PDA

View Full Version : To Alan Aragon

Pages : [1] 2 3

bertostare
06-06-2011, 06:47 AM
you said

basically, the warrior diet is the biggest crock of bull**** piece of **** fad diet scheme i've come across since the blood type diet. the author is a former political satire artist for penthouse magazine. he also happens to have good genetics for leanness (whoopee), & a great penchant for marketing bull**** & misinterpreting the very basics of human physiology. pretty credible guy, huh?

and now u say

The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing
The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
que??

VincentiT
06-06-2011, 06:49 AM
In dis shizzzz

Power_Strike92
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Awwwwww sheeeet

Ksorra
06-06-2011, 06:50 AM
In for lulz.

ErickStevens
06-06-2011, 06:51 AM
inb4OPgetspwned

IamJonsCranium
06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
The Warrior Diet is based on a daily feeding cycle of "undereating" during the day and "overeating" at night. The "Undereating Phase" during the day maximizes the Sympathetic Nervous System's (SNS) fight or flight reaction to stress, thereby promoting alertness, generation of energy, fat burning and the capacity to endure stress.

So... what's the problem here?

Warrior diet is based on timing, Alan says timing is irrelevant and warrior diet is crap?

lovingit
In for lulz.
Me, too. But dang, I have to go to the gym. sigh

Shrederator
OH hai dere.

L0GiK
06-06-2011, 06:53 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2qwiezc.gif

Ksorra
06-06-2011, 06:53 AM

I got 15 minutes before I leave for the gym, so I'm betting we will miss out on all the fun:( btw awesome avi, your back is looking AMAZING!!!

Rambo26
06-06-2011, 06:54 AM
fail

phal
06-06-2011, 06:55 AM
http://images.wikia.com/marvel_dc/images/3/37/AndHereWeGo.gif

fuk you bandwidth.

QT
06-06-2011, 06:56 AM
in.

lovingit
06-06-2011, 06:56 AM
OH hai dere.Did you have a good weekend, Shred?

I got 15 minutes before I leave for the gym, so I'm betting we will miss out on all the fun:( btw awesome avi, your back is looking AMAZING!!!
Thank you! It never once occurred to me to check out my back on my bulk and I "accidentally" saw it the other day in the dressing room and was like, oh.......wow. LOL I'm such a goof.

hankst
06-06-2011, 06:57 AM
ITT: OP pulls false conclusions.

Warrior diet is not bull**** because of its meal timing, but because you "eat until you're full", in complete disregard of macronutrient counting, afaik.

VincentiT
06-06-2011, 07:00 AM
I think Alan's point was that you don't need to follow a diet just because it has a catchy name.. and that meeting your macros is most important. He didn't say "The Warrior Diet doesn't work"

ITT: OP pulls false conclusions.

Warrior diet is not bull**** because of its meal timing, but because you "eat until you're full", in complete disregard of macronutrient counting, afaik.

That's the basis of it? Eat until you're full? Lol didn't know that, but I know a few people who run the Warrior Diet and count their cals.

hankst
06-06-2011, 07:02 AM
That's the basis of it? Eat until you're full? Lol didn't know that, but I know a few people who run the Warrior Diet and count their cals.

I skimmed through it once, and I think it's like a cracked down version of Martin Berkhan's IF. Fast (with a minimal amount of fruits allowed, though), work out, eat (mainly protein and veggies) until you're full, fast, repeat.

At least that's what I remember. There are too much fad diets out there for me to keep up :D.

Cumulonimbus
06-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Basically Alan is supporting that meal frequency is irrelevant and that the Warrior diet in fact has no metabolic advantage that it is claimed to have.

dat
06-06-2011, 07:03 AM
The Warrior Diet uses specific nutrient timing for sure (and there's nothing wrong with that), but it's retarded because of the food selection and the whole "eat like a warrior" marketing crap.

desslok
06-06-2011, 07:04 AM
I like how many products you are supposed to buy, warrior whey, warrior defense nutrition products. Oh, and you can earn money by selling the products to your converts, I mean friends just like any good MLM. I mean with having to buy all those supps, and having Dr. Mercola's recommendation on the main page, its got to work right?

Shrederator
06-06-2011, 07:04 AM
Did you have a good weekend, Shred?

It was amazing, river is high and fast as ish right now. Within the first 3 minutes, two of the more inexperienced canoers plowed all 5 of our canoes into a bottleneck made by some downed trees.

It resulted in two flipped canoes, a chick hanging from a tree branch and a sweet rescue mission in which I received some pretty huge cuts and bruises. We recovered almost all of the gear in a clearing downstream and were happy to still have our beer and lives.

We only lost one oar and a life jacket, I used a huge stick for the remaining 5 hours and my arms are pretty much shot from the weight of the "oar."

But, after the initial chaos we had an amazing time and the weather couldn't have been better. Thanks for asking!

Thank you! It never once occurred to me to check out my back on my bulk and I "accidentally" saw it the other day in the dressing room and was like, oh.......wow. LOL I'm such a goof.

Also, back's lookin good... GJ!

moetstylesbrah
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
starting reps: 5

lovingit
06-06-2011, 07:09 AM
I like how many products you are supposed to buy, warrior whey, warrior defense nutrition products. Oh, and you can earn money by selling the products to your converts, I mean friends just like any good MLM. I mean with having to buy all those supps, and having Dr. Mercola's recommendation on the main page, its got to work right?I didn't know this. Just the name Warrior Diet makes me laugh, but this is even funnier.

It was amazing, river is high and fast as ish right now. Within the first 3 minutes, two of the more inexperienced canoers plowed all 5 of our canoes into a bottleneck made by some downed trees.

Also, back's lookin good... GJ!Wow what an adventure! Glad everyone is ok and I hope your arms feel better. And thanks!

WonderPug
06-06-2011, 07:11 AM
It never once occurred to me to check out my back on my bulk and I "accidentally" saw it the other day in the dressing room...

Wow, your back is awesome. You must be on this warrior diet that I've heard some much about ;)

Shrederator
06-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Wow, your back is awesome. You must be on this warrior diet that I've heard some much about ;)

She's been defending her village.

VincentiT
06-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Alan GTFIH (please) I wanna see some pwnage

lovingit
06-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Wow, your back is awesome. You must be on this warrior diet that I've heard some much about ;)I told you people should take me seriously. *pounds chest and applies warpaint*

She's been defending her village.Werd.

robbie_vlad
06-06-2011, 07:32 AM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2qwiezc.gif

Yes.

And in for the lulz that are sure to ensue. :)

t1ger
06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
In on LOTR-thread.

jst1225
06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Does OP realize that his post makes absolutly no sense and infact just supports Alan's two posts as they are along the same line of reasoning?

VincentiT
06-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Does OP realize that his post makes absolutly no sense and infact just supports Alan's two posts as they are along the same line of reasoning?

Sadly, no.

OP's username suits his post.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_QCcMTHCBJ4c/TO6zUfb1tbI/AAAAAAAADS8/uswEeD8UxI8/s1600/Bert%2Bstare.jpg

BunkMoreland
06-06-2011, 07:50 AM
OP, prepare your angus

MakeABanana
06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/hxFQN.gif

in10city
06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/insomniaconfessions/speechless.gif

lovingit
06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/insomniaconfessions/speechless.gif
I love Castle. It's one of my favorite shows. :D

MelodyMaker
06-06-2011, 08:06 AM

In...wow at the avi.

At the doc office due to a sweet jetski wipeout this weekend. No leg training for me for a bit...

hankst
06-06-2011, 08:06 AM
I love Castle. It's one of my favorite shows. :D

Nathan Fillion is always fun to watch, no matter what he does. Have you seen Firefly? If not, do so. You missed out - big time.

Even if you don't like Sci Fi, or good old Western movies - watch it! Now!

fad3d
06-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Is it still white knighting if the guys are coming to the rescue of another guy? Or do we need to come up with another phrase?

lovingit
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
In...wow at the avi.

At the doc office due to a sweet jetski wipeout this weekend. No leg training for me for a bit...Thank you! Jetskiing is so much fun. Wiping out isn't. I hope you heal up soon.

Nathan Fillion is always fun to watch, no matter what he does. Have you seen Firefly? If not, do so. You missed out - big time.

Even if you don't like Sci Fi, or good old Western movies - watch it! Now!He's a great actor. I haven't seen that but I loved him on One Life to Live and Two Guys and a Girl. (will put it on my list to rent)

hankst
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Is it still white knighting if the guys are coming to the rescue of another guy? Or do we need to come up with another phrase?

It's not white knighting, it's completely legit and heterosexual "bro helps bro"-action.

http://www.maniacworld.com/internet-bro-fist.jpg

No shame in that.

lovingit
06-06-2011, 08:13 AM
A little bromance never hurt anyone.

:)

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
A little bromance never hurt anyone.

I have a sisterly crush on Alan and not ashamed to admit it.

MelodyMaker
06-06-2011, 08:16 AM
I have a sisterly crush on Alan and not ashamed to admit it.

Don't forget Paul. Lol

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Don't forget Paul. Lol

Paul is something different.
LOL

desslok
06-06-2011, 08:23 AM
pT9t5nkZn8I&gl=US

MelodyMaker
06-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Paul is something different.
LOL

I lol'd IRL. People in the waiting room at the doctor's office keep looking at me like I'm nuts....just staring at my iPhone with random outbursts of laughter.

phal
06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
aulMugbS_-A

alan aragon
06-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Herp, you said...

Derp, and now u say...

que??The warrior diet (WD) involves some of the dumbest nutrient timing BS I've heard. To quote the site,

"Eating meals made from fast releasing proteins and cabs, before exercise, can cause a profound cortisol elevating effect during and after exercise. This may severely compromise ones ability to build muscle and burn fat. In conclusion, DO NOT EAT before exercise, instead eat right after exercise."

The WD has multiple idiotic aspects about it - its timing magic is not the only one; it's full of lame pseudoscientific claims. You also missed how it pushes Paleo ideals as well, yet the website sells a line of protein bars & powders (among other stupid crap).

Consider this - the WD is almost as dumb as this post you made.

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Alan, great answer, notdisappoint.jpeg:)

What's your personal meal schedule?

L0GiK
06-06-2011, 08:43 AM
InafterAA

aulMugbS_-A
Bahhaha being trying to find this clip for agees!!

Thats what I was thinking. Had to re-read the two quotes because I thought I may have missed something.

Rainbow knighting.

Thought you were away for 2 weeks holiday or something?

alan aragon
06-06-2011, 08:45 AM
What's your personal meal schedule?Eggs, coffee, honey, milk, cheese, yogurt, protein powder, vegetables, different kinds of land & sea animal flesh, red wine, dark chocolate, nuts, potatoes, rice, cereal.

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Eggs, coffee, honey, milk, fruit, cheese, yogurt, protein powder, vegetables, different kinds of land & sea animal flesh, red wine, dark chocolate, nuts, potatoes, rice, cereal.

Food choices are excellent:)
I meant how many meals a day?
Layne eats one meal in the middle of the night and a total of 4 meals a day.

IamJonsCranium
06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Eggs, coffee, honey, milk, cheese, yogurt, protein powder, vegetables, different kinds of land & sea animal flesh, red wine, dark chocolate, nuts.

No starchy carbs?

alan aragon
06-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Food choices are excellent:)
I meant how many meals a day?
Layne eats one meal in the middle of the night and a total of 4 meals a day.4-5 meals a day. No midnight meal, unless my wife brought it to me - and then proceeded to 'bring it'

alan aragon
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
No starchy carbs?I'll have either potatoes, rice, or cereal, but it's not a daily occurrence; more of a weekly thing. I get most of my daily carbs from fruit & dairy, & a minor portion from honey or brown sugar. I should probably edit those foods into my other post.

feelsg00dmayne
06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
inafterAA.

OP, the people people who rave on WD are just like ketards. they all think it's some magical diet that makes you shed off the fat.

brb eating anything i want in one meal and losing fat.
brb eating all the fatz and proteinz i want throughout the day and losing fat.

/facepalm.

kusok
06-06-2011, 09:13 AM
I think some of you that made similar posts in the past (ex: Alan's slightly unimpressed and skeptical view on IF a few years ago, followed by later saying that he was wrong to view it slightly negatively) are missing an important aspect here. Things change, more research has come out, so opinions change.

brb digging up bro science that Layne Norton wrote 10 years ago that he no longer believes.

brb many other "gurus" will never change their claims in order not to admit past mistakes and thus look human.

brb digging up a very old interview with Lyle McDonald where AA talked more about importance of meal timing...

As far as Warrior Diet goes, you guys should check out the WD thread in fat loss section. The OP claims to have lost 20 lbs of pure fat while gaining lots of muscle at the same time quickly... He recommends several supplements from his supplement store... he spits horrid bro science and sites Ori's book: "Minimum Fat, Maximum muscle" and points out that there are 11 pages of references in the back to support the claims... etc. It's like the highest rated thread on fat loss forums... When I responded to OP's silly claims he basically points out to his av as proof that WD works, and to Ori...
I don't think anyone would mind WD if they didn't go around making ridiculous claims, and just admitted that advantages of any diet are behavioral, not physiological.

zpm
06-06-2011, 09:15 AM
you said

and now u say

que??

the only thing the warrior diet offers is flexibility.Also he doesnt require you to count and that can be a problem for most since they will either overeat or undereat.
If you take the warrior diet and cut out all the bull**** like eat vegetables before protein and fats last,you will end up with intermittent fasting.(to which you add calorie counting unless you are an exceptional cal eyeballer.)

L0GiK
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
Leaving on the 23rd. Not really a holiday as such. Heading back to Sydney to visit family and friends. Have a few other trips between now and then too. Going to be a crazy 3 wks.

Ah yea thats the one, sounds like its gonna be goood!

feelsg00dmayne
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
As far as Warrior Diet goes, you guys should check out the WD thread in fat loss section. The OP claims to have lost 20 lbs of pure fat while gaining lots of muscle at the same time quickly... He recommends several supplements from his supplement store... he spits horrid bro science and sites Ori's book: "Minimum Fat, Maximum muscle" and points out that there are 11 pages of references in the back to support the claims... etc. It's like the highest rated thread on fat loss forums... When I responded to OP's silly claims he basically points out to his av as proof that WD works, and to Ori...
I don't think anyone would mind WD if they didn't go around making ridiculous claims, and just admitted that advantages of any diet are behavioral, not physiological.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131535343

inb4 nutrition section takeover

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 09:26 AM

I hate Losing fat section in general.
Lots of bad advice there.

ironwill2008
06-06-2011, 09:34 AM
As far as Warrior Diet goes, you guys should check out the WD thread in fat loss section.

Don't care enough to bother, TBH, k.

If some guy gets jacked (or claims to get jacked) from following such an unconventional nutritional approach, more power to him. And to all the nut-huggers who decide to try it on their own, I say, go for it. Just because it seems to work for one guy doesn't mean it'll work for the masses, and to those who fail from it, they'll come back to a more-conventional eating plan soon enough.

kusok
06-06-2011, 09:34 AM

aha, that's the one ^^^

I already responded and awarded the OP his broscar, but you know how it is, if he has better abs than me with more muscles, he is right and I'm wrong. Don't bother. WD turned into a cult by now. You can't talk to them. They will however seriously and with enthusiasm discuss wether it's ok to eat 1 fruit during the fast, and what the GI of that fruit has to be, or digestive enzymes supplementation timing... you know... the important stuff...

ironwill2008
06-06-2011, 09:36 AM

^^^^Agreed. I stay out of there with a vengeance; just don't need the aggravation of dealing with the ocean of broscience and inexperience in that forum. It would be the equivalent of trying to bail out the Titanic with a shot glass.

Power_Strike92
06-06-2011, 09:41 AM

Agreed. I do go in there for the lulz from time to time.

dukend
06-06-2011, 10:02 AM

I agree. I mostly stick around these parts now.

JHarden
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM

I barely made it past the first post after he said that you eat at the end of the day because all your growth is done by then anyway.

lovingit
06-06-2011, 10:05 AM
aulMugbS_-AI looove Turk!

"Eating meals made from fast releasing proteins and cabs, before exercise, can cause a profound cortisol elevating effect during and after exercise. This may severely compromise ones ability to build muscle and burn fat. In conclusion, DO NOT EAT before exercise, instead eat right after exercise."

Oh wow. I decided just today that I refuse to lift fasted ever again. Regardless of any pseudoscience, I really don't see how training fasted is beneficial if my energy and lifts completely suck and I lose strength.

eta: I know some people prefer to train fasted, but I am not one of those people.

^^^^Agreed. I stay out of there with a vengeance; just don't need the aggravation of dealing with the ocean of broscience and inexperience in that forum. It would be the equivalent of trying to bail out the Titanic with a shot glass.I have avoided that section for a while but popped in today. I was immediately annoyed.

brb - recommending guys bigger, way younger, and way more active than me cut on 1,300 calories. o_O

juliacheh
06-06-2011, 10:13 AM
brb - recommending guys bigger, way younger, and way more active than me cut on 1,300 calories. o_O

There are two stick-looking guys there (won't post usernames) that recommend ridiculously low intakes for the guys. I wonder what they would say about me LOL.

IamJonsCranium
06-06-2011, 10:17 AM
^^^^Agreed. I stay out of there with a vengeance; just don't need the aggravation of dealing with the ocean of broscience and inexperience in that forum. It would be the equivalent of trying to bail out the Titanic with a shot glass.

What if the Titanic was going down in an ocean of bourbon?

ironwill2008
06-07-2011, 06:41 AM
What if the Titanic was going down in an ocean of bourbon?

LOL! At one time, I was an authority on that subject (bourbon). I've moved on...........

desslok
06-07-2011, 06:46 AM
LOL! At one time, I was an authority on that subject (bourbon). I've moved on...........

Single malt scotch?

Cumulonimbus
06-07-2011, 06:49 AM
When I get time today I'll ask that section how to lose fat.

ironwill2008
06-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Single malt scotch?

George Dickel; enough to float the Titanic.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 06:55 AM

LOOOL, I'll be following that.

in before they tell him he should be dieting at 1500 calories at his size and run 3 miles 5 times per week.

ironwill2008
06-07-2011, 07:13 AM
LOOOL, I'll be following that.

in before they tell him he should be dieting at 1500 calories at his size and run 3 miles 5 times per week.

LOL

allcaps

sawoobley
06-07-2011, 08:49 AM

Trying to get rid of those last few stubborn ounces of fat?

Post link please!

feelsg00dmayne
06-07-2011, 08:56 AM

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb403/frostsoul1/THISGONBGUD.gif

i want in on this. will be lulsy like that one time cum posted in the supp section about fat burners.

got dem gud.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 08:57 AM
i want in on this. will be lulsy like that one time cum posted in the supp section about fat burners.

got dem gud.

Oh boy I nearly choked on my coffee while reading this thread.
Fine trolling at its best.

Chuck2600
06-07-2011, 09:01 AM

Goodbye sweet muscles

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 09:01 AM
I rarely go into the LF section, never knew it was so derped up.

Cumulonimbus
06-07-2011, 09:14 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=695510211#post695510211

ay

MelodyMaker
06-07-2011, 09:15 AM

ay

In for lulz.

Cumulonimbus
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm in!

Got my cayenne peppered popcorn ready!

For fukc sakes PhiSig2298, really..?

waatsgood
06-07-2011, 09:16 AM

ay

Thisgunbegood.gif

MelodyMaker
06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
For fukc sakes PhiSig2298, really..?

I would suggest he edit to something such as "how much weight are you wanting to lose"?

feelsg00dmayne
06-07-2011, 09:26 AM

ay

ahh. thread bombed already :(

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Nutrition guys, why did you start posting there?
You ruined all the fun :(:(

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Paul, you should have changed the avi:)

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Hey guys, since this thread is now about whatever you want (lol, the OP hasn't posted since he started this quickly failed topic), a friend of mine co-started a website with quality info, mostly training stuff, but there's some nutrition stuff as well. I don't have any content on there, but Dan is a no-BS kind of guy with a lotta knowledge. Spread the word:

http://www.lucharilla.com/

Chuck2600
06-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey guys, since this thread is now about whatever you want (lol, the OP hasn't posted since he started this quickly failed topic), a friend of mine co-started a website with quality info, mostly training stuff, but there's some nutrition stuff as well. I don't have any content on there, but Dan is a no-BS kind of guy with a lotta knowledge. Spread the word:

Isn't this agaisn't the forum rules?

I hope you enjoy your ban :D

BunkMoreland
06-07-2011, 09:57 AM

http://www.sembeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/spam.jpg

most linear thread evr

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Isn't this agaisn't the forum rules?

I hope you enjoy your ban :DI know you're kidding, but I wouldn't link or promote anything with competing interests to the BB.com store. :)

PS - wouldn't that be hilarious if I banned myself?

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 10:00 AM
[img]http://www.sembeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/spam.jpg

most linear thread evrFilipinos are known for their love of spam.

TheRagingboxer
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Filipinos are known for their love of spam.

This is true. Just watched No Reservations on the Travel Channel and did not realize how much Hawaiians loved there SPAM! Must say I have never sampled some SPAM.

kusok
06-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Nah, they wont go for it guys. Fat Loss section has been getting better, it is those fanatical Warrior Diet threads that still deliver the LOLz. Supplements section on the other hand... And the workout routines section...

Let me give you an example:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135258471

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Nah, they wont go for it guys. Fat Loss section has been getting better, it is those fanatical Warrior Diet threads that still deliver the LOLz. Supplements section on the other hand... And the workout routines section...

Why do the supplements often have color names?
Purple wraath, orange triad.

Funny :D

I love Electrichead from Losing Fat. He often delivers the lulz.

desslok
06-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Filipinos are known for their love of spam.

Living in a Navy town(and near a Post Office), there is access to Pinoy/hawaiian food on nearly every corner. I've actually grown fond of spam, egg, and rice for breakfast.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 10:23 AM
I recently debated a dude in the supp section (neuron) who claimed 7-keto had 4-5 studies showing efficacy, but was in apparent denial that only one of the studies was a peer-reviewed human study that actually looked at body comp effects. Twas hilarious. It's like those dudes lie awake at night & pray for the magic pill to appear under their pillows in the morning.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Living in a Navy town(and near a Post Office), there is access to Pinoy/hawaiian food on nearly every corner. I've actually grown fond of spam, egg, and rice for breakfast.Whoa, you just brought me back to early childhood...

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I recently debated a dude in the supp section (neuron) who claimed 7-keto had 4-5 studies showing efficacy, but was in apparent denial that only one of the studies was a peer-reviewed human study that actually looked at body comp effects. Twas hilarious. It's like those dudes lie awake at night & pray for the magic pill to appear under their pillows in the morning.

Alan, the dudes in the Supplement section were seriously recommending Paul various fat burners and lectured him on how to use EC stack and set up his diet.

isoriku
I was in hawaii few months ago and I didnt see spam anywhere, whats up with that??

Chuck2600
And the workout routines section..

That section might as well just be switched to a SS instruction manual.

Power_Strike92

Saw that thread and it stopped me from buying it.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Just eat nothing but junk food and keep it less than the calories you burn, like that Julia chick and Aragon brah

I really hope you are kidding, brah.
Or trolling.

BunkMoreland
06-07-2011, 10:39 AM
^ pretty sure that was a slight directed towards you and double A. not that im trying to stir the pot or anything

ironwill2008
06-07-2011, 10:46 AM

*facepalm.jpeg*

"Green Bulge?" Really?

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 10:47 AM
^ pretty sure that was a slight directed towards you and double A. not that im trying to stir the pot or anything

Nothing but junk LOL.
This is so hilarious that people are so delusional.
Either that or just quality trolling.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Nothing but junk LOL.
This is so hilarious that people are so delusional.
Either that or just quality trolling.Hopefully it's just trolling or I'll neg him & lol

fad3d
06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Hopefully it's just trolling or I'll neg him & lol

And this is where I confirm that I am just being a smart ass. Usually a safe assumption with me

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 01:13 PM
That thread in Losing Fat is five stars.

KingOfChaos
06-07-2011, 01:25 PM

I have actually been trying to bring the science of the Nutrition forum over to Losing Fat. A lot people there have no idea what they're doing and end up posting shiit that makes no sense and sometimes can even be harmful. Such as the USE DNP AND CLEN thread that was deleted a few days ago. Been e-stalking Alan's posts here to make sure I am not posting too much broscience. I still have stuff to learn myself, though.

KingOfChaos
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
I was in hawaii few months ago and I didnt see spam anywhere, whats up with that??

lol, you kidding? Even McDonalds has spam on their menu in Hawaii.

Electricheadd
06-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I grew up in the town where spam was invented.... and we don't eat it. That should tell you something.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 01:46 PM
anwy2MPT5RE

lovingit
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I grew up in the town where spam was invented.... and we don't eat it. That should tell you something.
You should hang in this section more. I always liked your posts in the losing fat section but I don't go there anymore. This section brings the lulz. :p

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 01:50 PM
You should hang in this section more. I always liked your posts in the losing fat section but I don't go there anymore. This section brings the lulz. :p

This.
My favorite poster in Losing Fat.

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:41 PM

You didn't debate ****. You made a comically retarded mistake about statistics. Nevertheless, there are 2 peer reviewed studies on 7-keto, and all the people with half a brain saw you as a complete knucklehead in that "debate."

Like I said in that thread, you should have let it go. If you want, I can break it down barney style for you and your similarly under-educated "friends."

Power_Strike92
06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
you didn't debate ****. You made a comically retarded mistake about statistics. Nevertheless, there are 2 peer reviewed studies on 7-keto, and all the people with half a brain saw you as a complete knucklehead in that "debate."

like i said in that thread, you should have let it go. If you want, i can break it down barney style for you and your similarly under-educated "friends."

ohhhhhhhh fuarkkkkkk!!!!!!!!

viridian
06-07-2011, 02:48 PM
You didn't debate ****. You made a comically retarded mistake about statistics. Nevertheless, there are 2 peer reviewed studies on 7-keto, and all the people with half a brain saw you as a complete knucklehead in that "debate."

Like I said in that thread, you should have let it go. If you want, I can break it down barney style for you and your similarly under-educated "friends."

AA has a diehard fan apparently. o_O

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:49 PM
AA has a diehard fan apparently. o_O

Actually I've never heard of the guy until a few days ago. If he wants to battle science, i will crush him.

alan aragon

Like I said in that thread, you should have let it go. If you want, I can break it down barney style for you and your similarly under-educated "friends."Under-educated friends? Hah. You sound a bit irate. Not only that, but also in need of reading comprehension skills. If you know of another peer-reviewed human study examining body comp effects - other than the one we discussed (Kalman et al, 2000) - then why didn't you link it? Put your thinking cap on, captain.

KingOfChaos
Oh snap

michealjacksonpopcorn.gif

thebankcard
06-07-2011, 02:51 PM
After being educated in the nutrition section I don't know why there is a fat loss section? Most of the section is mix of diet and and exercise. Witch you can get both those tips in other sections.

kusok
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Ketards forum pushing their peer reviewed studies on AA:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/kusokosla/sumo-wrestler.jpg

The "debate"

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb235/kusokosla/00382900.jpg

desslok
06-07-2011, 02:52 PM
If he wants to battle science, i will crush him.

This should be interesting
/popcorn

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Under-educated friends? Hah. You sound a bit irate. Not only that, but also in need of reading comprehension skills. If you know of another peer-reviewed human study examining body comp effects - other than the one we discussed (Kalman et al, 2000) - then why didn't you link it? Put your thinking cap on, captain.

The effect of 7-Keto Naturalean™ on weight loss: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Current Therapeutic Research, Volume 63, Issue 4, Pages 263-272
J Zenk
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011393X02800315

lovingit
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Aww man, I have to get on the treadmill (18%, here I come!). Please, thread, be here when I return. :p

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Even though I knew my statistics were solid, I showed the data of the Colker study to the lead statastician in my department @ U of M and he said the exact same thing I said in the previously mentioned thread. ****ing comical.

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Seeing neuron and Alan discussing science is ihavetheweirdestboner.jpg

I haven't seen him discuss science yet, but when I do, it'll get interesting.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 02:58 PM
The effect of 7-Keto Naturalean™ on weight loss: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
J Zenk
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011393X02800315Excellent. Thanks for delivering this time. I'll have a look at this.

neuron
06-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Usually I'm a complete dickhead, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt in that thread.

Whereas now, he's bringing my name up days later to somehow support his absurd position.

neuron
06-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Excellent. Thanks for delivering this time. I'll have a look at this.

Take your time analyzing the statistics, captain. I'll be back tommorow to see what inane conclusions you have come to.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Take your time analyzing the statistics, captain. I'll be back tommorow to see what inane conclusions you have come to.Looks like there's no need to, because the study examined a damn cocktail containing 7 other ingredients, which makes it impossible to determine the isolated effect of 7-keto. Jeesh, man. This leaves us with a single peer-reviewed study showing the specific effects of 7-keto on body comp in humans.

Failboat's docking, captain.

midcoastking33
06-07-2011, 03:28 PM
oh cool dhea, glad it's 1997 again. guy probably takes c-bol thinking it's a designer bicycle

feelsg00dmayne
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Looks like there's no need to, because the study examined a damn cocktail containing 7 other ingredients, which makes it impossible to determine the isolated effect of 7-keto. Jeesh, man. This leaves us with a single peer-reviewed study showing the specific effects of 7-keto on body comp in humans.

Failboat's docking, captain.

lol you got served neuron. how dare you waste AA's time.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
From the 7-keto-containing cocktail study captain neuron so kindly provided:

"There were no significant between-group differences in changes in body fat,
BMR, or fat-free mass."

LOL, strong blend of goodies there.

feelsg00dmayne
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
From the 7-keto-containing cocktail study captain neuron so kindly provided:

"There were no significant between-group differences in changes in body fat,
BMR, or fat-free mass."

LOL, strong blend of goodies there.

strong comprehension on neuron's part. he just basically made himself look like a total idiot.

anyway, going back on lulsy fat-loss topics... check what came up on the misc:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135265411

you dont HAVE to do cardio. If you're eating in a deficit you will lose weight. simple as that. eating clean will allow you to eat more food and feel full whilst staying in the calorie deficit.

and the responses...

Ignore this guy

You gotta do cardio

Restricting your calories will just send your body into hibernation

It will hold onto everything it gets

that's why those starving kids in Africa are so fat ... their bodies have entered hibernation mode.

http://millennialmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/davidafterdentist1.png

don't even know if they're trollin.

LiftHeavy85
06-07-2011, 03:52 PM
ITT: OP cannot comprehend anything pass 3rd grade reading

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 04:26 PM
LMFAO, check out how mad this guy is, hahaha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3417411&d=1307489181

ErickStevens
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
inb4modneg

IraHays
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
LMFAO, check out how mad this guy is, hahaha

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3417411&d=1307489181

Lulz. Not sure why he was so mad at you. You werent even being a dick to him in that thread.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 04:32 PM
inb4modnegI'm almost tempted to rep him for stepping outside of the supp forum & providing the lulz to the nutrition forum. :)

lovingit
06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm almost tempted to rep him for stepping outside of the supp forum & providing the lulz to the nutrition forum. :)Made me laugh. I'm thinking he has zero clue who you are or what you do.

RichL1982
06-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Hope you don't mod neg him. He helps out the supp section more than most.

LiftHeavy85
06-07-2011, 04:38 PM
J Zenk
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011393X02800315

notsureifserious

IraHays
06-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Hope you don't mod neg him. He helps out the supp section more than most.

Closing the Placebo section would help more.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Hope you don't mod neg him. He helps out the supp section more than most.ROFL

So that's the state of affairs in the supp section, huh?

I hope he helps the supp section out better than mixing up the difference between 4-5 studies & 1 study supporting the fat loss effects of [insert your favorite fix] in humans.

RichL1982
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
ROFL

I hope he helps the supp section out better than mixing up the difference between 4-5 studies & 1 study supporting the fat loss effects of [insert your favorite fix]

LOL. Read some of his posts he knows a bit. Your the champ in my book, BTW when is a new book coming?

Closing the Placebo section would help more.

We would be out of a forum.

LiftHeavy85
06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
brb giving someone 20 different things and pushing your supp for the reason it helped them lose weight. Strong science.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 04:51 PM
brb giving someone 20 different things and pushing your supp for the reason it helped them lose weight. Strong science.

They remind me of those pushing keto.
I tell them - but I am cutting perfectly with plenty of carbs, and I am not alone.

Yes, but..but...keto is still most optimal diet.

ROFL

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
LOL. Read some of his posts he knows a bit. Your the champ in my book, BTW when is a new book coming?All I've seen of neuron is some angry guy who's highly adept at putting both feet in his mouth. New book will have to wait a bit, I gotta get caught up with my current projects.

RichL1982
06-07-2011, 05:02 PM
All I've seen of neuron is some angry guy who's highly adept at putting both feet in his mouth. New book will have to wait a bit, I gotta get caught up with my current projects.

LOL. Nice. Looking forward to it. Been reading your stuff for awhile. Gotta get back in this nutrition section

Electricheadd
06-07-2011, 05:08 PM

This.
My favorite poster in Losing Fat.

I had to come here for a dose of sanity..... The Losing Fat section is a constant onslaught of the uninformed vs the unrealistic. You can only answer "hey dude I am 400 lbs do you think ill burn all my muscle if I do cardio" so many times.

lovingit
06-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I had to come here for a dose of sanity..... The Losing Fat section is a constant onslaught of the uninformed vs the unrealistic. You can only answer "hey dude I am 400 lbs do you think ill burn all my muscle if I do cardio" so many times.
The worst for me is all the super young guys with zero muscle cutting to see teh abz. Drives me crazy.

brb 5'11, 140 lbs and cutting

phal
06-07-2011, 05:17 PM
That whole section stinks, it's where I started but quickly migrated over here. No offense to the solid posters over there, they're just too far and in between,

ss4vegeta1
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
All I've seen of neuron is some angry guy who's highly adept at putting both feet in his mouth. New book will have to wait a bit, I gotta get caught up with my current projects.

http://orlyowl.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/orly.jpg

WOW a new book bro? Can we preorder it?:D:)
Alan what is this book going to be on? Updates from the last masterpiece? Btw forgive me but why don't you discuss more on training here? I wish we could get the best of both worlds from your vast knowledge. Thanks again for all your contributions.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 05:31 PM
WOW a new book bro? Can we preorder it?:D:)
Alan what is this book going to be on? Updates from the last masterpiece? Btw forgive me but why don't you discuss more on training here? I wish we could get the best of both worlds from your vast knowledge. Thanks again for all your contributions.You're welcome. I haven't even started the new book (well, indirectly I have), so please don't hold your breath for it.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 05:34 PM
You're welcome. I haven't even started the new book (well, indirectly I have), so please don't hold your breath for it.

I want an autographed copy, you know, Alan ;)

RichL1982
06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Alan,

Since your here. What are your thoughts on the scivation diets?

ErickStevens
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
You're welcome. I haven't even started the new book (well, indirectly I have), so please don't hold your breath for it.

So we should expect it around the same time as Martin's?

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Alan,

Since your here. What are your thoughts on the scivation diets?I don't see anything glaringly bad about them, as far as I can remember. Some of the reasoning behind separating carbs & protein I completely disagree with, but the diets themselves are fine (albeit seemingly kind of a pain). I think that Scivation has good customer service & I think they do a good job listening to the feedback on their products.

I want an autographed copy, you know, Alan ;)In blood!
So we should expect it around the same time as Martin's?For now, yeah (lul).

Korry1
06-07-2011, 05:59 PM

Don't forget some of the threads like:

"Bros I need to lose 10% bf in 2-4 weeks" or similar threads...

"Is extreme fat loss possible?" granted that he is just asking a question... at least the responses are rational

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135271451

I just have a log in the losing fat section... I generally try to avoid discussion in most of the threads..

EDIT: excuse me, I should have said "loose 10 lbs" instead of "lose 10 lbs"... lol!

RichL1982
06-07-2011, 06:01 PM
I don't see anything glaringly bad about them, as far as I can remember. Some of the reasoning behind separating carbs & protein I completely disagree with, but the diets themselves are fine (albeit seemingly kind of a pain). I think that Scivation has good customer service & I think they do a good job listening to the feedback on their products.
In blood!For now, yeah (lul).

Ok, I've had good success in the past losing some fat on it. If the bodpod is accurate I actually gained mass and lost fat while doing the diet.

Ajaro
06-07-2011, 06:42 PM
So we should expect it around the same time as Martin's?

two weeks?

getbustered
06-07-2011, 07:23 PM
What's funny to me personally is that AA and neuron are probably more alike than they realize. neuron is generally more of a point blank dick while AA is more into understated sarcasm when dealing with morons from what I've seen.

That said, they both have science backgrounds and are probably used to being right, especially when arguing with people on the internet. In another world, they should probably make a good broscience and supptard fighting team. neuron did amazing work during the slim xtreme fiasco and explaining the complicated "sciency" points to the masses.

Backus24
06-07-2011, 07:29 PM

I'll take an autographed first edition with your nude centerfold, like the first book.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
What's funny to me personally is that AA and neuron are probably more alike than they realize. neuron is generally more of a point blank dick while AA is more into understated sarcasm when dealing with morons from what I've seen.

That said, they both have science backgrounds and are probably used to being right, especially when arguing with people on the internet. I in another world, they should probably make a good broscience and supptard during team. neuron did amazing work during the slim xtreme fiasco and explaining the complicated "sciency" points to the masses. I said in the other thread, & now repeatedly, that 7-keto has weak evidence basis since it has only a single peer-reviewed study examining its body comp effects in humans (Kalman et al, 2000). I have already mentioned that the 2nd such study I was aware of (Colker et al, 1999) turned out to be merely an abstract presented at the 2nd annual ASEP meeting. Neuron originally claimed that there were 4-5 studies showing the product's efficacy. He then pared it down to 2, and finally presented a study involving a formula containing 7-keto + 7 other ingredients as one of his claimed 2 human studies that support 7-keto's fat loss capability in humans. Not only is it erroneous to present a study that's incapable of isolating 7-keto's effect due to its presence in a cocktail of several other ingredients - but no significant differences were seen in its effects on bodyfat or fat-free mass anyway. I'm sorry, but at this point, your defense of neuron is a tough sell.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok, I've had good success in the past losing some fat on it. If the bodpod is accurate I actually gained mass and lost fat while doing the diet.

Very inaccurate.

getbustered
06-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm sorry, but at this point, your defense of neuron is a tough sell.

He would respond the exact same way to my post... :D Long lost brothers? I'm sticking to my theory that you are a lot alike and are probably against much of the same stupidity sold as innovation in the supplement industry.

I'm not commenting on this particular disagreement especially since I didn't read the first thread and have read NONE of the studies referenced. I'm not interested in the ingredient at all, or taking any particular supplement right now, actually, so I have no dog in the race.

Just a general observation made after wasting 5+ years in multiple sections of the forums and reading posts from both of you during that time.

Ajaro
06-07-2011, 08:09 PM

very inaccurate

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=175

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
Maybe I should post in Losing Fat asking how to lose fat.
Bored, tired and aggravated :D:D

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm not commenting on this particular disagreement especially since I didn't read the first thread and have read NONE of the studies referenced. I'm not interested in the ingredient at all, or taking any particular supplement right now, actually, so I have no dog in the race. You don't even need to read the 1st thread, I summed it up in post #169 in this thread. Although if you go back to the 1st thread, you'll see some interesting feedback by Casey Butt on the shoddy data reporting in the single study neuron is hinging his bets on (in addition to the lol-cocktail study he presented here).

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Alan, how come you are not going to Vegas??
Manu is probably coming.

alan aragon
06-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Alan, how come you are not going to Vegas??
Manu is probably coming.I've used up my traveling alone credits for the year. :)

Seriously though, I'll be attending a friend's wedding in a different state during that time.

juliacheh
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I've used up my traveling alone credits for the year. :)

Seriously though, I'll be attending a friend's wedding in a different state during that time.

OK, I'll have to wait till next May then:):)

US_Ranger
06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I've used up my traveling alone credits for the year. :)

Interesting website you linked earlier. I like the "Low T" article:

http://www.lucharilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/GOT-low-T-2011.pdf

The ending was very fitting since I've had to deal with it myself (not low T but having to basically point a gun at the doctors head to get bloodwork).

What can you take away from Bob’s experiences? If Bob’s shown us anything, it’s that YOU
ARE ON YOUR OWN! It’s up to you to open your mouth and go out of your way to ask for
blood tests as your doctors won’t bother. Nowadays, it’s all about the antidepressant
marketplace, and believe me, there’s a massive market for it thanks to the health care
professionals that pawn every symptom off on depression.

Yep, doctors are pill pushers now.

KingOfChaos
06-07-2011, 09:12 PM

Someone has to do it, and lettuce be reality...if those guys came in here and asked those questions, they'd lose fat alright...as they were roasted over the spit. Better to break your cherry in Losing Fat than try to come straight into the lion's den. Nutrition forum really is more for the advanced individuals rather than people just starting out.

Electricheadd
06-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Someone has to do it, and lettuce be reality...if those guys came in here and asked those questions, they'd lose fat alright...as they were roasted over the spit. Better to break your cherry in Losing Fat than try to come straight into the lion's den. Nutrition forum really is more for the advanced individuals rather than people just starting out.

Very true, I actully like helping out the people in losing fat, and it's always very motivating to hear of success stories. Sometimes, the sheer number of new posters can be overwhelming but it's cool when you see somebody who gets it because of something you said.

Beech27
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
The worst for me is all the super young guys with zero muscle cutting to see teh abz. Drives me crazy.

brb 5'11, 140 lbs and cutting

Hey...

adamrochester
06-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Alan whats your take on coffee everyday ......

what im trying to ask here is. is it similar to taking a pre workout like jacked if you take it 7 days a week you will get used to the effect of it ?

what i was doing at the start of the year back when i had work at 430am i would have breaky with a coffee then at like 1130 before i trained id have a pre workout like ( jacked ) but id only use the preworkout 3-4x per week but after a couple of weeks i didnt feel any effect on both........

silly_sally808
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Finally caught up with this thread...said this once, and I'll say it again.

Alan, I really wish you were my Nutrition teacher. Sh!t would be awesome.

Took my last test today, forgot there was even a test. Walked out feelin' like a boss. Not taking final.

I'm reconsidering studying nutrition however, since it's what I do all day. But honestly, besides the online mentoring you do for all of us.............MAD lulz would be had in your class.

docchio
06-07-2011, 10:23 PM
*facepalm.jpeg*

"Green Bulge?" Really?

They should call it Hulk's c0ck

kusok
06-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Actually I've never heard of the guy until a few days ago. If he wants to battle science, i will crush him.

IMHO anyone who knows what a supplement "Keto-7" is, and doesn't know who AA is has their priorities in regards to nutritional education mixed up.

p.s.
How did the "crushing" go?

BNR
06-08-2011, 02:18 AM

Alan, is your website the only place to order your book?

viridian
06-08-2011, 02:33 AM
Alan whats your take on coffee everyday ......

what im trying to ask here is. is it similar to taking a pre workout like jacked if you take it 7 days a week you will get used to the effect of it ?

what i was doing at the start of the year back when i had work at 430am i would have breaky with a coffee then at like 1130 before i trained id have a pre workout like ( jacked ) but id only use the preworkout 3-4x per week but after a couple of weeks i didnt feel any effect on both........

You will adapt to caffeine, yes. And I've never taken Jack3d but Im pretty sure I remember there being caffeine in it. So, yes, if you consistently consume a similar amount of caffeine, it will eventually take more and more caffeine to get a similar/same effect.

Personally, about an entire two weeks of every other month I stop use of all caffeine/stim type product. Probably a bit extreme, but it keeps me from becoming dependent and it keeps me using a smaller dose of caffeine instead of gradually needing a huge amount.

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 03:08 AM
Personally, about an entire two weeks of every other month I stop use of all caffeine/stim type product. Probably a bit extreme, but it keeps me from becoming dependent and it keeps me using a smaller dose of caffeine instead of gradually needing a huge amount.

A smart thing to do.
I don't use any stimulants as supplements, but on this cut my coffee consumption became ridiculous. Need to cut down.
brb adrenal fatigue :(

adamrochester
06-08-2011, 03:09 AM
yeh i stop having my every day coffee as i dont work at the time any more :D but i take jacked 3-4 x a week and it always works i think yeh if you take it any more then 3-4x a week it wouldnt have the effect it does any more but what im curiouse about as to those people who do have coffee every day. if its for the taste the the answer is simple lol . but if people use it for a kick every day then ....... :|

AlwaysTryin
06-08-2011, 03:14 AM
yeh i stop having my every day coffee as i dont work at the time any more :D but i take jacked 3-4 x a week and it always works i think yeh if you take it any more then 3-4x a week it wouldnt have the effect it does any more but what im curiouse about as to those people who do have coffee every day. if its for the taste the the answer is simple lol . but if people use it for a kick every day then ....... :|

Got punctuation? Lol :p

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Got punctuation? Lol :p

OMG, Always, I am starting to be afraid of you :D
brb proofreading my posts twice.

AlwaysTryin
06-08-2011, 03:20 AM
OMG, Always, I am starting to be afraid of you :D
brb proofreading my posts twice.

Hahaha don't worry I stuffed up yesterday :)

It's only loose, lose, weight, weigh etc that annoy me

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Hahaha don't worry I stuffed up yesterday :)

I have typos sometimes. Typing too fast causes that.

WonderPug
06-08-2011, 03:53 AM
^ Good morning Julia.

So a post about how too loose weigh would annoy you ;)

AlwaysTryin
06-08-2011, 04:01 AM
^ Good morning Julia.

So a post about how too loose weigh would annoy you ;)

Yes and too/to and his/he's lol

Cumulonimbus
06-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Good morning fellow North Americans, good afternoon Euro's and good evening Aussies :)

Ajaro
06-08-2011, 04:28 AM
Good morning fellow North Americans, good afternoon Euro's and good evening Aussies :)

and...Japan?

WonderPug
06-08-2011, 04:29 AM
and...Japan?

Good evening ;)

Ajaro
06-08-2011, 04:37 AM
awesome. And a good evening it is!

BunkMoreland
06-08-2011, 04:49 AM
he came in guns blazing - showed his backside- then disappeared without a counterpunch. from war speed to stop. 5 star thrad. dunno what it originally started as.

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 04:52 AM
I promise to Always that I will proofread my posts.

Good day, everybody :)

lovingit
06-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Drinking coffee and waiting for the crushing to commence. Morning folks. :D

GrokTheCube
06-08-2011, 05:35 AM
Is this now a chat thread? If so, good morning!

dukend
06-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Drinking coffee and waiting for the crushing to commence. Morning folks. :D

What kind? I'm sippin my DD coffee at the moment

ven33
06-08-2011, 05:39 AM
I don't understand why people post threads calling out Alan, then disappear. If you are dumb enough to call Alan out, at least put forth an effort to prove him wrong.

To OP, seriously if you don't say something you must be trolling.

To the Warrior Diet Toolbag nueron, Seriously if you say you are going to stomp Alan with science....where is said science? We're waiting......

lovingit
06-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Starbucks x-bold Italian Roast with sf french vanilla creamer. =)

I am going to try to be nice today, but I'm disappointed in humanity. My son left his Nintendo DS at the gym daycare and someone stole it. :( I just don't get people.

Phrak
06-08-2011, 05:45 AM

Love dunkin donuts! Coffee shops in canada dont understand what a true iced coffee is.

Its always labour intensive trying to get one.

Shrederator
06-08-2011, 05:56 AM
Love dunkin donuts! Coffee shops in canada dont understand what a true iced coffee is.

Its always labour intensive trying to get one.

I thought everything in Canada was "iced."

http://www.thefightingwannstaches.com/wp-content/uploads/themoreyouknow.jpg

Phrak
06-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Only 10/12 months a year. We get two months of springish weather.

Solid dig though. I laffed.

VincentiT
06-08-2011, 06:01 AM
Speaking of iced coffee.. I'm going to need a few. 95 in NYC today, and I primarily work outside FML.

LiftHeavy85
06-08-2011, 06:11 AM
lol@ neuron getting destroyed and then fleeing the thread never to be seen in the nutrition section again, pretty funny he gets destroyed and heads back to the supp section where people hardly challenge him.

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Starbucks Americano WTF.

@VincentiT - OMG, you work outside in NYC. This is fuked up:(:(

Shrederator
06-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Starbucks Americano WTF.

@VincentiT - OMG, you work outside in NYC. This is fuked up:(:(

What's with folks from NYC complaining about the weather all the time?

I live in SoDak where it blizzards for 6 months before finally giving way to 4 months of extreme humidity and 90+ degree weather. (Yes, we have two nice months, May and September)

Happens in NYC once and they poop their collective pants.

I blame Al.

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 06:32 AM

I live in SoDak where it blizzards for 6 months before finally giving way to 4 months of extreme humidity and 90+ degree weather. (Yes, we have two nice months, May and September)

I blame Al.

I am not complaining, but summer in NYC is meh. Too humid for my liking.

GrokTheCube
06-08-2011, 06:42 AM

I'm honestly not fond of the weather here in general. It feels like it's below freezing half the year, and 90 with 90% humidity the rest. At some point, I may move the the southwest. It's very hot, but not too humid, and consistent at least.

sawoobley
06-08-2011, 06:52 AM
I don't understand why people post threads calling out Alan, then disappear. If you are dumb enough to call Alan out, at least put forth an effort to prove him wrong.

To the Warrior Diet Toolbag nueron, Seriously if you say you are going to stomp Alan with science....where is said science? We're waiting......

Never call out a guy with rep power over one million unless your 100% sure your right and even then tread lightly!

Shrederator
06-08-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm honestly not fond of the weather here in general. It feels like it's below freezing half the year, and 90 with 90% humidity the rest. At some point, I may move the the southwest. It's very hot, but not too humid, and consistent at least.

Just don't move to AZ, unless it's farther north (Flagstaff/Sedona etc.).

I made that mistake by saying, "Oh yeah, it's hot... but it's dry heat" and moved to Phoenix.

Well, 120° is freaking hot, whether it's dry or not.

GrokTheCube
06-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Just don't move to AZ, unless it's farther north (Flagstaff/Sedona etc.).

I made that mistake by saying, "Oh yeah, it's hot... but it's dry heat" and moved to Phoenix.

Well, 120° is freaking hot, whether it's dry or not.

Yeah. Living in that sort of climate, you basically have to stay inside during the hotest few hours.

ErickStevens
06-08-2011, 07:02 AM

lol @ NYC being humid. Come on down to FL. ;)

lovingit
06-08-2011, 07:03 AM
lol @ NYC being humid. Come on down to FL. ;)Or Atlanta. Summer just started and it's already 95 degrees. Even my kids won't play outside in this heat/humidity.

Jakeylee
06-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Does this mean Alan Aragon holds a similar view of intermittant fasting (and Martin Berkhan) to the Warrior Diet then?

BunkMoreland
06-08-2011, 07:23 AM

you think this is bad erick- give it another month when we get the daily monsoon. you'll be able to go outside for a drink of fresh air

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 07:24 AM

I want to. Maybe one day.

desslok
06-08-2011, 07:26 AM

I blame Al.

You guys in other places don't know how lucky you have it. I wake up here in So Cal every.single.day, same old freakin forecast, next 300 days, low 70s and sunny blah blah blah, perfect day at the beaches. You don't even have to watch the news, and you have no excuses to not do stuff. Lucky you get to say stuff like "I would paint the house if it weren't for this blizzard", etc. Not me, get no excuses :(

lovingit
06-08-2011, 07:28 AM
You guys in other places don't know how lucky you have it. I wake up here in So Cal every.single.day, same old freakin forecast, next 300 days, low 70s and sunny blah blah blah, perfect day at the beaches. You don't even have to watch the news, and you have no excuses to not do stuff. Lucky you get to say stuff like "I would paint the house if it weren't for this blizzard", etc. Not me, get no excuses :(negged

j/k

Someone turned in my son's DS! My faith in humanity is restored. :D

Ajaro
06-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Does this mean Alan Aragon holds a similar view of intermittant fasting (and Martin Berkhan) to the Warrior Diet then?

no.

juliacheh
06-08-2011, 07:33 AM
To folks asking about Alan and IF.

Alan is completely fine with IF.

WonderPug
06-08-2011, 07:36 AM
To folks asking about Alan and IF. Alan is completely fine with IF.

Exactly.

See: http://www.leangains.com/2010/03/alan-aragon-on-intermittent-fasting.html

Electricheadd
06-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Exactly.

See: http://www.leangains.com/2010/03/alan-aragon-on-intermittent-fasting.html

LOL you beat me to it! I was just digging up that link!

neuron
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM

lol@ neuron getting destroyed and then fleeing the thread never to be seen in the nutrition section again, pretty funny he gets destroyed and heads back to the supp section where people hardly challenge him.

Well #1, I have no idea what the "Warrior Diet" is. #2 I forgot about this thread, or I would have returned earlier.

Nevertheless, where exactly did he present "science" and where was I destroyed? As far as I can see, he's still confused about statistics, and insinuating that the authors of the study were idiots. I personally don't accept every study produced as gospel, but unless you have some type of definitive evidence of incongruity, then it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself -ESPECIALLY if the reasoning your using is flawed to being with. If anyone still think's his statistics are correct, stay tuned because I am writing an article on this very topic. ;)

7-keto has two clinical, peer reviewed studies on it. It has 5-6 studies performed on it in humans and dozens of studies done on animal models. I digress. How many other "fat loss" ingredients can say the same? The amount of money Humanetics spent to investigate this compound is mind-blowing when compared with 99% of the crap supplement companies produce.

The first study is done on 7-keto alone, and the second one is performed on a "propriety extract" of 7-keto and a few other ingredients. The obvious hope was that the proprietary blend would increase the effects of 7-keto, although the end result was essentially the same when compared to 7-keto alone. If anyone thinks the other ingredients are what contributed to its effects on weightloss in this study, then you are beyond hope (lol @ low-dose -tyrosine, asparagus root extract, choline bitartrate, inositol, copper gluconate, manganese, and potassium iodide). The next propriety blend (http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(04)00260-6/abstract) also had a small study performed, although the dose of 7-keto was 1/4th used in the first two studies, and the blend contained definite confounds (forskolin), which is why I didn't mention it to begin with. The results were also subpar, although significant for an increase in RMR.

Suffice to say, anyone who consides this compound to be "crap" is either 1) ignorant or 2) vindictive

http://www.humaneticsingredients.com/ittrium/reference/ClinicalTrialComparison.jpg?path=A1x7b9x1y1x870x1x 65y1x874x1x65y1x89dx1x65y8x89fx66x1

http://www.humaneticsingredients.com/ittrium/reference/BodyFatComparison.jpg?path=A1x7b9x1y1x870x1x65y1x8 74x1x65y1x89dx1x65y8x8a1x66x1

Synapsin
06-08-2011, 08:12 PM
I wonder how long it'll be until feelsg00dmayne posts the same thing again in here.

Hookup
06-08-2011, 08:26 PM
I'll have either potatoes, rice, or cereal, but it's not a daily occurrence; more of a weekly thing. I get most of my daily carbs from fruit & dairy, & a minor portion from honey or brown sugar. I should probably edit those foods into my other post.

Alan, why the lack of grains and starchy veg carbs? Whatever happened to the bowl of cereal before bed?

MASSter
06-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Well #1, I have no idea what the "Warrior Diet" is. #2 I forgot about this thread, or I would have returned earlier.

Nevertheless, where exactly did he present "science" and where was I destroyed? As far as I can see, he's still confused about statistics, and insinuating that the authors of the study were idiots. I personally don't accept every study produced as gospel, but unless you have some type of definitive evidence of incongruity, then it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself -ESPECIALLY if the reasoning your using is flawed to being with. If anyone still think's his statistics are correct, stay tuned because I am writing an article on this very topic. ;)

7-keto has two clinical, peer reviewed studies on it. It has 5-6 studies performed on it in humans and dozens of studies done on animal models. I digress. How many other "fat loss" ingredients can say the same? The amount of money Humanetics spent to investigate this compound is mind-blowing when compared with 99% of the crap supplement companies produce.

The first study is done on 7-keto alone, and the second one is performed on a "propriety extract" of 7-keto and a few other ingredients. The obvious hope was that the proprietary blend would increase the effects of 7-keto, although the end result was essentially the same when compared to 7-keto alone. If anyone thinks the other ingredients are what contributed to its effects on weightloss in this study, then you are beyond hope (lol @ low-dose -tyrosine, asparagus root extract, choline bitartrate, inositol, copper gluconate, manganese, and potassium iodide). The next propriety blend (http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(04)00260-6/abstract) also had a small study performed, although the dose of 7-keto was 1/4th used in the first two studies, and the blend contained definite confounds (forskolin), which is why I didn't mention it to begin with. The results were also subpar, although significant for an increase in RMR.

Suffice to say, anyone who consides this compound to be "crap" is either 1) ignorant or 2) vindictive

http://www.humaneticsingredients.com/ittrium/reference/ClinicalTrialComparison.jpg?path=A1x7b9x1y1x870x1x 65y1x874x1x65y1x89dx1x65y8x89fx66x1

http://www.humaneticsingredients.com/ittrium/reference/BodyFatComparison.jpg?path=A1x7b9x1y1x870x1x65y1x8 74x1x65y1x89dx1x65y8x8a1x66x1Ladies and gentlemen intermission is over. Please return to your seats.

alan aragon
06-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Alan, why the lack of grains and starchy veg carbs? Whatever happened to the bowl of cereal before bed?Ain't my daily routine. A little closer to 1-2 x a week, depending. Less volume of activity warrants less energy in.

feelsg00dmayne
06-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I wonder how long it'll be until feelsg00dmayne posts the same thing again in here.

you called buddy?

alan aragon
06-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Nevertheless, where exactly did he present "science" and where was I destroyed? As far as I can see, he's still confused about statistics, and insinuating that the authors of the study were idiots. I personally don't accept every study produced as gospel, but unless you have some type of definitive evidence of incongruity, then it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself -ESPECIALLY if the reasoning your using is flawed to being with. If anyone still think's his statistics are correct, stay tuned because I am writing an article on this very topic. ;)I spoke directly with Doug Kalman (the lead author of the study) this afternoon for at least half an hour. He admitted that the presentation of data in table 2 looked "a little bit funky" and admitted that he did not know how those values were generated, and that indeed they looked odd. This was impressively candid of him, since he could have reached for excuses or fabricated some sort of answer to silence my questioning. In addition, one of my colleagues noticed some discrepant aspects of the data, which he clearly explained in the other thread. So, don't try to write this off as just me baselessly questioning the data.
7-keto has two clinical, peer reviewed studies on it. The first study is done on 7-keto alone, and the second one is performed on a "propriety extract" of 7-keto and a few other ingredients. The obvious hope was that the proprietary blend would increase the effects of 7-keto, although the end result was essentially the same when compared to 7-keto alone. If anyone thinks the other ingredients are what contributed to its effects on weightloss in this study, then you are beyond hope (lol @ low-dose -tyrosine, asparagus root extract, choline bitartrate, inositol, copper gluconate, manganese, and potassium iodide). You keep repeating that 7-keto has 2 human studies behind it. Yet, you are in denial that one of those studies involved a formula that contained 7-keto plus other compounds, and thus it's impossible to isolate the effects of 7-keto. The authors themselves stated that the accompanying ingredients were tested for a possible synergistic effect with 7-keto. Nevermind though, to quote the results, "There were no significant between-group differences in changes in body fat, BMR, or fat-free mass." As it stands, 7-keto actually only has one peer-reviewed study demonstrating its isolated effects on body comp in humans.
The next propriety blend (http://www.nutritionjrnl.com/article/S0899-9007(04)00260-6/abstract) also had a small study performed, although the dose of 7-keto was 1/4th used in the first two studies, and the blend contained definite confounds (forskolin), which is why I didn't mention it to begin with. The results were also subpar, although significant for an increase in RMR.There's really no need to continue reading after you said, "The next propriety blend..." Because again, the same principle in my above response applies. However, I agree with you that the results were subpar (less than 1 lb more fat loss than placebo in 8 weeks). To reiterate, 7-keto thus only has one peer-reviewed study demonstrating its isolated effects on body comp in humans. The two 7-keto-containing formula studies you presented showed unremarkable effects on body comp, so they fail on their own. You can call me vindictive or whatever the hell you want, but when a compound's peer-reviewed human research basis boils down to single company-sponsored study with data reporting that perplexes the lead author of the study, I'd rather be called skeptical.

docchio
06-08-2011, 10:13 PM
To folks asking about Alan and IF.

Alan is completely fine with IF.

I heard a rumour that Alan and Martin were caught together on film drinking Apple martinis while performing high rep bicep curls.

alan aragon
06-08-2011, 10:20 PM
I heard a rumour that Alan and Martin were caught together on film drinking Apple martinis while performing high rep bicep curls.Actually, we were doing squats super-setted with curls - in the power cage, of course. It's a great complex. And what looked like martinis was actually apple-flavored Xtenze.

docchio
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=alan aragon;696581511]Actually, we were doing squats super-setted with curls - in the power cage, of course.

Oh yeah, Squrls.

Electricheadd
06-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Actually, we were doing squats super-setted with curls - in the power cage, of course. It's a great complex. And what looked like martinis was actually apple-flavored Xtenze.

So you admit your the ass in the squat rack doing curls!!!!

docchio
06-08-2011, 10:25 PM

No, he isn't that stupid. He clearly said he was doing squrls.

WonderPug
06-08-2011, 10:26 PM

It's "you're", not "your".

It's a pet peeve of mine...

alan aragon
06-08-2011, 10:26 PM
So you admit your the ass in the squat rack doing curls!!!!If you take enough Xtenze, you feel like you own the place. Curls spontaneously happen everywhere.

Electricheadd
06-08-2011, 10:28 PM

Sorry typing on an iPhone.

docchio
06-08-2011, 10:30 PM

I do not abbreviate many things anymore lol. It is my way of avoiding such errors, and makes me appear to be of an age long forgotten, when merry men roamed the countryside hunting wild boar and singing songs of great kings.

Edit: fuk I have been watching too much game of thrones

Electricheadd
06-08-2011, 10:30 PM
If you take enough Xtenze, you feel like you own the place. Curls spontaneously happen everywhere.

This explains a lot about those guys walking around the gym sipping BCAAs.

alan aragon
06-08-2011, 10:34 PM
This explains a lot about those guys walking around the gym sipping BCAAs.The mad stomp is NOT an act, it's genuine rapture... :)

docchio
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM
The mad stomp is NOT an act, it's genuine rapture... :)

It is also to ward off potential opponents and attract possible breeding partners.

adamrochester
06-09-2011, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4qijyxBV9g&feature=player_embedded

AlwaysTryin
06-09-2011, 12:25 AM

I'm creating a grammatically correct forum!

adamrochester
06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
change your name AT spell ...... or ATdictionary or ATGram