PDA

View Full Version : Who should I root for in the NHL next year? (no DH)

bbacn123
06-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Background:

From Atlanta and was planning on watching/attending more NHL in the upcoming season after watching a good bit toward the end of this season. Well, that ship has sailed obviously because I don't have a f*cking team any more so who am I supposed to root for? Literally?

I guess Nashville is the closest to me now. I dont even know if I'll get the games here though so that kinda sucks. Or I could be a Hurricanes fan which is probably a little further than Nashville but maybe in my region still.

No DH. Serious thread. Who would you migrate to, Predators or Canes?

cor030
06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Canes. Very bright future.

Yes my homer goggles are on.

Mac_xX
06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Well the Preds are a better team than the Canes if thats what you want. The Canes do have one of the best rookies in the league though, along with one of the best forwards.

bbacn123
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Which team is more exciting?

Basically which team has a Mike Vick type player that will captivate my attention.

Mac_xX
06-07-2011, 09:42 PM

Basically which team has a Mike Vick type player that will captivate my attention.

Canes. Preds play a boring, defensive game.

samcanadian
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM

I think you'd better stick with the Thrashers here in Winnipeg dude. We'd love to keep you on board.

Go Jets Go

RudeKong
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM
if you root for the preds you will be one of my sworn enemies. choose wisely.

jurassic5
06-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I'm in the same situation OP... why aren't you considering the bolts? Stamkos is sick

GetBigyo
06-07-2011, 10:05 PM

Canes.

Preds have the best D combo in Weber/Suter but are kind of boring offensively.

Canes have Staal and a future star in Skinner. (63 points as an 18 year old rookie C this season)

eMan0n
06-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Buffalo Sabres

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Michael+Grier+Buffalo+Sabres+v+Florida+Panthers+pT MgS-UZCzpl.jpg

bbacn123
06-07-2011, 10:10 PM
if you root for the preds you will be one of my sworn enemies. choose wisely.

Don't even recognize the username brah....so....yeah....

I'm in the same situation OP... why aren't you considering the bolts? Stamkos is sick

I dunno lol

AlexBrovechkin
06-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Caps. Hop on board.

thegenerel
06-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Canes. solid team. close to Duke. Eric Staal is one of the best, Jeff Skinner was one of the top goal scorers as an 18 year old.

If you want a Mike Vick type player, there are only a few guys that are as electric as he is. Basically Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos. I will gladly welcome you as a Penguin fan.

funny you mention this, on a big hockey website, all the Trasher fans had a 'draft' where they were assigned to new teams to root for.

kubakuba
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
Canes. solid team. close to Duke. Eric Staal is one of the best, Jeff Skinner was one of the top goal scorers as an 18 year old.

If you want a Mike Vick type player, there are only a few guys that are as electric as he is. Basically Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos. I will gladly welcome you as a Penguin fan.

funny you mention this, on a big hockey website, all the Trasher fans had a 'draft' where they were assigned to new teams to root for.

Uhhmm.. Let's no forgot the wizard known as sir Pavel Datysuk.. No one more electric than the best dangler in the game. Sure he doesn't score as often as some of those guys you mentioned but he'd skate circles around all of them and pull some wizardy teleportation shiz

brb_ballin
06-07-2011, 10:48 PM
I like the Canes.. Cam Ward is great in net and Skinner and Staal are a great 1-2