PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of Eating More!

joeywilkerson
05-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok, here's what happened. Almost a year ago, I became aware of my chubbiness. I started to eat a diet to lose weight, and all I did was cardio. I completely neglected strength training and a proper diet, so all I did was lose weight (probably due to losing muscle mass also). Now I am skinny, but with a gut. (see my other thread that I can't post a link to due to lack of posts...)

I have just recently (within the past two weeks) started a aerobic/anaerobic routine at my local gym with some friends. I know that to gain muscle mass instead of only strength, I must eat more food that I did to lose the weight. However, I am downright scared to eat more food as I fear I will gain all the fat back that I already lost. I still have some fat to lose, so I am also scared that eating more will keep me from losing that fat as well.

Anyone want to help me overcome my fears?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I want to stay away from supplements if at all possible. I know there's nothing wrong with them, but I just want to do it "naturally" I guess you could say.

joeywilkerson
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Help?

psychodiver9
05-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Use the search function. This exact thread was created yesterday

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
You a phaggot cuzz,, plain an simple!

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/image/op%20is%20gay/grand/today_op_was_a_phaggot.jpg

joeywilkerson
05-26-2011, 12:30 PM
This exact thread was created yesterday because I created it. I didn't create another one today... I only bumped the original one to get the attention of the people that may not have seen it yesterday.

A lot of people in the world are new to weight lifting and really do need help getting started down the right path. People on here like you two really do give substance to the stereotype that most built men are arrogant jerks.

ParsonBrown
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
This exact thread was created yesterday because I created it. I didn't create another one today... I only bumped the original one to get the attention of the people that may not have seen it yesterday.

A lot of people in the world are new to weight lifting and really do need help getting started down the right path. People on here like you two really do give substance to the stereotype that most built men are arrogant jerks.

Time out for just a minute man. A lot of the regulars get aggrevated because threads like yours gets created 100x per day....None of the "new" people seemingly try to read the "sticky" info at the top. So I will say what has been said a million times on here before...

READ THE STICKIES! If you have questions ask - after reading and researching a bit.

fad3d
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Eating a few extra cals for a few weeks is nothing that cant be undone if you go too far. Worst case scenario you gain a pound or two and take it off in a week. Best case? You get to eat more for the next 30 years

Shrederator
05-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Also, I will add... you know what you need to do, so do it.

We can't help you get over some weird mental block, you might need professional help to do so if you can't get over this illogical fear yourself.

Just do it man, eat that food.

psychodiver9
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM

Someone else created this thread too bro because I posted in it. Stop whining and eat

nitrodmt
05-26-2011, 01:58 PM
feeling as well as you, i used to eat only 1200-1500 calories a day for over a year. ive lost 40LBS and just recently got up courage to start eatting again. keep it some what clean but youll be straight, my first week of eatting 2000 calories a day i gained 2 pounds, you"ll probably gain quick but alot will be water weight because your bodies not used to it, keep on for a good month before adjusting calories depending on weight gain or not. EAT THAT ****

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Thanks for the negs OP, you're such a pussy..

I'm also new to it, but I've also took the time to study and learn for myself what to do. Quit being a phaggot seriously.

psychodiver9
05-26-2011, 02:41 PM

I'm also new to it, but I've also took the time to study and learn for myself what to do. Quit being a phaggot seriously.
Your post is certainly neg worthy. Tempted to Neg myself. No reason to name call

Shrederator
05-26-2011, 02:42 PM

Ahhhh!

Negged at zero rep power oh noezz.

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Your post is certainly neg worthy. Tempted to Neg myself. No reason to name call

Story = cool
Bro = bro

waatsgood
05-26-2011, 02:45 PM
-Read stickies, form diet
-Full body routine 3x a week focusing on compounds lifts
- Eat slightly above maintenance
- Dat Der noob gains
-??????
- Profit

otterakl
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Story = cool
Bro = bro

First of all, Nutrition section =/= misc

Also, calm down. If you don't want to give out advice, just stop posting in this thread.

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Just eat more OP, when you get past your mental block about food you will learn to enjoy the benefits of eating what you want and simply fitting it into your daily calorie allowance which in turn will reward you with your results from your hard work in the gym. Do some research!! I feel that America is full of lazy people that want everyone to figure everything out for them, please don't be another one of those people OP. Be independent and educate YOURSELF SRS.. You'll be glad you did..

psychodiver9
05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Story = cool
Bro = bro
Go back to misc

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Go back to misc

adamg8504
05-26-2011, 04:27 PM

Neg'd as well...

OliFresh
05-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Neg'd as well...

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/394-intredasting.png

Y'all just as mad, sensitive, and ignorant as the OP.. I am disappoint