PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to eat a turkey burger in the morning?

TearsOfAClown
05-01-2011, 07:57 PM
My turkey burger consists of:

1 turkey patty, one fried egg, ketchup, two pieces of whole wheat bread

I always eat this in the morning usually everyday, because it's loaded with protein and low in fat.

Is this a good choice?

socaldelmar
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM

I always eat this in the morning usually everyday, because it's loaded with protein and low in fat.

Is this a good choice?

Yeah man, nothing wrong with that if it's what you like to eat.

VincentiT
05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
No way man it's breakfast!! Cereal, pancakes, and eggs those are your only options before 12am or else it's converted to fat.

PR1MO
05-01-2011, 08:02 PM

Is this a good choice?

If you absolutely hate turkey burgers and/or eating in the morning then no, it's a terrible idea.

TearsOfAClown
05-01-2011, 09:20 PM
guys, I am so ignorant when it comes to nutrition and eating for optimum muscle gain that I cannot tell if some of the replies are jokes! lol

VincentiT
05-01-2011, 09:25 PM
guys, I am so ignorant when it comes to nutrition and eating for optimum muscle gain that I cannot tell if some of the replies are jokes! lol

Lol we're messing with you bro. Eat what you want, when you want. Total daily caloric intake is what matters. Meal timing is irrelevant. And food choices are, for the most part, irrelevant.

Cumulonimbus
05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
It doesn't matter. If it gives you the proper macronutrients (protein, carbs and fats) for that meal to add on to your total daily nutrition, then by all means eat it. Read the stickies at the top of the page.

socaldelmar
05-01-2011, 09:28 PM

No worries, my reply was serious. My point was eat what you like to eat and find a way to fit it in your diet, eating the right amount of calories to lose or gain weight is what is important for changing body composition, not what you eat.

feelsg00dmayne
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
traditional dinner for breakfast, traditional breakfast for dinner.

comeatmebros.

VAnick
05-01-2011, 09:50 PM
gains are gonna melt away

its ****in food - eat it and move on for **** sake

Alwaysdeadlift
05-01-2011, 10:34 PM
because it's loaded with protein and low in fat

These statements are always worrisome. Why is the "low in fat" such a concern for it to be mentioned?

x-ray vision
05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
These statements are always worrisome. Why is the "low in fat" such a concern for it to be mentioned?
They're not always worrisome. There are legitimate reasons to keep the amount of fat one ingests daily to be within a specific range. I also like keeping breakfast low in fat as it's easy for me to do and allows me to eat higher fat meals that I enjoy later in the day.

Alwaysdeadlift
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
They're not always worrisome. There are legitimate reasons to keep the amount of fat one ingests daily to be within a specific range. I also like keeping breakfast low in fat as it's easy for me to do and allows me to eat higher fat meals that I enjoy later in the day.

Should that logic be applied to somebody who is asking if they should be eating a turkey burger?...

x-ray vision
05-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Tell me why it shouldn't. You're the one who said it's always worrisome. I'm telling you it's not.

Alwaysdeadlift
05-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Tell me why it shouldn't.

If a question such as this doesn't demonstrate any sort of lack in nutritional knowledge, then I am not sure what would. Did he indicate he is saving fat for other meal? Are you assuming this? Or are you assuming that yes, he is saving fat for another meal, but there must be something so inherently bad about this particular turkey burger, some hidden, magical thing, that a question such as this is warranted?

Or is it a more safe bet that maybe OP, with as low of a post count as he does, doesn't quite understand that fat shouldn't be avoided; that one shouldn't always just pick foods low in fat?

x-ray vision
05-01-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm not the one making assumptions, you are. What nutritional knowledge you believe the OP is lacking is irrelevant. You are the one that said:

It's not always worrisome. I choose foods high in protein and low in fat for excellent reasons and none are worrisome as you claimed.

Alwaysdeadlift
05-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I'm not the one making assumptions, you are. What nutritional knowledge you believe the OP is lacking is irrelevant. You are the one that said:

It's not always worrisome. I choose foods high in protein and low in fat for excellent reasons and none are worrisome as you claimed.

Good for you? Sheesh, a forum post gets you quite upset.

Should my little, innocent, useless, forum post should be rewritten:
These statements are mostly always worrisome. Or, should it be written: These statements are always worrisome because somebody is sure to be offended later on in the thread?

Are you being argumentative for some sort of reason? Talk to me, it's going to be ok.

VincentiT
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
This thread is getting worrisome.

x-ray vision
05-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I'm not upset, but that's your second attempt at spin so far. Have you applied for a position at Fox News yet?

Alwaysdeadlift
05-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm not upset, but that's your second attempt at spin so far. Have you applied for a position at Fox News yet?

Have a good one, sir.

TearsOfAClown
05-02-2011, 12:46 PM
wasnt expecting a simple question to cause such a fuss LOL