PDA

View Full Version : Carb Sensitive Advice needed

ForReal00
05-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello,
Recently I have found I maybe carb-sensitive. I have been going through stages of light headed periods and being too tired to think after meals with carbs in it. I did some research and everything has pointed towards being carb sensitive by going through tests online and looking at my family history(long history of diabetes). I know "carb sensitive" is pretty uncommon and I know theres still a chance I may not be. I'm going to get it checked by my doctor soon, but I was wondering are carbs used definitely for those who are carb sensitive? I feel like my weight fluctuates constantly and I tend to hold on to weight more in my mid section and have been trying a long time to cut it down but Im unsuccessful. Do you think It would be wise for me to follow a no carb diet if I do turn out to be carb sensitive?? Can I get by with the lower carb amounts???

Cumulonimbus
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I would suggest getting a fasted glucose test and getting diagnosed by a doctor as being "insulin resistant" (not carb sensitive).

Self diagnosis will just lead to useless protocols when in fact it may not be the issue.

ForReal00
05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I would suggest getting a fasted glucose test and getting diagnosed by a doctor as being "insulin resistant" (not carb sensitive).

Self diagnosis will just lead to useless protocols when in fact it may not be the issue.
I know, I will. Im just trying to educate myself if this issue does happen to be true

MAX.MAREK
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
im carb sensative to a degree, but I dont follow a nocarb diet. start low, and slowly increase carb intake every 2-3wks. let the body adjust to the carb amount until you find a good amount for your goals.

for example, this is what I did:
weeks 1-3
meal 1, 1/2c oatmeal
meal 5 pwo, 1/2c oatmeal

weeks 3-5
meal 1 3/4c oatmeal
meal 5 3/4c oatmeal

weeks 5-7
meal 1 1c oatmeal
meal 3 4oz sweet potato
meal 5 1c oatmeal

weeks 7-9
meal 1 11/4c oatmeal
meal 2 1/4c oatmeal
meal 3 1/4c oatmeal
meal 4 6oz sweet potato
meal 5 1c oatmeal

this allowed me to stay in great shape, and not have any of the carb sensitivity issues i experienced in the past. in the past i got really itchy, puffy, very water retained, so I cut my carb back down for a few weeks to start all over again with my bulk. and when i started, i used the latter method to increasing my carbs.

not saying that this is the cure, but this is something i did so im just sharing my experience :)

btw, i use oatmeal cause it works best for me, so if you like brown rice or whatever, use that instead. oatmeal seems to work really good on my system. AND! i have meal times, that most ppl here would say is "broscience". Don't give a F what they say, it works for me and 90% of every other competitive bodybuilder out there. But im not sayin you need meal times, but just increase your carbs slowly into your system, and let your system adjust accordingly.

WonderPug
05-03-2011, 02:30 PM
I dont follow a nocarb diet.

I've never seen a no carb diet, but for medically supervised protocols used to treat drug resistant forms of epilepsy.

MAX.MAREK
05-03-2011, 03:23 PM
I've never seen a no carb diet, but for medically supervised protocols used to treat drug resistant forms of epilepsy.

oh their out there LOL