PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Smith sounds like a pending disaster

thegenerel
04-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Teams are well aware that Smith flunked three drug tests at Colorado, and he told at least one club that one of the three was for misusing codeine.

Smith also told teams of his two alcohol-related violations, the pair of abortions that were paid for by parents of women he impregnated and an arrest for third-degree assault in a restaurant.

"Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests  . . .  that's a little excessive," the personnel man said.

It was telling, said one scout, that Southern California and UCLA chose not to recruit Smith out of what he called a "bad, bad, bad" neighborhood just east of Los Angeles. Some of Smith's family members have been in and out of jail.

In January, Smith reportedly turned down an invitation to play at the Senior Bowl. At about the same time, he fired agent Peter Schaeffer and hired Drew Rosenhaus.

"He speaks well," one evaluator said, noting that Smith earned his degree from Colorado. "But when you get into the background stuff, you don't know if he can turn things around."

Talib was one of 12 players with behavioral problems who were ranked among the top 10 cornerbacks in the previous 10 drafts.

As teams ruminate about Smith, they can ponder the track records of this group, all of whom were scrutinized just as Smith is now: Fred Smoot and Will Peterson in 2001, Derek Ross in 2002, Drayton Florence in 2003, Ahmad Carroll and Joey Thomas in 2004, Pac Man Jones in 2005, Jimmy Williams in 2006, Eric Wright in 2007, Vontae Davis in 2009 and Jerome Murphy in 2010.

"Whoever takes him will be a little nervous," another AFC personnel director said. "But this stuff happened three years ago. I really think he's going in the first (round) because he's too talented, but we wouldn't be talking about where he was going to go if he didn't have that stuff."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120747104.html

Lasers1
04-28-2011, 09:51 AM
This stuff has been out for a while, but the media always re hashes stuff right before the draft to make it seem like it's new info. If he starts dropping past the first 2 rounds, then you'll know what teams really think of him

bananabucket
04-28-2011, 09:54 AM
i wouldnt want an asshat like that on my team.

Covy1
04-28-2011, 10:00 AM
It's not 100% his fault as the article proved...bad childhood environment and family members who do petty crimes rub off of him...he's top 10 talent but the off the field issues is baggage that teams hate to take on.

Calirum
04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Sounds like Colorado is a fun place to go to school

Dennis71
04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
last time i saw, abortions were perfectly legal.
So that doesnt sound like a disaster..
also, 90% of college students drink, whether underaged or not. Most are just lucky enough not to get caught
and lets be real, if any of u were Div 1 Football players with NFL talent, all u would be doing in drinking, smokin, and raw-doggin girls.

not mentioned in the article is the fact that all this trouble happened during his first 2 years on campus... im pretty sure he was a 5th year senior this past season

krokaw7
04-28-2011, 10:13 AM
all this stuff happened long ago, he hasnt been in trouble since then, does he not deserve a second chance?

AriGhold
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
does he not deserve a second chance?

the second change would have been in between the two minor possessions, three failed drug tests, or two abortions. well maybe he learned his lesson after the aggravated assault considering he has yet to be charged with it again.

dasfeuer
04-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Philly will take him, getting guys like Smith has paid off for them so far (Vick, desean)

Dennis71
04-28-2011, 10:20 AM
the second change would have been in between the two minor possessions, three failed drug tests, or two abortions. well maybe he learned his lesson after the aggravated assault considering he has yet to be charged with it again.

abortions are legal...
why exactly are u using him making a girl get an abortion as a negative?

At least hes not like Travis Henry, having 6 kids with 6 different women

Beliedat
04-28-2011, 10:21 AM
lol@mentioning the abortions.

LulzWorthy
04-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds like Colorado is a fun place to go to school

It is actually.

magicmatt
04-28-2011, 10:33 AM
lol'd hard at "he speaks well"

ezmac31
04-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Do not want

thegenerel
04-28-2011, 09:22 PM
glad that he can bust out for the Ravens

Lasers1
04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Philly will take him, getting guys like Smith has paid off for them so far (Vick, desean)

Kill yourself, please.

AriGhold
04-28-2011, 09:50 PM
abortions are legal...
why exactly are u using him making a girl get an abortion as a negative?

At least hes not like Travis Henry, having 6 kids with 6 different women

not trying to get into a political debate but they shouldn't be legal. having to get multiple abortions shows how irresponsible a person is and proves that they should be illegal. he's an NFL prospect about to make millions i think he can keep the kids and use some of his overpaid salary to cover the child support.

but killing his babies obviously aren't the biggest deal, he's ****ed up in several different ways.

JaxBrah
04-28-2011, 09:54 PM
The guy is very close to the level of patrick peterson and got picked 27th. If he gets his act together, then the ravens got the steal of the draft.

6'2 215lb corner?? YES PLEASE

magicmatt
not trying to get into a political debate but they shouldn't be legal. having to get multiple abortions shows how irresponsible a person is and proves that they should be illegal. he's an NFL prospect about to make millions i think he can keep the kids and use some of his overpaid salary to cover the child support.

but killing his babies obviously aren't the biggest deal, he's ****ed up in several different ways.

do you eat scrambled eggs or scrambled chickens?

Masstastic

The parents of the women paid for them, not Jimmy.

griepes
04-28-2011, 09:58 PM
you cant really blame him for smoking mj, he went to school in boulder which has some the best bud in the country

Lasers1
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Ray Lewis will keep him in check

Or make him an accomplice for murder

Masstastic
04-28-2011, 10:00 PM
glad that he can bust out for the Ravens

Hes going to be locking down Mike Wallace for 60 minutes.

Ravens made a good pick. If character is the question, the Ravens have a strong locker room who will keep him in check around the team.

I have no faith in him when he gets away from the team. This is a dangerous city to **** around in.

AriGhold
04-28-2011, 10:05 PM
do you eat scrambled eggs or scrambled chickens?

har har. wear a condom or buy the bitch birth control, it isn't that difficult.

The parents of the women paid for them, not Jimmy.

i'm saying that they shouldn't have used their financial situation on the reason for getting the abortion.

Masstastic
04-28-2011, 10:13 PM

Im with you on abortions because unless you were raped, you shouldnt be getting multiple abortions so you can continue reckless behavior.

These contraceptives like birth control is being abused to the point that **** is now in our drinking water.

You have to wonder what type of parent buys their teenage daughter birth control. The logic behind doing so means you want your kids to be sexually active but not understanding the responsibility to protect yourself.

You'd be surprised how many people think Birth Control means you can have unprotected sex.

i'm saying that they shouldn't have used their financial situation on the reason for getting the abortion.

Most likely these were White college girls he was ****ing down at Colorado.

The "parents paid for it" line pretty much gave it away these werent smuts from his old hood.

SwagMorris
04-28-2011, 10:16 PM
You have to wonder what type of parent buys their teenage daughter birth control. The logic behind doing so means you want your kids to be sexually active but not understanding the responsibility to protect yourself.

You realize birth control is used for more than just "birth control", right?

AriGhold
04-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Im with you on abortions because unless you were raped, you shouldnt be getting multiple abortions so you can continue reckless behavior.

These contraceptives like birth control is being abused to the point that **** is now in our drinking water.

You'd be surprised how many people think Birth Control means you can have unprotected sex.

Most likely these were White college girls he was ****ing down at Colorado.

The "parents paid for it" line pretty much gave it away these werent smuts from his old hood.

yeah birth control is tricky, especially for skanks. never trust the "i'm on birth control so you don't have to wear a condom" line because you know she has said it 40+ times before you. i think the parents get the birth control only so they can sleep easy at night not having to worry about being a grandparent at 45. they would rather not have to worry about kids even if it means their own kids have faye reagan like genital warts.

yeah i was kinda surprised when i heard that their parents paid for it. i know the couple hood rats i knocked up didn't have their parents pay for anything.

Masstastic
04-28-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah birth control is tricky, especially for skanks. never trust the "i'm on birth control so you don't have to wear a condom line" because you know she has said it 40+ times before you. i think the parents get the birth control only so they can sleep easy at night not having to worry about being a grandparent at 45. they would rather not have to worry about kids even if it means their own kids have faye reagan like genital warts.

Truth.

yeah i was kinda surprised when i heard that their parents paid for it. i know the couple hood rats i knocked up didn't have their parents pay for anything.

http://i.imgur.com/xI42i.gif

lrm546
04-28-2011, 10:48 PM
jimmy smith gonna laugh at all da haterz.... LEGGO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!

Masstastic
04-28-2011, 10:51 PM
jimmy smith gonna laugh at all da haterz.... LEGGO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!

Arent you an Eagles fan?

kyleTX
04-29-2011, 01:14 AM

you sound like a virgin or a dyke with a doo-rag on, I can't decide which....

magicmatt
04-29-2011, 06:36 AM

people get raped too man. a huge problem with this country is children that cant be cared for, its a huge reason why the welfare system sucks so bad. i cant advocate bringing kids in this world who people have no desire to care for.

roko79
04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Sounds like a jet to me

AriGhold
04-29-2011, 07:47 AM
you sound like a virgin or a dyke with a doo-rag on, I can't decide which....

i'm a dyke with a doo-rag, thanks for figuring that one out!

people get raped too man. a huge problem with this country is children that cant be cared for, its a huge reason why the welfare system sucks so bad. i cant advocate bringing kids in this world who people have no desire to care for.

i agree with abortion in situations of rape and incest, just not when some sorority chick can go down to the abortion clinic 5 times a year and get her uterus scrapped out because she doesn't like the feel of condoms and birth control will make her gain 5 lbs. yes, there are plenty of 16 year olds who get knocked up and really have no business raising a kid but if the system allows people to be completely irresponsible and get as many abortions as they want it has to be stopped. americans adopt foreign babies at ridiculous rates and if we got rid of abortion and changed the adoption policy here to make it a little more appealing we could solve more problems. but that's as much as i'm going to say about abortion because a.) this is a sports forum and b.) i really don't care what your opinion is and i'm not really interested in changing your mind

bottom line is jimmy smith is a ****up and i really doubt he is going to change.

ezmac31
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
hey, maybe after he gets his signing bonus he will make it rain at strip clubs and fight his team-assigned body guards.

JaxBrah
04-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Inb4 he turns out better than patrick peterson.

The dudes ceiling is very high. Hes almost an nnamdi asomougha clone in size speed and his style of play

brb_ballin
04-29-2011, 08:12 AM
do not want.