PDA

View Full Version : Eggs - How do you eat them?

aal04
05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Ive noticed a fair few people here eat 8+ eggs a day.

How do people eat them?

I was thinking of stocking my fridge with "egg snacks". Which would be better than snacking on crackers and other stuff.

Atm, i boil about 6-8 eggs on Monday, fridge them, and then peel + eat them as is when im hungry. I believe they last about 4-5 days.

Anyone have a better idea? Like some type of smashed egg spread thats quick to put on some crackers or whole bread? Whats important also is shelf life, id like to be able to keep them for atleast 4-5 days. Dont really want to add too many preservatives.

ideas welcome for any quick to eat egg recipes

joebrosef
05-18-2011, 05:35 PM
soft boiled eggs topped with salt, peeper, tobasco sauce....doesnt get better than that.

elperfecto
05-18-2011, 05:36 PM
7 or 8 whole eggs, scrambled.

That's how I like it generally on top of a potato or two.

I also drink a mass amount of coffee and it is my favorite part of waking up!

Shrederator
05-18-2011, 05:36 PM

How do people eat them?

I was thinking of stocking my fridge with "egg snacks". Which would be better than snacking on crackers and other stuff.

Atm, i boil about 6-8 eggs on Monday, fridge them, and then peel + eat them as is when im hungry. I believe they last about 4-5 days.

Anyone have a better idea? Like some type of smashed egg spread thats quick to put on some crackers or whole bread? Whats important also is shelf life, id like to be able to keep them for atleast 4-5 days. Dont really want to add too many preservatives.

The term you are looking for is Egg Salad.

Hard boiled Eggs + Mustard + Mayo + diced pickels + salt + pepper

If I'm in a huge hurry... fry up an egg, mash it with tuna, mayo, mustard and pickles for a tuna egg salad stinky fart bomb.

hockeytownfan
05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Hard boil, peel, halve, take out yolk and place in bowl. Add Mayo and Mustard to bowl. Mash up contents. Put back in egg. Sprinkle with paprika. Win.

SOJA
05-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Soft boiled. I'll scramble them if I have time.

PWOGasMan
05-18-2011, 05:43 PM
2 Hard boiled every morning with some salt

alleyezonme3
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
4 Whole eggs, add salt and other spices, 1 slice of cheese, 1 whole wheat bagel.

HoustonTXMuscle
05-18-2011, 06:43 PM
10 p.m. snack is 5 hard-boiled egg whites with 2 Tbsp of Pace Salsa and 23 almonds

kashesq
05-18-2011, 07:07 PM
I eat my eggs in one of two ways:

1. Two eggs poached on an english muffin with a side of cottage cheese.

2. Two eggs + several tablespoons of eggs whites scrambled with cheese and a side of turkey bacon.

NaLLa8705
05-18-2011, 07:24 PM
How don't I eat my eggs?!

Fried (yolk smashed and the whole thing flat) on bread
scrambled (with cheese?!)
omelet
hard boiled
deviled
over easy
sunny side up (clear part popped, yolk RAW)

I eat my eggs in a box, I eat them with a fox.

SS2Trunks69
05-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Just scrambled with homemade salsa.

Or scrambled with a nice bunch of deli ham/turkey cut up and thrown in, some hash browns, some bell peppers, little bit of onions, cheese, and del inferno sauce from Del Taco.

Good eats.

anna-maro
05-18-2011, 07:32 PM
4 eggs 16 whites here! Lol :D scrambled, omlette with all sorts of variations of vegetables, spices, microwed, tossed in stirfrys, soups, oatmeal pancakes :D

spaceballsrules
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
How don't I eat my eggs?!

Fried (yolk smashed and the whole thing flat) on bread
scrambled (with cheese?!)
omelet
hard boiled
deviled
over easy
sunny side up (clear part popped, yolk RAW)

I eat my eggs in a box, I eat them with a fox.

There is no wrong way to eat an egg!

Soft boiled with toast for dipping.
Home-made pudding(eggs and milk and whatever flavoring you want)
Egg in the basket

Or do it like a real man...RAW!

AmandaKay524
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM

How do people eat them?

Check out eggwhitesint.com

Its 100% liquid eggwhites that stay good for 3-4 months in the fridge once thawed. They pasteuerize them or something.. but they have some recipes that sound pretty good using them for extra protien in your shakes, or using for baking or scrambling up.

MooseLaddin
05-18-2011, 09:20 PM
scrambled probably have 8 to 10 per week. 2 at a time typically with toast. Always scrambled though looking into boiling them one of these times.