PDA

View Full Version : Question on Regarding Volume with Macros

inbf4life
04-30-2011, 07:17 AM
I get it i read the stickies and all about macros. I am just curious how all you people who have been following IIFYM size your portions. i know it is totally irrelevant how much you eat in one sitting "as long as it fits in my macros" but do you see better results when keeping your portions at a certain size for each meal taken in. Thank you very much for your time to help me out.

Jenslyn17
04-30-2011, 07:22 AM
I get it i read the stickies and all about macros. I am just curious how all you people who have been following IIFYM size your portions. i know it is totally irrelevant how much you eat in one sitting "as long as it fits in my macros" but do you see better results when keeping your portions at a certain size for each meal taken in. Thank you very much for your time to help me out.

You say first that you know it's irrelevant how much you eat in one sitting, then ask if results are better with a certain size meal?

Wat?

WonderPug
04-30-2011, 10:38 AM
Cognitive dissonance

saviorex
04-30-2011, 10:42 AM
Well, if I eat 10g. of protein 20 times a day, and eat 200g. of protein just once a day, I magically end up at the same quantity of protein.

What a wonderful world we live in, where math and stuff works.

inbf4life
04-30-2011, 11:27 AM
You say first that you know it's irrelevant how much you eat in one sitting, then ask if results are better with a certain size meal?

Wat?

yea i know what i said lol. what i am asking is how you (community) spread your macros out? 2meals?4meals?1meal?10meals lol?

Jenslyn17
04-30-2011, 11:31 AM
yea i know what i said lol. what i am asking is how you (community) spread your macros out? 2meals?4meals?1meal?10meals lol?

If you accept your own premise, it's IRRELEVANT. So do whatever you feel like doing. If you don't know what fits you best, try 2, try 4, try 17 meals - noone can tell you what you will prefer :-)

AustrianOakJr
05-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Trial and error is going to give you the best results but some common sense will help in getting your meal timing set up. The bulk of your calories/carbs should come around your workout. Obviously, you need your energy to train and then to recover. So i try to get at least 30g of protein/50g of carbs/ and 5-8g of fat before and after training. Other than that I space my meals so that the cals are broken up evenly through my other 3 meals. Breakfast needs to be solid and I dont like going to bed hungry so i eat pretty heavily before I sleep.

Jenslyn17
05-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Trial and error is going to give you the best results but some common sense will help in getting your meal timing set up. The bulk of your calories/carbs should come around your workout. Obviously, you need your energy to train and then to recover. So i try to get at least 30g of protein/50g of carbs/ and 5-8g of fat before and after training. Other than that I space my meals so that the cals are broken up evenly through my other 3 meals. Breakfast needs to be solid and I dont like going to bed hungry so i eat pretty heavily before I sleep.

In short: Preference ;)

iLPriNciPe3
05-31-2011, 12:03 AM
it is preference like they say, but i think there is some sense into portioning it out so you wont binge. Example: you wake up @ 8am eat one meal that covers half your macros. You get hungry around 11am, you eat another meal that fills your macros...will you be content with not eating for the rest of the day? if so then good do it that way but if not then portion it out right, but no its irrelevant as you say. my preference is 4 meals :D

Ghosting
05-31-2011, 01:07 AM
i think there is some sense into portioning it out so you wont binge.

I think you may want to read #2
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

chaz1172
05-31-2011, 01:29 AM
O.P., I'll answer your question. I, personally, still like to have 6 or 7, because that's how I function best (don't get too hungry/too full after a big meal). Some guys, especially those on IF, might have drastically less.

kevvy83
05-31-2011, 01:32 AM
It is up to you how many meals you have, I personally have 4 a day, simply because it suits ME. Early morning, mid morning, lunch and post workout.

adamrochester
05-31-2011, 02:03 AM
like what AustrianOakJr said

i like having more carbs around pre post workout and breakfast

if i train in the morning i combine breakfast and pre workout

so its about 30% of my daily carbs for pre
and 30% post

and 40% for the rest of the day