PDA

View Full Version : Jack Locker..... welcome to Seattle brah

KingCanuck
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
With the 25th pick in the 2011 draft... the Seattle Seahawks select QB Jack Locker out of the University of Washington

http://i52.tinypic.com/102ti7r.gif

charity4thepoor
04-26-2011, 02:57 PM
he won't make it anywhere near that low.

BeastReturns
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Inb4 he takes his talents to south beach...

Was that an overkill on that?

feardafronfz3
04-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Crabtree....welcome to Seattle
Eric Berry.....welcome to Seattle

AgRyan
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
As somewhat of a Seattle fan I really hope they don't pick him...

Clives_Bicep
04-26-2011, 03:21 PM
In b4 he's playing in Nashville.

KingCanuck
04-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Crabtree....welcome to Seattle
Eric Berry.....welcome to Seattle

Glad bOth of these didn't happen. Rather have Okung over Berry. Thomas and Berry are both going to be great

iamgenus
04-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Jake Locker is getting way too much bad press due to his competion %

Joe Montana had a completion % just below 50% at Notre Dame.

Locker has great tools and terrific intangibles and he will bust his ass to get better.

If he goes to a team with decent offensive talent and some quality offensive coaches he will be a very good NFL qb.

Would be thrilled if 49ers could trade into bottom of the 1st to draft him. But I think teams are smart enough and he'll go top 20.

Hadouken91
04-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Jake Locker is getting way too much bad press due to his competion %

Joe Montana had a completion % just below 50% at Notre Dame.

Locker has great tools and terrific intangibles and he will bust his ass to get better.

If he goes to a team with decent offensive talent and some quality offensive coaches he will be a very good NFL qb.

Would be thrilled if 49ers could trade into bottom of the 1st to draft him. But I think teams are smart enough and he'll go top 20.

I agree with you to an extent and I think Locker is a way better prospect than Mallet, but the passing game was so different in the 70s. I don't think its fair to compare Montana's passing metrics in college to anyone today.

iamgenus
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I agree with you to an extent and I think Locker is a way better prospect than Mallet, but the passing game was so different in the 70s. I don't think its fair to compare Montana's passing metrics in college to anyone today.

The comparison wasn't to say Locker will be another Montana. It was more to show that some QBs excell in certain situations.

Bill Walsh drafted Montana and took the skills that made him great and put him into position to succeed and Joe worked his butt off and made his numbers in school look like he was holding back.

A lot of things impact completion % Washington had mediocre receivers at best who had butter fingers and OL which forced Locker to scramble way too often and an offense which didn't help his numbers.

If he goes to the right team the tools are there and he'll work hard to fit into the scheme. I don't know if he'll ever be mid-high 60s type accuracy but I think he'd be a great fit in the WCO and can average in low-mid 60s completion % which is pretty good for the NFL.

I mean hell John Elway was a mid 50% guy and most people consider him top 3 QB in the NFL and almost everyone has him top 5.

eMan0n
04-26-2011, 07:25 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/412220/FelixLeap.gif

thegenerel
04-26-2011, 07:29 PM
Glad bOth of these didn't happen. Rather have Okung over Berry. Thomas and Berry are both going to be great

so then you will be glad in the long run that they dont draft Locker!

eMan0n
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
so then you will be glad in the long run that they dont draft Locker!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

http://cfbexaminer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Jake+Locker+Nebraska+v+Washington+pJWE9ue3xvil.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/10373/450lockerdad.jpg