PDA

View Full Version : Rate the healthiness of this cereal I make out of 10

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 02:46 PM
- 1 cup organic brown rice cereal (<1 gram sugar per serving)
- 2 tbsp organic creamy valencia peanut butter (1 gram sugar per tbsp, no sodium, I replace separated peanut oil floating on top of jar with extra virgin olive oil before mixing)
- 2 tbsp organic pre ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp organic raw honey straight from the beehive
- 1/2 tbsp organic crushed almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract added to it

WonderPug
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
irrelevant/10

vrundmc
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
- 2 tbsp organic creamy valencia peanut butter (1 gram sugar per tbsp, no sodium, I replace separated peanut oil floating on top of jar with extra virgin olive oil before mixing)
- 3/4 cup lactose free milk with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract added to it

no. no one cares. eat what you like as long as it fits your macros.

PhiSig2298
05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Needsmarshmallows/10

VincentiT
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
addicecreamandiwilleat/10

Lmao WTF

hulk4
05-25-2011, 02:52 PM
- I replace separated peanut oil floating on top of jar with extra virgin olive oil before mixing)

Lolll whattt??

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Lolll whattt??

Extra virgin olive oil has lots of health benefits and the 3 tbsp or so of peanut oil floating on top when you first open the jar has minimal health benefits. So I dump the peanut oil and replace with olive. There is no taste difference whatsoever once you blend it good enough.

junkyarddog84
05-25-2011, 03:08 PM
whats with the all organic stuff? Anyway why not just use rolled or steel cut oats?

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:10 PM
gay

fruit loops + milk

VincentiT
05-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Extra virgin olive oil has lots of health benefits and the 3 tbsp or so of peanut oil floating on top when you first open the jar has minimal health benefits. So I dump the peanut oil and replace with olive. There is no taste difference whatsoever once you blend it good enough.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why not just leave the peanut oil, and have olive oil elsewhere in your diet? But hey.. it's your money.

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:13 PM
thats true. Olive oil is a "heart healthy" oil. Every other oil gives you heart disease.

VincentiT
05-25-2011, 03:17 PM
thats true. Olive oil is a "heart healthy" oil. Every other oil gives you heart disease.

http://files.sharenator.com/intredasting_RE_Toothfairy-s685x567-170917.jpg

viridian
05-25-2011, 03:19 PM

wow... youre uh.. kinda defeating the point of buying PEANUT butter...

lmfao

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
wow... youre uh.. kinda defeating the point of buying PEANUT butter...

lmfao

Am I?

BRB acting like I have health knowledge even though I have none.

This study points out some interesting facts; however, the authors fail to appreciate several important points about peanuts such as:

They are loaded with omega-6 fats that distort the omega 3:6 ratio
They are frequently contaminated with a carcinogenic mold called aflatoxin
Peanuts are one of the most pesticide-contaminated crops

Fortunately, there are some relatively safe ways to reduce these negative effects. First, you can obtain Arrowhead Mills organic peanut butter. These peanuts are grown in New Mexico, and aflatoxin has not been reported to be a problem in that state due to the dry conditions. The organic version of the peanut butter is also pesticide free.

Additionally, you can pour off the oil that settles on the top of the peanut butter jar rather than stirring it into the peanut butter, as this will lower the omega-6 content. If this makes it too dry for your taste you can stir in some olive oil or macadamia nut oil, both of which are very low in omega-6 fats and far higher in safe monounsaturated fats. Avoid using canola oil as a filler, as it is fraught with other potential problems.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2003/08/20/peanuts-health.aspx

I have the exact peanut butter he is talking about. Dr. Mercola health advice > misc. health advice.

bappz08
05-25-2011, 03:25 PM
This sums it up:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134833871

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:27 PM
This sums it up:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134833871

Sums up....?

PhiSig2298
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
I have the exact peanut butter he is talking about. Dr. Mercola health advice > misc. health advice.

Doctors are right 100% of the time?

viridian
05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Am I?

BRB acting like I have health knowledge even though I have none.

I actually do know that about peanuts (which would be why I dont have PB in my diet at all)... I did not however know that you could offset that ratio a touch by using olive oil in place of the peanut oil. But at the same time, I dont see how that small amount of oil could possibly make THAT much difference.

If youre going to that much trouble, why not use a different nut butter altogether?

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:31 PM

oh lawd...

scare tactics against peanut butter. You know wut else will screw up your omega 3: omega 6 ratio? Every other food.

Strong sources with obviously great peer-reviewed studies.

derp derp he has dr. infront of his name so he must know everything derp derp

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:32 PM
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why not just leave the peanut oil, and have olive oil elsewhere in your diet? But hey.. it's your money.

See above post.

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Doctors are right 100% of the time?

No but the misc is right less than 10 ;)

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:34 PM
No but the misc is right less than 10 ;)

this isnt the misc..?

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:36 PM
oh lawd...

scare tactics against peanut butter. You know wut else will screw up your omega 3: omega 6 ratio? Every other food.

Strong sources with obviously great peer-reviewed studies.

derp derp he has dr. infront of his name so he must know everything derp derp

Not really scare tactics at all. It's just common sense that extra virgin olive oil is healthier than peanut oil, I OD on that peanut butter as is, might as well get some good ol olive oil in there.

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Not really scare tactics at all. It's just common sense that extra virgin olive oil is healthier than peanut oil, I OD on that peanut butter as is, might as well get some good ol olive oil in there.

how is one "healthier" than the other?

peanuts vs olives...

thats like saying squatting is better than deadlifting or vice versa...

Im pretty sure you're a troll.

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
how is one "healthier" than the other?

peanuts vs olives...

Srs?

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=132

joebrosef
05-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Srs?

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=132

srs?

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=101

PhiSig2298
05-25-2011, 03:51 PM
You're missing the point...

Your cereal sounds and probably tastes fukking boring! Olive oil? Peanut oil? Who gives a rats ass? Hell, use sun tan oil for all I care

JackedMan69
05-25-2011, 03:54 PM
srs?

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=101

That's the point... I'm eating sometimes 1/2 cup of peanut butter a day, I'm getting all the health benefits of peanuts, so replacing the peanut oil with olive oil is a nice little trade off for my overall health. I also add about 1 tsp Celtic sea salt to each 8 oz peanut butter as it comes unsalted.