner.

TheDarkKnight27
06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
just don't overcook it.

if you're gonna bake chicken put foil over it to trap in the moisture.

i like my breasts bbq'd or fried.

Mirabelle
06-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I usually put about 4 to 6 in gallon sized ziplock bags in marinade (store bought pre-made marinades) in the morning and after work I put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-40min.

Another way to make them is to thaw them and slice a little into one and stuff it with feta or blue cheese and place some crushed garlic on it. Or just cube it and throw it into skillet with some olive oil and a little dash/pepper.

milpol78
06-19-2011, 12:21 AM
Best way i found is by using flame or alternate heating source for evertying that i cook

kevvy83
06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Get a chicken breast, put a slice in the side ( like a pocket ) fill with cream cheese or cottage cheese, close the breast then, wrap in bacon, cook and when done, smother in BBQ sauce, cut it in half and see te juiciness of melted cheese ooze out( nom nom nom ) eat and you will enjoy.

Robosco
06-19-2011, 02:20 AM
Cut it in strips then stir fry it with olive oil, onions and garlic. When it's almost done, put a teaspoon of soy sauce and stir fry a little more. You can eat it just like that or with rice or pita bread. Best when hot.

Or you could skip the soy sauce and use ragu/prego pasta sauce instead. Let it simmer a bit and then put on top of pasta.

Crabbers15
06-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Dip chicken breast in flower, cook on a pan with olive oil, amazinnng.

jamieslucky7
06-19-2011, 03:59 AM
If it's dry then you're overcooking it.

I usually cut a pocket in the breast and fill it with mascarpone. Then wrap the chicken breast in prosciutto (parma ham) or streaky bacon. Flash fry it on each side which will make the prosciutto lovely and crispy, then pop it in the over for 20 minutes.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4787/chicken-stuffed-with-herby-mascarpone

Sqwivivol
06-19-2011, 04:20 AM
I always grill my chicken in the oven, never dry. 15mins then flip and another 10-15mins depending on how close to the top and the size of the breasts. Good marinade + peanut butter for sauce = delicious :D

Captain22
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
What I normally do is that I preheat my oven and then grill each side for 7 minutes (read that on a website once). To make it taste nicer I always put some garlic mince on top, and normally garnish it with lemon pepper and sometimes salt.