PDA

View Full Version : .... And knowing is half the battle!

solilopop
05-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey guys,

It's been a while since i've posted on the forums or used bodybuilding.com for that matter, but just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone in this community for teaching me the value of diligence in dieting and thank everyone for the tremendous amount of knoweldge and support I got in the past 8 months.

I'm not at the point where I'm satisfied with my progress, but all the teachings and all the knowledge shared on the forums here is such a big help. It's funny how i started on this site to "Want to lose a few pounds, but not really gain muscle". Cuz y'know, i'm happy with who i am, and maybe some advice on how to do my cardio and maybe spot reduce a certain area of my body by eating certain foods and stretching would be a good idea. But now I'm actually wanting to bodybuild and sculpt my physique to how i want it to be. It's almost an art, and I have way more goals than just shedding some weight like i intended to when first joining this site.

For those of you starting out and just creeping, my advice is to just keep taking it all in. The good and the bad. Bro-science vs. fact... that's yours to interpret, do your research and try it out. Everything from calorie counting to BMI & bf%.... it's all great and essential to know, but knowing is only half the battle.

Putting it into action is the hardest part. The dedication and discipline it takes to watch what you eat, pushing yourself to hit the gym, realizing that patience is a virtue, are just some of the hardest thing to master. You'll screw up here and there. You'll binge, if you don't see much progress you might give up, but you can cry to your mama, but it won't change anything till you keep fighting the good fight. Pain's inevitable, suffering's optional.

There's so many people in here who have such amazing transformations and accomplishments and many of them were where you were at one time. And everyone's here for support.So just keep calm and carry on, it gets better LOL (how many dumb idioms have i used so far) but, as my forum signature states, build your mind, everything else falls into place after that.

So everyone on losing fat forum. I just wanna thank you guys for giving me the building blocks to make goals for myself and strive to get better. *someone cue in the chariots of fire theme song*

Edit: in before the coolstorybro.jpg

blueelectrc
05-17-2011, 09:07 AM
What a nice post. It's notes like this that bring me back to this site. Well done, sir.

++++

caretaker1
05-17-2011, 09:08 AM
Go Joe!

TelusLob
05-17-2011, 09:15 AM
coolstorybro.jpg

haha j/k!! Nice post and repped (on recharge)!

cyco85
05-17-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/68/cool_story_bro_2.jpg