PDA

View Full Version : Diet assitance

rasposporous
06-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone this is my first post, I have read info in regards to what I need to tell you to get sound advice so hopefully theres enough here:

I have previously worked out over the years but never with the intensity & commitment that I now have, I struggle to put on weight normally although I have put on 12 pounds since I started working out which I am really happy with.

Im looking to build lean muscle, Im 30 years old, 6ft tall, I started training in Feb my weight was originally 190 pounds I now weigh in at 202 pounds but feel some of this weight has appeared slightly on my stomach, I want to stop this before it becomes noticable to others, apart from this I am happy with my progress and am really enjoying everything about working out.

I have been following my below diet for 2 weeks (before this I was being less strict allthough most of it was the same as below, except i was having white pasta and eating out or having take out once per week)

I work out 5 times a week (not sure how relevant this is but figured more info the better)

Supplements: USN Sts fuel & Size-on *I take a smaller portion of the USN so rather than the 44g protein and 49 carbs i intake 33g protein and 36.75 carbs each drink**

Meal 1: Porridge with semi skimmed milk, banana, fat free yogurt , pint of skimmed milk (overall, 70g carbs, 35g protein 6g fat)

Meal 2: Brown rice, tuna, sweet chilli sauce (36g protein, 55g carbs, 11g fat)

Meal 3: Wholemeal turkey sub, lettuce, cucumber, USN Shake (75g carbs, 35g protein)

Meal 4: (pre gym wbolewheat pasta, chicken, spoonful of pesto (66g carbs, 33g protein)

Gym-------Size-on during workout, USN immediately after.

Meal 5: 1 chicken breast, broccoli, sweet potatoes (33g protein, 50g carbs)

Meal 6: Cottage cheese & blueberrys (28g protein)

Im just wanting to know if this diet will help me get where I want to be, im eager to learn and take my progress to the next level.

Also does my diet on non workout days need to be any different?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PBateman2
06-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Total calories? Fat intake looks suspect.

If you have gained 12lbs thus far with a slight to minimal fat gain - consider that excellent progress.

WonderPug
06-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Quick question: why do you eat 6 times per day?

otterakl
06-03-2011, 11:31 AM
This diet looks like it was put together by a:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4080/4907655172_63994466da.jpg

rasposporous
06-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Total calories? Fat intake looks suspect.

If you have gained 12lbs thus far with a slight to minimal fat gain - consider that excellent progress.

It does seem good progress but maybe I was under weight in the first place?? I havent counted cal's as i based my diet on a calculation of my size which allows me to have 37g protein per meal, 63g carbs per meal & 13g fat per meal. Should I concentrate more on cals?? Thanks

PBateman2
06-03-2011, 11:47 AM
It does seem good progress but maybe I was under weight in the first place?? I havent counted cal's as i based my diet on a calculation of my size which allows me to have 37g protein per meal, 63g carbs per meal & 13g fat per meal. Should I concentrate more on cals?? Thanks

On the surface, if you started at 190lbs (height 6ft), I wouldnt call that underweight. Much of it is subjective and perception though.

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIiIKES!! I think youre going to drive yourself nuts hitting particular macros for every meal. You dont have to be that structured. Meal frequency and nutrient timing (for the most part) are irrelevant. Up to you.

I think you should read the links below. Focus on the big picture -nailing your calorie/macro targets on a consistent basis and with however many meals you prefer.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133634471
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123915821

GL. Train hard.

Christiffer
06-03-2011, 11:48 AM

You should be more concerned about hitting daily totals, not being so nuerotic about spreading them perfectly over 6 meals.

rasposporous
06-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks for your help mate I will take a look at these.

rasposporous
06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I wouldnt say I've been neurotic just explaining why I haven't counted cals I mainly use it as a guide but will take a look at the links and learn more.