PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to remove my guts (Stubborn turd)

Adsso
05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Hi All,

I'm gonna lay it all on the table and was wanting to know if someone would be able to help me in the right direction and get hold of this fat and be rid of it.. HOORAY

I'm 31 and yes I'm on the big side and I hate it my dad is a budda I'm not talking Sumo style but I'm talking big.. I weigh currently 140kgs..

I have my eating all healthy now and I goto the gym 3 - 4 times and week and I play ball (Basketball) the other times so I'm active.

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me with ideas on Gym routines I could follow to help burn the fat away.. My calorie intake is really low and the carbs have almost been all cut out. By almost I might have a stir fry 1 time out of the week.

If someone can suggest anything I'm more than happy to listen and try.. I'm sick of being this way :(

thanks

TelusLob
05-19-2011, 10:49 PM
Wanna lose weight? Read stickies!

Diet is #1 key to weight loss! You cannot out train a bad diet!

Weikamp
05-20-2011, 12:21 AM
First you really have to figure out your daily calorie and nutritional needs.
This is easily achieved by reading this sticky:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973

Wanna lose weight/fat? Aim for about 500 cal deficit.
Playing BBall will definitly help with your cutting goal but I always recommend to go running 3-4 times a week to support your goals - especially if you are "on the heavy" side.
Also, many people have made amazing progress with high intensity interval training.

As a rule of thumb,
if you're active and eat right you will always lose weight, maybe you're just overestimating your activity level a bit.
Of course genetics take a part in all of this but usually it makes not so much of a difference in the early stages.

Good luck.

4g64fiero
06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
WTF is the point in that?^^^^^

OP, lifting 3 times a week and cardio ~4-5 days a week is a generally safe yet high activity level. For a beginner lifter I would recommend something like Mark Rippetoe's starting strength programm. As for as running goes, just get out there and jog for 20-30 mins.

814Saint
06-08-2011, 06:27 PM
when starting out
id go with a full body lifting routine over a spilt routine
and do some HIIT