PDA

View Full Version : Bulking without grains or legumes

One eye pimp
06-07-2003, 12:34 PM
I think I am allergic to grains and nightshades because of their gluten and lectin content. I dont know yet but I will find out soon (in about a week). This totally messed up my plans for bulking because as you guys may know bulking requires taking in a lot of caloric dense foods such as brown rice, pasta, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc (all of which are grains or nightshades). Is there any way you can bulk up without having to consume grains or nightshades? Maybe a high protein high fat diet, I dont know...This sucks.

RippedUp
06-07-2003, 03:08 PM
High fat diets for bulking work. But it is not the most optimal way to do so.

Try to find some good carbs you can tolerate.

LordNeon
06-07-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by One eye pimp
I think I am allergic to grains and nightshades because of their gluten and lectin content. I dont know yet but I will find out soon (in about a week). This totally messed up my plans for bulking because as you guys may know bulking requires taking in a lot of caloric dense foods such as brown rice, pasta, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc (all of which are grains or nightshades). Is there any way you can bulk up without having to consume grains or nightshades? Maybe a high protein high fat diet, I dont know...This sucks.

How about milk? It has carbs, but doesn't digest too quickly.

derekmac
06-07-2003, 03:38 PM
Nuts would also be a good choice.

One eye pimp
06-07-2003, 04:45 PM
I'm allergic to milk as well. I'm gonna give sweet potatoes a try.

LordNeon
06-07-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm allergic to milk as well. I'm gonna give sweet potatoes a try.

Yeesh. OK, how about fruit then? That has relatively low-GI carbs.

wildman536
06-08-2003, 12:38 AM
I'm allergic to milk as well. I'm gonna give sweet potatoes a try. Do the Yams if you can bro!!! But other than that I feel for you bro!!!

One eye pimp
06-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by wildman536
Do the Yams if you can bro!!! But other than that I feel for you bro!!!

Yeah, I'm eating 6 cups of yams a day, lol. Hopefully this wont become my tuna...<gags>. Seems like the gluten in the grains makes my acne worsen. I may be allergic to gluten, we'll see.

One eye pimp
06-08-2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by LordNeon
Yeesh. OK, how about fruit then? That has relatively low-GI carbs.

Fruits are not really good for bulking because they are very low caloric dense foods and have very little carbs in them. Thanks anyways.