PDA

View Full Version : Metal in Myofusion

Pages : [1] 2

Rhetorician
04-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I've gone through roughly 4 tubs of Myfusion CnC...it's actually my favorite protein...I always noticed little sparkly flecks in it but never paid much attention until today...

http://i56.tinypic.com/n1xf5w.jpg

WTF?

Saw this thing sticking out so I brought it to the top with tweezers...have found a second one as well...pretty disappointed...finally found a protein powder that I am in love only to find a piece of metal in it....

lilcrate
04-07-2011, 02:04 PM
1st

thegodjr
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Thirst

notoriousbeast
04-07-2011, 02:06 PM
lol they just get tons of business because of the taste. ill stick to trutein.

DedicatedDad
04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Not a big fan of 'em. Wonder what their justification of this will be.

GymRat128
04-07-2011, 02:09 PM

Play on Playaaaa. Vanilla FTW, I found a tiny hair in my tub yesterday also (srs) but prob 50/50 it could of been mine but the last 7 years this is the first time I found a hair

JP83
You were warned about heavy metals in protein! :) Well here you have it.

YANGSHIM
hopefully this doesnt happen often
was planning to order some gaspari products soon for my stack...

You were warned about heavy metals in protein! :) Well here you have it.

lol

FaMeRoKz
04-07-2011, 02:10 PM

if i was you i would stick with food. for real.

OP was it metal? or could it have been from the seal?

Illadelphia
04-07-2011, 02:12 PM
It's most likely from when you opened the tub, a sliver of the seal fell in.

Rhetorician
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM

It's legit metal...heavier than aluminum foil.

Off to the gym but later tonight I am going to sift through the rest of the tub. :/

Starkk
04-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I've gone through roughly 4 tubs of Myfusion CnC...it's actually my favorite protein...I always noticed little sparkly flecks in it but never paid much attention until today...

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff479/starkk1/myoZOMBIE.jpg

WTF?

Saw this thing sticking out so I brought it to the top with tweezers...have found a second one as well...pretty disappointed...finally found a protein powder that I am in love only to find a piece of metal in it....

I'd be more concerned with the rotting human head, but I guess to each their own.

Rhetorician
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
I'd be more concerned with the rotting human head, but I guess to each their own.

Thread is srs. I understand that your sole social experience is bodybuilding.com but if you could please try to keep yourself from derailing this thread or attempting to diffuse it with childish humor I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Hardnutcheck
04-07-2011, 02:16 PM
They just cut their protein with that for more weight.

BRB. looking through my tub

longhorns_p
04-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Thread is srs. I understand that your sole social experience is bodybuilding.com but if you could please try to keep yourself from derailing this thread or attempting to diffuse it with childish humor I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

dead srs

thread is dead srs

SheWulf
04-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I'll pass this on to the guys from HQ....

BenW22
04-07-2011, 02:23 PM

It's most likely from when you opened the tub, a sliver of the seal fell in.

My first thought as well...

PuZo
04-07-2011, 02:32 PM
In!

wakingmalice
04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Goddammit.

Give me back my cawk ring.

|ceman
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
OP, can you please give our customer service number a call during normal business hours? They can help you out. 888-742-7727

Rhetorician
04-07-2011, 03:28 PM
OP, can you please give our customer service number a call during normal business hours? They can help you out. 888-742-7727
Sure thing. Thank you.

madadam
04-07-2011, 03:32 PM

I like this post. Repped man.

neddo
04-07-2011, 03:44 PM
dead srs

thread is dead srs

http://www.glogster.com/media/2/3/43/18/3431829.jpg

arconom
04-07-2011, 03:45 PM
I guess I'll sift through my Peanut butter Myofusion when I get it.

kn92
04-07-2011, 04:10 PM
In for more posts/info!

changemyoil66
04-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Its flakes on Adamantium.

Ray9
04-07-2011, 04:13 PM
just drink the metal OP, it's their new secret ingredient.

but srs I would call and complain

lilcrate
04-07-2011, 04:26 PM
just drink the metal OP, it's their new secret ingredient.

but srs I would call and complain

to your lawyer....no srs....i think.....

em-dubya
04-07-2011, 04:28 PM

lulz........................

Bright2131
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
MY guess is that it is the seal. He probably opened it, and it got shaken up in the powder. If its not that than i think he is trolling us. But you never know. If rats can get into certain food, im sure a piece of hard aluminum metal type thing can get in there to.

_Smitty_
04-07-2011, 05:14 PM
what if that metal bonds to the androgen receptor and this is how super heroes are born?

GetRippedInc
04-07-2011, 05:19 PM
what if that metal bonds to the androgen receptor and this is how super heroes are born?

Nope
It's clearly an attempt to top ON Platinum Whey with Sterling Silver Blend. ;)
More than likely its the seal like everyone else is posting.

longhorns_p
04-07-2011, 05:25 PM

this explains how Rich stays in shape

Maxwell1995
04-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't really like Gaspari much. Intrapro is good, and I hear good things about SizeON. That's about it. Every company has its problems.

neddo
04-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't really like Gaspari much. Intrapro is good, and I hear good things about SizeON. That's about it. Every company has its problems.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbsyzkO5301qa91pfo1_500.jpg

nrr40
04-07-2011, 06:23 PM
Its flakes on Adamantium.

OP melt it and inject into biceps.

sloop
04-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Thanks. Appreciate your support. :D

wakingmalice
04-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks. Appreciate your support. :D

has your company decided what the macros of your protein is yet?

rdslide
04-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Nope
It's clearly an attempt to top ON Platinum Whey with Sterling Silver Blend. ;)
More than likely its the seal like everyone else is posting.

It's a Prop Blend though so I don't know exactly how much Sterling Silver I'm getting!!?? ;)

DejaBlue55
04-07-2011, 06:53 PM
**** thats ****ed

quank
04-07-2011, 07:07 PM

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2010/05/07/250633/ironman.jpg

bruceg
04-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Not a real super hero though....Just a really bad a*s suit.

quank
04-07-2011, 07:13 PM
Not a real super hero though....Just a really bad a*s suit.

yeah but he loves drinking MetalFusion :D

Rhetorician
04-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I had another sealed tub and I opened it and took off the seal to compare the metal on the seal to the metal fragments I found in my protein; they are not the same. These pieces are a bit thicker than foil would be, they are still bendable, albeit not as much as foil.

Secondly when examining the tub for the lot # etc... I noticed that Myofusion is "A product of Canada." Had no idea! Anyhow. I have sent des an e-mail and trust that everything will be fine. As I stated in my e-mail to him, I genuinely hope that this was just some random fluke because I can't fathom having to hunt down another protein I care for as much as the Myo CnC.

TSV
04-07-2011, 07:29 PM

You rang?

quank
04-07-2011, 07:34 PM
You rang?

:eek:

rdslide
04-07-2011, 08:01 PM
OMG smitty in your jest you have just revealed the exact MOA that ecdy uses! *LOL*
I think its an underlying magnetic bond to the androgen receptor resulting in effects greater than dianabol.
You, my friend,are a genious.
OP - Carry on about the foil from the seal that feel in your protein....

*fell

OP - Carry on

TheFugitive
04-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Iron does a body good

Maxwell1995
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbsyzkO5301qa91pfo1_500.jpg

Why thank you, brotellini

powercage
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
I noticed that Myofusion is "A product of Canada."

Those moose riding bastards.

They are trying to poison us through our supplements

madadam
04-07-2011, 08:22 PM

This.

bigpoppaapp
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
hmmmm, got 2 tubs of 5 pound myofusions waiting to be opened. ill have to tread carefully when i use them. so far the past 2 have had no problems

mojo85
04-07-2011, 08:39 PM

....No we arent!!.....damnit plan uncovered, go Socrates! To the safety of the Poutine shop where we will conceive another plot while drinking our bagged milk.

asmazda
04-07-2011, 11:59 PM
It's a Prop Blend though so I don't know exactly how much Sterling Silver I'm getting!!?? ;)

Hey it doesn't matter... metal is metal! :-;

or_yourlivingtodie
04-08-2011, 12:03 AM
just had some CnC about 5 minutes ago.................no metal, but damn delicious :D

quank
04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
just had some CnC about 5 minutes ago.................no metal, but damn delicious :D

good luck getting through the metal detector at the airport.

arconom
04-08-2011, 03:44 AM

Wolverine maybe? I know, a long shot. Maybe someone will find the "Golden Ticket"instead

wakingmalice
04-08-2011, 03:49 AM
This is how they justify a 50/50 blend. Metal always makes me feel fuller longer. Trickery.

DJS2
04-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Can we get a statement from gaspari as to why this may have occurred and steps that are being taken to prevent it? Not trying to sound like a downer but thats some pretty serious **** if it was ingested by someone.. I can only dream of finding metal in a product I buy from a large corporate food chain... $$$$$ ;)

Jeff the Repper
04-08-2011, 04:38 AM

Nah, just the cold infusion process works better up here, metal may have been part of a snow plow. No worries, most of our snow is white.

Killshot1
04-08-2011, 06:09 AM
bro thats just a new experimental electrolyte....

(nt srs).. mabe it was from your seal?

standon23
04-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Please don't tell me everyone in this is retarded. Something serious happens in a protein that alot of us use and spend our hard earned money on and all the company gets in return is jokes about it being a new secret muscle building formula. Like it was funny until it became the whole thread. Where did the concern for health go? Atleast the concern as being a consumer were gettin a safe product, but its proven time and time again the supplement industry has little concern for our health. Some companies do so
Relax just most don't but yet it's a joke. Sad immature bb.com

TMac26
04-08-2011, 09:25 AM
Checked both tubs of my Myo.

Both clear.

PuZo
04-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Checked both tubs of my Myo.

Both clear.

Did you use a high powered magnet?

TMac26
04-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Did you use a high powered magnet?

I could. But you do realize that Aluminum is not magnetic right?

I used a fine mesh screen. (srs)

IamJonsCranium
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
I found a small piece of blue rubber in my ON Nitro Core. I picked it out and drank the rest.

Stuff like this can happen in a manufacturing environment. Could be a piece of aluminum machinery that needs changed out. It's a good idea to contact the company and let them know, but not usually a big deal. You should always pay attention to what's in your supplements and any other food product.

ETA: The larger concern I have is that OP said he usually notices flashy specs in his protein. That is what needs to be focused on.

lilcrate
04-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Please don't tell me everyone in this is retarded. Something serious happens in a protein that alot of us use and spend our hard earned money on and all the company gets in return is jokes about it being a new secret muscle building formula. Like it was funny until it became the whole thread. Where did the concern for health go? Atleast the concern as being a consumer were gettin a safe product, but its proven time and time again the supplement industry has little concern for our health. Some companies do so

I agree totally. I am surprised this is the reaction of BB.com. A proprietary blend is the end of the world, but metal in protein, not such a big deal.

|ceman
04-08-2011, 09:41 AM

I understand your concerns and I can assure you we are taking this seriously. The OP has been in contact with our corporate offices and they are investigating the issue as well as getting a replacement issued to the customer.

:)

tyzero89
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM
brb....shredding aluminum foil in my MYO and taking a pic to get free ****!!!

tyzero89
04-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I found a small piece of blue rubber in my ON Nitro Core. I picked it out and drank the rest.

Stuff like this can happen in a manufacturing environment. Could be a piece of aluminum machinery that needs changed out. It's a good idea to contact the company and let them know, but not usually a big deal. You should always pay attention to what's in your supplements and any other food product.

ETA: The larger concern I have is that OP said he usually notices flashy specs in his protein. That is what needs to be focused on.

This....you cant expect that 100% of every supplement is going to be produced to standards. Some bitty finds a whole chicken head in her chicken mcnuggets and mcdonalds is still worldwide making billions.

arconom
04-08-2011, 11:47 AM

I really think most are joking in a sarcastic way, at least I am. I mean come on? how does this get past quality control? Do they have quality control? Who is packing the product?

To me it really is a joke! How the heck does a company get paid $40+/- for a 5lb jug of Myofusion and let this happen??

standon23
04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
I really think most are joking in a sarcastic way, at least I am. I mean come on? how does this get past quality control? Do they have quality control? Who is packing the product?

To me it really is a joke! How the heck does a company get paid $40+/- for a 5lb jug of Myofusion and let this happen??

Because we let it happen, their are numerous supplement companies in the market its not a monopoly or oligiopoly. No hate on gaspari but they have came up alot just like muscle tech and ON had heavy metals etc. Yet we continue to buy their product at the same prices saying "it tastz good and I get teh gainz bruh" I mean come one does no body care about pressuring these companies to actually release a safe product. Creapure i.e. has 100 percent well 99 percent quality studies and posted on its label why can we not get the same for protein. I dont get it since its the stable of all nutrition for bodybuilding.

Farley1324
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
This....you cant expect that 100% of every supplement is going to be produced to standards. Some bitty finds a whole chicken head in her chicken mcnuggets and mcdonalds is still worldwide making billions.

cool wive's tale bro

mobikwa
04-08-2011, 12:07 PM

Do you even know how quality control works?

Do you expect a company to inspect every individual product they produce? Brb paying $150 for a tub of protein.

standon23
04-08-2011, 12:09 PM

Do you expect a company to inspect every individual product they produce? Brb paying $150 for a tub of protein.

Are you effing simple? I know how quality control works, and lots of companies produce numerous products with quality control and offer a extremely decent price. Supplement companies make a killing they can offer a safe product. You sir can get out!

patrick4588
04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
id put metal in my cnc for a free tub

arconom
04-08-2011, 12:22 PM

Considering I worked at a manufacturing plant for 16 years I know how Quality control works :)

Yes, I expect that they can check every product they produce.

It's not to hard to check the raw ingredients for Myofusion. This is much different then searching for Salmonella where you can't see the contaminant. This is not "Rocket Science"

gladcow
04-08-2011, 12:24 PM

You know what I just bought my first tub of myofusion the other day and I noticed the shiny specs too. I kind of looked past it at first but after this thread I'm a little concerned to keep drinking it. Does anyone else notice flashy specs in their protein? Can any reps comment on it? I'm tempted to try and get a refund/exchange for a different protein.

MOEMONEYGT
04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
You know what I just bought my first tub of myofusion the other day and I noticed the shiny specs too. I kind of looked past it at first but after this thread I'm a little concerned to keep drinking it. Does anyone else notice flashy specs in their protein? Can any reps comment on it? I'm tempted to try and get a refund/exchange for a different protein.

I have noticed the same thing in my Jug as well.

blynch923
04-08-2011, 12:36 PM

Me too. I have the Hydro Milk Chocolate and in the whole tub are tiny little specs that look like metal. At first I thought it was no big deal and used it. But I became weary of it and the tub has been sitting in my room untouched for a few months now.

Farley1324
04-08-2011, 12:37 PM
I have those little reflective bits all over my Myo powder as well. Shine a flashlight in...plain as day.

Da fuk is going on here?

ISurfNudeBrah
04-08-2011, 12:46 PM
I have those little reflective bits all over my Myo powder as well. Shine a flashlight in...plain as day.

Da fuk is going on here?

probably BCAA's...

gladcow
04-08-2011, 12:47 PM
I'm willing to bet that the op's case is an isolated incident and unrelated to the reflective specs (maybe something used for coloring or artificial flavoring), however I'm going to play it safe until a rep comes in and explains what part of the ingredient list is reflective like that.

Farley1324
04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
So what are these reflective specs? They are everywhere. They are not all the same size. There are a lot so big I can isolate them from the powder with my bare hands.

A quick picture I took after putting a small amount of product into the upturned lid. I circled some of the more significant specs.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/austin3161324/45cc48b5.jpg

Now, somebody with tweezers and time (I will maybe do this later today after my wife gets home and tells me where we have tweezers...assuming we do) and myofusion go grab as many of the bigger specs as you can, separate them, and put them in a small amount of pure water to see if they dissolve. <---Useful idea?

Also, do you know what they look an awful lot like? Salt.

ISurfNudeBrah
04-08-2011, 12:54 PM
^Again,looks like BCAA to me. Looks just like L-Leucine powder that I add to my shakes. It is sparkly looking

TMac26
04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
^Again,looks like BCAA to me. Looks just like L-Leucine powder that I add to my shakes. It is sparkly looking

Same.

Bulk Leucine looks like that.

PuZo
04-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Same.

Bulk Leucine looks like that.

Why would bulk Leucine be added though...

gladcow
04-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Yea to my knowledge BCAA's aren't in the ingredient list.

PuZo
04-08-2011, 01:21 PM
MyoFusion Athlete's Edge Complete Protein Blend II (Cross-Flow, Cold Infused Whey Protein Concentrate, Cross-Flow, Cold Infused, Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate, Egg Albumin, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Hydrolysate)

Pro-Compliance Lipid Complex [Cold-Processed Sunflower Oil Powder, CLA (Micro-Encapsulated Conjugated Linoleic Acid), Cold-Processed Flax Seed Oil Powder]

Cocoa

Pro-Compliance Dispersion Blend [Fibersol-2 (Soluble Fiber Glucose Polymer Complex) Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum And Carrageenan]

Mono & Diglycerides

Glucose Polymers

Natural & Artificial Flavors

GaspriZyme™ [Lactase (Lactose Reduce Enzyme), Protease]

Acesulfame Potassium

Sucralose

More importantly, IF it is Leucine, how is it in free form?

Farley1324
04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
BCAAs? But what about the never ending questions and discussion resulting from people saying they don't want Myo because it doesn't have BCAAs because they don't add them and put it on the label?

Murderfox
04-08-2011, 01:24 PM

There are companies who do that, i believe Allmax is one of them.

Hyruliangoat
04-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Im going to check all my proteins when i get home now...

heavyliftset
04-08-2011, 01:50 PM
just run a magnet over your stomach. if it pulls your belly you know you have a problem!

(Sorry couldn't resist)

lilcrate
04-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Metalfusion

IamJonsCranium
04-08-2011, 02:07 PM

Da fuk is going on here?

Me too. I have the Hydro Milk Chocolate and in the whole tub are tiny little specs that look like metal. At first I thought it was no big deal and used it. But I became weary of it and the tub has been sitting in my room untouched for a few months now.

Combined, and waiting for a rep response.

mer-der-ah
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
has your company decided what the macros of your protein is yet?

i was unaware until i saw this, then looked at http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tru-nutrition/trutein.html ... now i see!

DASBUNKER
04-08-2011, 02:22 PM
forget about lab testing for metals... dem myofusion has them available to the naked eye :P

Rhetorician
04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
I have been in contact with Gaspari's corporate offices and they are rectifying the problem immediately. I genuinely believe they are not simply paying me lip service but rather are legitimately looking into this issue. Thumbs up.

DASBUNKER
04-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I have been in contact with Gaspari's corporate offices and they are rectifying the problem immediately. I genuinely believe they are not simply paying me lip service but rather are legitimately looking into this issue. Thumbs up.

suggest free myofusion for everyone ITT as compensation for the post traumatic stress we had to endure knowing we might be infected

koard31
04-08-2011, 02:35 PM
In b4 metal chunks are a higher % of prop blend than hydrowhey!

standon23
04-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Considering I worked at a manufacturing plant for 16 years I know how Quality control works :)

It's not to hard to check the raw ingredients for Myofusion. This is much different then searching for Salmonella where you can't see the contaminant. This is not "Rocket Science"
Thank you sir it can and should be done

dwcsoup22
04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
I always thought the shiny specs were the added hydro whey, in for response.

PrepFootball
04-08-2011, 02:40 PM
in 4 response about those shiny specks... interesting.

RollUpSwollUp
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Combined, and waiting for a rep response.

I wish I could quote your quote, but alas, I cannot.

Anyway, for the noobs who don't know: The metal in Myo functions in a similar fashion to the Gold in Goldschlager. Tiny abrasions in your esophagus cause the protein to be more quickly transported to the muscles! DUH!!

MeatFlaps
04-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Mouth Sores, Bloody Dumps, kidney issues & barbed wire coming out of your bunghole.. it doesn't get sexier.

DejaBlue55
04-08-2011, 06:27 PM
so no response?

Hyruliangoat
04-08-2011, 06:38 PM
No chunks in my syngex, super pro, nitrotech (u mad), or vasolate...

SNOstorm
04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
I just checked my open tub of CnC Myofusion. There are a lot of "sparkles" in it - little grains that shine when you turn the tub in light. But nothing larger than a grain of salt.

Daycrawler
04-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I just checked my open tub of CnC Myofusion. There are a lot of "sparkles" in it - little grains that shine when you turn the tub in light. But nothing larger than a grain of salt.

So your myo has a sparkly SNO STORM

bruceg
04-08-2011, 07:19 PM
Wow...this is really quite rediculous.

Those specs have probably been there forever and now that ONE incident happens with OP everyone's acting like chugging back their myo like they've been doing forever will kill them.

Red9
04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Ordered a fiver of CnC yesterday...we shall see what happens.

primetime32
04-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah, i have the same shiny specs in my myo, but I highly doubt its metal. And that big piece of metal either fell in after OP opened the container, or it was some manufacturing flaw. There are countless ways you could accidentily get an item from your countertap stuck to the bottom of your scooper and then when you put the scooper back into the container, voila we have OP's pic. I doubt aluminum is one of the key ingredients in this stuff. But would like to hear a response at some point.

patrick4588
04-08-2011, 08:01 PM
i will take everyones apparently contaminated sparkly myo.

slimwealthy1
04-08-2011, 08:08 PM
always wondered what those sparklies ****s were. in for response as well.

Samamo
04-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Checked my tub...in for explanation on sparkles. **** will probably turn you into a gay vampire.

skier!
04-08-2011, 08:42 PM

You don't know anything about quality control if you think every tub of Myofusion is analyzed before it leaves the factory. Not going to get into the statistical theory, you can do that on your own. In fact this has to do with most mass produced products. It isn't "Rocket Science" but SPC is taught at the graduate level in Statistics and Industrial Engineering Programs so most people aren't going to understand it.

Sorry man but this is reality. Stay away from anything processed if this is your idea of "Quality Control."

IamJonsCranium
04-08-2011, 09:02 PM
You don't know anything about quality control if you think every tub of Myofusion is analyzed before it leaves the factory. Not going to get into the statistical theory, you can do that on your own. In fact this has to do with most mass produced products. It isn't "Rocket Science" but SPC is taught at the graduate level in Statistics and Industrial Engineering Programs so most people aren't going to understand it.

Sorry man but this is reality. Stay away from anything processed if this is your idea of "Quality Control."

I would assume that it all is inspected before going into the container. The metal could have fallen in during packaging. And it most likely isn't a human eye inspecting it.

rukkus
04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
foiled again :(

TyroneF
04-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Yeah, i have the same shiny specs in my myo, but I highly doubt its metal. And that big piece of metal either fell in after OP opened the container, or it was some manufacturing flaw. There are countless ways you could accidentily get an item from your countertap stuck to the bottom of your scooper and then when you put the scooper back into the container, voila we have OP's pic. I doubt aluminum is one of the key ingredients in this stuff. But would like to hear a response at some point.

This^ I have set my scooper on the counter as I'm making a shake and believe it or not have had anything from the range of crumbs from food to even a piece of hair one time land back into my protein powder jug.

But I also have had experience where a protein has those little white looking shiny flakes in it, but didn't think about it like that before.

GrecoRoman
04-08-2011, 09:22 PM
wow literally just opened my 5lb CnC the other day.

towinit
04-08-2011, 10:39 PM
After reading this post i checked my tub of myo and it also had the shiny looking dots. I looked in an old tub of cytogainer and it also has some shiny minerals in there too. more of a white though. Anyway I'm still drinking myo as I post this.

SilvaWarrior
04-08-2011, 10:43 PM
I've been using myofusion this whole time SMH.

drxmn
04-09-2011, 12:11 AM
suggest free myofusion for everyone ITT as compensation for the post traumatic stress we had to endure knowing we might be infected

yeah those metal infections, amirite

drxmn
04-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Still doesnt hold a candle to the time I found a dead bug in my ON whey.

BigChamp89
04-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Still doesnt hold a candle to the time I found a dead bug in my ON whey.

dont know about u but i would much rather eat a dead bug than a piece of metal

kentuckync
04-09-2011, 12:15 AM
mine has metal too, it's to make muscles even harder en stronger

2Burnt
04-09-2011, 12:19 AM

Gaspari always steps up in situations that involve unhappy customers. Its a rarity to the best of my knowledge. But when it happens, they dont let the mistake go unfixed.

powercage
04-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Soylentfusion is by far worse

GBROS
04-09-2011, 04:49 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/n1xf5w.jpg

WTF?

I think Gaspari jizzed in your tub mate. :( oh wait! Sweet mother of god i think you found the pixie dusted hydroooo in its purest hydrolysis! :eek:

GBROS
04-09-2011, 04:50 AM
dont know about u but i would much rather eat a dead bug than a piece of metal

You made me hungry. But im on a cut and not sure how many calories a dead bug would have :(

maq0r
04-09-2011, 04:54 AM
What's an extra iron?

Good thing they're working it out, I was about to get some a few days ago but got Dynamize instead

nugget5
04-09-2011, 05:51 AM
Been noticing more and more flakes in mine.... would like answers asap.

.:Chris:.
04-09-2011, 06:43 AM
Damn my kidneys hurt reading this thread

chrsschb
04-09-2011, 08:06 AM
:D

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator71d308d4bd7767b5e2444047625454601e0d46db. jpg

http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator7485fcac1d83abfd0a968ef4ecbb4a7a7eceb2a0. jpg

**Disclaimer: I'm a happy MyoFusion customer**

sloop
04-09-2011, 08:12 AM
:D

hxtp://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator71d308d4bd7767b5e2444047625454601e0d46db. jpg

hxtp://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator7485fcac1d83abfd0a968ef4ecbb4a7a7eceb2a0. jpg

**Disclaimer: I'm a happy MyoFusion customer**

http://i54.tinypic.com/2sb1t1i.gif

bruceg
04-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Just going to post this for the second time in this thread since no one seems to have seen it.

Those specs have probably been there forever...beings how EVERYONE has said they have these specs in their myo, as well as the fact that people have even posted to see it in other protein powders as well. Now that ONE incident happens with OP everyone's acting like chugging back their myo like they've been doing forever will kill them.

chrsschb
04-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Just going to post this for the second time in this thread since no one seems to have seen it.

Those specs have probably been there forever...beings how EVERYONE has said they have these specs in their myo, as well as the fact that people have even posted to see it in other protein powders as well. Now that ONE incident happens with OP everyone's acting like chugging back their myo like they've been doing forever will kill them.

Generalizations are bad.

But yes I agree, SOME people are overreacting.

bruceg
04-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Generalizations are bad.

But yes I agree, SOME people are overreacting.

I'm pretty sure you get the idea.

GoldenGains
04-09-2011, 08:48 AM
http://i53.tinypic.com/4q4wom.jpg

fish4thewin
04-09-2011, 08:49 AM
so I wake up today, Im about to make myself a myofusion shake, but i notice a few things in the powder, can a Gaspari rep please give me an explanation!!!!111oneONE!!

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l627/fish4thewin/myos.jpg

arconom
04-09-2011, 09:01 AM

I agree,I'm wrong in saying every product could be checked.

But would you agree that the raw ingredients could be checked? The production of this product doesn't even come close to say a Specific brand cereal where it would be impossible.

I also realize the product doesn't have to conform to pharmaceutical grade standard.

J_Dieter
04-09-2011, 09:41 AM
I have always noticed little shiny specs in every type of protein I've taken. It's probably the protein itself or BCAA's or something along those lines. If you have another brand of protein laying around, I would check it to see if the specs are about the same before you go saying it's metal.

askem
04-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 142
User Name Posts
Rhetorician 6
arconom 5
quank 4
standon23 4
Farley1324 4
bruceg 4
PuZo 4
lilcrate 4
IamJonsCranium 3
TMac26 3
wakingmalice 3
gladcow 3
|ceman 2
DASBUNKER 2
ISurfNudeBrah 2
Maxwell1995 2
DejaBlue55 2
rdslide 2
sloop 2
chrsschb 2
Hyruliangoat 2
patrick4588 2
madadam 2
GBROS 2
powercage 2
drxmn 2
longhorns_p 2
neddo 2
tyzero89 2
DJS2 1
TheFugitive 1
_Smitty_ 1
Bright2131 1
YANGSHIM 1
blynch923 1
fish4thewin 1
Hardnutcheck 1
JP83 1
FaMeRoKz 1
Murderfox 1
primetime32 1
SNOstorm 1
BigChamp89 1
koard31 1
dwcsoup22 1
notoriousbeast 1
bigpoppaapp 1
asmazda 1
MeatFlaps 1
SilvaWarrior 1
mojo85 1
Illadelphia 1
or_yourlivingtodie 1
Red9 1
PrepFootball 1
thegodjr 1
GetRippedInc 1
GoldenGains 1
MOEMONEYGT 1
RollUpSwollUp 1
heavyliftset 1
mer-der-ah 1
skier! 1
.:Chris:. 1
maq0r 1
Starkk 1
slimwealthy1 1
Daycrawler 1
TyroneF 1
BenW22 1
kn92 1
Jeff the Repper 1
2Burnt 1
nugget5 1
towinit 1
TSV 1
Ray9 1
Samamo 1
changemyoil66 1
GrecoRoman 1
DedicatedDad 1
rukkus 1
SheWulf 1
em-dubya 1
GymRat128 1
mobikwa 1
Killshot1 1
nrr40 1
J_Dieter 1
kentuckync 1

AronP24
04-09-2011, 09:57 AM
So Here's the deal....

This is a VERY series issue. VERY series.

I am no fan of Myofusion at all...however, Intrapro is definately one of my favorites.

It just so happens that my chosen "dork" hobby is metal detecting old battlefields, etc...

SO I had my trusty detector and equipment nearby ..

I am a true profession at this..so unless you are a true profession, donut try this at home...

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae116/kevinarnold1956/md1.jpg

After running a serious of simple tests I, too, unfortunez, found teh medals in my Protein.

http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/ae116/kevinarnold1956/md2.jpg

It appears that my chocolate flaored IntraPro contained a Civil War era Horseshoe and some artillery shrapnel.

Gaspari, you have some explained to do.

Plus, should I pm you for free stuff to make up for it..or will you go ahead and contacting me..

Thanks

series

deanna15
04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Myofusion is my favorite protein so I am still gonna use it. You should contact a company rep and have them either refund you or hook you up with more protein. That's what I would do instead of blogging it LOL

askem
04-09-2011, 10:01 AM
^^^ It just looks like you took a shiit on your mattress.

powercage
04-09-2011, 10:05 AM
In before Deanna has higher rep than me in 6 posts

Illadelphia
04-09-2011, 10:14 AM
In before Deanna has higher rep than me in 6 posts

She is hot, you are average without makeup :D

powercage
04-09-2011, 10:16 AM
She is hot, you are average without makeup :D

Is this why you wont take me out anymore?

AronP24
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Myofusion is my favorite protein so I am still gonna use it. You should contact a company rep and have them either refund you or hook you up with more protein. That's what I would do instead of blogging it LOL

sup?

http://carlosanastacio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mlm-pimp-2.jpg

lulz

powercage
04-09-2011, 10:20 AM
sup?

http://carlosanastacio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mlm-pimp-2.jpg

lulz

This is why we cant have nice things

Illadelphia
04-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Is this why you wont take me out anymore?

That and you always smell like green mag

Rhetorician
04-09-2011, 11:31 AM
I have been in contact with a biomedical engineer over at Gaspari and I am going to send them the tub along with the fragments I found in my tub. Their communication throughout this matter has been spot on. As a side note I have continued to use Myofusion because I believe that my incident is likely an isolated one.

Of course many, perhaps even the Gaspari reps themselves, feel as though I should have left this issue to simply a PM or a phone call, without posting this thread; however I would hazard a guess that if I had found metal fragments in my Vasolate or Trutein, some of those same people would feel otherwise.

I don't believe any company can avoid minute issues such as this one; the real "story" here is not the fact that I found something in my protein, but rather the way in which Gaspari is handling the issue. And they are handling it impeccably as far as I am concerned.

brb...sippin on my blue monster...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42328430/ns/business-consumer_news/

GBROS
04-09-2011, 11:37 AM
^^^ It just looks like you took a shiit on your mattress.

Lol that made me chuckle :D

White_Widow
the metal might kill ya brah

.:Chris:.
Wish we had more pictures of the shiney prize op got in his tub.

GBROS
04-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Wish we had more pictures of the shiney prize op got in his tub.

Willy wonka's golden (or silver?) ticket. Damn wish i had one. :(

Rhetorician
04-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Today I received a package from Gaspari which has rectified the problem that I had. I will probably be sending them the tub which had the issue in the next couple of days, and will allow them to further investigate the issue. They have been prompt, attentive, and courteous throughout this entire situation. I look forward to my continued use of their products.

MODS: If by chance you could copy this post to the first post, I would greatly appreciate it.

GoodGrip
04-12-2011, 01:22 PM
I just got home and drank my 1st Myofusion shake to compare the taste to Beverly Intl's Ultimate Muscle Protein, and then I read this...

Anyways, no mettle in mine so far, taste wise its good but not as good as UMP.

tdog69
04-12-2011, 01:55 PM
...... Metal peices... looks like a recall on the lot to me, something ended up where it should not have been on the assembly line.

shiny Flakes LOL for realz... and you still drink it, "i have yet to see shiny anything in the protein I take".

I prefer to leave the mystery out of my proteinz and know exactly what is in it.

Vanilla Thunder
04-12-2011, 01:59 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why I never read posts here anymore. 1% insight and discussion, 99% guys making stupid, useless comments.

DASBUNKER
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
This thread is a perfect example of why I never read posts here anymore. 1% insight and discussion, 99% guys making stupid, useless comments.

strong join date to do you even diet? ratio

Starkk
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM

Which category do you fall under?

lilcrate
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Still wondering why Gaspari reps haven't said what the shiny specs in everyone's tubs are. They clearly have been posting in other threads while this thread has been going on.

DASBUNKER
04-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Still wondering why Gaspari reps haven't said what the shiny specs in everyone's tubs are. They clearly have been posting in other threads while this thread has been going on.

they probably dont wanna make a big deal out of this and ignore this thread in hopes it goes away LOL... or/and dont know WTF OP is talking about or even worse, THEY KNOW

GymRat128
04-12-2011, 02:24 PM

Cause the Vendors who sell MYO and other supplements have more knowledge on Gaspari products then the Gaspari Reps on here and that one guy who always brags about writting the label info etc for Gaspari who no one likes and Calls other companys to file complaints about other reps cause he's sensitive like a 12 year old girl

whazzup101
04-12-2011, 02:27 PM
dude, that's not as bad as what I found.
I found dead and hardened meal worms or some type of insect like it in my dynamatize protein a few years back.
I was like wtf and I never touched their protein again til last month

MikeCellucor
04-12-2011, 02:40 PM
?? sub'd

Worst I ever found...was 13 scoops in one tub of protein. It was in my old store, and a customer returned it. I swore it was a joke. He got so mad I realized he was serious. :D

skier!
04-12-2011, 02:42 PM

When was it ever determined that there is "metal in everyone's tubs?"

One example does not equal correlation. And my personal theory is user error (foil from the wrapper falling in).

But to comment on a previous comment, yes 99% of the comments in this thread are a joke.

Cubsfan123
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM

They are online sales reps (besides des), they know as much as we do.

lilcrate
04-12-2011, 02:59 PM
When was it ever determined that there is "metal in everyone's tubs?"

One example does not equal correlation. And my personal theory is user error (foil from the wrapper falling in).

But to comment on a previous comment, yes 99% of the comments in this thread are a joke.

Where in my post did I say there was metal in everyone's tubs? I am referring to the shiny specs. I just found it strange they haven't commented on it yet. But I think the other posters hit it on the head in which they probably have no idea.

Edit: I was thinking it was the wrapper or seal too because this recently happened to me with another protein, but I watched it fall in. Does Myo have a foil seal? I haven't had a tub in a couple months.

GBROS
04-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Shameless bump. Serious issue of concern. :D

AlecGaspari
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM

This has been an isolated incident, with no other concerns being brought to the attention of gaspari, at this point. Batch orders have been searched, and nothing has been found wrong.

Until gaspari receives the protein in the mail, and is able to do a full inspection, then the actual cause of the error cannot be pinpointed, since it's a possibly one time incident.

Nobody in here really is able to comment until the next steps are taken

whyYOUmadBRO
04-12-2011, 05:50 PM
This has been an isolated incident, with no other concerns being brought to the attention of gaspari, at this point. Batch orders have been searched, and nothing has been found wrong.

Until gaspari receives the protein in the mail, and is able to do a full inspection, then the actual cause of the error cannot be pinpointed, since it's a possibly one time incident.

Nobody in here really is able to comment until the next steps are taken

Nice arms

AlecGaspari
04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
Nice arms

Starkk
04-12-2011, 06:00 PM

Who's the dude to your right?

Massicio
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Who's the dude to your right?

^lol'd

nazab
04-14-2011, 12:36 AM

Nobody in here really is able to comment until the next steps are taken. I don't see this as an isolated incident. We are now talking about the shiny specs that all of us can see in our Myofusion. What are these shiny flakes???

DASBUNKER
04-14-2011, 01:30 AM
just drank a shake... i forgot to look for the muscle building crystals OPs talking about... oh well, tomorrow will be another day..

MeatFlaps
04-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Will Myofusion cause me to have issues with airport security??

bruceg
04-14-2011, 11:57 AM

You'll most definitely be treated like a terrorist.

AlecGaspari
04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
. I don't see this as an isolated incident. We are now talking about the shiny specs that all of us can see in our Myofusion. What are these shiny flakes???

No idea what the shiny crystals are - I can ask HQ

i would assume it's sweetner or maybe even the micro-encapsulated CLA, but I honestly dont know

I will update this post when I hear back

of course not

Rasc170
04-14-2011, 12:21 PM
so no word on what's going on yet huh?

_J-BONE_
04-14-2011, 12:23 PM
so no word on what's going on yet huh?

How can there be when they don't even have the product in question back at HQ yet? They have to get Rhet's tub first and do an investigation the right way. That takes time.

IronGrizzly
04-14-2011, 12:55 PM
. I don't see this as an isolated incident. We are now talking about the shiny specs that all of us can see in our Myofusion. What are these shiny flakes???

Christmas edition? :P

But seriously I remember reading about shiny flakes in an EAA/BCAA product in another forum. If I do remember it correctly rep said it was due to the leucine. I'll check if I can find the thread.

VPX_Sports
04-15-2011, 06:58 AM

Friends with Giselle? She's the best!

nazab
04-16-2011, 05:40 AM
bump.....any updates on the shiny specs....

Farley1324
04-16-2011, 09:36 AM
No idea what the shiny crystals are - I can ask HQ

i would assume it's sweetner or maybe even the micro-encapsulated CLA, but I honestly dont know

I will update this post when I hear back

Looking forward.

nazab
04-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Bump...

MeatFlaps
04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
They are busy dumping all the Myofusion in a lake in jersey. I saw this scene before on the sopranos.

xlb57
04-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Christmas edition? :P

But seriously I remember reading about shiny flakes in an EAA/BCAA product in another forum. If I do remember it correctly rep said it was due to the leucine. I'll check if I can find the thread.

This was my first thought about shiny flakes in protein as well. While I am of course curious to hear what's up, I'm not overly concerned at this point.

eldawg
04-16-2011, 02:41 PM
This was my first thought about shiny flakes in protein as well. While I am of course curious to hear what's up, I'm not overly concerned at this point.

As per the label, there are no free form amino acids in Myofusion (there are in Intrapro).

xlb57
04-16-2011, 02:47 PM
As per the label, there are no free form amino acids in Myofusion (there are in Intrapro).

Good looking out... I guess we'll see!

Ray9
04-16-2011, 02:49 PM
I need an update, did he call customer service?

Hardnutcheck
04-16-2011, 03:08 PM
O lawdy.

bmore20
04-16-2011, 03:13 PM
You'll most definitely be treated like a terrorist.

Dick, thanks for getting me in trouble at work for laughing to loud.

Illadelphia
04-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Dick, thanks for getting me in trouble at work for laughing to loud.

There are alot of people in your job right now at 6:15 on a saturday evening?

SavageOne
04-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Interesting stuff. Sub'd to see outcome before ordering.

Rhetorician
04-16-2011, 03:49 PM
I need an update, did he call customer service?

Did you read the entire thread?
Gaspari has been as helpful as possible throughout this entire incident.

Rhetorician
04-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Interesting stuff. Sub'd to see outcome before ordering.

I'd go ahead and order. Since this has happened, I have actually ordered 20lbs of Myofusion. It is still one of, if not my favorite protein. As I have stated before they have handled this situation as well as one would expect, and let us not forget, my incident is thus far the SOLE problematic incident IIRC.

nazab
04-16-2011, 08:19 PM
I'd go ahead and order. Since this has happened, I have actually ordered 20lbs of Myofusion. It is still one of, if not my favorite protein. As I have stated before they have handled this situation as well as one would expect, and let us not forget, my incident is thus far the SOLE problematic incident IIRC.

We understand that they have great customer service and that they have solved your problem, but this is not the issue that we are talking about. We are still wondering what the shiny specs in Everyone's container are and gaspari hasn't answered us for three days now. I have 3 tubs of Myofusion that I'm not using until I know what those shiny specs are.

TMac26
04-16-2011, 08:31 PM
We understand that they have great customer service and that they have solved your problem, but this is not the issue that we are talking about. We are still wondering what the shiny specs in Everyone's container are and gaspari hasn't answered us for three days now. I have 3 tubs of Myofusion that I'm not using until I know what those shiny specs are.

My ON has these shiny "specs" as well.

I don't think its a problem.

BradenDoe
04-17-2011, 01:50 AM
Probably something to do with a cover-up from area 51. If it was such a major issue a recall would have been done, or ill health effects reported too!

Bakun
04-17-2011, 04:54 AM
List of my proteins that have had shiny specks in them in the past,

Muscle tech - Nitro tech
Relfex - Instant Whey
Dymatize - Elite Whey
ON - Gold standard whey
BSN - Syntha 6

I noticed it from day one, and considering things like Creatine/Amino's and such tend to shimmer i really dont think it takes much to realize its probably OK. Chunks of metal, sure thats a problem, but little shiney specks in your protein...normal.

DedicatedDad
04-17-2011, 06:35 AM
List of my proteins that have had shiny specks in them in the past,

Muscle tech - Nitro tech
Relfex - Instant Whey
Dymatize - Elite Whey
ON - Gold standard whey
BSN - Syntha 6

I noticed it from day one, and considering things like Creatine/Amino's and such tend to shimmer i really dont think it takes much to realize its probably OK. Chunks of metal, sure thats a problem, but little shiney specks in your protein...normal.

Add Scivation Whey to that list.

Nic70707
04-17-2011, 08:00 AM
In to know what the shiny specs are...mine has them too.

VEight
04-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Generally the shiny bits are BCAA. At least that's what they are in some proteins.

android04
04-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Hmmm can't wait to get an update.

nazab
04-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Myofusion doesn't have free form bcaa's, so we know that those specs aren't from amino's. I'm just wondering where the gaspari reps are???

powercage
04-17-2011, 09:24 AM
The reps dont know, it isnt their fault they arent the formulators. I am sure Alec will be back once they give him an answer.

MeatFlaps
04-17-2011, 09:56 AM
The reps dont know, it isnt their fault they arent the formulators. I am sure Alec will be back once they give him an answer.

Well thats pretty sad if they don't know. And how do you know this? Do you work for them to? You don't even know who your "formulators" are either. So you could be right.

gladcow
04-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Well thats pretty sad if they don't know. And how do you know this? Do you work for them to? You don't even know who your "formulators" are either. So you could be right.

Alec said he didn't know and that he was going to ask HQ. Give them the weekend and I'm sure he'll get to us once he knows.

nazab
04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Bumping this again...

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Good looking out. This is why I put my protein powder through a sifter first when I put it in the blender.

http://www.bluebirdnut.com/images/SIFTERS%2002.jpg

I've had some gross **** in my protein, like hairs, and some weird rock salt crystal thing, and some weird dark chunks, and actual yarn or threads.

The worst is when you buy psylium husk seeds for fiber they have little brown things and I think wood, but those little brown things could be rat poop.

JaredUdch
04-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Good looking out. This is why I put my protein powder through a sifter first when I put it in the blender.

I've had some gross **** in my protein, like hairs, and some weird rock salt crystal thing, and some weird dark chunks, and actual yarn or threads.

The worst is when you buy psylium husk seeds for fiber they have little brown things and I think wood, but those little brown things could be rat poop.

http://i.imgur.com/EldWT.jpg

skier!
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM

No you haven't.

Psyllium is basically pure fiber. Pure fiber isn't going to have the consistency of sugar or salt standalone or in water. I

This thread needs to be closed, the amount of garbage posted in here is mind boggling.

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
No you haven't.

Psyllium is basically pure fiber. Pure fiber isn't going to have the consistency of sugar or salt standalone or in water. I

This thread needs to be closed, the amount of garbage posted in here is mind boggling.

How do you know what I have experienced? Did you live my life? See how you neg repped me so quick to judge.

Hmmm I ordered 3 bags of this stuff and I have had several times had to pick out tiny wood branch pieces from my juice and some tiny dark floating things when I mixed the Psyllium husks in it.

http://drpullen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/psyllium-husk.jpg
http://img.nuvalife.com/supplements/077083-4/1/Health-Plus---100-Pure-Psyllium-Husks-Plastic-Bag-24-oz.jpg

TMac26
04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
How do you know what I have experienced? Did you live my life? See how you neg repped me so quick to judge.

Hmmm I ordered 3 bags of this stuff and I have had several times had to pick out tiny wood branch pieces from my juice and some tiny dark floating things when I mixed the Psyllium husks in it.

http://drpullen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/psyllium-husk.jpg
http://img.nuvalife.com/supplements/077083-4/1/Health-Plus---100-Pure-Psyllium-Husks-Plastic-Bag-24-oz.jpg

It is a "husk" after all.

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 06:28 PM
It is a "husk" after all.

Yup, and that idiot negs me calling me a liar. I've actually had little branches and little tiny stones in there. Also there was some dark things that could have been rat feces or charcoal or something, it def wasn't husk.

I use Organic India brand now.

TMac26
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
Yup, and that idiot negs me calling me a liar. I've actually had little branches and little tiny stones in there. Also there was some dark things that could have been rat feces or charcoal or something, it def wasn't husk.

I use Organic India brand now.

Oooh so it was the Husk causing that problem.

I think we were under the impression that was in your protein powder.

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Oooh so it was the Husk causing that problem.

I think we were under the impression that was in your protein powder.

Well my deal with some past protein brand was it had some threads, some type of crystal I am guessing it was salt or sugar and hairs in them and the Vanilla brand I bought was strange, it had some blue dye specks in it (It wasn't Myofusion brand) It was Vitamin world brand called Precision Engineered. I didn't have the problem in just one batch, I bought 6 containers when they had 50 percent off entire purchase of vitamin world brand items and two of them had foreign objects in them.

I don't user their protein anymore, I only use Myofusion now. But even now I still sift any type of powder I use before I put it in the blender just to be safe.

TMac26
04-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Well my deal with some past protein brand was it had some threads, some type of crystal I am guessing it was salt or sugar and hairs in them and the Vanilla brand I bought was strange, it had some blue dye specks in it (It wasn't Myofusion brand) It was Vitamin world brand called Precision Engineered. I didn't have the problem in just one batch, I bought 6 containers when they had 50 percent off entire purchase of vitamin world brand items and two of them had foreign objects in them.

I don't user their protein anymore, I only use Myofusion now. But even now I still sift any type of powder I use before I put it in the blender just to be safe.

Yea I can see "off brands" like that causing some issues. Hence why I usually stick to a few companies for my protein needs.

DedicatedDad
04-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Yea I can see "off brands" like that causing some issues. Hence why I usually stick to a few companies for my protein needs.

My understanding was that a great portion of the companies make their protein at the same place, so if this is the case (generic=bad), wouldn't we see this a lot more?

TMac26
04-17-2011, 07:52 PM
My understanding was that a great portion of the companies make their protein at the same place, so if this is the case (generic=bad), wouldn't we see this a lot more?

Depends on who does their manufacturing.

MGN and American Whey all do (did) their own, and well, we saw how that turned out.

Other companies like XF do their own and have never had a single issue.

quank
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM

Yup, and that idiot negs me calling me a liar.

don't give that skier! clown the honor of being recognized as an idiot. he negs ppl for the heck of it and leaves silly comments. i wonder what his main account is on here.

AlecGaspari
04-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I made a mistake and did not send an email to Dan asking about the shiny specs in myofusion --- I typed it out and must have x'ed out before it got sent

I sent him an email just right now, and asked him to personally come in here and help clear the confusion to put everyone's minds at ease

sorry for keeping you all in the dark, I'm a waiter and work the weekends so i'm not on at all fri-sun generally speaking

thanks again for being patient

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 09:25 PM

I heard that too, but the big companies like BSN and Muscle tech have their own factories.

I heard Vitamin Shoppe gets their protein from Twinlab

GNC gets their protein from Optimum Nutrition

And Vitamin Worlds protein comes from China?

skier!
04-17-2011, 09:37 PM

That is called fiber and you haven't had to pick anything out of there that wasn't supposed to be there. As I posted earlier, psyllium is basically pure fiber. It isn't going to have the consistency of sugar.

skier!
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM
don't give that skier! clown the honor of being recognized as an idiot. he negs ppl for the heck of it and leaves silly comments. i wonder what his main account is on here.

what are you talking about? i've never had any interaction with you on this forum. where are you getting this information from?

teen misc--------------------------------------------------->

s2kvtec9
04-17-2011, 09:39 PM

great just ordered 4 5lb tubs, now having second thoughts..

Lector606
04-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I have noticed this in choc pb and cookies and cream. It's very noticeable in the cookies and cream, or at least it was in the two containers that I've had. Never seen it in the three original flavors though.

It didn't bother me much at first, but when I was on my second container of cookies and cream and I saw it again I was a little concerned. Subbed but I'll give Gaspari the benefit of the doubt until a response has been given.

Matrix13
04-17-2011, 10:18 PM
I have noticed this in choc pb and cookies and cream. It's very noticeable in the cookies and cream, or at least it was in the two containers that I've had. Never seen it in the three original flavors though.

It didn't bother me much at first, but when I was on my second container of cookies and cream and I saw it again I was a little concerned. Subbed but I'll give Gaspari the benefit of the doubt until a response has been given.

Curious as well. Interested to see what HQ has to say...

firstandgoal
04-17-2011, 11:18 PM

Thats interesting I never tried myofusion Choc PB or C and C. What type of stuff did you see?

quank
04-18-2011, 06:57 AM
what are you talking about? i've never had any interaction with you on this forum. where are you getting this information from?

teen misc--------------------------------------------------->

i created a thread asking about NeoVar and received an infraction for ''Advertising bb.com competitors." i then asked the forum if it was now against bb.com rules to ask about wheycheap products on this site and you negged me with some silly @ss comment. for the sake of not wasting reps and negging you back i let it slide and put you on my bad bro list.

skier!
04-18-2011, 07:05 AM
i created a thread asking about NeoVar and received an infraction for ''Advertising bb.com competitors." i then asked the forum if it was now against bb.com rules to ask about wheycheap products on this site and you negged me with some silly @ss comment. for the sake of not wasting reps and negging you back i let it slide and put you on my bad bro list.

that's quite a tall tale you are telling. i think we both know that this event never transpired, except maybe in your distorted viewpoint.

anger will get you nowhere in life

quank
04-18-2011, 07:12 AM
that's quite a tall tale you are telling. i think we both know that this event never transpired, except maybe in your distorted viewpoint.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=625467833#post625467833

skier!
04-18-2011, 07:31 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=625467833#post625467833

Wow, a link to a post. Incriminating. You should be a Federal Prosecutor with your skills.

quank
04-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Wow, a link to a post. Incriminating. You should be a Federal Prosecutor with your skills.

if you upgrade your OS from Windows 2000 you'll see it's a link to the thread and not just a post.

Elliptical Envy
04-18-2011, 07:41 AM
This thread is getting good now.

Autodidactic
04-18-2011, 07:45 AM
This thread is getting good now.

I'm over the potential metal in my protein, I'm here for the e-fight.

GBROS
04-18-2011, 08:05 AM
Messing with Quank = a very short poster life.

Skier if I was you, id be careful :)

nazab
04-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Any reps from gaspari ready to chime in....enough with the useless posts. We still wanna know what we're ingesting....

GBROS
04-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Any reps from gaspari ready to chime in....enough with the useless posts. We still wanna know what we're ingesting....

In b4 |ceman and the rest of the Gaspari crew get you banned for asking for answers.

:rolleyes:

IamJonsCranium
04-18-2011, 09:40 AM
That is called fiber and you haven't had to pick anything out of there that wasn't supposed to be there. As I posted earlier, psyllium is basically pure fiber. It isn't going to have the consistency of sugar.

http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/4c/c1/1q/ipper.jpg

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6733630/well-obviously.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Antoine-Dodson

... you can't read. The best part is that you continue to argue without double checking what he typed.

ADS0913
04-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Damn, just bought a 5lb tub of choco mint.

Tastes just as bad as choco pb.

BRB sticking to chocolate, strawberry.

firstandgoal
04-18-2011, 10:22 AM

You called me a LIAR and neg repped me. Now you are saying people are telling tall tales?

I already received several positive reps and all of them said ignore that idiot Skier! he neg reps people for no reason and calls them liars.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the Red soon.

skier!
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
You called me a LIAR and neg repped me. Now you are saying people are telling tall tales?

I already received several positive reps and all of them said ignore that idiot Skier! he neg reps people for no reason and calls them liars.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were in the Red soon.

take a screen shot of your cp and post it so we can all laugh

people who make up stories, cause drama, and post inaccurate information that can be harmful to others/companies etc are disseminated negative reputation. that is the point of the system. the probability of you finding these substances in multiple containers of supps where you have to use a wire strainer is probably .00000001%.

if you feel you need attention, go elsewhere. you don't joke about there being foreign substances in food products. it isn't funny in the least

quank, this also goes for you. post your cp with this comment you claim i made. let's all take a look

IamJonsCranium
04-18-2011, 11:05 AM
take a screen shot of your cp and post it so we can all laugh

people who make up stories, cause drama, and post inaccurate information that can be harmful to others/companies etc are disseminated negative reputation. that is the point of the system. the probability of you finding these substances in multiple containers of supps where you have to use a wire strainer is probably .00000001%.

if you feel you need attention, go elsewhere. you don't joke about there being foreign substances in food products. it isn't funny in the least

quank, this also goes for you. post your cp with this comment you claim i made. let's all take a look

Gather 'round, it's time for a lesson.

His statement about "salt" was completely separate from his statement about husk. You somehow fused them in your mind and think that he's talking about salt husk.

dur

firstandgoal
04-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Gather 'round, it's time for a lesson.

His statement about "salt" was completely separate from his statement about husk. You somehow fused them in your mind and think that he's talking about salt husk.

dur

This guy Skier is a moron. How is he even in the green?

Mr.Cooper69
04-18-2011, 11:58 AM
This guy Skier is a moron. How is he even in the green?

Agreed. I have gotten him called out before and he sent me threatening PMs lol.