PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the MLB

EseVato
05-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Srs. I love to play baseball very fun. But as of recently I got my satellite back up and have been watching ESPN and I got to admit I am dissapointed with the MLB.

Attendance is very low
No superstars..
Boring

I think there should be 2 games a week for every team(on the weekend) maybe this will put the MLB back to it's glory days.

blackberries
05-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Srs. I love to play baseball very fun. But as of recently I got my satellite back up and have been watching ESPN and I got to admit I am dissapointed with the MLB.

Attendance is very low
No superstars..
It just got boring
Alot more Latinos(no racist)

I think there should be 2 games a week for every team(on the weekend) maybe this will put the MLB back to it's glory days.

Are you a tard? Teams would then only have 2 starting pitchers.

EseVato
05-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Soo? Better than having like 10 and they would get alot of rest

mcbizkit02
05-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Soo? Better than having like 10 and they would get alot of rest

http://i.imgur.com/ueo5W.gif

roko79
05-19-2011, 07:09 AM
The sport itself is very slow paced and uneventful to watch. Playing it can be fun if the ball is hit to you, but watching a pitcher throw a ball to be caught routinely in the outfield is so boring.

Dan916
05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
MLB is the highest attended sport in the world. For example, the SF Giants home games will see like 3.4 million spectators which doubles any competition in any sport in any country.

But i agree on letting them juice. The sport needs a new Barry Bonds.

Baseball requires you to have a "team" in order to enjoy it. For example I dont give a damn about east coast baseball teams but as a Giants fan there are a core group of teams I watch.

chlaxman
05-19-2011, 07:13 AM

Attendance is very low
No superstars..
It just got boring

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/retard-receiving-certificate-congratulations-youre-retarded.jpg

GApump
05-19-2011, 07:15 AM
OP gonna get whacked by some obscure #4 starter

Popcorn_fart
05-19-2011, 07:44 AM

I agree way too may games. They should play no more than 82 games a season 160 or whatever it is, is just way too much

MLB is the highest attended sport in the world. For example, the SF Giants home games will see like 3.4 million spectators which doubles any competition in any sport in any country.

well you know they do play like 80 games at home a season

chlaxman
05-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I agree way too may games. They should play no more than 82 games a season 160 or whatever it is, is just way too much

well you know they do play like 80 games at home a season

That's still an average of almost 50,000 per game. More than double the average attendance of the highest NBA attendance.

samcanadian
05-19-2011, 07:58 AM
But i agree on letting them juice. The sport needs a new Barry Bonds.

It does, and his name is Jose. Minus the juice. U mad?

ericb14
05-19-2011, 08:16 AM
What a terrible post.

ericb14
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
It does, and his name is Jose. Minus the juice. U mad?

yea he mad :d

_Translucency
05-19-2011, 08:19 AM
That's still an average of almost 50,000 per game. More than double the average attendance of the highest NBA attendance.

Most of the arenas in the NBA are half the size of any of the major teams in the NBA. Every team in the NBA, minus two (the Indiana Pacers missed by half a point), averaged over 75% attendance during the course of the season. The same cannot be said for the MLB whose lowest team was around forty percent. While this is due, in part, to the larger stadiums, attendance in the MLB is dwindling.

chlaxman
05-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Most of the arenas in the NBA are half the size of any of the major teams in the NBA. Every team in the NBA, minus two (the Indiana Pacers missed by half a point), averaged over 75% attendance during the course of the season. The same cannot be said for the MLB whose lowest team was around forty percent. While this is due, in part, to the larger stadiums, attendance in the MLB is dwindling.

Absolutely. But baseball's issue isn't the number of games. They have an issue with the cost of attending a stadium.

Max~Power
05-19-2011, 08:42 AM

/facepalm/

Machuka
05-19-2011, 08:49 AM
less teams would be better than less games. MLB also plays in the middle of the day on weekdays. which is contrary to every sport besides soccer. so percentage of attendance is pretty bias due to: time, stadium size, and amounts of games.

chlaxman
05-19-2011, 08:50 AM
/facepalm/

Prove me wrong

Bkcmart
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
The sport itself is very slow paced and uneventful to watch. Playing it can be fun if the ball is hit to you, but watching a pitcher throw a ball to be caught routinely in the outfield is so boring.

Brb, watching the same 3-4 teams win the title year after year.
brb, watching a ball go into a hoop 200+ times a game

You either like it, or don't. No point in arguing an opinion.

TexasHeat
05-19-2011, 09:00 AM
worst thread of 2011

thecreed
05-19-2011, 09:00 AM

Attendance is very low
No superstars..
It just got boring

What? More latinos, no racist? listed as a reason for disappointment, but no explanation.

http://www.barstoolu.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/ThatsRacist.gif

Tyler44
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Such a terrible thread, not sure if anything serious

ryan36_1
05-19-2011, 09:30 AM
For someone who understands the game, watching on TV can be somewhat unsatisfying.

But seeing as how as one of your top complaints is the number of people in the stands of games you are watching on TV, I don't think this applies to you.

Also, that edit isn't helping you seeing as how your original post has been quoted multiple times ITT.