PDA

View Full Version : If meal timing is irrelevant, then how do you explain....

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Caffeine.

Many prominent posters in this Nutrition forum state that they consume coffee pre-workout, namely PBatemen (not calling Bateman out, dude is a beast, i just remember him liking "Folgers")

I started to drink coffee cause this section taught me that NO Explode and other Supp's are really not needed. Within 20 -30 minutes of consuming caffeine, I feel awake and ready to pump iron. No complaining.

So if your body feels the effect of caffeine in 30 minutes, why dont you gain anything from drinking a Post work out shake? I mean, both are taken orally, both go down your throat and both end up in your stomach. Why does the body go thru caffeine fast, but not protein?

My guess is that protein is somehow digested differently than caffenine, but it still doesnt make sence cause how does the stomach discriminate against digesting protein untill later, but caffeine gets pushed thru my vains in a short amount of time?

I know the IIFIYM is the most important thing, dont disagree with that. Just wondering.I read SOME of the stickies but didnt find answer, and I dont have SEARCh functionality here at work.

Thanks for any responces, Also, thanks to Alan Aragon. I think its cool how he has all this knoledge that he shares with us here on BB.com free!! It would be awesome for him to respond to this post.

CLiff's
1) Difference in protein and caffeine digestion?
2)PBateman is a beast!
3)Fits inyour macros is most important
4)Aragon is awesome

ErickStevens
06-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Wow.

FunkymonkAW
06-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Caffeine isn't food.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Caffeine isn't food.

I know but "I mean, both are taken orally, both go down your throat and both end up in your stomach. Why does the body go thru caffeine fast, but not protein?"

Sorry, im really new to this

juliacheh
06-09-2011, 08:01 AM
lolwut?

Caffeine is a stimulant, i take it pre-fasted cardio to give me a boost.
It has nothing to do with nutrient/meal timing.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:03 AM
lolwut?

Caffeine is a stimulant, i take it pre-fasted cardio to give me a boost.
It has nothing to do with nutrient/meal timing.

i understand, but it still ends up in your stomach with your previous meal

phal
06-09-2011, 08:03 AM
^_^v

adean1989
06-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I know but "I mean, both are taken orally, both go down your throat and both end up in your stomach. Why does the body go thru caffeine fast, but not protein?"

Let's assume for a moment both were digested and metabolised at the same rate. Do you think your body will immediately assimilate this protein in the form of skeletal muscle? Or that should this "window" of opportunity not be taken said assimilation would be significantly affected?

jst1225
06-09-2011, 08:04 AM
caffeine is a DRUG that induces pharmacological effects on the body, protien is FOOD/NUTRIENT that the body digests and uses for energy; they are not digested or broken down the same way.

schismatik
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
is this real life?

sweethunibabi
06-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Caffeine affects the central nervous system and enters your bloodstream. It is a DRUG, not a food. It supplies no calories in its purest form.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Let's assume for a moment both were digested and metabolised at the same rate. Do you think your body will immediately assimilate this protein in the form of skeletal muscle? Or that should this "window" of opportunity not be taken said assimilation would be significantly affected?

Im extremely new to nutrition, not sure what you asked

Sorry,

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:08 AM
caffeine is a DRUG that induces pharmacological effects on the body, protien is FOOD/NUTRIENT that the body digests and uses for energy; they are not digested or broken down the same way.

Thanks, clears it up a bit, appreciated

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Caffeine affects the central nervous system and enters your bloodstream. It is a DRUG, not a food. It supplies no calories in its purest form.

Awesome, thanks, when i figure out how to REp, will do

phal
06-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Just for future reference, to multi quote, click the button next to QUOTE on (all) the posts you wish to select - then hit reply.

l2ambo
06-09-2011, 08:13 AM
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/icwhutudidtherep1.gif

pretend
06-09-2011, 08:21 AM
By your logic, if I snort a line of whey my muscles would be visibly larger within 5 minutes.

Hmm... brb

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:23 AM
By your logic, if I snort a line of whey my muscles would be visibly larger within 5 minutes.

Hmm... brb

??WTF??

Not sure what your getting at. Never said anything about muscle growth, never mentioned nasal iduction, just about caffeine and protein digestion,

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:26 AM

Hmm... brb

If you are refering to the line about caffeine being pushed thru my veins, not sure, just hear co workers say that alot, notsrs

OliFresh
06-09-2011, 08:35 AM
Here we go again..

Shrederator
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
caffeine =/= meal or food

If meal timing is irrelevant... why do Pbateman drink water sometimes?

/thrad.

Rambo26
06-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Stimulant timing is relevant ;)

Shrederator
06-09-2011, 08:45 AM

That it is.

Ever taken a stim shortly before bed?

feelsbadman.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 08:49 AM

That it is.

Ever taken a stim shortly before bed?

feelsbadman.

OHH, meal (protein) not relevant, Caffeine (stimulant) can be relevant
Thanks, not sure why most people in this forum have great info, yet seem to want to start arguments rather than educate those of us who are noobs.

feelsg00dmayne
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
LOL.

OP thinks he made the scientific breakthrough of the century.

supp section that way bro -->

Shrederator
06-09-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks, not sure why most people in this forum have great info, yet seem to want to start arguments rather than educate those of us who are noobs.

Well... basically, you asked in a way that could be deemed confrontational.

Not to mention the fact that caffeine is a drug and not a food, therefore, cannot be considered a meal. People like to jump on ish like that... such as myself.

Lvisaa2
06-09-2011, 09:04 AM

Because this question doesn't make any logical sense. The digestion of food and caffeine has no relation. The reason that meal timing is irrelevant is that it will make little difference on body composition when you get your food as long as you hit your macros. Why digestion of caffeine even came up is beyond me as how quickly something digests has no effect on the previously mentioned principle.

Cumulonimbus
06-09-2011, 09:10 AM
OP just went full retard with the context of this thread and his grammar.

I suggest you take a break from work and go back to school.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Because this question doesn't make any logical sense. The digestion of food and caffeine has no relation. The reason that meal timing is irrelevant is that it will make little difference on body composition when you get your food as long as you hit your macros. Why digestion of caffeine even came up is beyond me as how quickly something digests has no effect on the previously mentioned principle.

Well, im my original post, i stated "My guess is that protein is somehow digested differently than caffenine," i just wasnt sure, its just that both protein and caffeine end up inyour stomach and was not sure why i felt caffeine right away.

Thanks

Yes, ive mispelled many things, and probably will. Currently doing this and a few other projects, no time to proof read. But I did just receive my second bachelors degree, not sure if Im going for masters, thanks for the suggestion.

FunkMasterPhil
06-09-2011, 09:18 AM
CLiff's
2)PBateman is a beast!
4)Aragon is awesome

strong rep beg

Christiffer
06-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Where's alwaysT when you need him. This ones been really bothering me, I've seen it like 3x in 24hrs. It's "sense" people, not "sence". Also "vein" not "vain". Just had to get that off my chest, no offense to op personally.

Shrederator
06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Wares alwaysT when you need him. This ones been really bothering me, I've seen it like 3x in 24hrs. It's "cents" people, not "sence". Also "vane" not "vain". Just had to get that off my chest, no offense to op personally.

fixed.

dumbchicken
06-09-2011, 09:28 AM
be careful how you word your topic titles, the nutrition section bites ;)

when you ingest protein, your body still has to break it down into monomers called amino acids while caffeine is generally absorbed whole.

frankinthetank
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
be careful how you word your topic titles, the nutrition section bites ;)

when you ingest protein, your body still has to break it down into monomers called amino acids while caffeine is generally absorbed whole.

Thanks alot!! Thats a great answer and its starting to all make sense now.

Brawndo89
06-09-2011, 09:49 AM
I make sure to take my protein shakes then inject some caffeine straight to the bicep and abz so it speeds up the protein digestion/absorption to my musclez. It's how I got huge...my secret.

IamJonsCranium
06-09-2011, 09:59 AM

Welcome to the internet. You have to get used to it or avoid it.

When you eat, the calories are not all immediately used. You have glucose in your bloodstream all the time, and use it as you need it.

Caffeine is metabolized when you take it. If you take it 1000mg, it will effect you and get metabolized out of your system all at once.

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 11:38 AM

When you eat, the calories are not all immediately used. You have glucose in your bloodstream all the time, and use it as you need it.

Caffeine is metabolized when you take it. If you take it 1000mg, it will effect you and get metabolized out of your system all at once.

Though the example of caffeine is probably ill-chosen, the question of timing still brings up other issues. For example, there are many studies that show that very shortly after a workout, the consumption of whey protein (due to quick absorption) or even skim milk, can lead to greater gains. There are many studies that compound with this, yet I see them shrugged off as "broscience". Why?

Here is a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutirient on two glasses of skim milk, as opposed to a soy-based drink with the same components, taken right after a workout:

Conclusion: We conclude that chronic postexercise consumption of milk promotes greater hypertrophy during the early stages of resistance training in novice weightlifters when compared with isoenergetic soy or carbohydrate consumption.

/content/86/2/373.full?sid=0b36ede1-0f6d-40f9-8e0c-9cd652142cb9

(add www dot ajcn dot org before the above. My noob status prevents me from posting links.)

PBateman2
06-09-2011, 11:57 AM
^^^^

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413096
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319656

BTW - Im all down for the chronic postexercise consumption of milk...chocolate milk:D

Except my PWO meal/milk consumption comes 4-5 hours after training. OH NOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

I do make sure though I hit my calorie/macro targets. Every. Single. Day.

Basically comes down to preference.

Shrederator
06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Conclusion: I don't understand how to properly read and evaluate scientific studies, even if they contain major logical flaws.

Oh.

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 12:43 PM
^^^^

(Four studies I cannot quote)

BTW - Im all down for the chronic postexercise consumption of milk...chocolate milk:D

Except my PWO meal/milk consumption comes 4-5 hours after training. OH NOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ!

I do make sure though I hit my calorie/macro targets. Every. Single. Day.

Basically comes down to preference.

I don't see what any of those studies has to do with timing. They only discuss meal frequency.

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh.

Presumably you are unable to point out the logical flaws you perceive.

Cumulonimbus
06-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Where's alwaysT when you need him. This ones been really bothering me, I've seen it like 3x in 24hrs. It's "sense" people, not "sence". Also "vein" not "vain". Just had to get that off my chest, no offense to op personally.

This. Bachelors and cannot spell sense?

PBateman2
06-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't see what any of those studies has to do with timing. They only discuss meal frequency.

Oh lawd! There is a consistent overlap of nutrient absorption, meal digestion, protein synthesis, etc.. throughout your entire day. If you'd like to have your PWO meal and be precise with your nutrient/meal timing then by all means go for it. It's just not necessary.

Go to www.leangains.com... for some reason site is not loading for me..click on categories..and I believe sub-category "Research".

As I said earlier, comes down to preference and also in a certain sense the type of training you do.

blitersety
06-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Presumably you are unable to point out the logical flaws you perceive.

The flaw is obviously that the study was done on novice trainees beginning a new training routine... that's widely known to be a demographic that will have very significant gains in both strength and hypertrophy regardless of what they do. Correlation /= causation.

Also, soy and CHO are not even comparable to skim milk or whey if you are trying to spike leucine and activate mTOR. Soy does not provide a high enough concentration of leucine, and a CHO solution doesn't supply any leucine at all.

So there's your flaws.

alan aragon
06-09-2011, 01:14 PM
OP's 1st mistake is assuming that meal timing is irrelevant. On the contrary, it's VERY relevant. Timing just happens to have much less impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day. This doesn't diminish the fact that people need to individualize their meal timing so that it maximizes their training performance (& does not hinder it). The latter manipulations vary widely, because people have different training protocols, goals, and tolerances. For example, some people experience their best training performance in an immediately fed state, while others do best in a semi-fasted or fasted state. Endurance athletes who neglect carbohydrate timing will not optimize their training capacity. Strength/power athletes with minimal endurance demands have much less of a concern for this. There's no way to 'universalize' a nutrient timing prescription that applies to everyone & all types of athletes. But to reiterate, macro totals for the day overshadow timing in terms of importance. If macro totals for the day are not hit, the most precisely neurotic timing of meals is all for sh!t.

IamJonsCranium
06-09-2011, 01:35 PM
OP's 1st mistake is assuming that meal timing is irrelevant. On the contrary, it's VERY relevant. Timing just happens to have much less impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day. This doesn't diminish the fact that people need to individualize their meal timing so that it maximizes their training performance (& does not hinder it). The latter manipulations vary widely, because people have different training protocols, goals, and tolerances. For example, some people experience their best training performance in an immediately fed state, while others do best in a semi-fasted or fasted state. Endurance athletes who neglect carbohydrate timing will not optimize their training capacity. Strength/power athletes with minimal endurance demands have much less of a concern for this. There's no way to 'universalize' a nutrient timing prescription that applies to everyone & all types of athletes. But to reiterate, macro totals for the day overhsadow timing in terms of importance. If macro totals for the day are not hit, the most precisely neurotic timing of meals is all for sh!t.

Thanks for clearing that up. I think some people tend to read a statement from you or others well-read on a subject, and run around posting it as the end-all be-all, negging and insulting anyone who dares disagree.

Now, you post talks about pre-workout meals. Does it apply also to post-workout meals/shakes?

Ghosting
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Timing just happens to have much less impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day.

I think people are taking your sticky wrong. :( They always say meal timing isn't relevant, when they should be saying that it is not important as you overall daily cals/macros.

alan aragon
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I think some people tend to read a statement from you or others well-read on a subject, and run around posting it as the end-all be-all, negging and insulting anyone who dares disagree.

Now, you post talks about pre-workout meals. Does it apply also to post-workout meals/shakes?What's necessary or optimal postworkout varies widely with the individual sport/goal. There are many factors to consider, not the least of which is the lingering impact of a regular-sized meal on circulating substrate levels. Here's a post (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=678321011&postcount=722) that's worth reviewing, it covers a lot of the details you might be pondering.

alan aragon
06-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I think people are taking your sticky wrong. :( They always say meal timing isn't relevant, when they should be saying that it is not important as you overall daily cals/macros.The sticky is very explicit in its language, so those who read it the wrong way might need to take some ESL classes :)

Jukia5880
06-09-2011, 01:49 PM
OP's 1st mistake is assuming that meal timing is irrelevant. On the contrary, it's VERY relevant. Timing just happens to have much less impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day. This doesn't diminish the fact that people need to individualize their meal timing so that it maximizes their training performance (& does not hinder it). The latter manipulations vary widely, because people have different training protocols, goals, and tolerances. For example, some people experience their best training performance in an immediately fed state, while others do best in a semi-fasted or fasted state. Endurance athletes who neglect carbohydrate timing will not optimize their training capacity. Strength/power athletes with minimal endurance demands have much less of a concern for this. There's no way to 'universalize' a nutrient timing prescription that applies to everyone & all types of athletes. But to reiterate, macro totals for the day overhsadow timing in terms of importance. If macro totals for the day are not hit, the most precisely neurotic timing of meals is all for sh!t.

I think, am not sure.. but this kinda answers a question i have been wanting to ask. Was about to even start a whole other pointless thread to ask it....

So if anyone can help answer it, appreciated...

So ..regards meal timing, i eat most my cals through the day and leave around 400-600 for when i get home.. i train at 7pm and eat around 9pm, sleep 10-11pm.. up at 6.. am i neglecting anything by not eating more post workout? I only do this 2 times in a weekday.

-cutting btw if that makes any diff..

Thanks

alan aragon
06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
I think, am not sure.. but this kinda answers a question i have been wanting to ask. Was about to even start a whole other pointless thread to ask it....

So if anyone can help answer it, appreciated...

So ..regards meal timing, i eat most my cals through the day and leave around 400-600 for when i get home.. i train at 7pm and eat around 9pm, sleep 10-11pm.. up at 6.. am i neglecting anything by not eating more post workout? I only do this 2 times in a weekday.

-cutting btw if that makes any diff..

ThanksIn your case, it doesn't matter as long as your macro targets are nailed for the day. If you're specifically pushing your intake to the earlier part of the day to avoid eating a pre-bed meal, then that would be a nonsensical move.

Jukia5880
06-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Here's a post (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=678321011&postcount=722) .

I think this just answered it, thanks Alan..

P.s reading your s**t constantly for the last year or so.. your Lej!

In your case, it doesn't matter as long as your macro targets are nailed for the day. If you're specifically pushing your intake to the earlier part of the day to avoid eating a pre-bed meal, then that would be a nonsensical move.

Definitely not, i don't bye into all that don't eat before bed myth.. i'd happily eat 2000cals before bed if i could..

Ghosting
06-09-2011, 01:56 PM
The sticky is very explicit in its language, so those who read it the wrong way might need to take some ESL classes :)

LOL. I know. I don't think people are understanding it and the whole "meal timing is irrelevant" has spiraled out of control. Meal frequency not being necessary to eat so often during the day is what I think has a lot to do with the mess. Basically meal frequency has morphed into meal timing. :D

sawoobley
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM
OP's 1st mistake is assuming that meal timing is irrelevant. On the contrary, it's VERY relevant. Timing just happens to have much less impact on results than hitting your macro totals for the day. This doesn't diminish the fact that people need to individualize their meal timing so that it maximizes their training performance (& does not hinder it). The latter manipulations vary widely, because people have different training protocols, goals, and tolerances. For example, some people experience their best training performance in an immediately fed state, while others do best in a semi-fasted or fasted state. Endurance athletes who neglect carbohydrate timing will not optimize their training capacity. Strength/power athletes with minimal endurance demands have much less of a concern for this. There's no way to 'universalize' a nutrient timing prescription that applies to everyone & all types of athletes. But to reiterate, macro totals for the day overshadow timing in terms of importance. If macro totals for the day are not hit, the most precisely neurotic timing of meals is all for sh!t.

Interpretation: Nutrient timing can be important (i.e. endurance training versus strength training) but for bodybuilders it is much less important and comes more down to personal preference. Hence the leangains protocol. If your one of the most elite strength/power athletes then timing might matter but for everyone else it is almost insignificant beyond their personal preference.

I think people are taking your sticky wrong. :( They always say meal timing isn't relevant, when they should be saying that it is not important as you overall daily cals/macros.

In a way it is irrelevant to most people's goals. We don't have a way of suggesting to people how they should time their meals as it is mainly personal preference unless they are endurance athletes. What's the point of worrying about nutrient timing when most people come here and are not hitting their macros or are doing a workout program that is not optimal for their level of training?

What's necessary or optimal postworkout varies widely with the individual sport/goal. There are many factors to consider, not the least of which is the lingering impact of a regular-sized meal on circulating substrate levels. Here's a post (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=678321011&postcount=722) that's worth reviewing, it covers a lot of the details you might be pondering.

Basically, the body is much better at adapting than we give it credit for and we have large windows of opportunity each day to get the nutrients for our body each day so we don't have to stress about it and narrow everything down to the nearest half an hour or hour.

The sticky is very explicit in its language, so those who read it the wrong way might need to take some ESL classes :)

The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing

* The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
* The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.

-->FAR more important

LOL. I know. I don't think people are understanding it and the whole "meal timing is irrelevant" has spiraled out of control. Meal frequency not being necessary to eat so often during the day is what I think has a lot to do with the mess. Basically meal frequency has morphed into meal timing. :D

If meal frequency is not very important each day than how important can meal timing really be for weight lifters?

nads786
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
There needs to be a comparison between someone who follows his macros and uses meal timing vs someone who only follows his macros for the day getting them in whatever order he/she please.

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 05:10 PM
What's necessary or optimal postworkout varies widely with the individual sport/goal. There are many factors to consider, not the least of which is the lingering impact of a regular-sized meal on circulating substrate levels. Here's a post that's worth reviewing, it covers a lot of the details you might be pondering.

Thanks, that is very interesting. Would it be a misunderstanding to say that you are saying that a solid pre-workout shake/meal for resistance training is even more important than a post-workout shake? Furthermore that a good 40 minutes (per the study quoted) before would be the best timing?

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 05:12 PM
In your case, it doesn't matter as long as your macro targets are nailed for the day. If you're specifically pushing your intake to the earlier part of the day to avoid eating a pre-bed meal, then that would be a nonsensical move.

For nutritional values perhaps, but a heavy digestion while sleeping can still affect other things such as the sleep cycle.

AlmostDecent
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
The flaw is obviously that the study was done on novice trainees beginning a new training routine... that's widely known to be a demographic that will have very significant gains in both strength and hypertrophy regardless of what they do. Correlation /= causation.

Also, soy and CHO are not even comparable to skim milk or whey if you are trying to spike leucine and activate mTOR. Soy does not provide a high enough concentration of leucine, and a CHO solution doesn't supply any leucine at all.

So there's your flaws.

Thanks.

Come at me bro
06-09-2011, 05:17 PM

1000 mg caffeine

nom nom nom

kmalz
06-09-2011, 05:33 PM
i am now dumber

AlwaysTryin
06-09-2011, 10:02 PM
strong rep beg

Exactly what I was thinking lol.

TheSprinter
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM

Everybody knows you never go full retard.

AlwaysTryin
06-10-2011, 04:15 PM
I think this just answered it, thanks Alan..

P.s reading your s**t constantly for the last year or so.. your Lej!

Definitely not, i don't bye into all that don't eat before bed myth.. i'd happily eat 2000cals before bed if i could..

Buy...

LiftHeavy85
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
since when does caffeine contain calories....holy dumbass batman

IamJonsCranium
06-10-2011, 08:17 PM
i am now dumber

More dumb.

(joking)

kusok
06-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Buy...

lolol

Edit: lol

FishChris
06-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, I wouldn't say that meal timing is ultra-critical...... But I wouldn't say that it means absolutely nothing, either.

And who said caffeine isn't food ? I eat so much of it, I have to use a spoon ;) Feels like a meal to me !

Fish

Sqwivivol
06-10-2011, 11:10 PM

you cant honestly be comparing a drug to a micronutrient

edit: ops was so taken aback that i didnt realise this thread has gone to 3 pages.. disregard..

Panzee
06-10-2011, 11:54 PM
if food timing is irrelevant, then how do you explain weight changes from morning to evening to night?

PR1MO
06-11-2011, 12:30 AM
if food timing is irrelevant, then how do you explain weight changes from morning to evening to night?

I fear if you googled this question you would break the internet

silly_sally808
06-11-2011, 12:34 AM
if food timing is irrelevant, how do you explain my poop timing?

IamJonsCranium
06-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Poop timing is based off of when you eat and what foods you eat. Think of it this way. If you're going to Grandma's house to visit, but you have all weekend and she has no plans, you can leave whenever you want. So the time you leave is irrelevant. But the time you leave is determines what time you arrive.

I just really wanted to give a serious answer to this question.

Cumulonimbus
06-11-2011, 10:50 AM
There needs to be a comparison between someone who follows his macros and uses meal timing vs someone who only follows his macros for the day getting them in whatever order he/she please.

There have been..

TheDarkKnight27
06-11-2011, 12:38 PM
oh lawd.

caffeine isn't a nutrient last time i checked.

IamJonsCranium
06-11-2011, 05:55 PM
1vxbMh8QMQ8

TheMatzah
06-14-2011, 01:32 PM
I fear if you googled this question you would break the internet

:pLOLz:p

you guys are hilarious!

MikeK46
06-14-2011, 02:42 PM
If food timing is irrelevant, how do you explain the fact that I'm an irritable, grouchy bastard when I haven't eaten for a really really long time?

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Shrederator
06-14-2011, 02:46 PM
If food timing is irrelevant, how do you explain the fact that I'm an irritable, grouchy bastard when I haven't eaten for a really really long time?

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

^ in for answers