PDA

View Full Version : Iggy for Ellis trade rumors

PhiGreens
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
One of the top defenders and most well rounded players in the league for a glorified Lou Williams. Philly can get better, Monta just doesnt fit.

Philly fans whatchu think?

jimmyb6281
06-07-2011, 10:03 PM
One of the top defenders and most well rounded players in the league for a glorified Lou Williams. Philly can get better, Monta just doesnt fit.

Philly fans whatchu think?

Not from philly...but I guess its a ok trade for both teams.

skizz
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
its a good trade for both but the warriors need another big instead of iggy

jimmyb6281
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Imo it doesnt matter...I dont see these teams contending for the title any time soon..

PhiGreens
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Imo it doesnt matter...I dont see these teams contending for the title any time soon..

brb

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Good center for Iggy?

Prepare thy angus

Luno7
06-07-2011, 10:29 PM

brb

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Good center for Iggy?

Prepare thy angus

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2PlmNzkMWXI/TMUEQH_ouTI/AAAAAAAAAMM/RQXm7rkLlgo/s1600/noah_rose_boozer_giggles.jpg

theworkingman34
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
A trade that would make sense for both teams

But seems kind of a panic rebuilding mode move for the Warriors, Ellis is a great scorer, you can get more than that but either way a good trade.

Philly wins this trade IMO

MooseLaddin
06-08-2011, 01:23 AM
As a GSW fan, exactly the type of trade was need. I think Calling Ellis a glorified Lou Williams is pretty harsh, but say what you wish. Iggy is what we need point-forward lock down defender at SG/SF can rack up assists and rebounds like nothing as well as steals and hit clutch shots. He'd be sick for us, but we need a million moves to correct the shyt storm that was built under Don Nelson

BasedPrincess
06-08-2011, 01:31 AM
ellis can close, iggy can't

BalboaTHEbeasT
06-08-2011, 01:45 AM
As a W's fan, please god no. Ellis is far and away the best player we have. We don't need anymore wing players. We need an inside presence. If Monta gets traded for anyone it should be an elite center/post player *cough* D Howard *cough*

the-truth
06-08-2011, 01:50 AM
As a W's fan, please god no. Ellis is far and away the best player we have. We don't need anymore wing players. We need an inside presence. If Monta gets traded for anyone it should be an elite center/post player *cough* D Howard *cough*

keep dreaming

dwight is walking out of orlando and to LA

(semi srs, hopefully)

3000RT
06-08-2011, 01:51 AM

brb trading the only guy who can create his own shot while having a high % doing it.
Better bench without Jeremy Lin, Amundson no Radmonovic or Bell. Replace with players who can create their own shot with solid defense. Post up Udoh. Let Lee bring it up the court some times. almost guaranteed playoff 8th seed.

and draft Marcus Morris

Pretty Boy Floyd
06-08-2011, 01:53 AM
brb

Jrue
Turner
Thad
Brand
Good center for Iggy?

Prepare thy angus

LOL you funny guy!

They wont make it to the 2nd round for the next few years and then Brand will be gone

good trade for GSW! They need a glue guy like him and Curry and others can easily pick up the scoring lost from Ellis

I guess Philly wants Thad to start at SF and they do need scoring help which Monte will come in and provide right away

good trade both ways IMO

melanimal_old
06-08-2011, 01:54 AM
just get rid of Iggy.

BalboaTHEbeasT
06-08-2011, 02:41 AM
keep dreaming

dwight is walking out of orlando and to LA

(semi srs, hopefully)
I am dreaming. I just wish Lacob could talk Howard into coming here and starting his own legacy, not falling into Kobes/Gasols.

brb trading the only guy who can create his own shot while having a high % doing it.
Better bench without Jeremy Lin, Amundson no Radmonovic or Bell. Replace with players who can create their own shot with solid defense. Post up Udoh. Let Lee bring it up the court some times. almost guaranteed playoff 8th seed.

and draft Marcus Morris
True, I'd honestly rather trade Curry but if we can keep them both and establish an inside presence I'd be ok with that. Hopefully Morris could do that. Inside game and tough D is all thats keeping us from being a legit playoff team, not a lucky 8th seed.

DCocK
06-08-2011, 06:15 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2PlmNzkMWXI/TMUEQH_ouTI/AAAAAAAAAMM/RQXm7rkLlgo/s1600/noah_rose_boozer_giggles.jpg

http://www.uimages.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/miami-heat-big-3-315f356bea1877ed.jpg

Dennis71
06-08-2011, 07:40 AM
as a 76'ers fan

ill take a pack of bubble gum if it means getting rid of iguodala

PhiGreens
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
just get rid of Iggy.

Eagles - Phillies - Clippers

Wut.

as a 76'ers fan

ill take a pack of bubble gum if it means getting rid of iguodala

We can get better though.. We need a center. We didnt draft ET to be a bench player and thats what hes going to be if we get monta.

I guess the team is going in a different direction. Last year we were a team based around defense and sharing the ball. Monta is just the opposite of that

PhiGreens
06-08-2011, 01:41 PM
LOL you funny guy!

They wont make it to the 2nd round for the next few years and then Brand will be gone

I can see them beating a team like the Hawks and possibly the Magic in the first round. Name one hole in that starting 5. Its a solid lineup if we can just get good defensive center that can rebound

IllPhill
06-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Probably should worry about getting a starting center not named Spencer Hawes