PDA

View Full Version : Protein and HFCS

WarTurtle2010
06-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Given that ON Gold Standard Whey Protein has such a high rating by consumers and by bodybuilding.com, what do you think the chances are that having an ingredient like High Fructose Corn Syrup, greatly diminishes the nutritional value and strength of the product?

By the way, I have been using ON whey for a while now, and i have been liking the results from it, I am just curious as to what many of you think the impact of having that ingredient in the protein has on the product and to your personal "diet"

also, do you think taking ON gold standard NATURAL whey (no HFCS), has a greater benefit than taking a regular ON whey protein (with HFCS)

also: i use the cookies and cream flavored one

Mr.Cooper69
06-13-2011, 07:48 PM
First, nothing wrong with HFCS. Second, the whey has like less than a gram of HFCS per serving. No reason not to use it.

Ion26
06-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Although I'm against HFCS, its better than sucralose (splenda). We know the side effects of sweet n low (aspartame), but we dont know yet for sure how dangerous splenda is long term.

Stevia is the best sweetner...natural...

GymRat128
06-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I personally try to avoid HFCS when it comes to picking my protein powders. One protein or another wont change your results dramatically unless its a very low quality stuff but you should always try to aim for quality first when it comes to protein and flavoring/taste so you can actually enjoy your shakes :D, If you never tried Trutein you should def. check it out, its a quality blend 40/40/20 of Whey,Casein and Egg white protein and it comes in fantastic tasteing flavors like Chocolate Covered Banana and Chocolate Peanut Butter cup to name a few. We also carry a full line of Isolates and other proteins. You can purchase samples of all of our protein products for a couple bucks since we believe once you try it you will become a fan of TruNutrition products. http://www.truscience.com/samples.html

itzDodge
06-13-2011, 07:53 PM
First, nothing wrong with HFCS. Second, the whey has like less than a gram of HFCS per serving. No reason not to use it.

This.