PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to homemade weight gainer

babond
06-18-2011, 07:49 AM
So it's summer and I'm in the process of dropping about 10-15 pounds and progress is going well. I'm taking in between 1,800-2,000 calories per day and workout between 4-5x a week. Once August hits I plan on doing a clean bulk on 2700-3000 (will play with the numbers to fig. out what works for me).
OK so my question..... Would a homemade shake that was calories dense with oatmeal/nat. peanut butter/skim milk/whey/banana taken @ some point post workout and contained roughly 700-800 calories be ok? I currently like the food I eat. So if I continue consuming the 2000 calories I eat and just add a weight gainer shake PWO would I still put on some good mass even though my calories were in shake form? I feel this would be the easiest route.... I keep all these things around the house and if I could just quickly drink them it would be optimal for my busy schedule.

Lvisaa2
06-18-2011, 08:39 AM
So it's summer and I'm in the process of dropping about 10-15 pounds and progress is going well. I'm taking in between 1,800-2,000 calories per day and workout between 4-5x a week. Once August hits I plan on doing a clean bulk on 2700-3000 (will play with the numbers to fig. out what works for me).
OK so my question..... Would a homemade shake that was calories dense with oatmeal/nat. peanut butter/skim milk/whey/banana taken @ some point post workout and contained roughly 700-800 calories be ok? I currently like the food I eat. So if I continue consuming the 2000 calories I eat and just add a weight gainer shake PWO would I still put on some good mass even though my calories were in shake form? I feel this would be the easiest route.... I keep all these things around the house and if I could just quickly drink them it would be optimal for my busy schedule.

Are you talking about adding the shake during your cut or your bulk? You can get your macros however you chose, but keep in mind that whole food will be more satiating. Also, your choices can have an effect on things other than just your bodycomposition, such as overall health, so I suggest everything in moderation while sticking to mainly unprocessed and whole foods.

babond
06-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Are you talking about adding the shake during your cut or your bulk? You can get your macros however you chose, but keep in mind that whole food will be more satiating. Also, your choices can have an effect on things other than just your bodycomposition, such as overall health, so I suggest everything in moderation while sticking to mainly unprocessed and whole foods.

my cut right now is working amazing. I'm eating roughly 2,000 calories a day and feel satisfied. Now when I go to clean bulk I'd like to pretty much eat what I do now but add in a calorie dense (800 or so) homemade shake with lots of whole good foods (ie: nat. PB, oats, Optium whey, etc) and chug it. I may add in another meal if needed but basically if I ever had a busy day and needed to meet my macros.... would a shake work?

Lvisaa2
06-18-2011, 02:45 PM
my cut right now is working amazing. I'm eating roughly 2,000 calories a day and feel satisfied. Now when I go to clean bulk I'd like to pretty much eat what I do now but add in a calorie dense (800 or so) homemade shake with lots of whole good foods (ie: nat. PB, oats, Optium whey, etc) and chug it. I may add in another meal if needed but basically if I ever had a busy day and needed to meet my macros.... would a shake work?

Yes a shake would do fine

vincerich
06-18-2011, 05:02 PM
If you're eating at maintenance and add a 700-800 calorie weight-gain shake to that, you should see some results (assuming that you don't start burning more calories through exercise).

babond
06-18-2011, 05:14 PM
bump