06-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Kemp to the Orioles.

Lugie
06-06-2011, 12:02 PM
David Wright to Florida Marlins

austin.j.taylor
06-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Zambrano to the Yankees

Please let this happen. All we want in return is a half a pack of bubble gum and a half smoked cigarette

Gator286
06-06-2011, 12:04 PM

x2.

Los_Diablo
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Jose Reyes to the Giants.

Unlikely, but possible.

Only deal I could see happening for us. I keep hearing Pudge but is he really needed?

Of course there's high hopes for Crawford and Reyes is such a wild card with his past injuries. That to me is the one thing that would make me cautious.

Exist 2 Inspire
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Please let this happen. All we want in return is a half a pack of bubble gum and a half smoked cigarette

or maybe a new gatorade cooler

Los_Diablo
06-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Fokudome could maybe be another name I could see in San Fran given the high asian population.

Covy1
06-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Only deal I could see happening for us. I keep hearing Pudge but is he really needed?

Of course there's high hopes for Crawford and Reyes is such a wild card with his past injuries. That to me is the one thing that would make me cautious.

With buster out for the year, giants need a decent catcher and Pudge has plenty of playoff experience

theworkingman34
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Jose Reyes to the Giants.

Unlikely, but possible.

As a Mets fan, this situation is so sticky. I honestly would not mind trading David Wright right now for some prospects, and trade Beltran before the season ends to rent him to a team for some prospects. Beltran has had a very good season, completely surprised me but I highly doubt we will re-sign him. On the other hand, Reyes has also been playing amazing and I would love to keep him and re-sign him but I'm just wondering if it will be too much for us to re-sign him and other teams will blow up his contract and overpaying him. If we really feel we have no chance of re-signing him which is very sad, we might have to trade him. Jason Bay is really taking up a lot of the salary, and he has been doing absolutely horrible. Love the young guys Justin Turner and Ruben Tejada, doing a great job out there. Pitching has been decent, you can complain but you can't at the same time, maybe with our bullpen. Our small guys are doing good and our big guys like Pelfrey are not doing good, we need Johan Santana to come back.

theworkingman34
06-06-2011, 12:35 PM

Let it happen, trade him to the same division so we can laugh at his horrible play when we play the Marlins. And the Marlins always have good prospects in their farm system, I'll take em.

Big_Spaz
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
I could see Pudge to the Giants

I could also see the Cardinals going after another quality arm

Reyes to anyone who's willing to pay him

Phillies possibly getting Hunter Pence?

-Spaz

Los_Diablo
06-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Covy,

But has Whiteside really been that bad?

2Burnt
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM

-Spaz

Pence is staying for our playoff push.

Bkcmart
06-06-2011, 01:12 PM

-Spaz

Now that doesn't really matter until he's a FA, now does it.

Murph0408
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Reyes to the Reds
Beltran to the Angels (? or another AL team with a need for DH/OF)
K-Rod to the, i dunno, Rangers i guess

Bkcmart
06-06-2011, 01:58 PM
I'm fairly certain the Mets will hang onto Reyes, if for no other reason than PR. Beltran may also hang around, depending on what the Mets can get for him (doesn't look like much) and how bad they could use the extra cash.

The Met most likely to be dealt is KRod, as he has been lights out, and solid bullpen arms are always a premium as we get into the dog days of summer. The only thing bringing down his value is that ludicrous vesting option. But he has said he is willing to sign an extension.

kclulz88
06-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Royals will move Wilson Betemit and Melky Cabrera, and possibly Mike Aviles

richard02
06-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Reyes to the Reds
Beltran to the Angels (? or another AL team with a need for DH/OF)
K-Rod to the, i dunno, Rangers i guess

christ that's scary and totally possible, please be wrong (it's more to do with an overwhelming amount of the team salary being locked into aging outfilders than it is Beltrans performance).

Bkcmart
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
christ that's scary and totally possible, please be wrong (it's more to do with an overwhelming amount of the team salary being locked into aging outfilders than it is Beltrans performance).

Beltran is a FA after this year.

mateosanchez
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Felix to Texas

I'd give anything for this.

sabonis224
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Mets fan here. Beltran will be gone definitely, K-Rod is a strong possibility if a lot of teams need bullpen help. Wright and Reyes wont be traded. I cant see the Marlins trading for Wright, that goes against what they do, usually its the other way around. Reyes wont be traded cause I think Alderson and the Wilpons want to keep him but for the right price. I see no problem upping his salary from 11 a year to 16-17 a year. he is such an asset in Citi field.

richard02
06-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Beltran is a FA after this year.

the Angels have 62 million obligated this year to outfielders, throw in Beltran and whatever remaining and i'll cry - such a $hitty front office.

Yank11
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Mets fan here. Beltran will be gone definitely, K-Rod is a strong possibility if a lot of teams need bullpen help. Wright and Reyes wont be traded. I cant see the Marlins trading for Wright, that goes against what they do, usually its the other way around. Reyes wont be traded cause I think Alderson and the Wilpons want to keep him but for the right price. I see no problem upping his salary from 11 a year to 16-17 a year. he is such an asset in Citi field.

that is assuming Reyes actually wants to re-sign with the Mets after Wilpon's comments about him.

theworkingman34
06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I'm fairly certain the Mets will hang onto Reyes, if for no other reason than PR. Beltran may also hang around, depending on what the Mets can get for him (doesn't look like much) and how bad they could use the extra cash.

The Met most likely to be dealt is KRod, as he has been lights out, and solid bullpen arms are always a premium as we get into the dog days of summer. The only thing bringing down his value is that ludicrous vesting option. But he has said he is willing to sign an extension.

I would love to get some solid prospects for K-Rod...he hasn't been impressive and we can easily replace him at the closer role.

Teams will look at his past that need are in desperate need of a solid closer and give up a lot of solid prospects for him, I say Wright and K-Rod should be out.

sabonis224
06-06-2011, 04:15 PM
that is assuming Reyes actually wants to re-sign with the Mets after Wilpon's comments about him.

right, well im just speaking to the fact that a lot of ppl think that they simply dont have the money to sign him, which i just dont get. he already makes a good amount, what more is a few million a year when you have a ton of money coming off the books this year anyway. i know the years might be an issue, but i dont believe in worrying about the future, the next 3-4 should be his prime years.

sabonis224
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I would love to get some solid prospects for K-Rod...he hasn't been impressive and we can easily replace him at the closer role.

Teams will look at his past that need are in desperate need of a solid closer and give up a lot of solid prospects for him, I say Wright and K-Rod should be out.

who is going to trade for Wright? he is on the DL with a broken back lol no shot at trading him he wont be playing again till july probably, and itll take him a while to start hitting again. he could be traded next season tho

Bkcmart
06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
the Angels have 62 million obligated this year to outfielders, throw in Beltran and whatever remaining and i'll cry - such a $hitty front office.

So? What does that mean?

1. The Angels would only be responsible for around half his 2011 salary
2. He immediately comes of the payroll
3. He would instantly be your best OF'er

Not only that, but he'd come cheap, as he isn't eligible for arbitration.

Bkcmart
06-06-2011, 04:17 PM
who is going to trade for Wright? he is on the DL with a broken back lol no shot at trading him he wont be playing again till july probably, and itll take him a while to start hitting again. he could be traded next season tho

Not only that, but his team option for 2013 is void if he leaves the Mets.

heyquikquestion
06-07-2011, 06:46 AM
LOL at the Mets trading their entire team away.

Bkcmart
06-07-2011, 06:56 AM
LOL at the Mets trading their entire team away.

They're not.

Iczer
06-07-2011, 07:00 AM
Royals will move Wilson Betemit and Melky Cabrera, and possibly Mike Aviles

I can see Betemit, but Cabrera and Aviles? Who's going to replace Cabrera in CF? He's been clutch this year and I don't see anyone in the minors tearing it up forcing our hand.

and Aviles? Getz is solid on defense but offensively weak, so I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Although I'm pretty tired of Aviles errors as of late.

Excited to see if Betemit is moved though and get a chance to see Moose called up.

MikeJones77
06-07-2011, 07:23 AM
Braves will get David Wright for Brooks Conrad, fair trade both are not superstars. Trade makes sense since Brooks is a perfect fit for the Mets. Braves will also unload some of their pitching for a bat, hopefully Pence for CF.

FBIagentQ
06-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Yankees will trade Montero for a young ace.

bbacn123
06-07-2011, 06:31 PM
ITT: We just post the players we hope our respective teams get instead of realistic trade possibilities.

Braves will probably target someone like David Dejesus (FML) if anyone at all. Maybe Willingham which isn't much better but Dejesus can play CF better. Michael Bourn is an outside, and preferred, possibility.

bbacn123
06-07-2011, 06:33 PM
And I dont think Wright or Reyes will be traded.

KRod and Beltran are gone though if the Mets eat some of Beltran's contract. KRod can probably be moved even with the contract though.

cor030
06-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Nats have a couple of guys they might try and sell(Marquis, Livan, Pudge for example). Unfortunately none of these guys will fetch anything worthwhile.