PDA

View Full Version : Why did Lebron not attack tonight and last game?

jackedmayne
06-08-2011, 12:58 AM
There has to be a logical reason for this. Please no stupid Lebron sucks or Lebron is Jordan types of posts. It simply is beyond my comprehension. All he did was pass as soon as he got the ball. While Dallas had great defense, he has played against teams with great defense before, and he has atleast attempted to penetrate.

Even when his teammates had their hands on the ball, he did not approach the net... he just stayed back and watched.
Poor coaching by Spoelstra IMO, as can be garnered from the post-game press conference.

Fastforward7
06-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Coach Spo f*cked his mom.

Vigilante_Inc
06-08-2011, 01:09 AM
Dallas's defense was allowing hella points to other teams before this series and I cannot comprehend why the Heat aren't dropping 120 points a game on these fools. I mean the other teams were 1 trick show ponies and still putting up tons of points. It seems like everytime the Heat get a lead they relax.... like they expect Dirk to bend over and conceed.

Spo needs to get his head out of his ass and RELENTLESSLY ATTACK THE BASKET!

CarbGoo
06-08-2011, 01:54 AM
it's dat time of year in le QUIT'S world.
time 2 QUIT!!!

CarbGoo
06-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Dallas's defense was allowing hella points to other teams before this series and I cannot comprehend why the Heat aren't dropping 120 points a game on these fools. I mean the other teams were 1 trick show ponies and still putting up tons of points. It seems like everytime the Heat get a lead they relax.... like they expect Dirk to bend over and conceed.

LMFAO if u think "spo" runs dat team!!!
FUKIN puppet!

RekeDMC
06-08-2011, 01:59 AM
There has to be a logical reason for this. Please no stupid Lebron sucks or Lebron is Jordan types of posts. It simply is beyond my comprehension. All he did was pass as soon as he got the ball. While Dallas had great defense, he has played against teams with great defense before, and he has atleast attempted to penetrate.

Even when his teammates had their hands on the ball, he did not approach the net... he just stayed back and watched.
Poor coaching by Spoelstra IMO, as can be garnered from the post-game press conference.
he sux in the nba finals lol

mosy28
06-08-2011, 02:42 AM
He's a two way player. I suggest you go back and watch the game again.

sprinkles
06-08-2011, 04:00 AM
You can ask me a better question tomorrow.

GPx
06-08-2011, 04:02 AM

As in one night he plays with desire and another he wants to chill?

Tunechii
06-08-2011, 04:43 AM

aware lol

Hoop_Dreams
06-08-2011, 05:22 AM

Hella points?

They're only allowing 91.8 ppg during the playoffs. They've only allowed three games over 100, and that was all during the OKC series.

Their defense has been hella on point, breh.

J411
06-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Not a bron fan or hater. But, if you actually watch the games its pretty clear. Every time he gets the ball they either double him, or guard him in a way that forces him toward help if he wants to drive basically cutting off his driving ability. When you get double teamed, you pass it off because it means someone else is likely open.

Lethal04
06-08-2011, 07:55 AM

You are saying anything right now, stop.

Mavs didn't allow 100 until the conference finals and have allowed less than 90 9 times this playoffs so far.

BladeRun
06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I posted this in another thread as well. I think he's still adjusting to having other options.

In Cleveland he was the only option, so the choice was either do it yourself or hand the ball to a guy that is clearly several rungs below you on the talent ladder. As a result he was willing to drive it down the opponents throat more often than not. Now he's got real options, so rather than taking the tough shot he dumps it.

I think he's swung too far the opposite direction - he give it up too easily as soon as he sees a double team.

If Lebron ever figures that out and we start seeing 20-25 pts and 10+ assists from him per game consistently, the Heat will truly dominate.

Lethal04
06-08-2011, 08:03 AM
LeChoke

Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, but 8 points!

samarrand
06-08-2011, 08:12 AM

why did you shrink in the 4th quarter? uh uh uh

http://cache.sharenxs.com/images/wz/cabb/ai/ac/cb/a-/kobeonjmes.gif

jackedmayne
06-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Not a bron fan or hater. But, if you actually watch the games its pretty clear. Every time he gets the ball they either double him, or guard him in a way that forces him toward help if he wants to drive basically cutting off his driving ability. When you get double teamed, you pass it off because it means someone else is likely open.

Lebron's used to double teaming though... that happened constantly when he was on the Cavs.

m30wc0w
06-08-2011, 12:10 PM
it's because he's the GOAT brah

SwayWay
06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
Bad coaching, you have to switch up the plays when your star is not getting enough touches or shots off.

_TG_
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM

best answer

Vigilante_Inc
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
If we look at the playoffs as a whole they were averaging 92 points allowed to opponents per game.

As a season whole they were allowing about 96

And if we look over the last 10 games they were allowing opponents 96.6 pts per game.

I suppose that's not terrible that puts them in about the middle of the pack for the entire league and in the upper 3rd for play off teams. Dismal was the wrong word to use I suppose.