PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

kitesurfermike
05-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Im at 12% body fat... Need to get to 10% asap... Which is just losing 3 pounds of pure fat
Is it possible to do so with in 7days? If I use all 7 days for cardio?

buckiaj
05-23-2011, 03:18 AM
Sorry Bro, going from 12% to 10% in 7 days is impossible. Losing three lbs on the scale in 7 days is possible.

With that being said, if your diet was absolutely perfect and your entire calorie deficit ended up being fat loss then i would think 12%-10% could be achieved in one month.

Most people struggle like hell to get from 12-10%.

I'm just trying to get from 14 - 12 right now, and thats hard enough.

kitesurfermike
05-23-2011, 03:31 AM
Sorry Bro, going from 12% to 10% in 7 days is impossible. Losing three lbs on the scale in 7 days is possible.

With that being said, if your diet was absolutely perfect and your entire calorie deficit ended up being fat loss then i would think 12%-10% could be achieved in one month.

Most people struggle like hell to get from 12-10%.

I'm just trying to get from 14 - 12 right now, and thats hard enough.

Mmk, is there any factors in this?
Like if I never do cardio, ever, I stay at 12%... So wouldnt doing cardio for once make it easier to loose the 3 pounds?

msm00b
05-23-2011, 04:02 AM
If you keep your cals in check and do cardio ... you'll have less bodyfat in 7 days. Whether or not you're 10% at the end I can't say ... But I'd doubt it.

RANCID215
05-23-2011, 04:38 AM
Lay off the salt. drink plenty of water.. Keep ya from looking smooth.

DJBrickman
05-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Im at 12% body fat... Need to get to 10% asap... Which is just losing 3 pounds of pure fat

I have got to ask...............Why do you need to get to 10% in 7 days? Is it life imperative? Are you going to be pushed into the giant pit of death if you arent at 10% Or is it something like you are going to the beach in 7 days and want to impress the girls?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!

buckiaj
05-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Like if I never do cardio, ever, I stay at 12%... So wouldnt doing cardio for once make it easier to loose the 3 pounds?

Of course cardio would help to lose the 3 lbs, but you need to burn almost 11,000 calories to lose three lbs, and even then, an 11,000 calorie deficit over one week will never be only fat. At best you could probably hope that 75% of it is fat loss.

Basically, to burn those calories in only cardio, you would need to run for approx 18 hours (assuming you are burning 100 calories per every ten minutes of cardio you perform), which would pan out to 2.5 hours per day on the treadmill for seven days. And again, we fall back to the same problem, that not all of those calories will be coming from your stored fat.

The best advice i can give you, is to find what your calorie mantainence number is (at your size, probably somewhere around 1800-2000 calories per day) and make sure you eat around 800 - 1000 calories under that. This is an extreme cut, but any more than that is unsustainable and will severely cut into your muscles. Aka, you would lose fat and muscle.

So, the long and the short of it is, sure cardio can increase your deficit, but creating a daily deficit of more than 800-1000 calories is plain dumb and will make you look awful.

Eat like a scientist and train like an animal.

Diet > Training

buckiaj
05-23-2011, 07:42 AM

And also keep in mind when doing your math. No matter how perfect someone does a fat loss regime, its NEVER going to be all Fat. Basically, to lose 3 lbs of fat, expect to lose at minimum .5lb of Lean Body Mass for each lb lost.

So, if you do things perfect. You would need to drop at least 4.5 lbs on the scale, to have 3 lbs of fat off of you. And I mean, thats if it is done perfectly.

Ask anyone on here who has dropped weight below 15% BF and are doing their calculations and they will all agree with me.

Innerpeace32
05-23-2011, 07:43 AM

No it's not.

kitesurfermike
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
I have got to ask...............Why do you need to get to 10% in 7 days? Is it life imperative? Are you going to be pushed into the giant pit of death if you arent at 10% Or is it something like you are going to the beach in 7 days and want to impress the girls?

Inquiring Minds Want To Know!!!

Yeah going to hawaii

kitesurfermike
05-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Of course cardio would help to lose the 3 lbs, but you need to burn almost 11,000 calories to lose three lbs, and even then, an 11,000 calorie deficit over one week will never be only fat. At best you could probably hope that 75% of it is fat loss.

Basically, to burn those calories in only cardio, you would need to run for approx 18 hours (assuming you are burning 100 calories per every ten minutes of cardio you perform), which would pan out to 2.5 hours per day on the treadmill for seven days. And again, we fall back to the same problem, that not all of those calories will be coming from your stored fat.

The best advice i can give you, is to find what your calorie mantainence number is (at your size, probably somewhere around 1800-2000 calories per day) and make sure you eat around 800 - 1000 calories under that. This is an extreme cut, but any more than that is unsustainable and will severely cut into your muscles. Aka, you would lose fat and muscle.

So, the long and the short of it is, sure cardio can increase your deficit, but creating a daily deficit of more than 800-1000 calories is plain dumb and will make you look awful.

Eat like a scientist and train like an animal.

Diet > Training

good info, thanks