PDA

View Full Version : cal's/day question

Universal64
04-17-2011, 09:33 PM
so basically all of the formula's i've found/had already (including the ones in the sticky) all come out as different cals/day i must take in to maintain my current weight (at 215)

what ones do you guys typically stick to using to calculate this? this is the formula i feel that is best but not sure if it's accurate or not

A) Your weight in pounds: _____

B) Multiply A by 11 to get your resting metabolic rate _______

C) Multiply B by 1.6 to estimate your caloric expenditure through basic daily activities: ________

D) Multiply the number of minutes per wee that you lift weights by 5: ________

E) Multiply the number of minutes per week that you run, cycle, or play sports by 8: ______

F) Add D and E, then divide by 7: ________

G) Add line C and line F to get your daily calorie needs: ________

Let me know what you guys think and will rep for advice.

jrcoreymv
04-17-2011, 09:36 PM
The one that accounts for bodyfat/lean body mass is usually considered the most accurate. With that said, theyre all just estimates to use as an initial guideline. You'll find your true caloric intake for maintenance based on a few weeks of trial, then assessing your weight from there. Adjust calories appropriately and try again for a few more weeks.

Universal64
04-17-2011, 09:38 PM
The one that accounts for bodyfat/lean body mass is usually considered the most accurate. With that said, theyre all just estimates to use as an initial guideline. You'll find your true caloric intake for maintenance based on a few weeks of trial, then assessing your weight from there. Adjust calories appropriately and try again for a few more weeks.

Anyway you can post me to a link for the one that accounts for BF/lean body mass?

I've been thru the whole trial and error thing before, believe me ha just can't get dialed in on the correct number

jrcoreymv
04-17-2011, 09:46 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

katch-mcardle formula, or something like that.

Universal64
04-17-2011, 09:50 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

katch-mcardle formula, or something like that.

yeah, that's one of them that i been using but wasn't sure which one was most accurate really

anyone else's input at all?

and will rep for the advice!