PDA

View Full Version : Complex Vs Simple carb question

Topbod
04-19-2011, 03:13 PM
So im wondering, if i eat more fruit's/ other things that contain sugar (simple carbs) more than complex carbs but still meet my macros for each day on carbs and don't go over is this okay? i find i eat can eat more fruits then whole wheet bread ect... so if i get my carbs from mainly fruit lets say 75% of my daily carbs would this be okay? or is it bad... i've done research but am confused. thanks for the help.

WonderPug
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Yes, it's absolutely fine.

Topbod
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM

Well that's a huge relief.

kusok
04-19-2011, 03:32 PM

You sure dougg? I get freaked out about that too like the OP. I think I even read Lyle say we can fructose-wise hold something like the equivalent of 4-6 fruits in the liver, and then it gets full and we got an issue... maybe I misunderstood what Lyle was saying, and it probably doesn't matter given caloric balance.

But I must confess I love fruit and are indifferent to grains. So when I eat something like 300-400 grams of carbs pretty much 90% of it from mango, bananas, apples, grapes, honey and citrus, I start wondering if sugar fairy might come and store that sh_t :p

Reading up on how bodybuilders eat 4 cups oatmeal, and do like 2 slices of pineapple post-workout doesn't help lol. I almost feel like following bro-science phobias just incase...

Topbod
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
You sure dougg? I get freaked out about that too like the OP. I think I even read Lyle say we can fructose-wise hold something like the equivalent of 4-6 fruits in the liver, and then it gets full and we got an issue... maybe I misunderstood what Lyle was saying, and it probably doesn't matter given caloric balance.

But I must confess I love fruit and are indifferent to grains. So when I eat something like 300-400 grams of carbs pretty much 90% of it from mango, bananas, apples, grapes, honey and citrus, I start wondering if sugar fairy might come and store that sh_t :p

Reading up on how bodybuilders eat 4 cups oatmeal, and do like 2 slices of pineapple post-workout doesn't help lol. I almost feel like following bro-science phobias just incase...

See idk now... damnit! why does this game have to be so complicated?

kusok
04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
See idk now... damnit! why does this game have to be so complicated?

I was LOL when I read Tom Venuto say how he thinks fruit is great and bodybuilders were wrong to avoid it etc. then Tom lists his diet which includes 1/2 grapefruit per day... I was like WTF man!

Topbod
04-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I was LOL when I read Tom Venuto say how he thinks fruit is great and bodybuilders were wrong to avoid it etc. then Tom lists his diet which includes 1/2 grapefruit per day... I was like WTF man!

haha that's really funny. idk if i should eliminate them or not?

kusok
04-19-2011, 03:46 PM
haha that's really funny. idk if i should eliminate them or not?

nah man. Don't eliminate them. They good for you.

Topbod
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM
nah man. Don't eliminate them. They good for you.

well what about fruit thats in cans? like ones that are made with there own fruit instead of stored in syrup is this okay?

kusok
04-19-2011, 05:40 PM
ttt

juliacheh
04-19-2011, 05:50 PM
It's so weird, last year on a cut I was eating probably 80% of my carbs from fruit.
Now I crave sweet potatoes, oatmeal, whole grain pasta, eat maybe 1 apple a day, and there are some days when I don't have any fruit at all.

Am I turning into a bro?
:D:D