PDA

View Full Version : ***The 2011 NHL Off Season Discussion Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 06:54 PM
This can be the area for all general hockey discussion, free from the epic homerism. Carry on.

The 2011 Stanley Cup Finals can still be discussed! But this is for fans of hockey, not either team specifically in hopes of an open, non biased discussion.

Also, this thread will include copious amounts of hot chicks.

JM2412
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
1st.

Flyers have the rights to Bryzgalov. **** may be getting real in Philly next season, assuming they can sign him.

Please sign him, Homer.

He's going to cost a pretty penny so I see:

1. Leino not getting resigned.
2. Trading Carle or Versteeg (maybe Hartnell).

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:01 PM
1st.

Please sign him, Homer.

He's going to cost a pretty penny so I see:

1. Leino not getting resigned.
2. Trading Carle or Versteeg (maybe Hartnell).I'd be fine with all of the above. Only problem is Laviolette hates russians, which may be a hangup. I know Bryz and Zherdev are buddies. He would make a GREAT mentor for Bobrovsky, though, especially since he speaks russian and can help teach him the north american game.

thegenerel
06-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Matt Clackson is by far the most valuable player in this deal.

kidding. he wasnt even the best player on our HS team

JM2412
06-07-2011, 07:06 PM
^^lolol.

I'd be fine with all of the above. Only problem is Laviolette hates russians, which may be a hangup. I know Bryz and Zherdev are buddies. He would make a GREAT mentor for Bobrovsky, though, especially since he speaks russian and can help teach him the north american game.
Agreed.

I've been waiting a long time for the Flyers to get a #1 goalie (which Bryz is). I thought they could get by with underwhelming goalies but I've changed my view on that.

thegenerel
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I'd be fine with all of the above. Only problem is Laviolette hates russians, which may be a hangup. I know Bryz and Zherdev are buddies. He would make a GREAT mentor for Bobrovsky, though, especially since he speaks russian and can help teach him the north american game.

Bryz was dealt because he wants to be paid. Perfect fit for a team without any cap space!

magicmatt
06-07-2011, 07:07 PM
do you guys think the b's will take tomorrow nights game too?

GetBigyo
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome to NY Brad Richards.

http://www.dissensionmedia.com/wallpapers/images/B_Richards/B_Richards_002_600x375.jpg

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Bryz was dealt because he wants to be paid. Perfect fit for a team without any cap space!http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm6.gif

And to a team with a GM and coach who hate Russian players. Match made in heaven.

We need to dump a lot of dead weight. Like fuking Hartnell. Thats 5mil a year right there.

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:12 PM
do you guys think the b's will take tomorrow nights game too?I definitely think they do, but more along the lines of a 3-2 or 4-3 score. A much tighter game from Van, but still can't compete with the energy the building will have. That is, unless they get the crowd out of it early.

http://www.dissensionmedia.com/wallpapers/images/B_Richards/B_Richards_002_600x375.jpg**** getting realer. Who leaves to make that cap room?

thegenerel
06-07-2011, 07:15 PM
NHL/Wimmen thread

Choose 1
http://i.imgur.com/wh6Mq.jpg

OR

http://i.imgur.com/D9Rlf.jpg

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:21 PM
^^ I feel like either one could accidentally rip my dick off

thegenerel
06-07-2011, 07:27 PM
^^ I feel like either one could accidentally rip my dick off

would that really be THAT bad?

magicmatt
06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
I definitely think they do, but more along the lines of a 3-2 or 4-3 score. A much tighter game from Van, but still can't compete with the energy the building will have. That is, unless they get the crowd out of it early.

lol i was just trollin

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
lol i was just trollinI know but I figured it would come up eventually from someone else so we could use it to spark the discussion.

nyr469
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
FECK man this sucks royal...the worst nightmare of everyone else in the east, the flyers after 17 years bought a clue and realized you need a goalie...flyers with an actual star goal = prepare your anuses eastern conference.

taking a quick look at the flyers cap situation on capgeek.com. right now they have 18 players signed with $430k in cap space. add bobrovsky's $1.75 mil since you don't need him and thats 2.18 mil. cap is expected to go up go up to $63.5 mil before the draft. if that happens that raises the cap space to $6.28 mil (plus another $6.35 mil for the 10% cap cushion).

lets say bryzgalov signs for $5.25 mil/year, if you then waive shelley and fill the remaining salaries at or around the league minimum it would be pretty close. might fit but i think another salary would have to be cleared. and you'd have to let go of leino, o'donnell, powe, nodl, carcillo and zherdev who are all unsigned...

the easier route and the smarter route is the rumor of carter to columbus...to complete my worst nightmare scenario they will trade jeff carter to columbus for the 8th overall pick plus more. in the process clear plenty of cap space and get a stud young player.

FECK

GetBigyo
06-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I definitely think they do, but more along the lines of a 3-2 or 4-3 score. A much tighter game from Van, but still can't compete with the energy the building will have. That is, unless they get the crowd out of it early.

**** getting realer. Who leaves to make that cap room?
There will be enough cap room to sign him.

Richards wants NY, NY wants Richards.

He'll be a Ranger in the summer.

nyr469
06-07-2011, 07:44 PM

**** getting realer. Who leaves to make that cap room?

rangers have a bunch of cap space coming off the books...boogaard, frolov, fedotenko, prospal (thats $8 mil), plus the cap goes up. they will likely buyout drury (wished he would show some class like naslund and retire) which clears another 3.3 mil

the key to the equation is how much will take to sign their RFAs--dubinsky, callahan, anisimov, boyle and sauer. if those 5 are signed to reasonable contracts then they should have plenty of space for richards (possible without even buying out drury). having space for richards AND improve the team anywhere else is another story.

ChaseW
06-07-2011, 07:52 PM
FECK man this sucks royal...the worst nightmare of everyone else in the east, the flyers after 17 years bought a clue and realized you need a goalie...flyers with an actual star goal = prepare your anuses eastern conference.

taking a quick look at the flyers cap situation on capgeek.com. right now they have 18 players signed with $430k in cap space. add bobrovsky's $1.75 mil since you don't need him and thats 2.18 mil. cap is expected to go up go up to $63.5 mil before the draft. if that happens that raises the cap space to $6.28 mil (plus another $6.35 mil for the 10% cap cushion).

lets say bryzgalov signs for $5.25 mil/year, if you then waive shelley and fill the remaining salaries at or around the league minimum it would be pretty close. might fit but i think another salary would have to be cleared. and you'd have to let go of leino, o'donnell, powe, nodl, carcillo and zherdev who are all unsigned...

the easier route and the smarter route is the rumor of carter to columbus...to complete my worst nightmare scenario they will trade jeff carter to columbus for the 8th overall pick plus more. in the process clear plenty of cap space and get a stud young player.

FECKhttp://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/DjyhD.gif

GetBigyo
06-07-2011, 07:57 PM
rangers have a bunch of cap space coming off the books...boogaard, frolov, fedotenko, prospal (thats $8 mil), plus the cap goes up. they will likely buyout drury (wished he would show some class like naslund and retire) which clears another 3.3 mil

the key to the equation is how much will take to sign their RFAs--dubinsky, callahan, anisimov, boyle and sauer. if those 5 are signed to reasonable contracts then they should have plenty of space for richards (possible without even buying out drury). having space for richards AND improve the team anywhere else is another story.
I'd even let Boyle walk too.

He had a good year but I don't see him ever living up to that again. I'd rather give Feds another 1-2 year deal if it works after getting Richards.

Ralph Wiggum
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/facepalm6.gif

And to a team with a GM and coach who hate Russian players. Match made in heaven.

We need to dump a lot of dead weight. Like fuking Hartnell. Thats 5mil a year right there.

Hartnell, Carle, O'Donnell, Shelley, Versteeg and Carter any of them should go.. preferably all of them.

nyr469
06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I'd even let Boyle walk too.

He had a good year but I don't see him ever living up to that again. I'd rather give Feds another 1-2 year deal if it works after getting Richards.

they could have both boyle and feds back...but letting boyle go wouldn't save much $$ considering he could triple his salary and still be under $1.6 mil.

big question with boyle is do you think last year was a fluke or was last year a former 1st round pick finally putting it together and breaking out. boyle is 2 years away from UFA status, so i think it works out nicely for both sides to sign him to a 2 year deal. that gives boyle 2 years to show last year was legit and cash in big time as a ufa. and if it was a fluke rangers are only committed to 2 years...something like 2 years, $1.2 mil/year (which more than doubles his salary).

i'd also consider trying him on LW so he can get top 9 minutes (if they sign richards).

my magic # for those 5 RFAs is under $12 mil combined...if they can sign them for under that amount (which i think is realistic) then they will be in pretty good space from a cap standpoint and might not even need to buyout drury.

thegenerel
06-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Really interesting to see how this offseason plays out. We wont see another Blackhawks scenario, but the Flyers making moves. At this point (imo) Holmgren has backed himself into a corner, trading away all their top draft picks/prospects, and if he cant sign and win a Cup with Bryz, then he will be out of a job. I think this was as much personal desperation as it is filling a need.

LVI
06-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Oil have the 1st pick again and rumour is we are going after Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 08:46 AM
Really interesting to see how this offseason plays out. We wont see another Blackhawks scenario, but the Flyers making moves. At this point (imo) Holmgren has backed himself into a corner, trading away all their top draft picks/prospects, and if he cant sign and win a Cup with Bryz, then he will be out of a job. I think this was as much personal desperation as it is filling a need.He's gotta know his job is on the line. Just making the playoffs isn't acceptable. I think trading Carter and breaking up the "core" of phantoms Calder cup winners will be the best thing for the team. Getting rid of Richards bff John Stevens was step one, now breaking up richie and carter will help to get distractions out of the room. And I REALLY want to keep Zherdev. Everyone else who is a ufa/rfa/one year left can gtfo for all I care.

Mr. Manlet
06-08-2011, 08:55 AM
coyotes made a good move.

First bryz wants 7mil a year 8 year contract with a no move clause....ya bull****

Second.....he choked bigtime in the playoffs for us

polibear
06-08-2011, 09:23 AM

First bryz wants 7mil a year 8 year contract with a no move clause....ya bull****

two years in a row he choked.i read this am coyotes wont sign clackson.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 09:29 AM

Second.....he choked bigtime in the playoffs for usgod damnit.

nyr469
06-08-2011, 09:34 AM

holy crap. is that legit on his contract demands?? thats insane

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
holy crap. is that legit on his contract demands?? thats insane

Probably. And holmgren is banking on people not knowing that, so he looks like he's making these big steps forward, but in reality has no chance of signing him. It's the flyers, what was I thinking getting excited.

nyr469
06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Oil have the 1st pick again and rumour is we are going after Ryan Nugent-Hopkins.

RNH should be a great pick...people seemed to think he isn't nhl ready and would go back to juniors (which hasn't happened with a 1st overall pick since i think 06 with erik johnson. but long term should be a great pick. oilers also have the 19th pick from the penner deal.

could be a big draft day for the avs who have the #2 and #11 picks...

it should be an interesting draft...most people agree on the top 7-8 guys but then its wide open from there and a guy you'd pick at 10 might still be around at 20. that often means its a bad draft but the unknown could be entertaining.

thegenerel
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
so the Flyers trade Matt Clackson, but the Coyotes wont resign him?

why even include him in this deal?

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
so the Flyers trade Matt Clackson, but the Coyotes wont resign him?

why even include him in this deal?To include in another deal.

thegenerel
06-08-2011, 10:23 AM
To include in another deal.

Just realized this - it frees up a spot in the organization to sign their prospects.

I dont know who would trade for Clackson though, I doubt he is even worth a 7th rounder.

Mac_xX
06-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Flyers getting Bryz is going to complete that team. East, I'd be scared.

JM2412
06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
I think Bryz asked that much from the Coyotes because he didn't really want to play there anymore (from what I've heard). The ownership isn't really stable in Phoenix and he would want top dollar just to stay there.

I think and I'm hoping the Flyers will get him for $5-6 million (and multiple years).

Ralph Wiggum
06-08-2011, 10:39 AM

Brzy also played on a not-so-great team.

I bet he would sign with another team for less than that.

Rexy
06-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Blackhawks fan checking in. Looking forward to a full season of Ben Smith

and a full season of a third line of Bickell-Bolland-Frolik

line was bomb in da playoffs

Mr. Manlet
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Brzy also played on a not-so-great team.

I bet he would sign with another team for less than that.

true...idk he is the reason the coyotes got swept in the playoffs vs detroit.

thegenerel
06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
true...idk he is the reason the coyotes got swept in the playoffs vs detroit.

I think the free agent goalie market will play out differently than most expect...I could see the demand for goaltending be less than expected, as many teams arent willing to shell out top dollar for good, not great goaltending. look at Nabokov, didnt even sign last year. One would assume he is more desirable than most starting goalies.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Thoughts on tonights game?

umadlol76563
06-08-2011, 06:27 PM
In. Hiller still has his vertigo symptoms. Some are saying he wont be ready for the 2012 season, i hope he gets better, he was one of the best goalies this season

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 06:36 PM
In. Hiller still has his vertigo symptoms. Some are saying he wont be ready for the 2012 season, i hope he gets better, he was one of the best goalies this seasonWhat happened to him? I never knew what caused his absence, but that really sucks. He's soooooo nasty.

umadlol76563
06-08-2011, 06:41 PM
What happened to him? I never knew what caused his absence, but that really sucks. He's soooooo nasty.

Sudden vertigo symptoms, disorientation, dizzyness, and off-balanceness(?)

Just read the paragraphs in the quotes here

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/jonas-hillers-vertigo-like-problems-continue/

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Sudden vertigo symptoms, disorientation, dizzyness, and off-balanceness(?)

Just read the paragraphs in the quotes here

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/09/jonas-hillers-vertigo-like-problems-continue/That's so weird/scary it just happened out of nowhere. Would be such a shame if his career was over :(

pkahnman
06-08-2011, 06:45 PM

http://www.dissensionmedia.com/wallpapers/images/B_Richards/B_Richards_002_600x375.jpg

yayyy

compan
06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Flyers getting Bryz is going to complete that team. East, I'd be scared.

I would be more nervous if this year's playoff performance didn't happen. However, they honestly could not get worse. What is their cap space looking like now? Has to be getting a little tight.

Also, Fack the Oils with two first overalls in 2 years. Pens of he future? Highly unlikely, but they will be something.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 07:04 PM
I would be more nervous if this year's playoff performance didn't happen. However, they honestly could not get worse. What is their cap space looking like now? Has to be getting a little tight.

Also, Fack the Oils with two first overalls in 2 years. Pens of he future? Highly unlikely, but they will be something.Look where Boston is after their epic collapse last year. Expect some big names to be leaving, a lot like Boston I believe there will be a lot of new faces on the flyers next season.

Also, the flyers lead EC for months and were flip flopping with Van for the league lead for a while It's not like they're terrible. There were a lot of people playing with serious injuries towards the end. 7 players went into surgery within a week of the PHI/BOS series ending.

Also, everyone saw how much better Bobrovsky is than Boucher. Yet he kept starting. So much fail.

compan
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Look where Boston is after their epic collapse last year. Expect some big names to be leaving, a lot like Boston I believe there will be a lot of new faces on the flyers next season.

Also, the flyers lead EC for months and were flip flopping with Van for the league lead for a while It's not like they're terrible. There were a lot of people playing with serious injuries towards the end. 7 players went into surgery within a week of the PHI/BOS series ending.

Who on the Flyers do you most expect to be gone before the season starts? For the Bruins, I am guessing Ryder and Kaberle find another team unless they take a pay cut.

brandon2743
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
In on this.

I really hope Toronto finally gets a first line center.
If Reimer can repeat last season, and they find someone to play with Kessel, I think they'll be good to go for next season.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Who on the Flyers do you most expect to be gone before the season starts? For the Bruins, I am guessing Ryder and Kaberle find another team unless they take a pay cut.Carter, Leino, Versteeg, Powe, Nodl, Carcillo, Shelley, and hopefully Hartnell. And obviously Brian Boucher. srs.

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 07:21 PM
This thread will also include lots of titties. Just fyi.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/ypamandaoregon037842.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/s183ys.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/2dvv9xd.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/jKsr8.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/161393218.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/fbc104.jpg

GetBigyo
06-08-2011, 07:23 PM
^^^Im in love.

Moar of girl on left in 1st pic.

compan
06-08-2011, 07:54 PM
^^^Im in love.

Moar of girl on left in 1st pic.

and last pic

compan
06-08-2011, 08:09 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/06/08/sp-nhl-oilers-tambellini.html

ahhh shiit. could get interesting.

pkahnman
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I like that one girl but its to bad she got tattoos all over her fingers n arms

wtf was she thinking

ChaseW
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I like that one girl but its to bad she got tattoos all over her fingers n arms

wtf was she thinkingI could deal

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/k221k6.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/2604vg4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/208xw8p.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/2zgyjr5.jpg

I could also look past them on this girl.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/Alloymx428/bullyq.jpg

JM2412
06-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg.

Dis sho am good.

thegenerel
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
oh man...I wont even look at the other thread right now.

thegenerel
06-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Pens resign Craig Adams. 2 yrs/675k each year

solid move. will be interesting to see who remains out of Rupp/Talbot/Dupuis. One or two of them wont return.

GetBigyo
06-09-2011, 02:36 PM
New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather is prepared to buy out the final season of Chris Drury's five-year, $35.25 million contract, according to a report in the New York Daily News, which cites an anonymous source.

"He's gone," the source told the Daily News.

The move will save the Rangers $3.3 million against next season's salary cap and cost them $1.6 million in 2012-13. If they also buy out winger Wojtek Wolski -- which also would save $3.3 million next season (and $666,667 in 2012-13) -- the Rangers would have enough money to possibly pursue Dallas Stars center Brad Richards and other top-flight free agents.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

nyr469
06-09-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/yesjacknicholson.gif

brooks says they won't buy out wolski...and also says we aren't getting richards but really didn't explain

GetBigyo
06-09-2011, 03:07 PM
brooks says they won't buy out wolski...and also says we aren't getting richards but really didn't explain
I think I read the piece about Richards.

He really had no info except claiming Richards' price range was too much which he backed up with no legitamite source. His stories are hit or miss and most of the time just negative pieces.

thegenerel
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
so with Drury:

save 3.3M in 2011/12, costs 1.6 in 12/13

so its basically 1.6M saved (total). and fill his spot with a 3/4 Center, and its not THAT much saved in the end.

thegenerel
06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
thread title should be "Atlantic Division chat: There is no one else that cares and the bandwagoners are in the other thread"

ChaseW
06-09-2011, 04:15 PM
thread title should be "Atlantic Division chat: There is no one else that cares and the bandwagoners are in the other thread"Lmao almost true, however I have on good authority that there is a ducks fan somewhere among us.

compan
06-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Regardless of the outcome of the finals, I hope the Bruins can make some moves this off-season. Ryder at $4 mil again will likely not happen (probably less $ or no resigning). I am sure Kaberle has a good shot to go to the FA which would leave us with some cap space to work with.

#9 overall pick and wouldn't be surprised to see Spooner or Knight crack the line-up like Caron did this season. Plus Seguin with a year under his belt...Bruins could be better next season than this season.

brandon2743
06-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Leafs resign Reimer, 3 years 5.4mil

nyr469
06-09-2011, 05:23 PM
I think I read the piece about Richards.

He really had no info except claiming Richards' price range was too much which he backed up with no legitamite source. His stories are hit or miss and most of the time just negative pieces.

the mention today on twitter was that from what he has heard the rangers aren't his top choice.

GetBigyo
06-09-2011, 05:27 PM
the mention today on twitter was that from what he has heard the rangers aren't his top choice.
I think TB is his 1st choice but I don't think Yzerman is going to spend the money on something they really don't need. They need a Goalie and have to pay Stamkos along with money tied up in him and two other C in MSL and Lecalvier.

I still think he'll be a Ranger by August. 6/42 mill would be my guess.

ChaseW
06-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Bump for game 5

rsk721
06-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Regardless of the outcome of the finals, I hope the Bruins can make some moves this off-season. Ryder at $4 mil again will likely not happen (probably less $ or no resigning). I am sure Kaberle has a good shot to go to the FA which would leave us with some cap space to work with.

#9 overall pick and wouldn't be surprised to see Spooner or Knight crack the line-up like Caron did this season. Plus Seguin with a year under his belt...Bruins could be better next season than this season.

Kaberle might be better off as a free agent, he's been a bust for us in terms what we gave up. Recchi may/may not be back and hopefully Seguin gets more time with more talented guys, he's shown flashes of being great.

neilsabo
06-10-2011, 08:01 PM
in b4 sharks desperately try to get dany heatley to void his NTC andunload him for $0.10 on the dollar

thegenerel
06-10-2011, 08:30 PM
in b4 sharks desperately try to get dany heatley to void his NTC andunload him for $0.10 on the dollar

he is a bad deal, who wants that?

LVI
06-11-2011, 08:46 AM
It looks like the Oil arent afraid to talk trade with teams for the 1st overall pick. According to the blog i read,the 2 possible teams to trade with the Oil for this pick could be the Winnipeg club or the Columbus Blue Jackets.

IsoMaxx
06-11-2011, 12:40 PM
It looks like the Oil arent afraid to talk trade with teams for the 1st overall pick. According to the blog i read,the 2 possible teams to trade with the Oil for this pick could be the Winnipeg club or the Columbus Blue Jackets.

We'll trade you Corey Schneider for the #1 pick :)

Jaroctor
06-11-2011, 12:42 PM
AK46 for 3.25m and mathieu Darche for 700k. Me gusta? Te gusta?

thegenerel
06-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Even though the top prospect is still up for debate, RNH is worthy of the 1st pick and he fills a need. Unless the Oil do not think he going to reach his potential, then they should take him.

For what it would take to jump up to the #1 pick in any sport, why do it this year? I bet the top 4 is projected differently by a lot of people. Its very possible that they guy a team wants could be had at 3/4.

Columbus - dont see why. they really arent that bad of a team, they are buried in their division/conference.

Winnipeg - I wonder how much of this is to make a splash with the new fans.

SoccerAthlete
06-11-2011, 12:51 PM
I really hope the Leafs land Richards or even Stamkos, from what I'm hearing.

mattd16y8
06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
waiting for my Flames to sign Tanguay.....

thegenerel
06-11-2011, 12:57 PM

Stamkos isnt leaving Tampa.

VTheKing
06-11-2011, 01:00 PM

Yzerman would need to be naked, on roofies and held at gunpoint to trade Stamkos to anyone. With St. Louis in the same team he's a goal-scoring machine.

Lots of teams will throw plenty at Richards so don't expect any guarantees from anyone.

samcanadian
06-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Even though the top prospect is still up for debate, RNH is worthy of the 1st pick and he fills a need. Unless the Oil do not think he going to reach his potential, then they should take him.

For what it would take to jump up to the #1 pick in any sport, why do it this year? I bet the top 4 is projected differently by a lot of people. Its very possible that they guy a team wants could be had at 3/4.

Columbus - dont see why. they really arent that bad of a team, they are buried in their division/conference.

Winnipeg - I wonder how much of this is to make a splash with the new fans.

As a Winnipeg Fan (soon to be) I think that Cheveldayoff has a vision hammered out already. I'm not sure if trading for a #1 pick is in the cards right now, considering what we might have to give up in a roster we're not even sure about yet.

Since the top 10 prospects have been in a constant state of flux, I wouldn't be surprised if we just stay tight. There's not a huge gap between the top 5 and the bottom 5, nevermind the top one or two picks.

SoccerAthlete
06-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Stamkos isnt leaving Tampa.

Just the 2 names I've heard flying around on TSN mobile.

moto46
06-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Heard it too, but i doubt he will. Think richards will end up here or tampa some how. He said it would be nice to play here as alot of family etc. Just have to wait till july i think.

thegenerel
06-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Just the 2 names I've heard flying around on TSN mobile.

I think that is just chatter, to get Stamkos it would require him signing a HUGE tender that Tampa would take the picks instead of matching.

6.2M-7.8 gets 2 1s, a 2, and a 3

7.8+ gets 4 1sts.

My guess is that Stamkos would get at least 8M/yr with a RFA deal.

thegenerel
06-11-2011, 01:46 PM
because the people here are far less likely to flip out, I will share this

http://i.imgur.com/LZtmZ.jpg

JM2412
06-11-2011, 02:11 PM
lol nice find.

Some rumors/speculation about Carter being shipped off to Columbus for Voracek and the 8th overall pick in this years draft.

I'm not too keen on trading Carter; I would rather trade Carle or Versteeg away first...

But Voracek still has quite a bit of upside and if he would be on the JVR-Giroux line..fap fap fap. And the system desperately needs some young talent.

But IDK what the hell is going to happen. We'll see.

VTheKing
06-11-2011, 02:17 PM
lol nice find.

Some rumors/speculation about Carter being shipped off to Columbus for Voracek and the 8th overall pick in this years draft.

I'm not too keen on trading Carter; I would rather trade Carle or Versteeg away first...

But Voracek still has quite a bit of upside and if he would be on the JVR-Giroux line..fap fap fap. And the system desperately needs some young talent.

But IDK what the hell is going to happen. We'll see.

For Columbus' sake I hope they don't do that trade. Granted it'd be cool to have a #1 center but they simply don't have depth in the wings to afford to trade Voracek, let alone an 8th as well! And God helps if Jeff "bro" Carter decides that he can't help lift the team into playoff contention and starts losing form.

nyr469
06-11-2011, 02:40 PM
I think that is just chatter, to get Stamkos it would require him signing a HUGE tender that Tampa would take the picks instead of matching.

6.2M-7.8 gets 2 1s, a 2, and a 3

7.8+ gets 4 1sts.

My guess is that Stamkos would get at least 8M/yr with a RFA deal.

stamkos deserves $8M/yr from tb without an offer sheet....and offer sheet to get them not to match would have to be even more. offer sheet he could be looking at a ovechkin type deal...12-13 years, $100+ mil (ov's cap hit is $9.5 mil).

and for the record i'd give up 4 1st rounders for him in a heart beat cause i know my team would never draft someone that good

thegenerel
06-11-2011, 02:52 PM
stamkos deserves $8M/yr from tb without an offer sheet....and offer sheet to get them not to match would have to be even more. offer sheet he could be looking at a ovechkin type deal...12-13 years, $100+ mil (ov's cap hit is $9.5 mil).

and for the record i'd give up 4 1st rounders for him in a heart beat cause i know my team would never draft someone that good

pretty much the same point. I see him getting at least 8M a year, and the Bolts would certainly match that amount.

a team that is a regular contender (if they could make the $$$ work) it would be worth considering, but no way would I do it if its a team entering a rebuild. (as in top 5/10 picks)

ChaseW
06-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Bump for game 6 brahs

nyr469
06-15-2011, 10:29 AM
anyone know where i can download a copy of the iss draft guide? don't feel like paying $50 for it...tried searching but any site i thought might have it wanted a paid subscription

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 10:35 AM
anyone know where i can download a copy of the iss draft guide? don't feel like paying $50 for it...tried searching but any site i thought might have it wanted a paid subscription

hmmm, maybe one of the torrent sites? you might find someone on HF, but knowing their rules, any public discussion will get shut down.

I went to Barnes and Noble to get the Hockey News draft guide (I realize newer, better info is free online) but they only had the Future Watch which was published in February and was supposed to be taken off the shelves by May 31st. Lame!

nyr469
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
hmmm, maybe one of the torrent sites? you might find someone on HF, but knowing their rules, any public discussion will get shut down.

I went to Barnes and Noble to get the Hockey News draft guide (I realize newer, better info is free online) but they only had the Future Watch which was published in February and was supposed to be taken off the shelves by May 31st. Lame!

i read the hockey news one but that doesn't really go in depth just a quick blurb on each guy.

ISS and RLR go into much more detail...i'll check torrent later.

LVI
06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
The Edmonton Oilers have a two-week window, beginning Wednesday, in which they can buy out the contract of defenceman Sheldon Souray at two-thirds the cost of his salary.

The blueliner, who turns 35 next month, did not appear in the NHL last season. He played 40 games for the AHL's Hershey Bears and scored four goals and 15 assists.

Souray was sent to the minors by Edmonton last October after he had earlier criticized the team for how they treated him while he was injured. Souray had also demanded a trade at the end of the 2009-10 season.

Souray was twice placed on waivers last season and attracted no takers from around the NHL.

He signed a five-year, $27 million contract with the Oilers as an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2007. He has one season and $4.5 million remaining on his deal, which includes a cap hit of $5.4 million for any team that is willing to take him.

A buyout would cost the Oilers $3 million.

I say buy out the over rated POS, worthless bum.

Link if interested: http: //www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368983

TheGoldenGoal87
06-15-2011, 11:18 AM
The Edmonton Oilers have a two-week window, beginning Wednesday, in which they can buy out the contract of defenceman Sheldon Souray at two-thirds the cost of his salary.

The blueliner, who turns 35 next month, did not appear in the NHL last season. He played 40 games for the AHL's Hershey Bears and scored four goals and 15 assists.

Souray was sent to the minors by Edmonton last October after he had earlier criticized the team for how they treated him while he was injured. Souray had also demanded a trade at the end of the 2009-10 season.

Souray was twice placed on waivers last season and attracted no takers from around the NHL.

He signed a five-year, $27 million contract with the Oilers as an unrestricted free agent in the summer of 2007. He has one season and $4.5 million remaining on his deal, which includes a cap hit of $5.4 million for any team that is willing to take him.

Trade him to the Leafs for Komisarek haha

Mac_xX
06-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Oilers overpaid for him in the first place. Epic fail of a contract.

TheGoldenGoal87
06-15-2011, 11:27 AM

4 1st for Stamkos is a steal depending on the team, if the Leafs somehow landed him we have 2 1st this year and the remaining 1st's would almost surely be in the 10+ range, more than likely you aren't going to draft a player of that caliber with those picks.

nyr469
06-15-2011, 11:30 AM

buyout window doesn't start today...its june 15th or 48 hours after the end of the stanley cup finals. so either friday or saturday...ranger fans are counting down the seconds till drury gets bought out.

nyr469
06-15-2011, 11:34 AM
4 1st for Stamkos is a steal depending on the team, if the Leafs somehow landed him we have 2 1st this year and the remaining 1st's would almost surely be in the 10+ range, more than likely you aren't going to draft a player of that caliber with those picks.

yeah. anytime i've look back at what it hypothetically would have cost to sign an offer sheet. if you look at the players available at those picks you'll no doubt find 4 players that you would have trade for a single guy. only problem is your team didn't end up with those 4 guys either, so when comparing to who you actually took its a steal...

just to note though, first the compensation would start next year since he'd be signed after the draft. and you have to have your own picks (i think you can spread the 4 picks over 5 years if 1 was traded). pretty sure that a team can't trade for multiple picks and then pay them in one draft year (although a trade could be worked out like that if the other team (tb) agrees)

Jaroctor
06-15-2011, 11:51 AM
from a marketing standpoint I really don't think any team in the league would be willing to let go of 4 first round picks for stamkos...

Drafts are a source of isnpiration and hope for next year, they keep the fanbases speculating and excited to see new talent and unless you're near guaranteed a stanley cup or two within those four years it will look terrible.

BeastReturns
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Damn, Bruins have 9,800,000 free next year.

- Need to resign Marchand.
- Release, or hope Savard retires, it should loosen up 4,000,000(Don't know exactly how this works). I don't think he'll help much. It's been a great few seasons though.

Looking to have around 12,000,000 with everyone coming back though.

http : // www. thehockeygm. com/bos.html

LVI
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM

- Release, or hope Savard retires, it should loosen up 4,000,000(Don't know exactly how this works). I don't think he'll help much. It's been a great few seasons though.

http://www.thehockeygm.com/bos.html

You need Savard to retire. Then Boston owes him nothing. If they release him they'll owe something like 2/3 of his salary and it's a hit towards the cap next season.

nyr469
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
from a marketing standpoint I really don't think any team in the league would be willing to let go of 4 first round picks for stamkos...

Drafts are a source of isnpiration and hope for next year, they keep the fanbases speculating and excited to see new talent and unless you're near guaranteed a stanley cup or two within those four years it will look terrible.

the draft and prospects add hope and speculation to diehard fans but the average joe doesn't care until they make the nhl...

and i'll take the excitement of a 21 year old that is going to score 50 goals each year for the big club for the next 15 years over the excitement of an 18 year old that might be part of the team in 3 years anyday.

TheGoldenGoal87
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
the draft and prospects add hope and speculation to diehard fans but the average joe doesn't care until they make the nhl...

and i'll take the excitement of a 21 year old that is going to score 50 goals each year for the big club for the next 15 years over the excitement of an 18 year old that might be part of the team in 3 years anyday.

Only concern I have for Stamkos is how well he will play without MSL, I feel like MSL is a huge part of why he puts up the numbers he does.

GetBigyo
06-15-2011, 01:38 PM

notsureifsrs

Who wouldn't give up 4 picks for a young superstar 50+ goal scorer? A team would have to be lucky enough to even find a Stamkos type talent with those picks.

nyr469
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Only concern I have for Stamkos is how well he will play without MSL, I feel like MSL is a huge part of why he puts up the numbers he does.

valid point. MSL is definitely a big part of his production and you'd want to make sure you had a passer to set him up for one-timers.

dan213
06-15-2011, 02:00 PM
There's talk here about bringing back Drury. I will fuking snap if this happens.

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 02:02 PM

1) its the 1st rd pick for the next 4 years. the leafs couldnt use the 2 1sts from this year. Toronto doesnt have their original 1st rd pick this year anyways.
2) he would sign after the draft has occurred, so those 2 1sts will be used already.

If Stamkos netted 4 1sts, then they would be in 12, 13, 14, and 15 AND they must be a teams original 1sts.

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM

disagree, the immediate and substantial returns from adding Stamkos would almost certainly provide greater return than 4 1st round picks. the 2012 1st might not even be in the NHL by the time of the 2015 draft.

Rexy
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
There's talk here about bringing back Drury. I will fuking snap if this happens.

if it's dirt cheap I don't see a problem with it. If Chicago were to sign him for the center depth issues, and he came cheap (2.5 of under) I would be happy with that. He's clutch in the playoffs. In all honesty, no big names ever play well on the Rangers.

nyr469
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
chris drury is garbage. he's a 4th line center that kills penalties and block shots which leads to injuries.

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 09:25 PM
maybe Nucks fans wont talk about trading Schneider now

aragon416
06-15-2011, 09:35 PM
lu shouldn't play any more than 55-60 games next season
keep schnieder
AV/MG need to make some changes in the coaching
MG needs to get a legit sniper
no way erhoff is getting a $5 million contract

VTheKing
06-15-2011, 09:38 PM
lu shouldn't play any more than 55-60 games next season
keep schnieder
AV/MG need to make some changes in the coaching
MG needs to get a legit sniper
no way erhoff is getting a $5 million contract

Let Ehrhoff walk if he wants anything more than that. I don't care if he was hiding an injury, his turnovers in the PP directly lead to the Bruins' SH goals and contributed to its general inefficiency when it was needed the most. So many times the puck would just fumble through his stick and we'd either have to regroup or defend against a shorthanded breakaway.

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 09:51 PM
I love that the draft is next Friday and free agency is just over 2 weeks away

samcanadian
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM
brb Winnipeg signing Brad Richards...

winthorpe
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM
In

Go Wings?

Yeah, go Wings.

thegenerel
06-15-2011, 09:55 PM
brb seeing samwinnipeg at the Jets home opener

samcanadian
06-15-2011, 09:58 PM
brb seeing samwinnipeg at the Jets home opener

lol, I've got 4 seasons tixs. I'll be behind the opposing goalie's net...might make a Misc sign.

ChaseW
06-15-2011, 10:00 PM
lol, I've got 4 seasons tixs. I'll be behind the opposing goalie's net...might make a Misc sign.do it phaggot

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 06:16 AM
a local Pens writer just tweeted that the fan shops inside the arena gave away Canucks clothing to the Bruins fans so they could get away safely.

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
06-16-2011, 06:21 AM
a local Pens writer just tweeted that the fan shops inside the arena gave away Canucks clothing to the Bruins fans so they could get away safely.

wow that would be a heroic gesture

Coppatop
06-16-2011, 07:11 AM

http : // www. thehockeygm. com/bos.html

Does that take into account the increasing salary cap?

moto46
06-16-2011, 07:33 AM
Its the bonuses from winning the cup you have to worry about too. Glad boston won, great to see thomas win, seems a real nice guy.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 07:41 AM

http://capgeek.com/

7.2M as of today
+3M if the cap goes up that much
+4M if Savard's contract is not counted. my guess is that Savard goes on LTIR, so only part of the salary will be saved.

this is w/ 18 signed (need to add 5). its quite a nice sum, but there are a lot of things to consider

things to consider:
Marchand is a RFA, he could get 3M or more
Ryder, Recchi, and Kaberle are UFA
going into the 2012 offseason, 8 of the current 18 B's are UFA/RFA
2013/14 Lucic and Seguin are RFA

my take: there is a lot more money to spend NOW than there is in a year or two. look for them to fill roster spots with 1 or 2 year deals. signing Richards eats up a ton of cap and will be a long term commitment (Ive heard many B's fans talk about signing him)

Rexy
06-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Its the bonuses from winning the cup you have to worry about too. Glad boston won, great to see thomas win, seems a real nice guy.

That's what ****ed Chicago. 2.5 mil bonus for Toews winning Conn Smythe. If that didn't happen, we would have kept Andrew Ladd.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 07:57 AM
That's what ****ed Chicago. 2.5 mil bonus for Toews winning Conn Smythe. If that didn't happen, we would have kept Andrew Ladd.

Was going to post this.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 08:01 AM
http://capgeek.com/

7.2M as of today
+3M if the cap goes up that much
+4M if Savard's contract is not counted. my guess is that Savard goes on LTIR, so only part of the salary will be saved.

this is w/ 18 signed (need to add 5). its quite a nice sum, but there are a lot of things to consider

things to consider:
Marchand is a RFA, he could get 3M or more
Ryder, Recchi, and Kaberle are UFA
going into the 2012 offseason, 8 of the current 18 B's are UFA/RFA
2013/14 Lucic and Seguin are RFA

my take: there is a lot more money to spend NOW than there is in a year or two. look for them to fill roster spots with 1 or 2 year deals. signing Richards eats up a ton of cap and will be a long term commitment (Ive heard many B's fans talk about signing him)Recchi played his last game tonight brah hes retiring

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Recchi played his last game tonight brah hes retiring

oh really? I had to pass out right after finishing the game.

still he was a Top 6 role and was going to be replaced either way.

moto46
06-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I would think timmy t is getting atleast 1 mill bonus, also recchi, chara etc

Haywood Jablome
06-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Boston def deserved to win this cup
they won the last 4/5 games

the canadian teams cannot get it done in game 7's. Van, Edm & calgary all sh.it the bed in their game 7's - pretty dissapointing

Rexy
06-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I would think timmy t is getting atleast 1 mill bonus, also recchi, chara etc

bonuses are only on Entry Level Contracts, brah.

989sports
06-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Time for the NHL to ditch the conference setting.

brb lame as phuck Stanley Cup finals

brb best series were in the first round.. Van-Chicago, Mon-Boston.

LVI
06-16-2011, 08:45 AM

the canadian teams cannot get it done in game 7's. Van, Edm & calgary all sh.it the bed in their game 7's - pretty dissapointing

I directly blame Pronger and Bergeron for our loss. Pronger cause he's a douche bag cock loving son of a bicth f@g! And bergeron because if memory serves me correctly he guided that Hurricane player into Rolison and injured him in game 1.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 08:49 AM
bonuses are only on Entry Level Contracts, brah.

I didnt know that. thanks for the info. I love the business of sports as much as the games themselves.

what do you propose?

those rivalries are a result of the the conference setting.

Haywood Jablome
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM

thats always the way it is though - 1st round is the best

I directly blame Pronger and Bergeron for our loss. Pronger cause he's a douche bag cock loving son of a bicth f@g! And bergeron because if memory serves me correctly he guided that Hurricane player into Rolison and injured him in game 1.

I was actually wondering last night about that - if Rolo had played the entire series if the outcome would have been different

vash1789
06-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I hope the oilers choose Hopkins...they need a good centerman to aid Eberle and Hall.

989sports
06-16-2011, 08:59 AM
I didnt know that. thanks for the info. I love the business of sports as much as the games themselves.

what do you propose?

those rivalries are a result of the the conference setting.

Keep the conference "idea" but make the teams play more out of their division/conference.

For the playoffs grant division winners seeds 1 through 6.

Fill the remaining 10 spots with the best remaining teams, regardless of conference.

1 vs. 16
2 vs. 15
etc..

Jaroctor
06-16-2011, 09:03 AM
I've got season tickets to the habs for the foirth year in a row.

Too bad i'll be studying in toronto.

nyr469
06-16-2011, 09:06 AM
conferences/divisions are needed mostly for scheduling. unless you change the # of games so each team plays each other the same # of times.

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
06-16-2011, 09:11 AM

I'm sure they're listening to your advice bro. Not like it wasn't one of the most watched series and series with most story lines in a LONG time. Most interesting by far. Culminated with so much tension a fcuking city was brought to its knees. Pls exit.

Jaroctor
06-16-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm sure they're listening to your advice bro. Not like it wasn't one of the most watched series and series with most story lines in a LONG time. Most interesting by far. Culminated with so much tension a fcuking city was brought to its knees. Pls exit.
You talk like a bitch that learnt a few new words.

989sports
06-16-2011, 09:19 AM
conferences/divisions are needed mostly for scheduling. unless you change the # of games so each team plays each other the same # of times.

Teams play within their division what? 6 times now.

Drop that down to 4. Take the remaining 2 games and make them inter-conference matchups.

What my 1-16 playoff scenario does is the following:

1. Means that the teams with the best records get in, regardless of conference.

2. Even though I allot a top seed to division winners, the lower amount of divisional games
cuts down on the ability of teams padding their records by beating up on weak
divisional opponents.

3. Creates new playoff rivalries, which in turn, opens the door for a more exciting Stanley Cup Final either through these new rivalries or established ones.

jawnzer
06-16-2011, 09:38 AM

Inb4everyonehasheardthis

Calgary should have actually won, that goal was clearly in. But I am not living in the past.

Btw strong 120k rep jump since start of season jesus.

Haywood Jablome
06-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Calgary should have actually won, that goal was clearly in. But I am not living in the past.
strong contradiction thar ^^
lol

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Btw strong 120k rep jump since start of season jesus.Lmao I can't even fathom being 200k+ lol how does that even happen

Edit got repped by someone 135k for a log 5min after I posted that lmao

nyr469
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Teams play within their division what? 6 times now.

Drop that down to 4. Take the remaining 2 games and make them inter-conference matchups.

Right now you play the 4 teams in your division 6 times, the other 10 teams in the conference 4 times. And then the 15 teams in the other conference 1 time each plus 3 extra games vs the other conference.

Even if you cut it to 4 games in the division and play all the teams in the conference 4 times each. that would still leave you with less than 2 games each against the other conference. it would be completely unfair for teams that don't play each other all year to be competing against each other for playoff spots.

not arguing against your 'top 16 teams' make the playoffs...just don't see a 30 team/82 game schedule working...

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Lmao I can't even fathom being 200k+ lol how does that even happen

looks like your wish has come true.

i imagine the 50k+ plus guys get their user CP refilled every day with people hoping they rep back.

BeastReturns
06-16-2011, 10:03 AM

I don't think so.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
looks like your wish has come true.

i imagine the 50k+ plus guys get their user CP refilled every day with people hoping they rep back.The ticket is doing logs. I did a sponsored log for a product called FocusXT from Serious Nutrition Solutions and have gotten probably 5-600 points from that haha. Funny how actual meaningful posts get you reps! Imagine what I'd have if we weren't constantly trading negs you phaggot ;)

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 10:16 AM
The ticket is doing logs. I did a sponsored log for a product called FocusXT from Serious Nutrition Solutions and have gotten probably 5-600 points from that haha. Funny how actual meaningful posts get you reps! Imagine what I'd have if we weren't constantly trading negs you phaggot ;)

its my goal to sink you into the red.

TheGoldenGoal87
06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Great season and playoffs, I can't wait till next year! Go Leafs Go

lBSHbxfUPdQ&

moto46
06-16-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah that was cool. Love the stanley cup, easily the best looking trophy in sport. Was watching the NBA the other night seemed so meh when given out. NFL the owner gets it first lol.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 10:59 AM
what a genius

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=d96qh.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

moto46
06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Lol they will slowly get all these tards, just like in the G20 riots.

LVI
06-16-2011, 11:10 AM
what a genius

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=d96qh.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

One word - GUILTY

What a As s hat

Haywood Jablome
06-16-2011, 11:12 AM
what a genius

omg
I hope he goes to jail

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/252/171/116466376_crop_650x440.jpg?1308221062

BeastReturns
06-16-2011, 11:16 AM
I don't think Vancouver can handle having a professional sports team...(srs).

Huse
what a genius

queen canuck?

Jaroctor
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/252/171/116466376_crop_650x440.jpg?1308221062
Amazing picture bro

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 11:21 AM
queen canuck?

you think he would dare to do anything like that?

he is smart enough to know how to troll this forum, I would be hard pressed to think he is dumb enough to take a swing at a cop.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 11:27 AM
you think he would dare to do anything like that?

he is smart enough to know how to troll this forum, I would be hard pressed to think he is dumb enough to take a swing at a cop.I think the line between trolling and what he actually believes is pretty blurry. Unless he is just 100% dedicated to his craft since the drop of the puck this season.

Also just remembered I said if the canucks won the SC i would take a permaban in like november or december after he negged me. Phew.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I think the line between trolling and what he actually believes is pretty blurry. Unless he is just 100% dedicated to his craft since the drop of the puck this season.

Also just remembered I said if the canucks won the SC i would take a permaban in like november or december after he negged me. Phew.

he has been a troll for years. when he lets his guard down, he is cool, but he certainly enjoys riling up the sports misc.

Coppatop
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/YDzF5.png

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM
A Canuck loss was really the perfect scenario for our resident trolls.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM

no doubt.

ok, im really dragging at work. im too tired to accomplish much else. since this is the offseason thread, start projecting rosters/UFA/RFA etc.

dont offer up ridiculous crap like "we will shed this 5M/yr bad contract for a 1st then sign Richards for for 31M over 6 years"

lets assume the cap ends up around 62M (enter 62.1M on the team page on capgeek)

Penguins:
Signed
F - 10 signed: Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Neal, Cooke, Tangradi, Adams, Letestu, Nick Johnson
D - 7 signed: Martin, Michalek, Oprik, Letang, Niskanen, Lovejoy, Engelland
G - 2 signed: MAF, Johnson

19 signed @ 56.9M, 5.1M in cap space

UFA: Kovy, Dupuis, Talbot, Asham, Rupp, Godard, Conner, Comrie
RFA: Kennedy, Jeffrey

Projections:
2/3 of Dupuis, Talbot, Asham, Rupp will be resigned. They all want longer terms/money than the Pens want to offer (like Rupp wants 3 yrs @ 31 years old)
In likelihood of returning: Rupp, Dupuis, Talbot, Asham. Kovy, Godard, and Comrie are gone. Conner could stay on a 2 way deal (maybe). I think Talbot is going to get PAID. he hasnt done much since being a Game 7 hero.

RFAs: Jeffrey was a nice surprise, will return. TK is going to try and cash in. Rumor is he wants anywhere from 2M minimum to 2.75M which might be too much. He could be traded at the draft.

Ideal (grounded in reality) offseason: resign Rupp 2 yrs @ 850k, TK 3 yrs @ 2M (not crazy about going higher) if not trade him. Upshall if no TK, but the Winger crop sucks this year and demand > supply.

Niskanen...1.5M is a lot for a bottom pairing dman when Loveyjoy/Engelland are on his level and make less than he does combined.

It will be damn close, this is a rough copy, but no way this happens.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Pascal Dupuis ($1.400m)
James Neal ($2.875m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Eric Tangradi ($0.845m)
Matt Cooke ($1.800m) / Jordan Staal ($4.000m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m)
Nick Johnson ($0.550m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Craig Adams ($0.675m)
Michael Rupp ($0.825m) / / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Paul Martin ($5.000m) / Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m)
Brooks Orpik ($3.750m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m)
Matt Niskanen ($1.500m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.566m)
Ben Lovejoy ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) / Brent Johnson ($0.600m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $62,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,912,500; BONUSES: $127,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $87,500

LVI
06-16-2011, 12:51 PM
no doubt.

ok, im really dragging at work. im too tired to accomplish much else. since this is the offseason thread, start projecting rosters/UFA/RFA etc.

dont offer up ridiculous crap like "we will shed this 5M/yr bad contract for a 1st then sign Richards for for 31M over 6 years"

lets assume the cap ends up around 62M (enter 62.1M on the team page on capgeek)

Penguins:
Signed
F - 10 signed: Crosby, Malkin, Staal, Kunitz, Neal, Cooke, Tangradi, Adams, Letestu, Nick Johnson
D - 7 signed: Martin, Michalek, Oprik, Letang, Niskanen, Lovejoy, Engelland
G - 2 signed: MAF, Johnson

19 signed @ 56.9M, 5.1M in cap space

UFA: Kovy, Dupuis, Talbot, Asham, Rupp, Godard, Conner, Comrie
RFA: Kennedy, Jeffrey

Projections:
2/3 of Dupuis, Talbot, Asham, Rupp will be resigned. They all want longer terms/money than the Pens want to offer (like Rupp wants 3 yrs @ 31 years old)
In likelihood of returning: Rupp, Dupuis, Talbot, Asham. Kovy, Godard, and Comrie are gone. Conner could stay on a 2 way deal (maybe). I think Talbot is going to get PAID. he hasnt done much since being a Game 7 hero.

RFAs: Jeffrey was a nice surprise, will return. TK is going to try and cash in. Rumor is he wants anywhere from 2M minimum to 2.75M which might be too much. He could be traded at the draft.

Ideal (grounded in reality) offseason: resign Rupp 2 yrs @ 850k, TK 3 yrs @ 2M (not crazy about going higher) if not trade him. Upshall if no TK, but the Winger crop sucks this year and demand > supply.

Niskanen...1.5M is a lot for a bottom pairing dman when Loveyjoy/Engelland are on his level and make less than he does combined.

wow im bored at work too, but i dont have this kind of time, LOL.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
wow im bored at work too, but i dont have this kind of time, LOL.

this is all in my head, I am wired this way. its me putting my undergrad/mba education to work! only took a few mins while eating lunch!

moto46
06-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I like talbot, would like to see the leafs sign him, but prob stays in pitt. Just hope we get #1 centre, richards or trade.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I like talbot, would like to see the leafs sign him, but prob stays in pitt. Just hope we get #1 centre, richards or trade.

I bet Talbot gets offered 1.5-2M over 3/4 years. Pens wont approach that.

lnnate
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM

lBSHbxfUPdQ&

awww that was good

missed a lot of parts but u couldn;t get them all in a 10 min youtube video anyway

its50
06-16-2011, 01:32 PM

lBSHbxfUPdQ&

goosebumps, i got em

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
06-16-2011, 01:33 PM

At least someone in Vancouver could score on the road.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 01:35 PM

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110430020052/sonicfanon/images/a/a6/Csi_miami_yeah.jpg

dolphan34
06-16-2011, 01:45 PM

Deadspin!

Monkey Helmet
06-16-2011, 01:49 PM
he is a bad deal, who wants that?

But he's a f*cking all-star....

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 02:08 PM
But he's a f*cking superstar....

fixed

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 02:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7shie.jpg

Kenetics
06-16-2011, 02:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7shie.jpg

I was unaware Canada played a hockey game yesterday.

Huse
06-16-2011, 02:24 PM

because of how cocky and douchey canuck fans were?

Mac_xX
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
So I'm back, decided that posting last night right after the loss would be a bad idea considering I was hammered and would probably just get pissed off.

First off, Congrats to the Boston Bruins on their cup. They earned it fair and square and played a hell of a series. Timmy T was epic and the rest of the team turned it on when they needed to.

Vancouver played ok for the first half of last nights game but there was no way that they were going to be able to break Thomas the way he was playing. As soon as the Bruins got the lead they defended it perfectly with well timed goals and good defense. Lu was okay aside from the fail that was the 3rd goal.

I'm not even going to comment on the rioting, just a pathetic display.

Rexy
06-16-2011, 03:08 PM

You need to spread reputation......Next Time

Shazamalopolis
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Any chance they trade Louango? Anyone?

Mac_xX
06-16-2011, 04:12 PM

No, even if they wanted to they couldn't, contract is too big.

Farshi
06-16-2011, 04:34 PM
vancouver trading schnieder is more likely too good to be backing up lu.

Shazamalopolis
06-16-2011, 04:39 PM
No, even if they wanted to they couldn't, contract is too big.

Cool cool, was just curious how big the backlash/blame would be for him.

Mac_xX
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
vancouver trading schnieder is more likely too good to be backing up lu.

This, we'll get something good for him too which is a bonus.

brandon2743
06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
This, we'll get something good for him too which is a bonus.

gustavvson and a 2nd rounder ;)

Slayer12
06-16-2011, 05:21 PM
anybody got the original of that chick flashing?

LVI
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM

read on cnnsi today, somewhere, that the only logical tradecould be Luongo for Vinny in TB. Or so what the arthur of the truth and rumours said.

Otherwise sorry Vancouver but u guys are stuck with him.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM
anybody got the original of that chick flashing?http://www.buzzfeed.com/ablog4guys/boob-flashing-during-canucks-playoff-game-nsfw-2nih

Slayer12
06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.buzzfeed.com/ablog4guys/boob-flashing-during-canucks-playoff-game-nsfw-2nih

I was meaning at the riot

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I was meaning at the riotOh, that was censored before upload by the photog. There is no uncensored version available. (srs)

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
because of how cocky and douchey canuck fans were?

Partially. :D But also because it's p. easy to pick on the Sedins and Luongo (even though the latter gets waaaaaaay more flak than he should).

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 06:32 PM
I propose (that for as long as humanly possible) that some sort of peace agreement is agreed upon by everyone. Would make the offseason fun and we could all share info about our teams and talk about the game we love instead of taking pot shots at one another. I am certainly guilty of getting caught up in fighting, and know it leads to nothing positive.

Mac_xX
06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
gustavvson and a 2nd rounder ;)

haha well our AHL goalie is actually pretty good as well so I don't think we need another goalie, especially one with heart problems.

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 06:55 PM
There's people buzzing about Luongo for Vinny Lecavalier. Doubt Yzerman would even consider the trade, but then again, we'd just be stuck with another monstrous contract.

Vandamwtc
06-16-2011, 07:09 PM
Bah didn't even realize there was a new thread...

NeverGymLess
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
read on cnnsi today, somewhere, that the only logical tradecould be Luongo for Vinny in TB. Or so what the arthur of the truth and rumours said.

Otherwise sorry Vancouver but u guys are stuck with him.

id jump on that trade.

Mac_xX
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
id jump on that trade.

I dunno, if Vinny has a no trade clause then he probably wouldn't let them do it, considering he's be a 3rd line center.

nyr469
06-16-2011, 08:06 PM
I dunno, if Vinny has a no trade clause then he probably wouldn't let them do it, considering he's be a 3rd line center.

he has a full NMC and is signed thru 2020 @ $7.7 mil/year...luongo has a NTC and is signed thru 2022.

honestly i don't think the canucks are looking to move luongo and i don't the lightning are looking to move vinny. this is simply vancouver fans pissed off about the finals and wanting to see luongo gone. but they know that he has an insane contract, so he has to be traded for an equally insane contract on a team that needs a goalie. and vinny fits the bill. if philly hadn't traded for bryzgalov's rights then the rumor would be jeff carter.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Carter is much younger and signed to a pretty good long term deal. No way would I trade him for Luongo, even though they are equally unclutch

Jaroctor
06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Best performance by a goalie possibly ever.

This is coming from a habs fan. I hate the bruins but I love tim thomas, what a guy, and he entirely deserved the cup.

Also, brb mtl was the third best team in the playoffs/sarcasm.

nyr469
06-16-2011, 08:17 PM
Carter is much younger and signed to a pretty good long term deal. No way would I trade him for Luongo, even though they are equally unclutch

carter is sign till he is 37 i think...they are almost identical contracts. carter $5.27 mil thru 2022, luongo $5.33 mil thru 2022. if philly is looking for a goalie and van is looking to get rid of luongo, the contract swap works out nicely.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 08:19 PM
carter is sign till he is 37 i think...they are almost identical contracts. carter $5.27 mil thru 2022, luongo $5.33 mil thru 2022. if philly is looking for a goalie and van is looking to get rid of luongo, the contract swap works out nicely.

Carter's 5.27 will be miniscule by then.

his rights pretty much guarantee a team can have him for the rest of his career at a pretty good price.

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Best performance by a goalie possibly ever.

This is coming from a habs fan. I hate the bruins but I love tim thomas, what a guy, and he entirely deserved the cup.

Also, brb mtl was the third best team in the playoffs/sarcasm.

If only the Sedins watched videos of the Habs and Bolts PP vs Thomas...

nyr469
06-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Carter's 5.27 will be miniscule by then.

his rights pretty much guarantee a team can have him for the rest of his career at a pretty good price.

potentially if he remains a 30/30 guy. but also a chance toward the end you'll be paying for a guy that isn't a top scorer anymore...that's the risk/reward of those super long contracts.

and of course we are assuming no major changes to the system in the new cba and that the cap keeps going up...by 2022 we could have 4 new cbas by then.

nyr469
06-16-2011, 08:36 PM
oh and just to note, i'm not saying philly should trade carter for luongo. my point was that if philly still wasn't in talks with a goalie, he would be the guy canuck fans would mention when they made up a rumor LOL

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 08:46 PM
In NHL I just started a new season. Traded Carter and Powe for Bobby Ryan. Signed Bryzgalov. Traded away Leino, Hartnell, Nodl, O'Donnell, Carcillo, and Boucher.

Got Simmonds, Vorecek, Loktionov, Muzzin, Upshall and Luca Sbisa. Had to make sacrifices to dump salary but this team is ****ing beastly now.

Ryan/Richards/Briere

van Riemsdyk/Giroux/Zherdev

Upshall/Loktionov/Versteeg

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Pronger Coburn/Meszaros Timonen/Sbisa Carle

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky

Jaroctor
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
In NHL I just started a new season. Traded Carter and Powe for Bobby Ryan. Signed Bryzgalov. Traded away Leino, Hartnell, Nodl, O'Donnell, Carcillo, and Boucher.

Got Simmonds, Vorecek, Loktionov, Muzzin, Upshall and Luca Sbisa. Had to make sacrifices to dump salary but this team is ****ing beastly now.

Ryan/Richards/Briere

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky

lmao @ ducks trading ryan

winthorpe
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM

Ryan/Richards/Briere

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky
In Season mode?

brandon2743
06-16-2011, 09:07 PM

Ryan/Richards/Briere

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky

lol i have to play with the cap... my team is too good without it.

3 seasons in as the leafs.

ovechkin-crosby-kane
lucic-seguin-kessel
doan-grabovski-neil
versteeg-bozak-armstrong

bogosian-doughty
cobourn-schenn
carkner-phaneuf

pavelec
howard

team is unstoppable haha. trading is wayyyyy too easy in this game if you dont have the cap on.

brb kaberle + first for ovechkin
brb komisarek + first for doughty

BeastReturns
06-16-2011, 09:09 PM
BRB NHL 11 Franchise mode all summer.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 09:10 PM
lol i have to play with the cap... my team is too good without it.

3 seasons in as the leafs.

ovechkin-crosby-kane
lucic-seguin-kessel
doan-grabovski-neil
versteeg-bozak-armstrong

bogosian-doughty
cobourn-schenn
carkner-phaneuf

pavelec
howard

team is unstoppable haha. trading is wayyyyy too easy in this game if you dont have the cap on.

brb kaberle + first for ovechkin
brb komisarek + first for doughtyI do have the cap on lol if I didn;t my team would looka whole lot different. And yeah I had to give an arm and a leg in prospects/picks+ Carter and Powe for Ryan. brb "no interest in trading away young talent" like 5 times until "omg we have to take this"

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 09:17 PM
would not do Ryan for Carter/Powe. you really R horned the computer

in NHL 10 i put Guerin up on the block and the Flyers offered Giroux. The Best Playmaker in Hockey scored the GWG and won the series for me in the ECF vs Flyers. I lol'd.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 09:20 PM
I always trade old guys for younger studs....Im going to go play now I think...

Did Roberts for Semen in 08 or 09, first move of every franchise mode

unfortunately the cap barely increases, which makes me rage.

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 09:25 PM
would not do Ryan for Carter/Powe. you really R horned the computer

in NHL 10 i put Guerin up on the block and the Flyers offered Giroux. The Best Playmaker in Hockey scored the GWG and won the series for me in the ECF vs Flyers. I lol'd.It took Carter/Powe a 1st rounder 2nd rounder and some minor leaguers for Ryan and some other no names, IIRC.

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 09:27 PM

Ryan/Richards/Briere

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky

Voracek in the 4th line? wtf lol

NHL manager/season modes aren't even fun for me anymore without my own house rules. When you can make mad trades all the time the game becomes way too easy but if you set some nice restrictions it can be way more fun - i.e. Finns only, or players smaller than 6', 30+ years old only, etc.

AI needs to be way more strict on making trades that will tighten up their salary situation. Maybe introduce some sort of fan rating so that stars/favorites have higher value in AI trades.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 09:36 PM
GOAT NHL trade

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/659363/penstrade.jpg

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
06-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Anyone care to postulate what they think was the turning point in this series?

I think I'd go back to game 3, when Luongo stayed in after allowing 4 goals. Vigneault made the crucial mistake of asking Luongo if he wanted to be pulled or not. What kind of coach does that? Just pull him for god sakes. Instead, he let in 4 more goals and his cage was rattled so hard he came out and put up almost the exact same performance in game 4. If he just swallowed his ego and took a seat, maybe he would have regathered himself enough to play a semi-decent game 3 and go back to Van up 3-1.

The more I break down Luongo's play the more I feel for the guy. He's definitely not a bad guy, seems to be the victim of some terrible coaching strategy..

VTheKing
06-16-2011, 09:50 PM

I think I'd go back to game 3, when Luongo stayed in after allowing 4 goals. Vigneault made the crucial mistake of asking Luongo if he wanted to be pulled or not. What kind of coach does that? Just pull him for god sakes. Instead, he let in 4 more goals and his cage was rattled so hard he came out and put up almost the exact same performance in game 4. If he just swallowed his ego and took a seat, maybe he would have regathered himself enough to play a semi-decent game 3 and go back to Van up 3-1.

The more I break down Luongo's play the more I feel for the guy. He's definitely not a bad guy, seems to be the victim of some terrible coaching strategy..

It really started when Hamhuis injured himself on that hip check on Lucic. Most D-men, particularly Bieksa (who was Hammer's pair), lost their composure over the course of the series, turning over the puck more, not breaking out as well, and all those nasty things. I honestly thought at that moment that our chances had gone down to about 25% despite the subsequent win.

Then yeah, AV decides to not pull Luongo in that ridiculous game where no one was playing good and gave the Bruins forwards ridiculous confidence when shooting the puck.

thegenerel
06-16-2011, 09:51 PM

I dont want to sound like 'that guy' who only speaks of his team, but I paid far closer attention to both the Pens/Wings series than any other (for obvious reason). Wings take the 1st 2, people talk of a sweep. Then they battle back, Jordan Staal got that huge SHG in Game 4. Wings steamroll the Pens in Game 5. Come back home, win 2-1, go to Detroit and Talbot steps up.

In 2009, it was as back and forth as this series. One could have watched the games and thought "oh this will define the series" then everything gets turned upside down. If momentum does exist, it changes several times, last of which was Game 6. I think going into Boston and getting whooped put doubt in their minds. They knew how much pressure would be on their shoulders. They knew that the first goal would feel like 10. That first goal killed the Canucks last night. This is somewhat similar to a team getting the last possession in football/basketball.

edit - I agree with above. the physical toll started to show up. the Canucks were really banged up towards the end.

magicmatt
06-16-2011, 09:54 PM

turning point was thornton playing in game 3 instead of seguin

/series

aragon416
06-16-2011, 10:06 PM

Ryan/Richards/Briere

Simmonds/Betts/Voracek

Bryzgalov/Bobrovsky

i think im going to start a new be a gm with the cap on. i currently have the oilers with no cap and the team is legit stacked. i think my lowest overall is 90. have hall=99, price=99, seguin=98, tavares=97, hedman and doughty=97, etc.

Vancouver Canucks star forward Ryan Kesler had his name etched on the Stanley Cup last night after lurking into the Boston Bruins Stanley Cup celebration following their game 7 victory over his team.
Kesler, a repeat lurker, evidently stashed a Bruins jersey on the Canucks bench, put it on after the game ended and joined the Stanley Cup celebration with the Bruins.
“I’d been preparing all year for this,” Kesler said afterwards. “I had a mission, I was going to have my name on the cup one way or another. In hindsight, I guess if I had spent more time on my game rather than hatching this elaborate plan we might have won it ourselves, but this works too.”
The Bruins didn’t realize who Kesler was for several hours and by the time his identity was revealed, an engraver had already pounded the Vancouver forward’s name into NHL history.
“He rushed up to me after the game and made sure I knew how to spell his name. Said something about being a late call up,” said engraver Jed Barkley. “I guess it should’ve struck me as strange that he didn’t want anyone in the Bruins organization to know about it.”
Kesler can be seen lurking in camera shots of the Bruins celebration throughout the night. Bruins captain Zdeno Chara said he had no idea.
“We sort of all look the same with the beards,” Chara said. “I thought he was Daniel Paille for most of the night. Frankly, I didn’t even know who Daniel Paille was for most of the year, so I just went along with it.”
The NHL says it has no plans to change the engraving, stating “that’s the only way the Toronto Maple Leafs have ever gotten on it in the first place.”

fukkin LOL. fake but a funny read
http://intenttoblow.com/2011/06/keslers-name-mistakenly-etched-on-cup-after-he-lurks-into-bruins-celebration/

ChaseW
06-16-2011, 10:14 PM
i think im going to start a new be a gm with the cap on. i currently have the oilers with no cap and the team is legit stacked. i think my lowest overall is 90. have hall=99, price=99, seguin=98, tavares=97, hedman and doughty=97, etc.Lol i can't say I understand making a team like that. I've had to change the settings on superstar to make it harder to challenge myself more. I don't see how you could enjoy having a team full of people rated 99. brb ending the season with 164 points and 600 goals for with 9 GA.

MetFan
06-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Game 7 in Vancouver came down to one thing.

Boston was the team that supposedly had no business being there, so going into Game 7 they were loose. Their mentality was this: If we lose, it was expected as Vancouver was the top team all year and was at home for Game 7. Let's just go out and have fun and see how it unfolds.

We saw the end result.

Vancouver on the other hand were the home team, were the best team all season and were EXPECTED to win. It was just too much pressure for a team that lost confidence, not only in themselves, but especially their goalie.

Clutch goalies give clutch performances. Need look no further than the guy 200 ft away from Luongo.

Monkey Helmet
06-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Clutch goalies give clutch performances. Need look no further than the guy 200 ft away from Luongo.

Amen.

Luongo is by no means a bad goalie. Far from it. But if I'm going to give a guy a contract like that then I would make sure he's going to be our safety net when it matters most.

nyr469
06-16-2011, 10:40 PM

true but to be fair even if luongo was awesome the canucks still didn't score. Van goal totals in the series by game: 1, 3, 1, 0, 1, 2, 0

as bad as he was in boston...when your team scores 1.14 goals/game even if your goalie is awesome you still are unlikely to win...thats who sick thomas was.

JM2412
06-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I think too much blame is being put on Luongo. Did he have a bad series? Sure. But the defense did not help him out ALL (injuries or no injuries, he was left out to dry too much). And in the fact that the Canucks scored only 8 fukking goals the entire series, that's why the Canucks didn't win.

The Sedin twins were literally non-existent for most of this series. What a pitiful fukking series for them.

GetBigyo
06-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I think too much blame is being put on Luongo. Did he have a bad series? Sure. But the defense did not help him out ALL (injuries or no injuries, he was left out to dry too much). And in the fact that the Canucks scored only 8 fukking goals the entire series, that's why the Canucks didn't win.

The Sedin twins were literally non-existent for most of this series. What a pitiful fukking series for them.
Sometimes Goalies need to step up big for their team.

Defenses are not always going to bail you out and sometimes you have to bail them out (like Lundqvist did all season). Luongo played great in Vancouver besides Game 7, but he sh*t the bed in Boston for those two games. I know they only scored one goal for him in one but 8 goals? C'mon now...

nyr469
06-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Sometimes Goalies need to step up big for their team.

Defenses are not always going to bail you out and sometimes you have to bail them out (like Lundqvist did all season). Luongo played great in Vancouver besides Game 7, but he sh*t the bed in Boston for those two games. I know they only scored one goal for him in one but 8 goals? C'mon now...

if he gave up 2 goals instead of 8 in that game he'd still have lost

GetBigyo
06-16-2011, 11:19 PM
if he gave up 2 goals instead of 8 in that game he'd still have lost
Doesn't defeat the fact he played like a bag of turd.

edit: I never said he should get a lot of blame but definitely at least some.

GingerBrah
06-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Oiler fan checking in...
Who you guys think we should take with the #1 pick??

I'm hoping for Nugent-Hopkins.

GetBigyo
06-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Jagr return?

According to reports on MLive.com and the Detroit Free Press on Thursday, Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda has put out feelers to five NHL teams - the Red Wings, Pittsburgh Penguins, Washington Capitals, New York Rangers and Montreal Canadiens - about the possibility of the future Hall of Famer signing on as a free agent.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369160

Mac_xX
06-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Jagr return?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369160

Would lol at the Red Wings if they acquired him. I don't think adding age to their team is a top priority right now.

Mac_xX
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
Oiler fan checking in...

I dunno, do you guys really need another small center? I'd go for Huberdeau if it's a center you want. Personally I think you guys should pick a d-man, so Larsson would be it; although on NHL.com it lists his favorite show as One Tree Hill, so that take that as you will...

GingerBrah
06-17-2011, 12:20 AM
I dunno, do you guys really need another small center? I'd go for Huberdeau if it's a center you want. Personally I think you guys should pick a d-man, so Larsson would be it; although on NHL.com it lists his favorite show as One Tree Hill, so that take that as you will...

I've heard larsson has been a huge let down at the combine... And a d man with the first overall pick is risky in my mind. Agreed we need size but not with this pick... With this pick were thinking franchise changer.

VTheKing
06-17-2011, 12:30 AM
Would lol at the Red Wings if they acquired him. I don't think adding age to their team is a top priority right now.

I don't think age matters when dealing with Jagr.

GingerBrah
06-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Jagr loved playing with hempsky at the worlds. To bad the oilers arnt on that list. He wants a contender tho.. Fair enough

Bollock-chops
06-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Jagr loved playing with hempsky at the worlds. To bad the oilers arnt on that list. He wants a contender tho.. Fair enough

It will be interesting to see how good those two finnish guys are you just signed.

Ralph Wiggum
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
he has a full NMC and is signed thru 2020 @ $7.7 mil/year...luongo has a NTC and is signed thru 2022.

honestly i don't think the canucks are looking to move luongo and i don't the lightning are looking to move vinny. this is simply vancouver fans pissed off about the finals and wanting to see luongo gone. but they know that he has an insane contract, so he has to be traded for an equally insane contract on a team that needs a goalie. and vinny fits the bill. if philly hadn't traded for bryzgalov's rights then the rumor would be jeff carter.

http://www.augustgames.com/VKR/BARF.GIF

I hate Carter and think that would be a terrible trade for the Flyers.

potentially if he remains a 30/30 guy. but also a chance toward the end you'll be paying for a guy that isn't a top scorer anymore...that's the risk/reward of those super long contracts.

and of course we are assuming no major changes to the system in the new cba and that the cap keeps going up...by 2022 we could have 4 new cbas by then.

Carter will be a 30/30 guy for many years to come considering he gets 2/3 of his goals in garbage time.

thegenerel
06-17-2011, 06:17 AM
has there been any sort of chatter re: swapping Vinny for Luongo?

moto46
06-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Knew they would all blame luo, while the twins will slip outa town unnoticed just like in the playoffs. Thats a major problem, when the captain is awol.

Darthn3ss
06-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Knew they would all blame luo, while the twins will slip outa town unnoticed just like in the playoffs. Thats a major problem, when the captain is awol.

why would canada's team even allow a foreigner to be captain?

should've never taken the captaincy from luo.

http://i47.tinypic.com/1ju9eu.jpg

i just hope kesler can get traded or something to a team with a chance.

moto46
06-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Canadas team has a canadian captain... right now hes in pei.

nyr469
06-17-2011, 07:45 AM
goddammit...larry brooks says the rangers can't buyout chris drury because he is injured. and will most likely miss the season (ending his career likely).

the rangers can put him on LTIR and go over the cap but you don't gain anything from LTIR unless you are over the cap

nyr469
06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Oiler fan checking in...

oilers are going to take RNH and it'll be a great pick for them...larsson and landkesog will be real good too. but in a year or 2, RNH and Hall will be a heck of a combo