PDA

View Full Version : Just to make sure I have it right...

shawna24k
05-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I weigh 157 lbs and am at 31% body fat and I am 38
I figured my lean mass at 108 and my fat mass at 49 and got a calorie deficit of 490 calories. My target weight is 123 at 20% body fat and there is no set time goal I just want to do it healthy. Obviously the sooner the better but I am going to be patient this time.

So here is the macros I came up with
1253 calories
135g P
49g F
70g C

I do weights 3 times a week and a HIIT cardio 3 times as well. I would just like to know if this looks about right or if I am totally off. I did a lot of reading on the stickys and will definitely do more.

Cumulonimbus
05-19-2011, 07:25 AM
I would up the carbs and fats for a slightly higher caloric intake. Also cool down with the 3 HIIT sessions. 1 is more than enough.

shawna24k
05-19-2011, 07:28 AM
I would up the carbs and fats for a slightly higher caloric intake. Also cool down with the 3 HIIT sessions. 1 is more than enough.

Great! I love hearing that about the HIIT! I hate cardio! Necessary evil I guess. I was wandering after I got to really looking at it if my calorie intake was too low. I will up it a bit and the carbs and fats. Thank you!

juliacheh
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Calories are too low. When you stall out, you will have no room to lower calories any further. Always start with a higher intake - that's a rule.

ko300zx
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
A 500 cal deficit is pretty steep for most women. You want to be around 10-20% below your maintenance. 300 might be closer to that range.

Ubernit
05-19-2011, 07:32 AM
def eat more if you wanna continue with this workload, too high of a deficit

your goal, "This Member must lose 1.50 kg (3.30 lb) per week to achieve their goal."
is very unrealistic

brooklyndown
05-19-2011, 07:36 AM
You're on the right track!

yeah, you're starting at very low calories. You'll be better off starting at a smaller deficit and then cutting calories as you need to. 1200 calories is kinda the minimum calories anyone should be eating. In general, I like the rule not to eat less than 10X your body weight. Also, your macros add up to 1261, not 1253 (just FYI).

shawna24k
05-19-2011, 07:43 AM
Thank you all for your input I really appreciate it. I have done a deficit of 300 to start off and I will go from there. It puts me at 1453 per day and I will re-figure my macros from there. I read in one place that your fat should be .45 per lb of lbm and in another that it should be .45 of total body weight. I figured my about fat on lbm so any help on this would be great.

shawna24k
05-19-2011, 07:47 AM
def eat more if you wanna continue with this workload, too high of a deficit

your goal, "This Member must lose 1.50 kg (3.30 lb) per week to achieve their goal."
is very unrealistic

Wow! Does it say that lol. I have to go back and re-do all my stuff on there. I actually weight 157 too and it says 150. I haven't gotten on a scale in like a year so 150 was a guess. Needless to say I was UNpleasanlty surprised when I finally did weigh myself about a week and a half ago. And yes that is very unrealistic for 3 lbs a week.

BIGJT666
05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Also, your macros add up to 1261, not 1253 (just FYI).

I have a question regarding the above statement.....I too am quite new to all of this and have read the stickies and lots of other information as well, I know that carbs and protein are 4 cals and fat is 9 cals! Are these figures very close estimate or is it the exact amount?

The reason I ask is that I have come up with a diet plan of my own, I was working out the macros based on the nutritional information provided with the food it didnt quite add up to the above numbers, it is only very slightly out so it doesnt really matter that much but I am just curious.

My breakdown is 215.6g Protein 185.5g Carbs and 88.5g of carbs which is 2400.9 cals based on the above numbers.

I got this to 2416 calories from the nutrional information so only 15 calories out so not even an issue but like I say I am just curious as to the answer.

ko300zx
05-19-2011, 07:57 AM
I have a question regarding the above statement.....I too am quite new to all of this and have read the stickies and lots of other information as well, I know that carbs and protein are 4 cals and fat is 9 cals! Are these figures very close estimate or is it the exact amount?

The reason I ask is that I have come up with a diet plan of my own, I was working out the macros based on the nutritional information provided with the food it didnt quite add up to the above numbers, it is only very slightly out so it doesnt really matter that much but I am just curious.

My breakdown is 215.6g Protein 185.5g Carbs and 88.5g of carbs which is 2400.9 cals based on the above numbers.

I got this to 2416 calories from the nutrional information so only 15 calories out so not even an issue but like I say I am just curious as to the answer.

Macros on food labels don't always add up to the calories on the labels.

brooklyndown
05-19-2011, 07:58 AM

The 4 cals per gram of pro and carbs and 9 cals per gram of fat are correct. The nutrition labels on food use rounded numbers (4.3g of pro is rounded to 4g, and so on). This is what causes the discrepancy. Set your macros first, and then fit your food into them.

BIGJT666
05-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Thanks for clearing that up guys :-)