PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Fasting help

ChinoXXXL
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Was looking into IF, but I'm not sure if it would work with my schedule or not. I was hoping I could get some input from someone with some experience using it.

Work - 6pm-6:30am
Gym - 8am-9:15am
Sleep - 10am-4pm

Can I benefit from IF with this type of schedule?
What would be the best time frame for me to eat?
When do I supplement creatine & protein?

Thanks in advance.

MindWentBlank
05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Its up to you. IF is an 8 hour feeding window with your largest meal coming after you workout. Are you allowed to eat at some point during work? You could set your meals up to be half way through work, after work and post workout, with your largest meal post workout. The main benefit I find doing IF is not having to focus on food throughout the entire day. You could also just eat two meals a day. One during work and one post workout. I think it may be hard to eat a large IF meal in the middle of work if it was me. I take creatine and a whey protein shake post-workout. I also take casein as part of my final meal of the day. I think when dieting it's best to avoid relying on protein shakes because chewing food is better for staying full.

creinhold
05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
How do you fall asleep 45 minutes after working out?

Sure

I would probably try to adjust my schedule and workout before work and eat from midnight - 8 or there abouts.

Whenever you want.

ChinoXXXL
05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Eating at work wouldn't be a problem. I was thinking a feeding window of 7pm-3am possibly. My only concern is, I hit the gym at 8am. Would that affect my gains at the gym? Can protein only be supp'd during my feeding window?

ChinoXXXL
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
How do you fall asleep 45 minutes after working out?

Sure

I would probably try to adjust my schedule and workout before work and eat from midnight - 8 or there abouts.

Whenever you want.

It's easy when you're coming off a 12hr shift. Yeah I was thinking about that, but it's just more convenient for me to go in the morning. A LOT less people in the gym at that time.

wowbob396
05-25-2011, 02:38 PM
It doesn't necissarily have to be a 8 hour window, whatever is more convenient.

MindWentBlank
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Martin suggests supplementing BCAA's if you are working out in a completely different time frame than your feeding window. Whey could also be used but is not ideal. You would have to be drinking to many protein shakes which defeats the purpose of fasting. I think it would work the best to use BCAA's pre,post and then every 2-3 hours until your first meal. I know Pbateman2 also works out early morning and doesn't eat until later in the day and hes a beast.

ChinoXXXL
05-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Martin suggests supplementing BCAA's if you are working out in a completely different time frame than your feeding window. Whey could also be used but is not ideal. You would have to be drinking to many protein shakes which defeats the purpose of fasting. I think it would work the best to use BCAA's pre,post and then every 2-3 hours until your first meal. I know Pbateman2 also works out early morning and doesn't eat until later in the day and hes a beast.

Great idea. I just read about BCAA's used during cuts to help prevent muscle loss, but it never crossed my mind. Been on the fence about til now. Gonna go ahead and give it a shot now...

MindWentBlank
05-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Great I love IF. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.