PDA

View Full Version : Best team for this years hard knocks..

RollinSwollin28
05-29-2011, 07:58 AM
What team would you most like to watch on HBO for this years harknocks? IMO, i think the panthers would be the best team. they have some compelling story lines. Big name rookie qb,(cam newton) Some vocal and entertaining players. d-williams, jon beason, steve smith.
Rookie head coach. steve smith trade speculation. Jimmy clausen getting a raw deal. They could focus on players like armanti Edwards and Everette Brown trying to turn their careers around. all in all a solid team they shoould atleast consider. just sayin

magicmatt
05-29-2011, 07:59 AM
obviously would love to see the patriots. but i'd say the lions or steelers or someone completely dysfunctional like the bengals

edit: also this thread is just gonna turn into everyone listing their own team like you did and i kind of did

AlphaDog3
05-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I was going to say the Pats, too. I don't think they'd pick the Panthers, not enough marquee names... but who knows. They had the Bengals a few seasons ago.

I'll go out on a limb and say they pick the Seahawks or Falcons.

magicmatt
05-29-2011, 08:04 AM
I was going to say the Pats, too. I don't think they'd pick the Panthers, not enough marquee names... but who knows. They had the Bengals a few seasons ago.

I'll go out on a limb and say they pick the Seahawks or Falcons.

was not aware bengals were already on. will look up to watch

Dennis71
05-29-2011, 08:04 AM
nobody wants to watch Hard knocks featuring the Carolina Panthers

nobody wants Steve Smith
and nobody could care less if Armanti Edwards or Everette Brown actually do something this upcoming season...

basically, nobody wants to have it featuring a ****tty team...

wouldnt be surprised if it was the Atlanta Falcons

Tyler44
05-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Id love to see the Browns get to do one, but not being a homer Id like to see the Pats, Saints or Steelers.

charity4thepoor
05-29-2011, 08:05 AM
panthers should do it

justinfrazer
05-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Hard Knocks is one of my favorite shows. I was disappointed that the Buccaneers actually turned down the chance to be on it.

magicmatt
05-29-2011, 08:06 AM
Id love to see the Browns get to do one, but not being a homer Id like to see the Pats, Saints or Steelers.

saints or chargers would be great too

chlaxman
05-29-2011, 08:07 AM
There won't be Hard Knocks this year.

Panthers could be interesting with the new coaching staff and if Smitty is still around. I'd rather not see it though.

RollinSwollin28
05-29-2011, 08:08 AM
besides the panthers, i think the bears would be a good team or the ravens, broncos, lions, or pats(danny woodhead ftw)

Tyler44
05-29-2011, 08:17 AM
saints or chargers would be great too

Id like to see hows Brees runs things. Guy is pretty vocal.

turk75
05-29-2011, 08:24 AM
yah aside from seeing the Browns do it.. I'd love to see how Brees runs things for the Saints.

& real quick, why did the bucs turn it down?

inb4tc
05-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Honestly, the Jets just like last year. That was must-watch television. Never will happen though

Gator286
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
I hate to say it, but I'd love to watch the Pats.

cramron
05-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Steelers could be interesting. Rapelisburger in your face all summer. Defensive coaching staff penalizing defenders in practice for going too rough. Could witness the DE-evolution of the hard nose old school defenses right in front of our eyes.....Hines Ward winning dancing with the stars...Mendenhall and his Osama bin laden episode. Steelers have the story lines to win the hard knocks 2011...

ps I hate steelers but respect potential storylines

urintrouble
05-29-2011, 12:39 PM
detroit of course. no homer

blahblahblahh
05-29-2011, 03:07 PM
detroit of course. no homer

ya I would have liked detroit, but I think they already turned it down as like the 4th team it was offered to or something like that.

megatron/a healthy stafford/best/pettigrew/suh/fairley and how all the young guys come together would have been cool to see

PatrickBateman1
05-29-2011, 03:10 PM
What team would you most like to watch on HBO for this years harknocks? IMO, i think the panthers would be the best team. they have some compelling story lines. Big name rookie qb,(cam newton) Some vocal and entertaining players. d-williams, jon beason, steve smith.
Rookie head coach. steve smith trade speculation. Jimmy clausen getting a raw deal. They could focus on players like armanti Edwards and Everette Brown trying to turn their careers around. all in all a solid team they shoould atleast consider. just sayin

Dude nobody gives a phuck about the Panthers.

obviously would love to see the patriots. but i'd say the lions or steelers or someone completely dysfunctional like the bengals

edit: also this thread is just gonna turn into everyone listing their own team like you did and i kind of did

Honestly, I don't think the Pats would be too amazing for non-Pats fans. Bill wouldn't like cameras being everywhere and he'd probably cut them off from a lot of stuff. He doesn't want attention, he just wants to do business.

Bengals has already been done but it was really damn good. Ocho was hilarious.

Lions would probably be the best overall choice IMO.

Gator286
05-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Dude nobody gives a phuck about the Panthers.

Honestly, I don't think the Pats would be too amazing for non-Pats fans. Bill wouldn't like cameras being everywhere and he'd probably cut them off from a lot of stuff. He doesn't want attention, he just wants to do business.

Bengals has already been done but it was really damn good. Ocho was hilarious.

Lions would probably be the best overall choice IMO.

Wait, I thought Bill DOES love cameras everywhere...

BeachBrah22
05-29-2011, 03:17 PM
they need to do the niners

Dennis71
05-29-2011, 03:19 PM
they need to do the niners

why? will being on Hard Knocks finally allow Alex Smith to "break Out"?

BeachBrah22
05-29-2011, 03:23 PM
why? will being on Hard Knocks finally allow Alex Smith to "break Out"?

honestly we have the hottest 1-2 quarterbacks in the league

David Carr and Alex Smith are both 9/10+ no question

http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/05/27/sp-49ers28_PH1_0503536412.jpg

NoS_oUtLaSt
05-29-2011, 03:34 PM
ATL - In b4 your homer. A good young team who just pulled off one of craziest trades of the draft.
TB - Same as falcons. A good young upcoming team.
NO - Coming back from a down year. Drew Brees and Sean Peyton are both pretty entertaining. The Reggie Bush drama.
Det- Same as ATL and Tampa Bay as a young upcoming team.

lovebbing
05-29-2011, 03:37 PM

this, bill would never agree to do hard knocks.

^^^

atlanta already turned it down.

honestly we have the hottest 1-2 quarterbacks in the league

David Carr and Alex Smith are both 9/10+ no question

loooool

magicmatt
05-29-2011, 03:38 PM
ATL - In b4 your homer. A good young team who just pulled off one of stupidest trades of the draft.
TB - Same as falcons. A good young upcoming team.
NO - Coming back from a down year. Drew Brees and Sean Peyton are both pretty entertaining. The Reggie Bush drama.
Det- Same as ATL and Tampa Bay as a young upcoming team.

fixed

Mac_xX
05-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Saints would be good, 49ers would be cool as well.

turk75
05-29-2011, 03:42 PM
fixed

hahaha this.... Cleveland should be in prison right now for rape charges against ATL

ESPforMe
05-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Packers would be cool I think. SB champs, ARod to provide the lulz, huge fanbase. I'm sure it's not gonna happen, doesn't seem like the pack would do it

iamgenus
05-29-2011, 03:53 PM
I'd like to see the niners just cuz I think Harbaugh has passion to spare and they would have some good competitions to watch. From what I hear they'd decline anyways...

Outside of the niners I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit. I think they're about to turn things around and have some talented players to watch.

Carolina would be terrible to watch. Not necessarily cuz they're a terrible team but they're just all over the place and outside of Newton there isn't much to watch there.

C411911
05-29-2011, 04:00 PM
colts

http://thesportsgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/TheManyFacesAndEmotionsOfJimCaldwell.jpg