PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Bulk - Am i Eating Right????

newman87
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

I am fairly new to bodybuilding and fitness in general, a few years ago i would prefer drinking beer and watching tv after work then heading to the gym, Now i am hooked.

When i first started working out i ate very few carbs and alot of high quality proteins, i lost 25kg (around 50lbs i think) but was starting to get quite scrawny.

Recently i began a high intensity, low rep workout plan and have increased the amount of carbs i eat daily. As i am trying to bulk up over the next few months.

i am roughly eating 180 - 200grms protein, 350grms Carbs, and maybe 60grms of healthy fats daily Split between 6 meals (when i can).

I am 85kg (187 lbs) (But was 80kg before i started this diet a month ago), 6" tall and other then my workouts i live a fairly quiet lifestyle.

I try to eat as natural as possible, Complex Carbs (Oats, Brown Rice, Brown Breads, Beans, Unsalted Cashews/Almonds) fresh meat (All cooked in olive oil or grilled) and vegetables or salads, no sugary drinks, processed foods, preservatives etc. I also take Creatine and Whey Protein Shakes with Carbs added.

I believe my current training regime is right but am unsure about my daily food intake so i am after some advice from someone more experienced then myself.

Do you think i am eating right for my goals??

Any Advice would be appreciated

TheSmack
05-01-2011, 08:31 PM
This will answer all your questions and them some: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Also, there is no need to eat 6 times a day, unless of course you actually enjoy it.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask.