PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Padres will come out on top of this Adrian Gonzalez trade

Covy1
06-06-2011, 09:52 PM
A-Go: .339 11 HRs 50 RBIs so far

Prospects(from Boston to SD):

Casey Kelly:4-2 4.07 ERA in AA

Anthony Rizzo: .365 16 HRs 63 RBIs in AAA

Reymond Fuentes: .297 23 SBs in A

Great trade for both teams though

Gator286
06-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I so wish the marlins would've trade jason stokes for urbina instead of adrian

The_Source
06-06-2011, 09:57 PM
meh, I'd still much rather have Gonzo right now

excited to see Rizzo though. Heard that they plan on inserting him in the starting lineup sometime in late August-early September

SteezeFactory
06-06-2011, 10:02 PM

excited to see Rizzo though. Heard that they plan on inserting him in the starting lineup sometime in late August-early September

If by late august or early september you mean this Wednesday, then yeah, you'll be seeing him in late august-early september ;)

Covy1
06-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Brad Hawpe has been taking more flyballs in right field recently, an indication that he could be moved there while Anthony Rizzo takes his spot at first base.

When asked about the situation, Padres manager Bud Black didn't indicate that a Rizzo promotion is imminent, but he didn't exactly deny it, either. "Have I asked (Hawpe) to come into my office?" Black said. "Not yet. But have I said, 'Hey, Brad, I want you to start taking some fly balls in the outfield off the bat?' Yeah. Brad knows. He's played seven years of outfield (with the Colorado Rockies). He knows there's a guy down (in Triple-A) hitting .370. He saw him in spring training." Rizzo's power has broken out in a big way this season, as he sports a .337/.455/.738 batting line with 16 homers and 62 RBI. He won't turn 22 until August.

Jyeatbvg
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
But op, if the Red Sox ending up winning a ship or two, who really comes out on top?

Brandman316
06-06-2011, 10:08 PM
A-Go: .339 11 HRs 50 RBIs so far

Prospects(from Boston to SD):

Casey Kelly:4-2 4.07 ERA in AA

Anthony Rizzo: .365 16 HRs 63 RBIs in AAA

Reymond Fuentes: .297 23 SBs in A

Great trade for both teams though

Eh Nice numbers, but these are in the minor leagues..

You really can't evaluate this trade until we see how these guys do in the majors..

The_Source
06-06-2011, 10:11 PM
If by late august or early september you mean this Wednesday, then yeah, you'll be seeing him in late august-early september ;)

Brad Hawpe has been taking more flyballs in right field recently, an indication that he could be moved there while Anthony Rizzo takes his spot at first base.

When asked about the situation, Padres manager Bud Black didn't indicate that a Rizzo promotion is imminent, but he didn't exactly deny it, either. "Have I asked (Hawpe) to come into my office?" Black said. "Not yet. But have I said, 'Hey, Brad, I want you to start taking some fly balls in the outfield off the bat?' Yeah. Brad knows. He's played seven years of outfield (with the Colorado Rockies). He knows there's a guy down (in Triple-A) hitting .370. He saw him in spring training." Rizzo's power has broken out in a big way this season, as he sports a .337/.455/.738 batting line with 16 homers and 62 RBI. He won't turn 22 until August.

LOL my bad brahs. Just saw the article. Got a text from my friend earlier today saying that's what they reported on the Padres Pre-Game show down in SD haha

Covy1
06-06-2011, 10:25 PM
But op, if the Red Sox ending up winning a ship or two, who really comes out on top?

I still think Padres will, but like I said in the OP...looks like a great trade for both teams

cbad7676
06-06-2011, 10:38 PM

miss youu.

i still haven't been to a padres game this year. i am dissapoint.

The_Source
06-06-2011, 10:44 PM
miss youu.

i still haven't been to a padres game this year. i am dissapoint.

<33333

you must spread some reputation around before giving it to cbad7676 again

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU