PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavs - The Comeback Kids

Lasers1
06-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Or rather, The Comeback Vets.

Never seen a team where I feel it's a given that they will fight back no matter how much they're down by. Against LA, Portland, OKC, and in every game against Miami, even in the 2 losses. They fall back by 8+, and come back in a matter of minutes. Also, I feel as if Dirk gets too much credit for the comebacks each time. If you watch the games, the 1 person that always sparks the comeback and never gives up is Tyson Chandler. Amazing energy and never gives up.

dtbrehm
06-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Tyson Chandler. Amazing energy and never gives up.

Yep, his effort was huge. He had an offensive rebound on three straight possessions down the stretch I think. He gets a ton of credit amongst Mavs fans.

bking10
06-07-2011, 10:24 PM
its all chandler, they get back into game on the defensive side and hes their anchor. if they didnt ahve him, they couldnt run that zone which is clutch for them

Lasers1
06-08-2011, 03:02 PM
its all chandler, they get back into game on the defensive side and hes their anchor. if they didnt ahve him, they couldnt run that zone which is clutch for them

He had a ridiculous amount of offensive boards last game. 9, I think

6-SPEED
06-08-2011, 03:15 PM
It's kind of hard to imagine Dallas can win this series with all comeback performances but they've almost done it. If Dirk made his last shot in game 4 the Heat would be facing elimination on Thurs... crazy if you think about it because the Heat have played better most of the time (first 3 quarters in all games).

dtbrehm
06-08-2011, 03:42 PM
It's kind of hard to image Dallas can win this series with all comeback performances but they've almost done it. If Dirk made his last shot in game 4 the Heat would be facing elimination on Thurs... crazy if you think about it because the Heat have played better most of the time (first 3 quarters in all games).

Yeah it's been a really close series. Second closest all time in the Finals after four games I think.
If anyone other than Dirk showed up in game 3, it could easily be 3-1 Dallas. If Miami played better down the stretch, it could easily be 4-0 Miami.

Dallas has outscored Miami in 6 of the 16 quarters, Miami has outscored Dallas in 6 of the 16 quarters, and the other 4 have been tied.

Lasers1
06-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Dallas has outscored Miami in 6 of the 16 quarters, Miami has outscored Dallas in 6 of the 16 quarters, and the other 4 have been tied.

Mind=blown

Marc936
06-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Or rather, The Comeback Vets.

Never seen a team where I feel it's a given that they will fight back no matter how much they're down by. Against LA, Portland, OKC, and in every game against Miami, even in the 2 losses. They fall back by 8+, and come back in a matter of minutes. Also, I feel as if Dirk gets too much credit for the comebacks each time. If you watch the games, the 1 person that always sparks the comeback and never gives up is Tyson Chandler. Amazing energy and never gives up.

brb lemme copy what the commentators said in the game

MuScleHeAd88
06-08-2011, 04:10 PM
in b4 Mavs win.

Marc936
06-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah it's been a really close series. Second closest all time in the Finals after four games I think.
If anyone other than Dirk showed up in game 3, it could easily be 3-1 Dallas. If Miami played better down the stretch, it could easily be 4-0 Miami.

same could be said if any of Dallas' role players took over their role Dallas would be 4-0.

That is why games are played.

Lasers1
06-08-2011, 04:22 PM
brb lemme copy what the commentators said in the game

I watch with the game muted, u mad? Can't stand the ball-washing of the Miami Heat that goes on.

Marc936
06-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I watch with the game muted, u mad? Can't stand the ball-washing of the Miami Heat that goes on.

dude Jeff Van Gundy lead a tirade on how Lebron should get fined 75k and suspended. I think you forget who nuthugs who.

Lasers1
06-08-2011, 04:37 PM
dude Jeff Van Gundy lead a tirade on how Lebron should get fined 75k and suspended. I think you forget who nuthugs who.

JVG keeps it real. Unfortunately, he's dangerously close to getting Stern'd. Mike Breen and Mark Jackson, however, have fastened themselves securely onto the balls of the "Big 3"