PDA

View Full Version : Getting surgery and trying to minimize muscle loss

latking2
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM
My doctor told me that for a few days I may have less of an appetite and I may have to stay away from solid foods that aren't soft. Aside from drinking a lot of protein shakes, what are some things involving little preparation I can eat to avoid muscle loss? I'm also not allowed to workout for a week unfortunately

UCFBuilder
06-11-2011, 09:19 PM
lol dude...i can 100% assure you that u will not lose any muscle in a week without lifting....in fact u will prolly come back stronger and with even more motivation....if u cant eat whole food...then blend up everything man...milk, bananas, some chocolate protein powder and PB would be a pretty tasty shake

just to assure u even more...i took a month off..no lifting...came back stronger and looking better than before...time off is great man..eat and rest

PWOGasMan
06-11-2011, 09:28 PM
mmmm milkshakes.

latking2
06-11-2011, 09:30 PM
lol dude...i can 100% assure you that u will not lose any muscle in a week without lifting....in fact u will prolly come back stronger and with even more motivation....if u cant eat whole food...then blend up everything man...milk, bananas, some chocolate protein powder and PB would be a pretty tasty shake

just to assure u even more...i took a month off..no lifting...came back stronger and looking better than before...time off is great man..eat and rest
i'm going to try that shake. sounds like a lot of calories too which is good. i probably shouldn't blend chicken right?

YCHR
06-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Canned beans, rinse them though...

Pre-packaged smoked salmon, deli turkey slices too. Two packages of 8 turkey slices and one protein shake would be perfect for your total protein requirement (given that you're around 150 pounds or so). Carbs are easy...popcorn, loads of it. Pop tarts or snickers for extra cals, and there you go!

pageturner
06-11-2011, 09:52 PM

What did you do during that month? What did you eat?

what are some things involving little preparation I can eat to avoid muscle loss?

Peanut butter sandwiches might work, if they're soft enough. Oats with beans can be filling.

franko man
06-11-2011, 10:54 PM
make some sludge, proats. Mix in CC, whey. Greek yogurt for proteins. Fats are easy to get from pb, oil..

you're gonna lose hardly any muscles at all, if it's only one week and under the assumption that you're eating well

latking2
06-11-2011, 10:59 PM
make some sludge, proats
what are these?

yieldtonothing
06-11-2011, 11:09 PM
what are these?

mix your protein powder with greek yogurt. lotsa protein, lotsa taste

adamrochester
06-11-2011, 11:47 PM
i posted this 2x this week so why not 3x ! :)

Ive had braces and all 4 wisdom teeth out its frustrating things i did was

shakes shakes and ......... did i say shakes ? lol just until my mouth wasnt swollen or sore

whey
milk - whole or skim
peanut butter
ice cream
milo
yogurt or greek
cottage cheese
extra virgin olive oil / canola oil
any fruit i like banana straw berrie and mixed frozen berries
oats
wholemeal flour or plain flour
apple sauce
toping
jams
custard , mouses

even gatorade or powerade if your struggerling with carbs

any thing liquidy or smooth throw in a blender go nuts

heaps of ideas to blend up shakes be creative youl be right

the basic shakes worked the best imo

whey
milk
banana
oats
peanut butter

and i mashed broccoli with it

having shakes for a while gives you a break from all the cooking

latking2
06-12-2011, 05:58 PM
thanks i'll give that a try. is it just me or does adding oats make a shake taste terrible?

unccwrestler
06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
thanks i'll give that a try. is it just me or does adding oats make a shake taste terrible?

I've never noticed it, I have blended oats with whey isolates and with stuff like XF and MM, just makes the shake thicker.

adamrochester
06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
probly because you didnt blend it lol ? maybe add some splenda ?

latking2
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
The surgery went well. Here's the concoction I've been having. It's delicious-

2 cups of milk
1 scoop of chocolate whey
2 tablespoons of natty PB
1/4 cup of oats
Handful of strawberries and blueberries
1 banana
3 ice cubes