PDA

View Full Version : Cutting or bulking first?

lorinbosoc
05-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I've been going to the gym for almost a year.
Gained around 12 kg, but not pure muscle unfortunately as I didn't use supplements in my first 7 months and ate quite anything.

At the moment I weigh 80 kg and have 16% body fat. I managed to loose 2% body fat in my last 3 weeks.

My first goal is to bulk up, but I read (I forgot where) that if you already have some lard and you want to muscle up, you will put more fat than muscle and if you are already lean you will put more muscle than fat.

The thing is that I'm trying to get sick of weight loss and want to go back to bulking.

What would you recommend me to do? Start a clean bulking diet and hoping that I will put a minimum amount of fat on me and more muscle or continuing loosing the lard that I have and then starting bulking up? After choosing a method, could you tell me why should I go with the specific method?

Thank you!

P.S. I hope to get some help :(

otterakl
05-02-2011, 01:05 PM
First of all, you do not NEED supplements and not taking supplements before was not why you had an unsuccessful bulk.

It's up to you, man. Most people want to be lean during the summer, so unless you have zero muscle, you will probably be happier if you continue cutting through the summer and then try a bulk in the fall.