PDA

View Full Version : pls have a look at my diet/eating. any advice ?

negerove
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
i'm about 6ft and about 180 pounds.
want to lose fat and gain some muscle.

i've been on the following diet/eating:

1. wake up ant 5am, have protein shake, coffee, off to work
2. have porridge with honey around 9am
3. 250gr curd cheese with honey and tea around 11.30am-12.00
4. go to gym, do 30 mins cardio on VARIO, then weights. have protein shake at the end of workout (usually around 5pm)
5. go home, have boiled basmati rice with 140gr of boiled salmon and either avocado, cauliflower or spinach.
6. have more 250gr of curd cheese at around 8pm
7.have protein shake right before going to bed.

go to gym every second day.

i don't use white sugar, only sweetener with my tea or coffee.
i do love pistachio nuts, but usually a whole bag (about 200gr) (1-2 a week), can't help it, they are my weakness. but could drop it if needed.

is there anything i should add/drop ?
my main concern is my belly, which is not too bad, but there is an excess fat there.

WonderPug
04-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Please read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129523333 and then fix your post.

By the way, why are you eating 7 times per day and why are you having 3 protein shakes per day?

psychodiver9
04-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Please read: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129523333 and then fix your post.

By the way, why are you eating 7 times per day and why are you having 3 protein shakes per day?
God this feels like deja vous. I feel like I have literally read this exact post and response about 10 times today

negerove
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
hi :)

emmmmmmm, if i knew exactly how to fix it i'd do it gladly, but this is what i eat everyday and not sure exactly how many calories are there or protein/carbs/fats.

i just wanted someone's opinion if they see anything there that should be added/excluded.
i read some stuff about honey and it bothers me now :) so if someone would way in my case honey is bad, i would drop it ...

hm, why 3 shakes ? that's what it says on the tin: 1 upon waking up, 1 after gym, 1 before bed :)
why 7 times a day ? emmmm dunno, good question :) maybe to keep protein intake constant or smth. and some energy carbs in a morning ..

p.s. if u think i break posting rules, feel free to delete it, cause i don't know how to fix it :)

braggable
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
hi :)

emmmmmmm, if i knew exactly how to fix it i'd do it gladly, but this is what i eat everyday and not sure exactly how many calories are there or protein/carbs/fats.

i just wanted someone's opinion if they see anything there that should be added/excluded.
i read some stuff about honey and it bothers me now :) so if someone would way in my case honey is bad, i would drop it ...

hm, why 3 shakes ? that's what it says on the tin: 1 upon waking up, 1 after gym, 1 before bed :)
why 7 times a day ? emmmm dunno, good question :) maybe to keep protein intake constant or smth. and some energy carbs in a morning ..

p.s. if u think i break posting rules, feel free to delete it, cause i don't know how to fix it :)

I am not sure what you aren't understanding.

As a member to any new forum, you should always start by reading the stickies before posting your life story and subsequent daily menu with NO macro/cal breakdowns.

1) Read this:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
2) calculate your daily maco/cal needs
3) subtract 10-20% for a cut or add 10-20% for a bulk
4) you don't need 3 shakes a day.. you don't even need 1 if you are meeting all your macros
5) 6-8 meals a day "stoking" your metabolism is a myth and totally unnecessary.