06-07-2011, 02:47 PM
MY STATS:

Experience lifting: 10 years
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 160lbs
BF%: 12%
Body type: balanced, but slightly ectomorph

GOALS:

First, I want to bulk up to 200lbs, but staying less than 15% BF at all times.

Then, I want to cut down to 180lbs, with about 8% BF. This is the body I want to maintain.

THE DIET:

- Every 1.5 hours, starting at breakfast, I drink 20g of whey protein mixed with milk to slow it's release. This is to maintain constant blood levels of amino acids throughout the day. This totals about 200g of whey protein per day.

- After my workout, I will drink 20g of whey protein mixed with water (instead of milk), to allow it to be absorbed quickly when my muscles need it. After my workout, I will also consume some fast acting, simple carbs (like sugary fruits or candy).

- In the morning, I will consume complex carbs (in the form of grain products), in order to give me some sustained energy throughout the day. I will also consume some simple carbohydrates in the morning, so they will be absorbed quickly to stave off the effects of cortisol.

- Throughout the day, I will eat fibrous carbohydrates in the form of green vegetables, carrots, corn, etc. This is to stay healthy

- Right before bed, I will eat complex carbs in the form of grain products (to have sustained release of energy as I sleep). I will also consume 25g of casein protein to keep my blood levels of AAs high as I sleep.

- On top of all of that, I will also eat "normal" foods like chicken and pasta at dinner, and a sandwich for lunch.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER:

- Awaken
- Meal 1: Simple Carbs, Complex Carbs, Whey Protein
- Meal 2: Whey Protein, Fibrous carbs
- Meal 3: Whey Protein, Fibrous carbs
- Meal 4: Sandwich, Whey protein
- Meal 5: Whey Protein, Fibrous carbs
- WORKOUT
- Post workout meal 6: Whey Protein (in WATER), simple carbs
- Meal 7: Chicken, pasta, fibrous carbs
- Meal 8: Whey protein, fibrous carbs
- Meal 9: Casein protein, complex carbs
- SLEEP

Advice, anyone?

PhiSig2298
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
You should buy stock in GNC

braggable
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
You have been "lifting" for 10 years... since you were 10 years old?

You have so much nonsense and broscience mixed in your post. Please start by reading the stickies, particularly on nutrient timing relevance.

You are eating 9 times a day, and 8 of those meals involve protein powders. isthisreallife?

This is either the BEST troll attempt I have ever seen, or the worst "critique My Diet" thread ever.

WonderPug
06-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Epically absurd.

Meal frequency is largely irrelevant. You're engaging in neurotic behavior that yield no positives.

sh4rkb1t3
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes, I have been lifting since I was 10. But obviously I didn't start to get serious with it until I was at least in high school.

No, this is not a troll post. I'm honestly looking for advice on my diet.

Can anyone please refer me to some posts about how to diet properly?

lovingit
06-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Yes, I have been lifting since I was 10. But obviously I didn't start to get serious with it until I was at least in high school.

No, this is not a troll post. I'm honestly looking for advice on my diet.

Can anyone please refer me to some posts about how to diet properly?Did you read the stickies?

WonderPug
06-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Can anyone please refer me to some posts about how to diet properly?

Please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

sh4rkb1t3
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Please see:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

Alright I'm calling bull**** on all of this because every bodybuilding site I've read in the last 5 years says to eat 2g of protein per pound of body weight.

WonderPug
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Alright I'm calling bull**** on all of this because every bodybuilding site I've read in the last 5 years says to eat 2g of protein per pound of body weight.

And I'm calling this OP a troll.

Bye.

sh4rkb1t3
06-07-2011, 03:27 PM
And I'm calling this OP a troll.

Bye.

Right so I wasted 15 minutes of my life typing up some random diet filled with all kinds of "broscience" just to annoy some BB.com forum guy for 5 seconds. I'm not trolling.

ugzilla
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Only critique I can say is that you don't want to sleep after having carbs. Casein protein should be your choice only because growth hormone levels cannot be elevated at the same time as insulin.

sh4rkb1t3
06-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Only critique I can say is that you don't want to sleep after having carbs. Casein protein should be your choice only because growth hormone levels cannot be elevated at the same time as insulin.

True but I think it's more important to keep cortisol down... GH doesn't have much effect on muscle mass, the proof of this is that bodybuilders have been injecting it for years and seeing little gains.

MAX.MAREK
06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
gonna make this quick lol have 2-3 shakes max per day. replace others with whole food. and i see no fat intake really in your diet...

carbs 1-2g per body lb (to stay lean), 3-4g to bulk
protein 1.5-2g per body lb.
fat 0.5-0.75 per body lb.

good fats:
egg yokes
olive oil
natural pb
almonds
avocados

carbs:
oatmeal
whole wheat products
yams
sweet potatoes
rice
pasta

proteins:
eggs
milk
nuts
steak/lean ground beef
chicken
fish (white or dark)
turkey
greek yogurt
cottage cheese
whey (use liberally)

just some simple staples to pick from...didnt list everything..

otterakl
06-07-2011, 04:42 PM

True but I think it's more important to keep cortisol down... GH doesn't have much effect on muscle mass, the proof of this is that bodybuilders have been injecting it for years and seeing little gains.

You're both idiots. Go spout this broscience bullsh*t elsewhere.

Rog447
06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Holy overboard! lol

AlwaysTryin
06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Haha OP has a friend

crjorgensen
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
All I have to say is LOL at this....